wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

69 Pages«<4445464748>»
Cytonn Investments
moneydust
#901 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 10:45:52 AM

Paul Kimani keep up the good work. I have also gained from an individual's relentless pursuit on an issue here on Wazua. I only wish I had listened to them earlier I would have saved myself some losses, nevertheless, I managed to get out with something, unlike others who continue to hold on to worthless stock to date.
Ericsson
#902 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 10:47:08 AM

gk wrote:
maka wrote:
heri wrote:
https://kenyanwallstreet.com/cma-raises-red-flag-over-ksh-122-8-million-unpaid-claims-at-cytonn/

letter dated 21st September 2020 by CMA to Cytonn is seeking for the fund manager to resolve these investor complaints it has received against the investment firm.

A copy of the affidavit filed in court by the Authority, seen by Kenyan Wallstreet, shows that the regulator has so far received complaints from investors who are owed upwards of KSh 122.8 Million in unpaid claims. CMA says the investors are unable to cash in their investments-that have matured

Well..

🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Sooner or later they were going to reach their Waterloo..

It was mentioned here and wazuans warned about putting their money in cytonn
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
paulkimani
#903 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 12:18:47 PM

moneydust wrote:
Paul Kimani keep up the good work. I have also gained from an individual's relentless pursuit on an issue here on Wazua. I only wish I had listened to them earlier I would have saved myself some losses, nevertheless, I managed to get out with something, unlike others who continue to hold on to worthless stock to date.

Thank you. This is just the beginning of a domino effect. A small claim when Cytonn have embezzled billions robbing innocent public of their savings.

We must not let the FOUR that began it get away with it, no matter what they are doing now.

1. EDWIN DANDE
2. PATRICIA WANJAMA
3. SHIV ARORA
4. ELIZABETH NKUKU
paulkimani
#904 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 12:42:17 PM

https://twitter.com/jero...309406800589008898?s=21

The tweet says “ I recall Cytonn's Kilimani project & the contempt with which Dande treated & threatened concerned residents @adrianblomfield @ConstantCap @irunguhoughton Wah!

Now they've put that multi billion plot up for sale. . .

The harder they fall.”

They are scrambling for funds, not liquid and very much in debt. Investor funds doesn’t cover their failed projects.
maka
#905 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 1:24:30 PM

It's getting ugly ... Very fast.
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#906 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 7:42:21 PM

maka wrote:
It's getting ugly ... Very fast.

Anyone offering higher annual interest rates than GoK 364 day Tbill must always be treated with deserved suspicions

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#907 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 9:07:23 PM

Its very sad to see people celebrating the downfall of Cytonn, Dande and Co. I say unto you that those are people who don't know how capitalism works. An investment Advisor/ Manager like Cytonn is an agent. The Agency makes money whether the Principal (Investor) makes money or loses money, as long as there is money in the portfolio. Dande is like a Bank CEO. He receives a salary whether the bank is profitable or not. If the bank fails, he will simply move to the next employer and leave the savers to lick their wounds.

Those celebrating the downfall of Cytonn are essentially celebrating the losses of investors. On the other hand, investors rushing to get out will cause a run on the fund leading to a sure collapse. Investors are best advised to be patient and ride out the hard times occasioned by Covid19.

Anyway Here is the clarification by Cytonn.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mv_ufanisi
#908 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 9:23:32 PM

There is a situation which an investor doesn't want to get into.
1. Being in a burning theatre with only a single door.
2. Seeing a fraud and not calling a fraud.
Cytonn was seemingly defying the laws of gravity but they were flying too close to the sun. Unfortunately, reality catches up even with slick marketing. We never learn that we never learn.

quicksand
#909 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 10:52:18 PM

sparkly wrote:

Its very sad to see people celebrating the downfall of Cytonn, Dande and Co. I say unto you that those are people who don't know how capitalism works. An investment Advisor/ Manager like Cytonn is an agent. The Agency makes money whether the Principal (Investor) makes money or loses money, as long as there is money in the portfolio. Dande is like a Bank CEO. He receives a salary whether the bank is profitable or not. If the bank fails, he will simply move to the next employer and leave the savers to lick their wounds.

Those celebrating the downfall of Cytonn are essentially celebrating the losses of investors. On the other hand, investors rushing to get out will cause a run on the fund leading to a sure collapse. Investors are best advised to be patient and ride out the hard times occasioned by Covid19.

There are some naive people genuinely caught up in this unfortunate mess. However, many think they are the smart, intrepid investor who will snatch the meal right off the lion's maw. Many knew exactly what kind of animal Cytonn is and put in vast amounts anyway, gambling that by the time the whole thing collapses, they will be long gone, fat profits in tow -and it will be other suckers who will have their balls caught in the revolving door.
Tricksters rely on this kind of hubris time and again and it rarely fails.
paulkimani
#910 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 12:12:03 AM

sparkly wrote:

It’s Dande and co’s arrogance and entitlement ever since incorporation, with their constant need for media attention, court cases, and empty noise for years and daylight stealing that people are happy to see finally called out. Not the unfortunate investors caught in the middle. It would be and is incorrect to suggest otherwise.

End of the day - haters still going to hate on the whistleblowers rather than the embezzler. Sad.
murchr
#911 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 5:58:04 AM

@alma uko wapi? smile
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
sparkly
#912 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 10:41:01 AM

quicksand wrote:
sparkly wrote:

There are some
naive
people genuinely caught up in this unfortunate mess. However, many think they are the smart, intrepid investor who will snatch the meal right off the lion's maw. Many knew exactly what kind of animal Cytonn is and put in vast amounts anyway, gambling that by the time the whole thing collapses, they will be long gone, fat profits in tow -and it will be other suckers who will have their balls caught in the revolving door.
Tricksters rely on this kind of hubris time and again and it rarely fails.

Greedy is the word. Those who plant seeds with their pastors are naive but those who expect x2 of the market rate are greedy.
paulkimani
#913 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 11:40:48 AM

Superior homes is next to go down after Cytonn.

https://www.superiorhome...s-ahead-of-nse-listing/

https://www.superiorhome...perior-homes-for-sh1bn/

Cytonn have a stake in superior homes to put their own Cytonn thief as CEO.
sparkly
#914 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 12:14:06 PM

paulkimani wrote:
sparkly wrote:

It’s Dande and co’s arrogance and entitlement ever since incorporation, with their constant need for media attention, court cases, and empty noise for years and daylight stealing that people are happy to see finally called out.

Which people are those? Be specific

Not the unfortunate investors caught in the middle.

Who are the other victims of the loss, other than investors? Investors caught in the middle of what and what?

It would be and is incorrect to suggest otherwise.

End of the day - haters still going to hate on the whistleblowers rather than the embezzler. Sad.

What do haters stand to gain by hating on whistleblowers?

rwitre
#915 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 12:16:31 PM

Took a moment to read up on these developments. Laughing out loudly
A comment on the interwebs has stood out

"This Cytonn vs Regulator debacle resembles the Hustler vs Dynasty in Kenya politics"

New entrants vs Old Guard.

My understanding-

Case in court: CHYF
Trapped money: CHYS
Running normally: CMMF

Every investment carries its risk, and investors should carry out their due diligence on what they are signing up for.
paulkimani
#916 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 12:54:30 PM

If people had taken as much time to analyse Cytonn as they spend analysing my words, CMA would have acted much earlier

sparkly wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
sparkly wrote:

It’s Dande and co’s arrogance and entitlement ever since incorporation, with their constant need for media attention, court cases, and empty noise for years and daylight stealing that people are happy to see finally called out.

Who are the other victims of the loss, other than investors? Investors caught in the middle of what and what?

sparkly
#917 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 1:40:48 PM

paulkimani wrote:
If people had taken as much time to analyse Cytonn as they spend analysing my words, CMA would have acted much earlier

sparkly wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
sparkly wrote:

I will appreciate if you answer my queries Sir. This will help uncover the real issues at Cytonn and possible solutions.
deadpoet
#918 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 8:31:16 PM

I'd like to comment as an actual CHYS investor, a minority in the wazua community. In spite of the derision I'm likely to receive from many, I'd like to say:

1. I have confidence in Dande & Co. The steps they have taken to preserve liquidity (like extend maturity), other funds around the world have done.
2. I knew going in that the main investments were real estate, which is not an asset that can be easily liquidated.

Most people commenting on this thread somehow believe that cytonn investors didn't do their due diligence when investing (looking at you @paulkimani, who has a clear axe to grind). 18% is obviously an above average return - only the stupid invest without reading agreements, even those with 24m
sparkly
#919 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 9:57:32 PM

deadpoet wrote:
I'd like to comment as an actual CHYS investor, a minority in the wazua community. In spite of the derision I'm likely to receive from many, I'd like to say:

1. I have confidence in Dande & Co. The steps they have taken to preserve liquidity (like extend maturity), other funds around the world have done.
2. I knew going in that the main investments were real estate, which is not an asset that can be easily liquidated.

Most people commenting on this thread somehow believe that cytonn investors didn't do their due diligence when investing (looking at you @paulkimani, who has a clear axe to grind). 18% is obviously an above average return - only the stupid invest without reading agreements, even those with 24m

@deadpoet you are surely in the minority as a rational investor. Most investors in this country are driven by greed or hopium.
mv_ufanisi
#920 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2020 7:04:25 AM

sparkly wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

@deadpoet you are surely in the minority as a rational investor. Most investors in this country are driven by greed or hopium.
q

Cytonn was peddling hopium and greed.