wazua Thu, May 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

69 Pages«<56789>»
Cytonn Investments
enyands
#121 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:05:09 PM

alma1 wrote:
I really have tried to retire from chocho mendia today .Closed all my accounts but wazua iko na kamdudu.

Horton, saying that someone has not been conned does not equate to not being conned.

I mean Maddoff ran a ponzi for 30 years. Inpected and approved!

The questions that PaulKimani is asking are valid. Very valid in the light of whats going on in the financial sector.

I find it funny that you have tried many methods of keeping us excited with this group. Not including that they are CFA's. I have advised you that I'm also a CFA. Got mine not in Kenya but in Boston in 2007. I have the godammed certificate. But heck I'm not financially literate. So that argument in mute.

You say words like haters...What the hell does that mean?

Impunity has asked you a direct question. Where the hell do these fellows invest so that they can make 15% returns to give to you and still keep that office, still pay those salaries, and still go to Boston to meet the diaspora.

We have had enough of these firms. Ask BGL and his FEK ama ni FPK group.

The Maddoff scam was 10%. 10% was a ponzi. 10%

Cyntonn must and must get one project completed. Otherwise they are selling hot air. We have a thread on another property firm here from 25 bob to 1.5 bob.

Paulkimani is right to question and ask.

Obi 1 please tell us one project done and completed by Cynton that you know off. Otherwise your so called returns could be someone elses deposits.

Ni hayo tu Saitan

It's called FEP fountain enterprise program
murchr
#122 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:09:04 PM

FYI, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, smells like a duck, then it probably is.....BUT experience is the best teacher.

Business Insider wrote:
A well-respected financier, Bernie Madoff convinced thousands of investors to hand over their savings, falsely promising consistent profits in return. He was caught in December 2008 and charged with 11 counts of fraud, money laundering, perjury, and theft.

Here's how Madoff conned his investors out of $65 billion and went undetected for decades:

Madoff used a so-called Ponzi scheme, which lures investors in by guaranteeing unusually high returns.

Ponzi schemes are run by a central operator, who uses the money from new, incoming investors to pay off the promised returns to older ones. This makes the operation seem profitable and legitimate, even though no actual profit is being made. Meanwhile, the person behind the scheme pockets the extra money or uses it to expand the operation.

To avoid having too many investors reclaim their "profits," Ponzi schemes encourage them to stay in the game and earn even more money. The "investing strategies" used are vague and/or secretive, which schemers claim is to protect their business. Then all they need to do is tell investors how much they are making periodically, without actually providing any real returns.

Ponzi schemes aren't usually very sustainable. The setup eventually falls apart after:
    (1) The operator takes the remaining investment money and runs.
    (2) New investors become harder to find, meaning the flow of cash dies out.
    (3) Too many current investors begin to pull out and request their returns.

In Madoff's case, things began to deteriorate after clients requested a total of $7 billion back in returns. Unfortunately for Madoff, he only had $200 million to $300 million left to give.

Another reason Madoff managed to fly under the radar for so long (despite multiple reports to the SEC about suspicions of a Ponzi scheme), is because Madoff was a well-versed and active member of the financial industry. He started his own market maker firm in 1960 and helped launch the Nasdaq stock market. He sat on the board of National Association of Securities Dealers and advised the Securities and Exchange Commission on trading securities. It was easy to believe this 70-year-old industry veteran knew exactly what he was doing.

Madoff really only made off with $20 billion, even though on paper he cheated clients out of $65 billion,
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
alma1
#123 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:24:24 PM

when you see beautiful and handsome fellows with make up telling you about an alleged kabroti called alma, just google Murchr's post above.

I am alma and I can confess i don't have a kabroti in ruaka. Do you know the problems that the current Ruaka house owners have? Security, they even have a facebook page about it.....low occupancy.....as in you don't even google and facebook search to know the problems in Ruaka.

But I'm still waiting for Horton to tell us

What was his rate of return....

Then we can discuss this Sytan thing with real data.....Not lovely fly overs on properties that don't exist on youtube.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Impunity
#124 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:17:28 PM

alma1 wrote:
Horton

Help us understand. Since you have dealt with them. You might actually help us understand...

Have you invested and what was your rate of return?

Let's start with that question then we move on step by step.

If you have the balls that is.

Question 1..What was your rate of return? We'd be happy if you kept it monthly, quarterly and yearly. Then year to date.

PDF copies of returns should be attached to authenticate the claim.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Impunity
#125 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:26:06 PM

alma1 wrote:
when you see beautiful and handsome fellows with make up telling you about an alleged kabroti called alma, just google Murchr's post above.

I am alma and I can confess i don't have a kabroti in ruaka. Do you know the problems that the current Ruaka house owners have? Security, they even have a facebook page about it.....low occupancy.....as in you don't even google and facebook search to know the problems in Ruaka.

But I'm still waiting for Horton to tell us

What was his rate of return....

Then we can discuss this Sytan thing with real data.....Not lovely fly overs on properties that don't exist on youtube.

If Cytonn invest in Banks FDR, then let them tell us which banks are these, ata kama ni za Majuu, we will just accept.
The bank may trust "their" huge deposit of 200M rather than my 1 Miao.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

tom_boy
#126 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:01:00 PM

Horton , uko wapi! Unlike you who is waiting to be conned or hear of someone being conned, others choose to seek out the red flags. If you see a lion in Kitengela, you dont wait for proof that it has teeth.

Lakini, I am also interested in the answers to above questions.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Rollout
#127 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:43:12 PM

Horton = Dande
Rollout
#128 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:44:12 PM

Horton = Dande

How can you people not notice that????????
Horton
#129 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:08:47 PM

@rollout did u jus " roll out a joint" before u said that? ( see what i did there?!?!Laughing out loudly ) LOL my credentials are very well know by a lot of wazuans....ask sparkly I aint no Dande

Hi@Alma thanks for asking a valid question,
1)I have shares i bought in the PPM, bought at 10, currently 60- i thought I mentioned that several times before?.(bought as a group)
2)I have invested in their CMS- rate 18%, interest paid monthly, after tax, roughly 16.5% its really quite straight forward, I needed some cash somewhere in Jan and I just filled out a withdrawal slip and money was wired to my account the day after without deductions no questions asked.
3) i have bought the alma, off plan, it started off at 4.675m, currently at 5.8m, we have a payment plan (bought as a group)
@impunity, thats just ridiculous, I'm not going to post my details here.

@tom boy, why the excitement? please tell me what you find "suspicious" don't give me the duck theory, something tangible would be nice from you and your friend paul for a change.BTW all these years i have seen bad banks, ponds come and go.... i see those a mile away ;) A lion can be seen and the dangers are quite apparent; carnivorous cat, attacks when threatened, however in this case I see no claws or canines, just an investment opportunity. I will take my chances here, odds look pretty good in my favour. Thanks for your concern but it is clearly without validity.

@murchr, Bernie Madoff, was a man respected by all in the industry, was a long time player, giving very AVERAGE returns...not spectacular returns. He did no marketing (unlike Cytonn), for those of you who don't like reading there is a brief documentary somewhere on how he did business. Simply put His sons Mark & Andrew and his brother, Peter who ran the fronting company, did not even have a clue of the delivery room fraud!! Great read it was ,"Wizard of Lies" is the name of the book for all who care for a read.

In summation, Investing is always a risk, and its how u mitigate your risks by doing your own homework. I acquit confident that my homework has been done properly. Having been in this market for 16years now, I think I have a pretty good idea that this is a home run FOR ME. We are always learning. Remember, all these are my views and I bare responsibility for no one.(thats me stating the obvious)
newfarer
#130 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:24:30 PM

ponZi
punda amecheka
Rollout
#131 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:13:54 PM

@ Horton
Most Ponzi schemes are not intentionally build to be Ponzi schemes, it turn Ponzi when the owners start promising returns they cannot sustain, because they want to hype their business, they start paying out returns that were not profitably achieved but rather out of investor's capital/deposits. That is how a well intended venture turn into a ponzi scheme
murchr
#132 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:26:27 PM

Horton wrote:
@rollout did u jus " roll out a joint" before u said that? ( see what i did there?!?!Laughing out loudly ) LOL my credentials are very well know by a lot of wazuans....ask sparkly I aint no Dande

Hi@Alma thanks for asking a valid question,
1)I have shares i bought in the PPM, bought at 10, currently 60- i thought I mentioned that several times before?.(bought as a group)
2)I have invested in their CMS- rate 18%, interest paid monthly, after tax, roughly 16.5% its really quite straight forward, I needed some cash somewhere in Jan and I just filled out a withdrawal slip and money was wired to my account the day after without deductions no questions asked.
3) i have bought the alma, off plan, it started off at 4.675m, currently at 5.8m, we have a payment plan (bought as a group)
@impunity, thats just ridiculous, I'm not going to post my details here.

@tom boy, why the excitement? please tell me what you find "suspicious" don't give me the duck theory, something tangible would be nice from you and your friend paul for a change.BTW all these years i have seen bad banks, ponds come and go.... i see those a mile away ;) A lion can be seen and the dangers are quite apparent; carnivorous cat, attacks when threatened, however in this case I see no claws or canines, just an investment opportunity. I will take my chances here, odds look pretty good in my favour. Thanks for your concern but it is clearly without validity.

@murchr, Bernie Madoff, was a man respected by all in the industry, was a long time player, giving very AVERAGE returns...not spectacular returns. He did no marketing (unlike Cytonn), for those of you who don't like reading there is a brief documentary somewhere on how he did business. Simply put His sons Mark & Andrew and his brother, Peter who ran the fronting company, did not even have a clue of the delivery room fraud!! Great read it was ,"Wizard of Lies" is the name of the book for all who care for a read.

In summation, Investing is always a risk, and its how u mitigate your risks by doing your own homework. I acquit confident that my homework has been done properly. Having been in this market for 16years now, I think I have a pretty good idea that this is a home run FOR ME. We are always learning. Remember, all these are my views and I bare responsibility for no one.(thats me stating the obvious)

Madoff had his sons and other directors in his company, it wasnt just Madoff and sons. Some of these directors are rotting in jail. Madoff did not advertise but his name was enough...he was accomplished.

He did not start off as a ponzi....just that, the returns were no longer sustainable and the cash coming in was thinning. He blamed his investors for wanting more..and everyone else just like what this Dande fellow is doing. You know what Buffet says..."you get to know who's swimming naked when the tide goes down"...

Bernie Madoff wrote:
"When you deal with people’s money, as I did for all my life, you realize how strange they are; it’s all like, ‘What have you done for me lately?’ If you made money for me, I was smart... and if you lose money, then it’s all your fault. So you become somewhat callous about people lying."

On stupid investors: He says the ton of people who begged him to take their money, didn't seem to care about the "red flags" and "caveats" that he waved in their faces. He explains,
Bernie Madoff wrote:
“They were all told by me, ‘Don’t invest any more money than you could afford to lose. This is the stock market. There’s always stuff that can happen. Brokerage firms can fail. I could go crazy and do something stupid. If you want a [safe thing], put your money in government bonds. So everybody understood this."

On greedy investors:
Bernie Madoff wrote:
“Everyone was greedy. I just went along.".........................
"Their friends had told them, ‘How can you be making 15 or 18 percent when everyone is making less money? Believe me, if you don’t think they had doubts, they had doubts … I would say, certainly, by the mid-to-late nineties."
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#133 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:35:18 PM

Just so that we dont loose track on this one I will list down the MDs comments

Edwin Dande wrote:
Come on mclaren, why are you such a hater? who have we conned? The last I checked, our investors are very happy. if you want to do well just get down to work and deliver results and you will grow. and what is wrong with CPA and CFAs marketing? We have a qualified and capable team, and we are putting that to work, what is the issue? And yes, we are the leading brand in research and reports, is there any specific issue you have with the content and analysis in the reports? And the projects are ongoing ...go across from bomas of kenya there is a signature development going on. Go to ruaka, we have the largest development in Kiambu County, in Ololua we break ground next month. In June we launch are whole new city in Athi. If you have any genuine matters you want to understand, you are welcome for a cup of tea at our State House Avenue offices.

Edwin Dande wrote:
Paul, just like mclaren, stop hating. You can come and verify our qualifications. Let me know when you can come to our offices and we will have our qualifications ready for your review. Our research is headed by the most qualified person in matters finance in this country - Elizabeth. The last I checked, she was one among the very few in this entire country with a CPA, CFA and MBA, and that one per is at Cytonn. What issue do you have? And what do you mean nothing to show? What do you want we show you? Just come for a cup of tea Paul, please.

ON ACHIEVEMENTS

Edwin Dande wrote:
Tuege, we have achieved a lot. 1) Today we employ 120 kenyans across three offices - state house avenue, The Chancery and Washington DC. 2) We have secured Taaleri of Finland as our leading investor. 3) We have over 1,300 acres on projects under development - you can check our website for the list. 4) We have raised over Kshs. 5 billion. Honestly, you should be partnering with us for growth not bashing us for doing nothing. Come we give you a more comprehensive list. You what have you achieved?

Edwin Dande wrote:
We are a blessed and generous firm Paul, so we welcome people for coffee and team anytime. We don't need to go to Bonds or Stanley, we even have a bar in the office, open every Friday at 4 pm. We chat and share ideas and plan the next execution over coffee and drinks. Don't underestimate the press, they are very sharp and tired of old ideas. Cytonn is a fresh breathe of air. Again, stop hating.

All the best to you Cynton and investors. May we meet in the future.
maka
#134 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:48:48 PM

murchr wrote:
Just so that we dont loose track on this one I will list down the MDs comments

Edwin Dande wrote:
Come on mclaren, why are you such a hater? who have we conned? The last I checked, our investors are very happy. if you want to do well just get down to work and deliver results and you will grow. and what is wrong with CPA and CFAs marketing? We have a qualified and capable team, and we are putting that to work, what is the issue? And yes, we are the leading brand in research and reports, is there any specific issue you have with the content and analysis in the reports? And the projects are ongoing ...go across from bomas of kenya there is a signature development going on. Go to ruaka, we have the largest development in Kiambu County, in Ololua we break ground next month. In June we launch are whole new city in Athi. If you have any genuine matters you want to understand, you are welcome for a cup of tea at our State House Avenue offices.

Edwin Dande wrote:
Paul, just like mclaren, stop hating. You can come and verify our qualifications. Let me know when you can come to our offices and we will have our qualifications ready for your review. Our research is headed by the most qualified person in matters finance in this country - Elizabeth. The last I checked, she was one among the very few in this entire country with a CPA, CFA and MBA, and that one per is at Cytonn. What issue do you have? And what do you mean nothing to show? What do you want we show you? Just come for a cup of tea Paul, please.

ON ACHIEVEMENTS

Edwin Dande wrote:
Tuege, we have achieved a lot. 1) Today we employ 120 kenyans across three offices - state house avenue, The Chancery and Washington DC. 2) We have secured Taaleri of Finland as our leading investor. 3) We have over 1,300 acres on projects under development - you can check our website for the list. 4) We have raised over Kshs. 5 billion. Honestly, you should be partnering with us for growth not bashing us for doing nothing. Come we give you a more comprehensive list. You what have you achieved?

Edwin Dande wrote:
We are a blessed and generous firm Paul, so we welcome people for coffee and team anytime. We don't need to go to Bonds or Stanley, we even have a bar in the office, open every Friday at 4 pm. We chat and share ideas and plan the next execution over coffee and drinks. Don't underestimate the press, they are very sharp and tired of old ideas. Cytonn is a fresh breathe of air. Again, stop hating.

All the best to you Cynton and investors. May we meet in the future.

I invest with them and am very happy...I will exit at the right time.
possunt quia posse videntur
Rollout
#135 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:01:57 PM

I spent 20 min on Cynton website and It made me uncomfortable. the 5 billion they've raised goes into 3 project.

*10 crazy looking mansions investment total, Ksh 625M or kshs 62.5m each
** Crazy/Hollywood kind mansions total, kshs 3.05B

*** Overpriced flats( 1 bedroom ~kshs 5M) total price kshs 1.6b

Make your judgement

Those who want to exit, what are you exiting from? the houses are not done, there is currently no underlying asset tied to your investment, the only way to exit is if they pay you off other people's capital.

Ash Ock
#136 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:09:09 PM

The biggest redflag I had earlier posted on Cytonn was this:

Quote:
Cytonn Investments has repaid a KES 220 million or approximately $2.1 million structured real estate loan provided by Taaleritehdas Private Equity, an arm of a Finnish Wealth Management company. The note had been structured at the market rate cost of funds of 18% plus participation in the capital appreciation achieved during the period of the note, delivering the Helsinki-headquartered investor an annualized return of 54%.

Annualized return of 54%? Phew!

Sources:

http://africacapitaldige...onn-repays-2-1mln-note/

http://www.capitalfm.co....ote-with-taaleritehdas/

http://www.businessdaily...2/-/fxi08a/-/index.html

For whatever it's worth, here are a few picture from Amara Ridge (grabbed from Skyscrapercity):

Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
KenyanEconomist
#137 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:11:41 PM

What ever happened to the Britam Court case? I was told it's still ongoing?
Rollout
#138 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:15:29 PM

Ash Ock wrote:
The biggest redflag I had earlier posted on Cytonn was this:

Quote:
Cytonn Investments has repaid a KES 220 million or approximately $2.1 million structured real estate loan provided by Taaleritehdas Private Equity, an arm of a Finnish Wealth Management company. The note had been structured at the market rate cost of funds of 18% plus participation in the capital appreciation achieved during the period of the note, delivering the Helsinki-headquartered investor an annualized return of 54%.

Annualized return of 54%? Phew!

Sources:

http://africacapitaldige...onn-repays-2-1mln-note/

http://www.capitalfm.co....ote-with-taaleritehdas/

http://www.businessdaily...2/-/fxi08a/-/index.html

For whatever it's worth, here are a few picture from Amara Ridge (grabbed from Skyscrapercity):

How did the capital appreciate?

paulkimani
#139 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:16:04 PM

KenyanEconomist wrote:
What ever happened to the Britam Court case? I was told it's still ongoing?

It is ongoing. Britam and Acorn settled. Acorn handed over the irregularly transferred land AND money totalling over 3.9 billion to Britam... Handed BACK the money and land.
Meaning there was something TO HAND BACK! The guys at Cytonn had given Acorn what was not for them and Britam settled with Acorn because they gave it back.

Britam did not settle with Cytonn. They are still pursuing criminal charged against Cytonn and now after settling with Acorn and gaining their land and money back - they have a even more valid claim. Acorn essentially proved that the Cytonn guys stole from Britam when they gave the money and land back.

murchr
#140 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:16:28 PM

Rollout wrote:
I spent 20 min on Cynton website and It made me uncomfortable. the 5 billion they've raised goes into 3 project.

*10 crazy looking mansions investment total, Ksh 625M or kshs 62.5m each
** Crazy/Hollywood kind mansions total, kshs 3.05B

*** Overpriced flats( 1 bedroom ~kshs 5M) total price kshs 1.6b

Make your judgement

Those who want to exit, what are you exiting from? the houses are not done, there is currently no underlying asset tied to your investment, the only way to exit is if they pay you off other people's capital.

@Drunkard Where the hell have you been?