wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

69 Pages«<23456>»
Cytonn Investments
Chaka
#61 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 8:58:42 PM

Horton wrote:
If for quite a bit?attends their events, they deal with the top ten banks in Kenya and put in money based on individual bank requirements. They have large sums and hence command greater interest vs an individual

So these guys have larger sums than say OMAM(Old Mutual) which has been around for ages?
mugo2of3
#62 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 9:35:21 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Minimum Amount Ksh. 5 Million +
Term 3 months to 6 months
Return 14% pa (quarterly interest)
Ins. Company Pan African

@Kularaha, I don't know which product this is but I am currently dealing with Pan Africa and they are consistently giving returns of above 17% Gross (before 15% WHT) with a minimum of 1 million for one month.

There's something that I cannot quite understand from an Economic and Actuarial angle, but for some reason firms are currently able to give good returns on short term outlays.

As for Cytonn, I will play it safe and keep away though 18% seems relatively plausible.
Chaka
#63 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 10:07:19 PM

mugo2of3 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Ins. Company Pan African

@Kularaha, I don't know which product this is but I am currently dealing with Pan Africa and they are consistently giving returns of above 17% Gross (before 15% WHT) with a minimum of 1 million for one month.

There's something that I cannot quite understand from an Economic and Actuarial angle, but for some reason firms are currently able to give good returns on short term outlays.

As for Cytonn, I will play it safe and keep away though 18% seems relatively plausible.

@mugo2of3,
Whom do I need to talk to about that 1M for a month @ 17% gross?I was at Pan African building last week i,e along Kenyatta Av(3rd floor asset management) and someone there told me,their fixed dep. product's minimum investment is Ksh 5M and the rate was 14,5% and minimum tenure of 3 months!What is the name of that product that you have invested in?Insurance companies will have a money market fund(the rates here vary daily),a cash management(fixed dep.)here rates vary weekly.They will also have a balanced fund as well as an equity fund.
Horton
#64 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 10:14:22 PM

@Chaka thats asking me to state the obvious?! Where was it that I said they have more cash than OMAM and other such ??

Ofcourse their pockets are not deeper than OMAM (sigh....thats 60seconds i will never get back)

Also is OMAM ur benchmark for best performers? Really??

I highly recommend you watch Bernie Madoff's (former Nasdaq chairman btw) series on ABC (or youtube it) quite interesting how intelligent people were lured in for what they considered unremarkable (average) returns that were "steady and safe" and how he perfected the art of the deal.

Horton
#65 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 10:22:06 PM

whiteowl wrote:
Horton wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Watch this thread. There will be many guys who lose their money to this scheme.

remember I said it here.

I'm watching from the sidelines too.If anyone wants above market rates they should go into business or tenderpreneurship.

Madoff may be in jail but his schemes are here to stay. For those who value their sleep please stay away.

How is this madoff?? Are there any concrete facts u claim or u just hating?

This is a good product/company. They work hard and deliver. They havent failed on any of the deliverables thus far. I, unlike you, are talking from first hand experience not from rumours. Then again sophistacated investments aren't for everyone as the regulators say. So yeah, stay away smile

Madoff also had thousands of customers with "first hand experience" of his profitable venture. You can make a lot of money here coz the greater the risk the greater the return.

Whiteowl, then u really dont know much about Madoff. He was giving consistent, very bland steady returns.
Chaka
#66 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 11:00:06 PM

Horton wrote:
@Chaka thats asking me to state the obvious?! Where was it that I said they have more cash than OMAM and other such ??

Ofcourse their pockets are not deeper than OMAM (sigh....thats 60seconds i will never get back)

I highly recommend you watch Bernie Madoff's (former Nasdaq chairman btw) series on ABC (or youtube it) quite interesting how intelligent people were lured in for what they considered unremarkable (average) returns that were "steady and safe" and how he perfected the art of the deal.

The question that begs for an answer is this,If OMAM has deep pockets,why are their returns quite poor{unless they get good returns but shaft their clients)?Its like they do not know how to use that cash to negotiate with the top 10 banks like our friends at Cytonn?Looks like OMAM deals with the bottom ten banks in Kenya?
Horton
#67 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 6:30:13 AM

Chaka wrote:
Horton wrote:

The question that begs for an answer is this,If OMAM has deep pockets,why are their returns quite poor{unless they get good returns but shaft their clients)?Its like they do not know how to use that cash to negotiate with the top 10 banks like our friends at Cytonn?Looks like OMAM deals with the bottom ten banks in Kenya?

Again, Chaka, no one insinuated OMAM, deal with the bottom 10 banks! Or whether the do deal with banks at all. Thats not what I said. Please dont misquote me! Having attended a meeting with OMAM, They usually dont explain where they put their money. However, Cytonn here is the underdog. It tries to build its reputation. Whereas ur good buddies OMAM have already built their reputation. Its quite simple really. So they dont have to give market beating results and most people would simply invest with them due to their reputation.
Horton
#68 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 6:34:37 AM

sl8r wrote:
Horton wrote:
I have some cash with Cytonn. Did 1m in Oct 2015 for 3 months at 21% it matured in Jan 2016. I rolled it over for 3 more months @18%. Good thing is they pay monthly. No dramas

For the guy who was asking about USD vs KES, if you were to convert from USD to KES and then back to USD, there could be exchange gains/losses here u need to consider. What if the USD:KES goes from 102,4 to maybe 110?

Also, consider buying the Cytonn shares. They had a private placement last year in March for 10/= per share. They are now :
a) at 40/= and
b) hard to come by
c) there is a plan for listing

The Alma, in Ruaka, we got an early bird offer @4.675m in Sept 2015. Thats for the 1 bed. Up by 900k so far figuratively speaking.

@ Horton How does one apply for the next (if any) private placement? whats the minimum capital outlay for these cytonn shares?? Im quite interested!!!

Hi sorry just saw this. They had a private placement last year in September I think. Shares were sold at 40/= I understand now its at 60/= no one is selling. Try calling them, maybe they have a few for sale? Its a good return in 1 year. From 10bob in April last year to 60bob now.
KulaRaha
#69 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 11:38:08 AM

Horton wrote:
If anyone attends their events, they deal with the top ten banks in Kenya and put in money based on individual bank requirements. They have large sums and hence command greater interest vs an individual

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL yeah right. If you believe that, then pigs can fly!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
mugo2of3
#70 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 11:58:01 AM

Horton wrote:
sl8r wrote:

@ Horton How does one apply for the next (if any) private placement? whats the minimum capital outlay for these cytonn shares?? Im quite interested!!!

Hi sorry just saw this. They had a private placement last year in September I think. Shares were sold at 40/= I understand now its at 60/= no one is selling. Try calling them, maybe they have a few for sale? Its a good return in 1 year. From 10bob in April last year to 60bob now.

Now aside from the 21% returns, a six-fold capital appreciation!!
This story just keeps getting better.

Chaka wrote:
mugo2of3 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Ins. Company Pan African

@mugo2of3,
Whom do I need to talk to about that 1M for a month @ 17% gross?I was at Pan African building last week i,e along Kenyatta Av(3rd floor asset management) and someone there told me,their fixed dep. product's minimum investment is Ksh 5M and the rate was 14,5% and minimum tenure of 3 months!What is the name of that product that you have invested in?Insurance companies will have a money market fund(the rates here vary daily),a cash management(fixed dep.)here rates vary weekly.They will also have a balanced fund as well as an equity fund.

Speak to the same people about the Pesa+, mostly the lady at the reception; Some of their financial advisers seem clueless to me.

Then keep looking at the dailies for the rates, in BD it's normally around page 21-23...

Chaka
#71 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:16:02 PM

@mugo2of3,
As far as I know and I stand to be collected Pesa+ is a money market fund and not a fixed deposit.You can invest as little as Ksh 2,500 and top up with a similar amount(min).A minimum holding period of 14 days will apply(as per CMA regulations)after which one may request for all the funds invested plus interest accrued if you so wish.
Msa Liti
#72 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:53:07 PM

Chaka wrote:
@mugo2of3,
As far as I know and I stand to be collected Pesa+ is a money market fund and not a fixed deposit.You can invest as little as Ksh 2,500 and top up with a similar amount(min).A minimum holding period of 14 days will apply(as per CMA regulations)after which one may request for all the funds invested plus interest accrued if you so wish.

You won't be collected.

You are right.
I am on this thing. The rate is around 17% pa before tax.

Minimum investment is 2500. You can top up when you want.

As someone up there, the rates are published in the papers.
Ethiteri
#73 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 6:57:49 AM

Horton wrote:
If anyone attends their events, they deal with the top ten banks in Kenya and put in money based on individual bank requirements. They have large sums and hence command greater interest vs an individual

So banks are giving them a better rate such that they can afford 18%?If yes, those banks are in serious liquidity issues and that money is not safe.

kasibitta
#74 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 8:35:56 AM

Msa Liti wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@mugo2of3,

You won't be collected.

You are right.
I am on this thing. The rate is around 17% pa before tax.

Minimum investment is 2500. You can top up when you want.

As someone up there, the rates are published in the papers.

@Msa liti.......Do you mind indicating the other expenses;Rate of management fee?, and probably give the net return rate.

Regards

Jaina
#75 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:28:29 AM

Assume you invest 100,000 for 1 month.

Interest - 17%x100,000/12 = 1,416.78
15% Tax rate (212.52)
===============================
NETT = 1,204.26

Effectively if you put in 1M for 1YR
NETT will be 144,511.56
Jaina
#76 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:30:33 AM

Assume you invest 100,000 for 1 month.

Interest - 17%x100,000/12 = 1,416.78
15% Tax rate (212.52)
NETT = 1,204.26

Effectively if you put in 1M for 1YR
NETT will be 144,511.56
Othelo
#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 10:07:26 AM

Good work by the team at Cytonn, plus agressive marketing to mobilise deposits smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Kusadikika
#78 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:47:07 PM

Cytonn Investment unveils multi-county franchise model

Call me paranoid but I am getting a little suspicious of this company. The deposit taking moves with attractive short term returns and now this project where the intention is clearly to receive huge amounts of money upfront. Does anybody know which projects they have completed?

Could this be another Sasanet?
Plimsoul
#79 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 3:31:09 PM

Does Cytonn have a CMA license? It's not on the list on the CMA website.
alma1
#80 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:04:51 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
Cytonn Investment unveils multi-county franchise model

Call me paranoid but I am getting a little suspicious of this company. The deposit taking moves with attractive short term returns and now this project where the intention is clearly to receive huge amounts of money upfront. Does anybody know which projects they have completed?

Could this be another Sasanet?

To be honest with you. I met some of the Sytan fellows and ladies

Actually loved their concept.

But when I saw getting a franchise is only $10k I became worried.

What real estate plan is done with $10k

I now believe what they did was create a brand. Then sell shit.

Just like Uchumi...Someone in Saitani tell me its not true.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?