wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

69 Pages<1234>»
Cytonn Investments
enyands
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 1:23:05 PM

Mainat wrote:
These guys developed the very popular Britam CMS product.
It's a profitable product for Britam, but you need very good treasury management.

Meaning?
enyands
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 1:36:00 PM

Runner wrote:
livie wrote:
Just had a chat with a representative, claiming 18% pa on investment, and 1week turnaround time for exit, anyone with hard experience please...?

See below e-mail received from their business development team. Note the minimum amount required is Kes 1 million.

Good morning and hope this finds you well.

Please note that our current Cytonn Cash Management Solution Interest Rates for this week are as shown below:
For KES
1&3 months:18% p.a
6 months: 18% p.a
12 months: 18% p.a
For USD
3 months: 4% p.a
6 months: 4% p.a
12 months: 4% p.a

In addition to offering a comprehensive lifestyle, The Alma has a compelling proposition from the off-plan purchase with a potential 28% per annum / annualized return.
Our off-plan purchase prices are as follows:

1 Bedroom: Kshs 5.5 mn
2 Bedroom: Kshs 7.5 mn
3 Bedroom: Kshs 9 mn

Thanks and have a good week ahead.

Business Development Team

Kuna kitu hapa inanichenga!!!
If I have $10,000 which is equivalent to Ksh 1,000,000 assuming the exchange rate is 100,then if I choose to invest in dollars then my returns will be (104/100)×$10,000 which will give me $10,400 .convert this to Ksh it will be 1,040,000

Now let's choose to exchange $10,000 to Ksh 1,000,000 before giving it to cytonn (still assuming the exchange rate is 100) then my returns will be
(118/100)×ksh 1,000,000 =1,118,000.

So from working with $10,000 I get $400 (ksh40,000)interest but investing with ksh 1,000,000 which is equivalent to ($10,000) I get more ksh 180,000,Then why not work with ksh since it has more returns? Also did cytonn guys know about this guff ?
Horton
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 2:38:06 PM

I have some cash with Cytonn. Did 1m in Oct 2015 for 3 months at 21% it matured in Jan 2016. I rolled it over for 3 more months @18%. Good thing is they pay monthly. No dramas

For the guy who was asking about USD vs KES, if you were to convert from USD to KES and then back to USD, there could be exchange gains/losses here u need to consider. What if the USD:KES goes from 102,4 to maybe 110?

Also, consider buying the Cytonn shares. They had a private placement last year in March for 10/= per share. They are now :
a) at 40/= and
b) hard to come by
c) there is a plan for listing

The Alma, in Ruaka, we got an early bird offer @4.675m in Sept 2015. Thats for the 1 bed. Up by 900k so far figuratively speaking.
enyands
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 2:51:30 PM

Horton wrote:
I have some cash with Cytonn. Did 1m in Oct 2015 for 3 months at 21% it matured in Jan 2016. I rolled it over for 3 more months @18%. Good thing is they pay monthly. No dramas

For the guy who was asking about USD vs KES, if you were to convert from USD to KES and then back to USD, there could be exchange gains/losses here u need to consider. What if the USD:KES goes from 102,4 to maybe 110?

Also, consider buying the Cytonn shares. They had a private placement last year in March for 10/= per share. They are now :
a) at 40/= and
b) hard to come by

The Alma, in Ruaka, we got an early bird offer @4.675m in Sept 2015. Thats for the 1 bed. Up by 900k so far figuratively speaking.

Thanks. This is something to think about. If the exchange rate goes up by 2 shillings then that's a plus for me to convert since I'll have more ksh cash.seems this ain't another pyramid scheme
mkenyan
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 3:05:09 PM

enyands wrote:
Horton wrote:

a) at 40/= and
b) hard to come by

Thanks. This is something to think about. If the exchange rate goes up by 2 shillings then that's a plus for me to convert since I'll have more ksh cash.seems this ain't another pyramid scheme

you realise that even the interest charged/given on usd loans/deposits by the kenyan banks are usually lower than those on kes?
muganda
#26 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 4:52:57 PM

maka wrote:
Chaka wrote:
maka wrote:

Talked to them on Monday it's 18%pa all through the different tenors

Could these other asset managers be taking cash to Cytonn and then paying us peanuts?

yes sir...I believe so.

Sasaaaa, not sure how seriously to take these sentiments. Large insurance companies opt to place their funds in a startup at 18% rather than 364-day government paper at 14.5%!!!

It's fair to give anyone or to do anything with one's money hoping a good assessment of risk has been done. But only with one's money.
heri
#27 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 7:31:29 PM

Horton wrote:

a) at 40/= and
b) hard to come by

are the rates before tax? Do they deduct any costs?
KulaRaha
#28 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 7:34:43 PM

Watch this thread. There will be many guys who lose their money to this scheme.

remember I said it here.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
enyands
#29 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 8:22:18 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

remember I said it here.

Eh? Eh?
Bachuma Gate
#30 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 8:32:59 PM

Have been getting average of 15% last 4 months from CIC. Am happy here because of the tall uncle called Coop bank ... Major shareholder. Cytonn maybe OK but they can also pull a first like they did at Britam. That bomas project is facing some resistance from majirani.Reason EIA was not transparent. But all in all if they operate above board they will go places.
DOH
winmak
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 8:39:19 PM

Spoke to one respected wazuan on this thing, he was very convincing but my sixth sense held me back. I am following this very keenly.
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Horton
#32 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 8:23:08 AM

heri wrote:
Horton wrote:

a) at 40/= and
b) hard to come by

are the rates before tax? Do they deduct any costs?

Heri, pre-tax rates, very similar to fixed deposit at banks. No other costs
Horton
#33 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 8:24:58 AM

KulaRaha wrote:

remember I said it here.

Gosh, didnt know u are such a sceptic. Nonetheless, this will go places as you hide your cash under the mattress as its corroded by our good friend Inflation.
enyands
#34 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 9:11:50 AM

Bachuma Gate wrote:
Have been getting average of 15% last 4 months from CIC. Am happy here because of the tall uncle called Coop bank ... Major shareholder. Cytonn maybe OK but they can also pull a first like they did at Britam. That bomas project is facing some resistance from majirani.Reason EIA was not transparent. But all in all if they operate above board they will go places.

Bachuma hii 15% ni per year or every four months and what's the minimum deposit needed? Hope not 1,000,000 like cytonn.

Though who would want to spread their risk.need four people 250k each then sign agreement na lawyers wa cytonn on the four people contributing and accounts to be credited at the end of one year or four months roll over. Just a thought.need ideas
KulaRaha
#35 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 10:48:36 AM

Horton wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

remember I said it here.

Gosh, didnt know u are such a sceptic. Nonetheless, this will go places as you hide your cash under the mattress as its corroded by our good friend Inflation.

There are too many suckers in Kenya. So many fly by night guys come and go, and no one learns that when a firm is offering returns well above market, something is wrong.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Ash Ock
#36 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 11:09:11 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
There are too many suckers in Kenya. So many fly by night guys come and go, and no one learns that when a firm is offering returns well above market, something is wrong.

Food for thought:

Quote:
Cytonn pays Sh220m debt owed to Finnish PE firm

Cytonn Investments has paid Sh220 million owed to Finnish PE firm Taaleritehdas Private Equity Funds (TTA), giving the fund what Cytton said is a return of 54 per cent on the short-term debt.

Cytonn chief investment officer Elizabeth Nkukuu said the Sh220 million payment is inclusive of total returns due to the Finnish firm.

The note was part of the Sh1.4 billion Cytonn raised in September from local and foreign investors in a private placement to fund its real estate projects.

The debt was used as bridging financing for some of the firm’s real estate projects. Payment of such notes usually indicates that the borrower has secured longer-term financing from financial institutions at lower interest rates.

READ: Cytonn, Finnish firm break ground for Sh1bn Karen homes

“The note was structured at a market rate cost of funds of 18 per cent plus participation in the capital appreciation achieved during the period the note was outstanding, bringing the total annualised return earned by TTA to 54 per cent,” said Ms Nkukuu in a statement.

“TTA has financed over Sh2 billion of Cytonn projects and we are very glad to have demonstrated to them our capabilities in structured financing and commitment to our financiers by starting to return some of that capital in less than a year.”

The two firms are partnering in real-estate projects, including the high-end Amara Ridge in Karen worth Sh1 billion.

http://www.businessdaily...2/-/fxi08a/-/index.html

Very good retutns....
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
enyands
#37 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 12:48:17 PM

Ash Ock wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Food for thought:

Quote:
Cytonn pays Sh220m debt owed to Finnish PE firm

Cytonn Investments has paid Sh220 million owed to Finnish PE firm Taaleritehdas Private Equity Funds (TTA), giving the fund what Cytton said is a return of 54 per cent on the short-term debt.

Cytonn chief investment officer Elizabeth Nkukuu said the Sh220 million payment is inclusive of total returns due to the Finnish firm.

The note was part of the Sh1.4 billion Cytonn raised in September from local and foreign investors in a private placement to fund its real estate projects.

The debt was used as bridging financing for some of the firm’s real estate projects. Payment of such notes usually indicates that the borrower has secured longer-term financing from financial institutions at lower interest rates.

READ: Cytonn, Finnish firm break ground for Sh1bn Karen homes

“The note was structured at a market rate cost of funds of 18 per cent plus participation in the capital appreciation achieved during the period the note was outstanding, bringing the total annualised return earned by TTA to 54 per cent,” said Ms Nkukuu in a statement.

“TTA has financed over Sh2 billion of Cytonn projects and we are very glad to have demonstrated to them our capabilities in structured financing and commitment to our financiers by starting to return some of that capital in less than a year.”

The two firms are partnering in real-estate projects, including the high-end Amara Ridge in Karen worth Sh1 billion.

http://www.businessdaily...2/-/fxi08a/-/index.html

Very good retutns....

Bright minds .whose willing to spread risks .need four people on board
luttz
#38 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 1:29:34 PM

I am with @ KulaRaha on this one. Time will tell.
"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
Bachuma Gate
#39 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 6:40:20 PM

15%pa. The rate for money market funds are allows in the papers business page. Equity was offering 17% at some point.
DOH
whiteowl
#40 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:19:24 AM

KulaRaha wrote:

remember I said it here.

I'm watching from the sidelines too.If anyone wants above market rates they should go into business or tenderpreneurship.