wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
rabbit farming
leona
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:04:00 AM

@Fundaah

A friend of mine started rearing pigs last year coz he was told that the pork demand in Nairobi by far exceeds supply....he reared too many pigs and is now stuck with them! Its good to do a thorough market analysis before venturing into any business. Am not implying that you wont get clients...of course you will...but,Researching and analysing the market well beforehand will help you gauge your startup..if you know what i mean.

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't..
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
Fundaah
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:52:00 PM

and we shall call the venture Rapid Rabbit Initiative (RRI)

I mean fundamental analysis,you get me?

Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health,its management and competitive advantages,and its competitors
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
leona
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:02:00 PM

@Fundaah

Thanks for the info. Now you are doing the homework...keep it coming:)

@Njung'e

Can i gatecrash on your Gigil visit? Am very interested.

brav
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:50:00 AM

@guka.... umeconfirm the date ya kuenda huko?

Usichoke kutafuta salary
katena
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:33:00 AM

Hi thea so much touched by this bizna on rabbits count me in and know that i can offer a piece of land near Thika for a start.

katena ventures
vision2030
#26 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:09:00 AM

This looks like a venture which can succeed.

Since many skerians have shown interest in it,it needs some more coordination and organization that will make it implementable.

Now that someone @katena has offered his/her piece of land for a start,it's worth a try.

Can someone volunteer to do the coordination?..Brav. or leona may be you can creat an email address where all members especially the 'peeping toms' can communicate.

meanwhile we can use: mpolekabisa@gmail.com

Chaka
#27 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:13:00 AM

As I think of joining,can someone tell me how these things are slaughtered i.e how bloody(sorry) is it?
alma
#28 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:23:00 AM

Not to burst your bubble but a lot more needs to be done especially on the marketing. a 1 tonne shortage is not big enough for going commercial. Think opening up your own butchery if you want a long lasting thing that will not go the way of mushroom farming and other Kenyan one time wonders.......The farmers I have met are all hype so be very careful....I do have a few rabbits and my approach is totally different...Don't be like some women group I know that started it and right now do not have a clue on where to take their rabbits.....
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
Fundaah
#29 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:39:00 AM

One thing I love SK is the minds we have..Critical thinking is in plenty...If the venture is to be undertaken .. we shall not go in blindly.....we shall draw a business plan....do some prelimenary market research/analysis..and besides that take calculated risks..that is what entreprenuership entails....we shall address all the possible scenarios before engaging.....but then we shall avoid overanalysis which may lead to paralysis ...and lack of action

Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health,its management and competitive advantages,and its competitors
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
danny6
#30 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:52:00 AM

A while ago when i was in my early teens i considered rabbits as pets and i used to rear them just for fun,i remember i had over 30 of them which i donated,i read here and its like i lost money a long the way!.

'When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door,that we do not see the ones which open for us'.
leona
#31 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:55:00 AM

Its impressive to note the interest these rabbits have drawn. Before @Njung'e gets back to us on the Gilgil visit....i still insist we all do thorough research/analysis and use @vision2030's idea of an email address to compare notes and forge the way forward. Lets not work on assumptions...lets have facts before venturing into the project

@Katena

Thanks! That's very noble of you...How big is the piece and shall we have a reliable person/persons watching over the rabbits lest we wake up someday to find the neighbourhood dogs had a 'party' with our rabbits!!!

Chaka
#32 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:58:00 AM

@danny6,

At that time,someone else was footing the bills so there was no need for money ...........

At the worst case scenario i.e getting stuck with rabbits,we can have a huge rabbit eating party every weekend till supply is exhausted.
Fundaah
#33 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:04:00 AM

That would still be fun and mitigation of losses..we'll have nothing to lose hehe

leona
#34 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:12:00 AM

Ati rabbit bash...hehee! That would be weird!

Fundaah
#35 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:30:00 AM

dont forget the pet market ...for those with kids they can get a pet as 'dividend' during the AGM..

brav
#36 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 10:23:00 AM

@Vision and all ive created rabbits.farming@gmail.com for this

@Leona coordination Leona tunaweza saidiana tuma email i give yo the password

hehe ati a party of sungura choma,sungura fry and sungura boiro... we eat till we constipate

Usichoke kutafuta salary
Wendz
#37 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 10:37:00 AM

@Chaka

That was a good one!!! You got jokes!!!

Some deals are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.
Njunge
#38 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 9:33:00 AM

@All,

Sorry folks.Haven't been here since Tuesday.I'll give a sneak preview of the visit before 10th of June,probably with snaps of what to expect.

God gives,mugikuyu takes.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
bushlink
#39 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:43:00 AM

I have 60,7 months old New Zealand whites,where can i sell them? or is there a willing buyer in this forum?

My Happiness makes me Happy too.
alma
#40 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 4:05:00 AM

@bushlink. If you still have the rabbits or some to sell please get in touch or leave your email addy......
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.