Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

69 Pages«<4546474849>»
Cytonn Investments
obiero
#921 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 7:15:14 AM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
sparkly wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
I'd like to comment as an actual CHYS investor, a minority in the wazua community. In spite of the derision I'm likely to receive from many, I'd like to say:

1. I have confidence in Dande & Co. The steps they have taken to preserve liquidity (like extend maturity), other funds around the world have done.
2. I knew going in that the main investments were real estate, which is not an asset that can be easily liquidated.

Most people commenting on this thread somehow believe that cytonn investors didn't do their due diligence when investing (looking at you @paulkimani, who has a clear axe to grind). 18% is obviously an above average return - only the stupid invest without reading agreements, even those with 24m

@deadpoet you are surely in the minority as a rational investor. Most investors in this country are driven by greed or hopium.
q

Cytonn was peddling hopium and greed.

It's shocking that they came this far.. Remember their start?

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
kaka2za
#922 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 5:01:46 PM

Keen to see how this will end. There might be 'I told you so' or someone will eat a humble pie.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
obiero
#923 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 6:38:53 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Keen to see how this will end. There might be 'I told you so' or someone will eat a humble pie.

It has ended my brother. In premium tears for the invest ors. You haven't read up on their defaults?

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Horton
#924 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 9:14:35 PM

obiero wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

It has ended my brother. In premium tears for the invest ors. You haven't read up on their defaults?

Nothing of the sort:

1. All they did was take a moratorium during the covid period for their loans. Nothing unusual in corporate Kenya during the Covid period! Ama this is unusual?

2. CMA lost the case so to me it seems the letter was out of spite

3. Cytonn have a great asset base.

I’m confident Cytonn is here to stay. Get used to it 😀.

*mic drop*
paulkimani
#925 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 3:32:52 PM

https://kenyanwallstreet...https://t.co/dSox2wn9tj

“ In matters before the court, the plaintiff says Cytonn changed the contract from a public to a private offer, to escape scrutiny from the Capital Markets Authority (CMA).”

“ The plaintiff says the product he was given was a private offer while he knew it to be a public offer.”
mwekez@ji
#926 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 7:09:17 PM

Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Nothing of the sort:

1. All they did was take a moratorium during the covid period for their loans. Nothing unusual in corporate Kenya during the Covid period! Ama this is unusual?

*mic drop*

Tell us more about No. 3

What are the Assets and Liabilities?

Where are their financial statements?
murchr
#927 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 8:07:07 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Nothing of the sort:

*mic drop*

Tell us more about No. 3

What are the Assets and Liabilities?

Where are their financial statements?

Mzee wa kazi, Wazua has missed you.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
paulkimani
#928 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 10:58:24 PM

https://twitter.com/asap...310644484233932807?s=21

“ Why is @CytonnInvest assuming 2021 doesn't have it's challenges? Or that people don't want to access their investments for other obligations and options at their personal disposal?

Why decide what other people should do with their own investments?”
VituVingiSana
#929 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 6:13:37 AM

Cytonn accused of flouting CMA regulations in cash call
https://www.businessdail...ns-in-cash-call-2374156

Questions:

What is the yield on the CHYS and CPNs?

Do those who invested in the CHYS continue getting paid the interest, in cash, during the extension period?

If no, do those who invested in the CHYF or CPNs continue accruing the interest during the extension period?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
paulkimani
#930 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 9:36:56 AM

Cytonn put over 1.5 billion shillings of investor money into two of their own real estate projects which were terrible to begin with, but regardless of my bias, with covid - the fact is they have taken a bigger hit. They didn’t pool the money into a wider asset base so they could protect investors. Not knowing how long COVID will last, and that already the economy is struggling and there is less money being spent in the country- this will only get worse and so no one can afford real estate which is what Cytonn was hoping for when they put all the money into only two projects and both real estate. And that’s the nice view. The likely view is they stole the money, plain and simple. Investing in two of their own projects is NOT investing no matter how they tried to spin that. With that in mind, your question should have an answer.

VituVingiSana wrote:

Questions:

Do those who invested in the CHYS continue getting paid the interest, in cash, during the extension period?

If no, do those who invested in the CHYF or CPNs continue accruing the interest during the extension period?

Angelica _ann
#931 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 10:16:18 AM

paulkimani wrote:
Cytonn put over 1.5 billion shillings of investor money into two of their own real estate projects which were terrible to begin with, but regardless of my bias, with covid - the fact is they have taken a bigger hit. They didn’t pool the money into a wider asset base so they could protect investors. Not knowing how long COVID will last, and that already the economy is struggling and there is less money being spent in the country- this will only get worse and so no one can afford real estate which is what Cytonn was hoping for when they put all the money into only two projects and both real estate. And that’s the nice view. The likely view is they stole the money, plain and simple. Investing in two of their own projects is NOT investing no matter how they tried to spin that. With that in mind, your question should have an answer.

VituVingiSana wrote:

Questions:

No one can afford real estate is a fallacy, kijana people are building and buying properties every other day (remember construction expanded in the last quarter). Plus have you seen a hardware guy crying ati uchumi ni mbaya, they are busy (watu wako na mbesha hapa Kenya).

Talk specifically of Cytonn properties and the challenges they are likely to experience.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Jon Jones
#932 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 12:23:57 PM

I have never understood why people invest with Cytonn. Effectively introducing a middle-man at a steep fee to what they can do on their own. A while back Cytonn bought banking stocks and I was sitting on my couch wondering why people wouldn't buy the stocks directly. I think Cytonn and other companies take advantage of the general laziness of white collar workers.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
sparkly
#933 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 1:16:22 PM

paulkimani wrote:
Cytonn put over 1.5 billion shillings of investor money into two of their own real estate projects which were terrible to begin with, Why is this terrible? Are you aware there are other funds who do likewise? Centum for instance gives up to 22% return on money invested directly into its real estate fund but you have to invest KShs 50m or more but regardless of my bias, with covid - the fact is they have taken a bigger hit We can't rely on speculation or your belief show us the evidence. They didn’t pool the money into a wider asset base so they could protect investors did the investors want protection or returns? refer to @deadpoet's post where he says he is an investor and was aware of the risks and returns he was getting himself into . Not knowing how long COVID will last, Pandemics of this sort and their effects typically last 12- 36 months and that already the economy is struggling and there is less money being spent in the country- this will only get worse and so no one can afford real estate Ask @Angelica which is what Cytonn was hoping for when they put all the money into only two projects and both real estate. And that’s the nice view. The likely view is they stole the money, plain and simple. Investing in two of their own projects is NOT investing no matter how they tried to spin that What is investment, according to you?. With that in mind, your question should have an answer.

Life is short. Live passionately.
Queen
#934 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 1:33:53 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

VituVingiSana wrote:

Questions:

No one can afford real estate is a fallacy, kijana people are building and buying properties every other day (remember construction expanded in the last quarter). Plus have you seen a hardware guy crying ati uchumi ni mbaya, they are busy (watu wako na mbesha hapa Kenya).

Talk specifically of Cytonn properties and the challenges they are likely to experience.

From the soccer threads, I gather that you are an Arsenal fan. So whenever the Commentator declares that Lacazette is in ACRES OF SPACE (like it happened several times last night), you should never take that literally. Some phrases exist only for the sake of emphasis.
paulkimani
#935 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 4:34:13 PM

https://www.google.co.uk...ercent-in-one-year/amp/

“Cytonn Money Market Fund Sales Grow By 757 Percent In One Year” Liar d'oh!

Interpret that as you wish.
Angelica _ann
#936 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 4:57:21 PM

paulkimani wrote:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.kahawatungu.com/cytonn-money-market-fund-sales-grow-by-757-percent-in-one-year/amp/

The article has no absolute figures, so it is possible smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
alma1
#937 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 5:04:24 PM

Murchr...I'm here

I said

Saitan

An investment manager who gambles on one type of property for long term gains in just a gambler.

Hii kitu kwisha.

I'm still asking..What project has Saitan ever finished?

They are like Trump saying he's a billionaire. Using media to not say why the Alma is not occupied.

18% during covid my fooot!!!!
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

VituVingiSana
#938 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2020 11:26:42 PM

Lots of commentary but none have answered the questions below.

@Sparkly @DeadPoet do you have the info as insiders/investees?

VituVingiSana wrote:

Questions:

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
itz
#939 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 2:52:57 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Lots of commentary but none have answered the questions below.

@Sparkly @DeadPoet do you have the info as insiders/investees?

VituVingiSana wrote:

Questions:

16 to 20% depending on duration.
Do those who invested in the CHYS continue getting paid the interest, in cash, during the extension period? no cash is paid, interested is earned and just shows on paper/statement.

yes but the fear is that it might all be on "paper"
itz
#940 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 2:56:41 AM

paulkimani wrote:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.kahawatungu.com/cytonn-money-market-fund-sales-grow-by-757-percent-in-one-year/amp/

@paulkimani do you have contacts of any of the 13 investors who reported to CMA.How can cytonn claim out of 4k investors only 13 are not happy..how ridiculous.