wazua Thu, May 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages123>»
CS Matiang'i...Kenya's Magufului?
Impunity
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:43:25 AM

He just stormed a naivasha school and spewed some vitriol!
Wah?

Is this what will clear the rot in our public schools?

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

FRM2011
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:02:02 PM

Impunity wrote:
Wah?

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Love his energy too. But on emotional intelligence, he scores a zero. He has made enemies with everyone in the ict sector. I hear the boss loves his zeal but the question on everyone's mind is ; who will save Matiangi from himself ?
Swenani
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:09:32 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Wah?

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Love his energy too. But on emotional intelligence, he scores a zero. He has made enemies with everyone in the ict sector. I hear the boss loves his zeal but the question on everyone's mind is ; who will save Matiangi from himself ?

Jesus saves
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Othelo
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:49:49 PM

Swenani wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Wah?

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Jesus saves

After kupanda mbegu smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
murchr
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 5:56:45 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Wah?

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Should leaders tolerate mediocrity so as to keep friends? And who wonders why Kenya is retrogressing? We are paying people a salary of 100K+ and they cant keep a record of account is that what your tax is worth?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Shak
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2016 4:08:35 PM

All candidates from both public and private schools who scored 400 marks and above will be admitted to national schools -OF THEIR CHOICE! Great move CS!
newfarer
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 7:27:09 PM

Applause
I like his zeal,lakinj hii Kenya, he is inspiring a horse to fly. I wish we had more cs like him.

mobile.nation.co.ke/counties/Schools-auditing-system-a-big-joke/-/1950480/3060584/-/format/xhtml/-/xsx6tg/-/index.html
punda amecheka
murchr
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 7:47:33 PM

newfarer wrote:
Applause
I like his zeal,lakinj hii Kenya, he is inspiring a horse to fly. I wish we had more cs like him.

mobile.nation.co.ke/counties/Schools-auditing-system-a-big-joke/-/1950480/3060584/-/format/xhtml/-/xsx6tg/-/index.html

He added: “In some schools, some headteachers have hired people to teach for them and are busy campaigning to become MCAs.

“When I ask the county director of such a place and he says he doesn’t know, you ask, 'Who should?
'”

We are doomed
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
harrydre
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 8:56:36 PM

One of my favourite CS...and the other former one...Ndemo! he needs to come back!
i.am.back!!!!
Kratos
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 6:20:54 PM

This fellow is not serious. We don't need more rules, we just need to enforce the ones we already have.

Should day scholars be banned from going home in 3rd term too?

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
geofreygachie
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:03:52 PM

Kratos wrote:
This fellow is not serious. We don't need more rules, we just need to enforce the ones we already have.

Applause Applause Applause Applause
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
sitaki.kujulikana
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:12:57 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
Kratos wrote:

Even day scholars go for midterm break, its not only boarders who take the break.

On the prayers thing, some school have it as an official occasion during the term, where they invite the archbishops, parents are supposed to also attend nd they make a big deal out of it, if the kids want to pray they have their repective sunday/saturday/friday religious services.

or what am I missing, or is it that we just like complaining about everything just for the sake.
Euge
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:24:38 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
Kratos wrote:

Even day scholars go for midterm break, its not only boarders who take the break.

On the prayers thing, some school have it as an official occasion during the term, where they invite the archbishops, parents are supposed to also attend nd they make a big deal out of it, if the kids want to pray they have their repective sunday/saturday/friday religious services.

or what am I missing, or is it that we just like complaining about everything just for the sake.

I have always wondered about these prayers. Someone naps for 4 solid years and then one week to the exam prays to pass? SMH
Lord, thank you!
sitaki.kujulikana
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:30:34 PM

Euge wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
Kratos wrote:

I have always wondered about these prayers. Someone naps for 4 solid years and then one week to the exam prays to pass? SMH

true, and the institutionalization of the same is the worrying thing for me, its just an exam not a matter of life and death and the afterlife, let the kids just do the exam and go on with life.
plus as you mention it might encourage some kids to stop working hard on the education front and work harder on the religious front.
maka
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:43:22 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Euge wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
Kratos wrote:

true, and the institutionalization of the same is the worrying thing for me, its just an exam not a matter of life and death and the afterlife, let the kids just do the exam and go on with life.
plus as you mention it might encourage some kids to stop working hard on the education front and work harder on the religious front.

C.U ukifika Form 4...
possunt quia posse videntur
sitaki.kujulikana
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 4:29:30 PM

My disappointment with the cs is the continual obsession with a single exam.
Why on earth do we have to get para military personnel armed to the teeth to guard some papers, our life and death fixation about 2 exams borders on insanity, especially now that we are giving kids laptops.
Just introduce continuous assessment tests, let universities have their own entrance exams and make sure secondary education is universal.
murchr
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:15:20 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
My disappointment with the cs is the continual obsession with a single exam.
Why on earth do we have to get para military personnel armed to the teeth to guard some papers, our life and death fixation about 2 exams borders on insanity, especially now that we are giving kids laptops.
Just introduce continuous assessment tests, let universities have their own entrance exams and make sure secondary education is universal.

That can only be passed by parliament. Infact there are efforts towards that. But until the law is changed, that single exam will mean everything to a majority of Kenyans. That single exam will determine how the world views us in matters credibility and integrity. So appreciate his effort and beckon your MPig to help amend the education act.
Kratos
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 7:04:55 PM

Euge wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
Kratos wrote:

Wewe nyinyi hamkusoma hio link, according to the CS removal of the midterm and prayers is so that students don't get the chance to acquire the leaked exams during such breaks or prayer meets.
Quote:
The Ministry of Education has now abolished mid-term breaks, prayers and visiting days during the third school term in a bid to contain cheating during the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations.

This has been announced by Education Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i, who assured Kenyans the government is taking sufficient measures to guarantee credible national examinations from end of this year.

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
Kratos
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:26:03 PM

Quote:
To add insult to injury, Education Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i has decided that all social events in the third term of the school calendar are to be banned.

The events, as per the directive by Dr Matiang’i, include prize-giving ceremonies, sports, visiting days, half-term breaks and annual general meetings.

Sports! Because mental and physical health and avoiding a sedentary lifestyle spent at a desk cramming isn’t important at all. And who needs healthy competition? Not high school students of today, apparently.

On top of that, second term, the longest, coldest term of the year, has been extended.

These measures are supposedly to curb cheating, but the two questions that immediately come to mind are, what about day scholars? What are they supposed to be doing, or does cheating not happen in day schools?

Secondly, instead of focusing on the children who are actually cheating, mostly because of the pressure people like the Education CS put on them to pass exams by all means necessary whether they are academically gifted or not, perhaps he should focus on his own department, which leaks these exams out.

After all, the students are cheating from documents made available through pilferage. How about taking care of security at home instead of confining children like sheep for literally months on end?

LINK

murchr
#20 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 7:24:52 PM

So some of your kids decided to burn a dormitory because the teachers supposedly denied them the luxury of watching the EURO cup matches.

Area MP Zebedeo Opore, requested the CS to reconstruct the dormitories and this is what the CS said.

"School infrastructure is very expensive. The government will not and I repeat will not help in rebuilding the dormitories," he added.

Those present were MPs Joel Onyancha, Jimmy Angwenyi, Hosea Ojwang, former CIC chairman Charles Nyachae and lawyer Ken Nyaundi.

FYI, you will not be able to transfer your unruly kids to another sch. Every transfer has to be approved by the assistant county director.