wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Medium Truck Transport business
sachez
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:06:22 AM

Iam intending to purchase a Mitsubishi FH215(a 10tonne truck).Iam told this kind of trucks are on demand at moment in transporting long/short distance goods, how true is this?How are the returns in this kind of business and how long does it take for the business to break even? In case the transport business does not work out what other kind of business can I get into with this truck?
Ali Baba
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:23:08 PM

sachez wrote:
Iam intending to purchase a Mitsubishi FH215(a 10tonne truck).Iam told this kind of trucks are on demand at moment in transporting long/short distance goods, how true is this?How are the returns in this kind of business and how long does it take for the business to break even? In case the transport business does not work out what other kind of business can I get into with this truck?
When I was in a dilemma like you,a friend advised me that :1..FH have weird brakes(they fail regularly when carrying heavy loads.2..FH can't go to rough areas(like dry riverbeds.Therefore can't ferry sand,ballast and other construction materials).3...FH are only good for matatu business(all others are a fallacy).4...visit a truck stop and see the most common truck.5...Be a proud owner of an Isuzu model truck(especially if you are under 30 years old---if above 30 or 40,don't celebrate too fast because an Isuzu truck might outlive you!!).6..Enjoy your trucking experience...
sachez
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:39:22 PM

Thank you Ali Baba for your advice.So you are saying this kind of business is viable enough to service a loan?My first intention was to use it in supplying building materials (some of which you have mentioned above) from your view how is the demand in this business(transport) and which Isuzu model should I go for?FRR?
I'am under 30years
Ali Baba
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 1:30:52 PM

sachez wrote:
Thank you Ali Baba for your advice.So you are saying this kind of business is viable enough to service a loan?My first intention was to use it in supplying building materials (some of which you have mentioned above) from your view how is the demand in this business(transport) and which Isuzu model should I go for?FRR?
I'am under 30years
The business is viable to service a loan.However,make sure your monthly payments are not like sh 200k.My friend services sh 79000/pm.The demand is pretty strong.There is lot's of construction going on,hence more trucks are needed to transport the building blocks,sand etc.FRR is cool.Also FSR is a good one for going to dry riverbeds.Go and check the size of an FSR wheel.The radius is quite big.This makes this truck ideal for driving into riverbeds and scooping sand and driving back to the Kibaki Superhighway !!! If you overload an Isuzu truck,its engine cuts out.FH,Hino,etc break the chasis.However,please note that FSR has a shorter chasis than FRR.And FRR tyre radius is smaller than FSR.But FRR can carry bigger loads than FSR....what you need to do,visit an area with this trucks and talk to the drivers,you will learn a lot about these vehicles.I'm glad you are below 30!! A new isuzu truck can last more than one generation......I hope I was of good help to you.
sachez
#5 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 7:26:05 PM

Thank you Ali Baba,it will certainly help a great deal I appreciate.
enyands
#6 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 9:56:59 PM

Ali Baba wrote:
sachez wrote:
I'am under 30years
The business is viable to service a loan.However,make sure your monthly payments are not like sh 200k.My friend services sh 79000/pm.The demand is pretty strong.There is lot's of construction going on,hence more trucks are needed to transport the building blocks,sand etc.FRR is cool.Also FSR is a good one for going to dry riverbeds.Go and check the size of an FSR wheel.The radius is quite big.This makes this truck ideal for driving into riverbeds and scooping sand and driving back to the Kibaki Superhighway !!! If you overload an Isuzu truck,its engine cuts out.FH,Hino,etc break the chasis.However,please note that FSR has a shorter chasis than FRR.And FRR tyre radius is smaller than FSR.But FRR can carry bigger loads than FSR....what you need to do,visit an area with this trucks and talk to the drivers,you will learn a lot about these vehicles.I'm glad you are below 30!! A new isuzu truck can last more than one generation......I hope I was of good help to you.

Alibaba these isuzu Iv been checking on Japanese car dealers and they rarely have ones from 2008 to 2016 at a reasonable price. Any reliable source of these vehicles ama buy the ones here in kenya from dealers ?
the_scriptor
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 06, 2016 2:27:07 PM

Isuzu works well, i have an old HTR and a Nissan diesel which are working quite well. In this business of material construction supply, you need very good drivers who are actually are the core of your business as they are the one interacting with the service demands(clients).
Tracking the trucks is a must as you need to quantify on the return per trip.
Remember the operation cost is also high, considering the roads these vehicles pass to quarries and sites they are delivering.
Service your trucks well and you will not get disappointed.
Good luck.
Thanks
Rasmwa
#8 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 11:16:31 PM

Hey all,
Am glad i bumped into this thread...i am a start up in the transport biz n own an Isuzu FRR....
Looking for any assistance with contacts for jobs or brokers...quite a jungle it seems so far...

Any help much appreciated!
Niko Salama
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 3:00:22 AM

have a friend with a new Isuzu 10 wheeler makes minimum of 150K a month - total cost 6m he put down 3m and paying 100k a month - demand for work is too much that he is thinking of employing two drivers day and nite shift - operates within Nairobi and environs - has tracking device to monitor movement and for security n the bank/insurance insists on it - gets work through word of mouth and referrals - there's money there go for it
Rasmwa
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 9:32:05 AM

Thanks@ Niko salama. Thats encouraging...i have done afew jobs mainly on machine cut stones and sand...
Problem i am encountering is getting contacts for alternative jobs eg hardware materials, farm produce and the likes...which i understand would probably start with brokers initially but there seems to be quite some resistance from people in getting this connections...

Anyone out there willing to help a fellow wazuan with any to start with?

gatoho
#11 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 9:02:50 AM

the_scriptor wrote:
Isuzu works well, i have an old HTR and a Nissan diesel which are working quite well. In this business of material construction supply, you need very good drivers who are actually are the core of your business as they are the one interacting with the service demands(clients).
Tracking the trucks is a must as you need to quantify on the return per trip.
Remember the operation cost is also high, considering the roads these vehicles pass to quarries and sites they are delivering.
Service your trucks well and you will not get disappointed.
Good luck.
Thanks

DOES anyone know where I can get an engine for Direct injection to sit on an older model
Foresight..
gatoho
#12 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 9:04:25 AM

@Alibaba know where I can get a Ndai engine preferably x jap?
Foresight..
sqft
#13 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2018 1:00:05 PM

What are the requirements to get Brookside milk transport tanker contract? How much do they pay?
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.