wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

69 Pages«<3637383940>»
Cytonn Investments
Queen
#741 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 10:06:19 PM

Most people argued that investing with Cytonn was always going to end in premium tears. However, the tears were never expected to come this fast.
Angelica _ann
#742 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 10:55:08 PM

Queen wrote:
Most people argued that investing with Cytonn was always going to end in premium tears. However, the tears were never expected to come this fast.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Yawa tho, though it was obvious. I wonder how guys expected corporate thugs not to steal from retail investors. For you to steal from old money hadharani, you must have very hard eyes!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Queen
#743 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 12:23:55 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Yawa tho, though it was obvious. I wonder how guys expected corporate thugs not to steal from retail investors. For you to steal from old money hadharani, you must have very hard eyes!!!

They must be planning on how to blame Covid-19 for their woes. A perfect excuse?
muganda
#744 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:43:15 AM

Published 10-Apr extending maturities by 90 days due to Covid, affecting only CHYS & CPN unregulated funds; not the CMA regulated Money Market & High Yield fund. Citing 8 international real estate funds that have taken similar measures due to Covid.

So the issue becomes were investors able to distinguish, especially between unregulated CHYS (18%) and regulated CHYF (14%)? The unregulated funds enticed investors with the highest yields.
Queen wrote:

They must be planning on how to blame Covid-19 for their woes. A perfect excuse?

Consequently, investors of the fund through their Board of Investors, in consultation with the Principal Partner, passed a resolution extending all maturities by 90-days; 90 days is a period within which we expect the sites to reopen

Real Estate Projects: Given the ongoing COVID-19 environment, we have either closed or drastically reduced labour in all our sites for the next 90-days.
https://cytonn.com/media...e-as-cytonn-investments

Swenani
#745 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:34:49 AM

While I pulled out of Cytonn when they started selling branded umbrella, cups and t-shirts. I think what they are going through is normal in these circumstances.
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Angelica _ann
#746 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 10:15:39 AM

muganda wrote:
Published 10-Apr extending maturities by 90 days due to Covid, affecting only CHYS & CPN unregulated funds; not the CMA regulated Money Market & High Yield fund. Citing 8 international real estate funds that have taken similar measures due to Covid.

So the issue becomes were investors able to distinguish, especially between unregulated CHYS (18%) and regulated CHYF (14%)? The unregulated funds enticed investors with the highest yields.
Queen wrote:

Consequently, investors of the fund through their Board of Investors, in consultation with the Principal Partner, passed a resolution extending all maturities by 90-days; 90 days is a period within which we expect the sites to reopen

Real Estate Projects: Given the ongoing COVID-19 environment, we have either closed or drastically reduced labour in all our sites for the next 90-days.

The 90 days extension might have been as per contract and 'well meaning' but the interpretation by investors and its effect to the general public will be negative. They are likely to face massive withdrawals going forward and the result will be disastrous to many.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
quicksand
#747 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 1:19:53 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
muganda wrote:

Queen wrote:

The 90 days extension might have been as per contract and 'well meaning' but the interpretation by investors and its effect to the general public will be negative. They are likely to face massive withdrawals going forward and the result will be disastrous to many.

No new money will come in.
Current "investors" will want to pull their money out. The run is inevitable. This will be a bloodbath of epic proportions.
Poor, naive folks, got caught when the music stopped. 30+ pages in this thread of ceaseless warnings. Ulafi ni mbaya.
Wapi hii @Horton? I want to see what english he will conjure up to explain away this one ...
Queen
#748 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 2:23:52 PM

muganda wrote:

Queen wrote:

Let us wait and see what EXCUSE they will come up with upon the expiry of the 90 days. This thing is now a dodo. The four crooks should be executed by a firing squad at Uhuru Park.
paulkimani
#749 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:34:44 PM

hamburglar wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
Perhaps. But for the silent readers, the ones thinking about investing and browsing - I’m sharing for them. Stay safe

I think smart investors should listen to what paulkimani is saying about Cytonn. This ponzi is soon going to explode in people’s faces. The damage in terms of monetary losses to investors will be legendary. It’s going to be unprecedented in Kenya. I too have always wondered, apart from Amara Ridge in Karen consisting of 10 houses that have still not yet been sold 5 years in, how do these guys generate money that allows them to float up to 20% returns in interest to investors? Something is very very amiss here, I would be very scared if I have money invested in Cytonn. That’s just my opinion though, I might be wrong but my hunch tells me otherwise.

Thanks. I like your concise summary of the company.
Cytonn reported me on Twitter, so my account was suspended :) always wondered why so many complaints kept disappearing.

To whoever wishes - share this forum with investors (both current and potential) to read with the link below:

http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...ts&t=33458&p=37

Stay safe
paulkimani
#750 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 5:09:16 PM

https://twitter.com/vino...250762191604760578?s=21

They shut off their access portals for investors for a while.. must have had an influx of attempted withdrawals!

https://twitter.com/wazu...1250759232397496320?s=21
Horton
#751 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 8:35:41 PM

quicksand wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
muganda wrote:

Queen wrote:

Current "investors" will want to pull their money out. The run is inevitable. This will be a bloodbath of epic proportions.
Poor, naive folks, got caught when the music stopped. 30+ pages in this thread of ceaseless warnings. Ulafi ni mbaya.
Wapi hii @Horton? I want to see what english he will conjure up to explain away this one ...

Here is my Eggrish::: 😂😂 I want you to ask yourselves the following:

1. How much money have u lost on the NSE or in business due to covid? Cytonn will come and pay off the maturities. I am sure as the CHYS is secured by brick and mortar or so I am told. We haven’t lost our principal (read shirt) like 99% of the investors on the NSE

2. PAULKIMANI, this guy only posts on the Cytonn thread why? I have asked this before but he says he is Robin Hood. Where were u sir when Wazuans were losing their shirts with Imperial or the thousands of scams that have come and gone in the last few years to “protect us”? Why aren’t you advising us on other shares or investments? Why this particular one? What’s ur beef? I have never seen you post anywhere not even on Banda yet here you are. PS: Full disclosure, a lot of Wazuans know who I am and what I do for a living. They know that I have invested here and divested my initial investment, my profit still remains. I do have some cash in the money market fund and some in CHYS. What’s in it for me?
A. I have some shares so if people invest, or buy a house, I may get a profit for my few shares. But if you don’t, that’s ok too.
B. I believe in the company (and KCB and Almasi Beverage) just like Obiero and VVS in their horses. I love their transparency and honesty and there a few dislikes but not enough for me to warrant an exit. I do like OTC shares as they do tend to maximize returns for early investors. What’s your horse Paulkimani?😂

We don’t know who you are and what’s in it for you sir.

3. Don’t you guys think what Cytonn did is fair with extending deadlines to protect all investors? I had a maturity coming up end of March but I understand. My mortgage was also extended a moratorium by my bank due to tough economic times. I have asked some of my suppliers(for my side hustle) as well to extend my payment terms due to the Covid issues which have greatly dented my pockets at least. Anyone else in the same boat? If yes, then why isn’t Cytonn allowed to defer maturities? They are after all extending it and still paying interest.

These are unprecedented times, none of us, I believe have witnessed a pandemic that has shut down the entire globe. Cytonn do have high debt exposure just like the GOK but they are managing the situation well.

Otherwise stay safe.

Angelica _ann
#752 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 8:54:01 PM

Horton wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
muganda wrote:

Queen wrote:

1. How much money have u lost on the NSE or in business due to covid? Cytonn will come and pay off the maturities. I am sure as the CHYS is secured by brick and mortar or so I am told. We haven’t lost our principal (read shirt) like 99% of the investors on the NSE

2. PAULKIMANI, this guy only posts on the Cytonn thread why? I have asked this before but he says he is Robin Hood. Where were u sir when Wazuans were losing their shirts with Imperial or the thousands of scams that have come and gone in the last few years to “protect us”? Why aren’t you advising us on other shares or investments? Why this particular one? What’s ur beef? I have never seen you post anywhere not even on Banda yet here you are. PS: Full disclosure, a lot of Wazuans know who I am and what I do for a living. They know that I have invested here and divested my initial investment, my profit still remains. I do have some cash in the money market fund and some in CHYS. What’s in it for me?
A. I have some shares so if people invest, or buy a house, I may get a profit for my few shares. But if you don’t, that’s ok too.
B. I believe in the company (and KCB and Almasi Beverage) just like Obiero and VVS in their horses. I love their transparency and honesty and there a few dislikes but not enough for me to warrant an exit. I do like OTC shares as they do tend to maximize returns for early investors. What’s your horse Paulkimani?😂

3. Don’t you guys think what Cytonn did is fair with extending deadlines to protect all investors? I had a maturity coming up end of March but I understand. My mortgage was also extended a moratorium by my bank due to tough economic times. I have asked some of my suppliers(for my side hustle) as well to extend my payment terms due to the Covid issues which have greatly dented my pockets at least. Anyone else in the same boat? If yes, then why isn’t Cytonn allowed to defer maturities? They are after all extending it and still paying interest.

These are unprecedented times, none of us, I believe have witnessed a pandemic that has shut down the entire globe. Cytonn do have high debt exposure just like the GOK but they are managing the situation well.

Otherwise stay safe.

Good response, wish you well and stay safe!!!
Queen
#753 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:52:31 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Horton wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
muganda wrote:

Queen wrote:

Otherwise stay safe.

Good response, wish you well and stay safe!!!

Obiero has always had better responses for his beloved KQ. Otherwise stay safe.
paulkimani
#754 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 9:32:14 AM

Horton - hating on me because I’m a newbie on this thread is old. Everyone starts somewhere. This is my somewhere. I won’t bother responding to all that you wrote above as most is just a deflection of a real issue.

Cytonn is not releasing their investor funds for 3 more months or 90 days as voted upon by the board. These funds are needed by their investors to feed their families during Covid and the curfew and some have lost jobs because of the restricted travel bans. This is why they invested in Cytonn - thinking they could get their money back in a time of need - like now.

But instead of giving a crap (and excuse my language, but it is bullshit) - instead of caring about their investors, Cytonn have blocked them from their own money.

It’s pathetic, it’s a ponzi, it’s a pyramid scheme, it will fall.
Angelica _ann
#755 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 10:07:29 AM

paulkimani wrote:
Horton - hating on me because I’m a newbie on this thread is old. Everyone starts somewhere. This is my somewhere. I won’t bother responding to all that you wrote above as most is just a deflection of a real issue.

Cytonn is not releasing their investor funds for 3 more months or 90 days as voted upon by the board. These funds are needed by their investors to feed their families during Covid and the curfew and some have lost jobs because of the restricted travel bans. This is why they invested in Cytonn - thinking they could get their money back in a time of need - like now.

But instead of giving a crap (and excuse my language, but it is bullshit) - instead of caring about their investors, Cytonn have blocked them from their own money.

Generally strong language dilutes your good points in any write up, doesn't help - you are better off eliminating such especially in investment sections of this forum. There are areas huko 'club' where they are deemed ok.
paulkimani
#756 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 10:23:47 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Generally strong language dilutes your good points in any write up, doesn't help - you are better off eliminating such especially in investment sections of this forum. There are areas huko 'club' where they are deemed ok.

Then let me try again.

Horton saying my points are invalid because I am a newbie on this thread is moot considering everyone starts somewhere. Whether or not you agree with me, also moot. Like I’ve always said, I’m here for the investors, not the haters.

You don’t like my points, just move on but don’t hate on me because I’m new.

Cytonn - their contact might allow for a 3 month extension, but they didn’t even inform their investors until they took to Twitter.

Now imagine... I am an investor living outside Nairobi, but working (casual worker) inside Nairobi. My employers understood the situation and told me to go home to my family and they will give me work when this is over. I now go to my phone to access the 1000 kshs investment you had made 12 months ago - knowing I have a few hours before Nairobi is closed. And I get an error message saying I can’t take my investment out.

Cytonn has not informed me of the same. Had I known, I would have stayed in Nairobi for my causal work and Mpesa’d my family my earnings.

But that day — all Cytonn investors were left stranded. So much for Cytonn caring about their Cytonnaires. Zero communication or consideration to their clients. They only released a statement after Twitter users complained.

Insurance companies (I believe all now) have waived their right to not cover a pandemic. This means, now, insurance companies will cover medical costs of covid EVEN THOUGH their contract said they didn’t have to.

Cytonn, on the other hand, decided to enforce an extension and also not inform investors.

To me that is telling.

paulkimani
#757 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 10:46:02 AM

https://twitter.com/thai...251052394902892545?s=21

1. Cytonn love deleting their tweets / reporting accounts that call them out on their ponzi

2. To answer the tweet, it’s because they don’t have full builds other than Amara Ridge, still empty - pointed out by many of this forum, not just myself. For new investors, all they see is ruthless advertising by Cytonn. It’s easy to get confused.
moneydust
#758 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 2:36:45 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
muganda wrote:

Queen wrote:

Well said ..Cytonns funeral is around the corner..we are only waiting for the usual morticians and pallbearers to announce the day
mkenyan
#759 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 8:04:31 PM

Horton wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
muganda wrote:

Queen wrote:

Otherwise stay safe.

subtle change of tone in this comment. from 'cytonn is not going anywhere and am invested in it' to 'i have already made my money. i think all funds are guaranteed by brick and mortar. if anything bad happens it is because of covid-19'

btw, in my opinion, paulkimani seems to be your polar opposite - they see no good in cytonn while you see no bad in them.
Horton
#760 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 11:20:29 PM

mkenyan wrote:
Horton wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
muganda wrote:

Queen wrote:

Otherwise stay safe.

subtle change of tone in this comment. from 'cytonn is not going anywhere and am invested in it' to 'i have already made my money. i think all funds are guaranteed by brick and mortar. if anything bad happens it is because of covid-19'

btw, in my opinion, paulkimani seems to be your polar opposite - they see no good in cytonn while you see no bad in them.

Not necessarily a change of tone. I’m not sure about your personal finances but for ordinary slack like me and indeed the majority of the world, COVID has brought extreme uncertainty. Incase you are unaware, KCB is trading at a DY of 10%, Equity at 33/- not for anything else, it’s caused by COVID uncertainty. Times are currently tough ask any company in Kenya and indeed the world.

For PaulKimani— by his own admission, he stalks Cytonn on twitter and Wazua. Ask yourself, why this level of obsession?

PS it has nothing to do with your newbie status, we learn from everyone. What gets me is why do you post ONLY in CYTONN thread and no other thread?