wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

69 Pages«<34567>»
Cytonn Investments
muganda
#81 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:16:56 PM

You know, the Cytonn guys are working hard to grow their business, and to break into the big leagues - commendable, should bring return in the long run. The new campaign 'be sharp, not smart' is quite catchy - bravo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7RlJma3_No

The issue in my view is the 'hawking' (like undercover trolling products here) or 'glossing' (trying to look bigger than you are or higher return than is real). As a professional service provider, it cheapens you.

jano
#82 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:45:43 PM

one thing is that top banks offer very low interest rates,it's the small banks that offer very high rates but the risk is higher and any serious fund manager will have a low limit to invest with them...one possible reason why old mutual has low rates despite a big portfolio is they probably bought investment instruments e.g long term bonds that are performing poorly and therefore affecting the average yield.

cytonn come to the market when rates were attractive and so their yield is high again their portfolio is small which makes it easier to buy investment instruments.

Fund managers get very high offers from some banks but they will turn down the offers because of risk.Cytonn seems to be taking anything that comes.

They have not not attained the cma license to do unit trusts.
Chaka
#83 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:10:10 PM

jano wrote:
one thing is that top banks offer very low interest rates,it's the small banks that offer very high rates but the risk is higher and any serious fund manager will have a low limit to invest with them...one possible reason why old mutual has low rates despite a big portfolio is they probably bought investment instruments e.g long term bonds that are performing poorly and therefore affecting the average yield.

OMAM has had low returns for a very long time..The irony is that despite that,a lot of funds are invested with them.If I am not wrong,they probably control at least 60% of the market.
jano
#84 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 8:36:29 AM

yes they do,being that they are the oldest in the market most of their clients are not very young,they don't easily switch investments.
enyands
#85 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:33:44 AM

Some companies need to be well established,have self sustaining and working systems before franchising. Early franchising is too ambitious .
ayushnehra
#86 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2016 7:06:19 PM

Has anyone here actually invested with Cytonn? what is their service like?
Dreams are not the thing you see in your sleep..it's the thing that doesn't let you sleep. - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
enyands
#87 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2016 7:25:50 PM

ayushnehra wrote:

Go previous page and see posts from @Horton and @eco too
alma1
#88 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2016 7:31:31 PM

ayushnehra wrote:

read the comments and understand why
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

ayushnehra
#89 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2016 9:32:17 PM

alma1 wrote:
ayushnehra wrote:

read the comments and understand why

I did read..but was expecting to hear from someone on their experience? Ive jumped on to the band wagon for 1 month with the minimum. Lets see how it goes.
Dreams are not the thing you see in your sleep..it's the thing that doesn't let you sleep. - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
paulkimani
#90 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 8:48:50 AM

http://www.the-star.co.k...ntial-property_c1329468

brush over to comments section. finally people are realizing self advertising and nonsensical reports with nothing of substance do not equal investor confidence. Conmen as usual in Kenya
Othelo
#91 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:09:29 AM

paulkimani wrote:
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/04/11/kiambu-set-to-reap-from-cytonns-sh3-billion-residential-property_c1329468

brush over to comments section. finally people are realizing self advertising and nonsensical reports with nothing of substance do not equal investor confidence. Conmen as usual in Kenya

Those comments, whah and this one

Cytonn is all talk no action. Jengeni kitu bana hata kama ni kiosk

Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
alma1
#92 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 4:40:38 PM

How do you pronounce it with a Maine accent? Saitan?

paulkimani
#93 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 5:43:10 PM

Othelo wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/04/11/kiambu-set-to-reap-from-cytonns-sh3-billion-residential-property_c1329468

In response to the article I posted a comment and Mr. Dande CEO of Cytonn replied with this:

"Paul, just like mclaren, stop hating. You can come and verify our qualifications. Let me know when you can come to our offices and we will have our qualifications ready for your review. Our research is headed by the most qualified person in matters finance in this country - Elizabeth. The last I checked, she was one among the very few in this entire country with a CPA, CFA and MBA, and that one per is at Cytonn. What issue do you have? And what do you mean nothing to show? What do you want we show you? Just come for a cup of tea Paul, please."

I in turn responded to his comment. A few hours later I was told my comment had been removed! If they can't accept critism.. or maybe my comment hit hard to the truth. here it is:

"

I'm shocked you reported my comment to be removed Edwin rather than accept critisim. here it is again

1.Cytonn’s in-house lawyer, Patricia Wanjama – as well as being
enjoined in the Britam suit – is being investigated by the LSK
disciplinary committee. Her own father sits on the board of the LSK
disciplinary committee, and Cytonn also now sponsors the LSK - as stated on the LSK website.

I have to give it to you Mr. Dande, pure genius sponsoring the
same committee investigating your lawyer… conmen at its finest!

2.Many companies and individuals are creating real estate deals much
larger than Cytonn – which begs the question – why is the media focusing on Cytonn. Are they “sponsoring” the media also?

But
we all know the answer to that - the public are just understanding now
that companies like yours will always seem gold until they aren't.
Facades and veils will always come off as hard as you try publicizing
only what you want.

3. Thirdly, Mr. Dande, your team in reports
and elsewhere make absolutely nonsensical comments such as (and I
paraphraseso bear with me) ''Ruaka is a hot location for development.''

Considering
Cytonn have invested there it is very obvious your company thinks it’s a
good idea, why should there be a news article on the same? Waste of
time and goes to show who is being paid.

4. More comments from
your company directors such as “When you talk about glut or a bubble
it’s usually a problem when the sector is financed with bank credit but
in our case Kenya’s real estate segment is getting a significant amount
of private equity financing which supports it”

For an investor to
assume that a bubble cannot occur because financing is being raised
through private equity is quite misleading and quite frankly shows lack
of knowledge and ignorance of Kenya's economy.

I could go on, but I think you see my point. We are allowed to have
opinions. There is no need for you to try get everyone to like what you
do as I’m sure you know, so don’t waste your time trying Mr. Dande. No
need
for you to insult anyone by asking 'you what have you achieved'? or
'when was the last time someone asked about your grooming?'' as
your
response to a comment below mine. It is good people are questioning -
this shows Kenyans are smart and educated and not willing to fall for
the perils in our history. Do not undermine us by asking us stupid
questions as a defence tactic. Good day Mr. Dande."
Plimsoul
#94 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:00:49 PM

You mean the MD of such a large successful firm took the time to reply to anonymous online trolls in the comment section where humanity goes to die? In his real name? Wow
alma1
#95 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:34:44 PM

Usually I listen to Ric Dees

find his post here http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...amp;m=707695#post707695

But at the same time when someone tells you they are sijui MBA's and CFA's and that's proof of anything, please direct them to me

I'm from UON, have an MBA, and also CFA. If you want more please email me, I'll send you the godammed papers.

But I was not good in that shit. I just passed the f***ing exam. That's why I keep away from the blue section but apana and no more.

So papers or lack of them means diddly to me

What I do for a living has got no degree just being f***ed up for so long by life you get to know how to milk a cow.

So if that's their argument, run....Look at Imperial and Chase with all their MBA's from London.

The questions have been asked on this thread. Your question paulkimani was valid.

Other than hype.. Because selling 100% of property you have not even built is called hype...What has Saitan done for you lately.

Enough of these money companies that come in with no REAL PROOF OF ANYTHING. Other than paying nation editors and reporters to come for a drink at serena...By the way, using your money to be given 15% returns while the whole banking industry is collapsing.

Building a house is one thing...Maintaining a return of 15% for 10 years is a thing that only drug dealers know about. And of course Kenyans....

enyands
#96 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:39:18 PM

paulkimani wrote:
Othelo wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

In response to the article I posted a comment and Mr. Dande CEO of Cytonn replied with this:

"Paul, just like mclaren, stop hating. You can come and verify our qualifications. Let me know when you can come to our offices and we will have our qualifications ready for your review. Our research is headed by the most qualified person in matters finance in this country - Elizabeth. The last I checked, she was one among the very few in this entire country with a CPA, CFA and MBA, and that one per is at Cytonn. What issue do you have? And what do you mean nothing to show? What do you want we show you? Just come for a cup of tea Paul, please."

I in turn responded to his comment. A few hours later I was told my comment had been removed! If they can't accept critism.. or maybe my comment hit hard to the truth. here it is:

"

I'm shocked you reported my comment to be removed Edwin rather than accept critisim. here it is again

1.Cytonn’s in-house lawyer, Patricia Wanjama – as well as being
enjoined in the Britam suit – is being investigated by the LSK
disciplinary committee. Her own father sits on the board of the LSK
disciplinary committee, and Cytonn also now sponsors the LSK - as stated on the LSK website.

I have to give it to you Mr. Dande, pure genius sponsoring the
same committee investigating your lawyer… conmen at its finest!

2.Many companies and individuals are creating real estate deals much
larger than Cytonn – which begs the question – why is the media focusing on Cytonn. Are they “sponsoring” the media also?

But
we all know the answer to that - the public are just understanding now
that companies like yours will always seem gold until they aren't.
Facades and veils will always come off as hard as you try publicizing
only what you want.

3. Thirdly, Mr. Dande, your team in reports
and elsewhere make absolutely nonsensical comments such as (and I
paraphraseso bear with me) ''Ruaka is a hot location for development.''

Considering
Cytonn have invested there it is very obvious your company thinks it’s a
good idea, why should there be a news article on the same? Waste of
time and goes to show who is being paid.

4. More comments from
your company directors such as “When you talk about glut or a bubble
it’s usually a problem when the sector is financed with bank credit but
in our case Kenya’s real estate segment is getting a significant amount
of private equity financing which supports it”

For an investor to
assume that a bubble cannot occur because financing is being raised
through private equity is quite misleading and quite frankly shows lack
of knowledge and ignorance of Kenya's economy.

I could go on, but I think you see my point. We are allowed to have
opinions. There is no need for you to try get everyone to like what you
do as I’m sure you know, so don’t waste your time trying Mr. Dande. No
need
for you to insult anyone by asking 'you what have you achieved'? or
'when was the last time someone asked about your grooming?'' as
your
response to a comment below mine. It is good people are questioning -
this shows Kenyans are smart and educated and not willing to fall for
the perils in our history. Do not undermine us by asking us stupid
questions as a defence tactic. Good day Mr. Dande."

Interesting.
paulkimani
#97 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:17:50 PM

alma1 wrote:
Usually I listen to Ric Dees

find his post here http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...amp;m=707695#post707695

But at the same time when someone tells you they are sijui MBA's and CFA's and that's proof of anything, please direct them to me

I'm from UON, have an MBA, and also CFA. If you want more please email me, I'll send you the godammed papers.

But I was not good in that shit. I just passed the f***ing exam. That's why I keep away from the blue section but apana and no more.

So papers or lack of them means diddly to me

What I do for a living has got no degree just being f***ed up for so long by life you get to know how to milk a cow.

So if that's their argument, run....Look at Imperial and Chase with all their MBA's from London.

The questions have been asked on this thread. Your question paulkimani was valid.

Other than hype.. Because selling 100% of property you have not even built is called hype...What has Saitan done for you lately.

Enough of these money companies that come in with no REAL PROOF OF ANYTHING. Other than paying nation editors and reporters to come for a drink at serena...By the way, using your money to be given 15% returns while the whole banking industry is collapsing.

Building a house is one thing...Maintaining a return of 15% for 10 years is a thing that only drug dealers know about. And of course Kenyans....

Agreed with everything you have said - especially about paper qualifications - and thank you. It is a shame they have the journalists in their hand. If just one journalist investigated there would be a better more factual story to be told about this company. I hope someone picks up on it.
murchr
#98 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:43:07 PM

Keep it Wazua for any investment news, hiyo magazeti ingine ni ya kufunga nyama.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
alma1
#99 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 8:25:06 PM

murchr wrote:
Keep it Wazua for any investment news, hiyo magazeti ingine ni ya kufunga nyama.

kabiisaaaaaa!

There are people who thing the green section is king. Kumbe....we come to the blue section. Then we learn the language these people speak...And we learn

By the way murchr, the lions and the snakes iko neene?

murchr
#100 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 8:40:01 PM

alma1 wrote:
murchr wrote:

kabiisaaaaaa!

There are people who thing the green section is king. Kumbe....we come to the blue section. Then we learn the language these people speak...And we learn

By the way murchr, the lions and the snakes iko neene?

They are wondering what you guys are upto...kwani mumemaliza space yenyu yote? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly KWS should relocate the lions to the other end of the park these animals are looking for prey
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore