wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Cold Turkey
alma1
#1 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 1:10:22 PM

From Friday I have gone through some major pain as I try quit my addictions by force.

No more cigarettes and fombe too.

I can assure you its worse than being sick. Not managed to do any work since then. But I hear its good for you.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Thitifini
#2 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 2:29:45 PM

Sigara is the hardest. Did cold turkey in March and true, its painful. Plus funny mood swings.

But after the first 7 days things cool down. Just look forward to Friday, the pain will be gone.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Ash Ock
#3 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 3:21:23 PM

I quit both vices cold turkey, it'll be 13 years this 31 December.

It can be hard but just focus on the future and trust me you will get through it.

I got some normal chewing gum and anytime time you feel the urge to suck smoke, pop one in. Don't have to do this but you can always find something which works for you.

Go for it!

Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
Impunity
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2015 5:57:47 PM

Is that guy of phombe ya furahiday saa ya phombe thread listening?
I wait for the day he will quit and realize his decades long folly.
Come on man,phombe sio do or die for you.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

sitaki.kujulikana
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:01:30 PM

Impunity wrote:
Is that guy of phombe ya furahiday saa ya phombe thread listening?
I wait for the day he will quit and realize his decades long folly.
Come on man,phombe sio do or die for you.

your eabl shares will do badly if he decides to go @alma's way
hardwood
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:24:38 PM

Ash Ock wrote:
I quit both vices cold turkey, it'll be 13 years this 31 December.

It can be hard but just focus on the future and trust me you will get through it.

I got some normal chewing gum and anytime time you feel the urge to suck smoke, pop one in. Don't have to do this but you can always find something which works for you.

Go for it!

[im]http://images.all-free-download.com/images/graphiclarge/thumbs_up_star_312288.jpg[/img]

That is my new year resolution. Quiting from Jan 1.
Njung'e
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2015 7:56:25 AM

@Alma,
Quitting both at the same time is not easy but go for it. I hope by now your head has not developed cracks from withdrawal.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
alma1
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2015 9:03:19 AM

@all as you can see, i've been very cranky this week. Extremely....it's not easy my friends it ain't.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Impunity
#9 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2015 12:10:46 PM

alma1 wrote:
@all as you can see, i've been very cranky this week. Extremely....it's not easy my friends it ain't.

So what made decide to quit the double sins?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Coolbull
#10 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 9:17:52 PM

@Alma keep it up. I quit drinking in 2001 (15years) and still very clean. Unfortunately with no vice to commit I picked smoking. This didn't go for very long I went cold turkey April 11, 2004 (11 years), but I missed my sticks.

I experienced withdraw symptoms especially irritability. It went in two weeks and since then I have been clean.

Motivating factor to quit drinking: To own land, build and invest.

Motivating factor to quit smoking: Imagined causing cancer to my future wife and kids through second hand smoke and I just had to stop smoking.

washiku
#11 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 11:37:52 PM

Impunity wrote:
alma1 wrote:

So what made decide to quit the double sins?

Maybe he wants to build a house

radio
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:22:47 PM

What's the motivation for quitting?

What are the telltale signs that you needed to quit?
majimaji
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 12:42:27 PM

I have managed not to smoke for the last 3 years. Best decision I ever made, even fish tastes better.
tycho
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:00:48 PM

For me quitting on the God delusion and the concomitant opiate has been most troubling. But seeing the madness it has caused to me I have no option but to abandon the delusions with immediate effect!

Though it leaves me on most curious grounds...
Othelo
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:22:00 PM

tycho wrote:
For me quitting on the God delusion and the concomitant opiate has been most troubling. But seeing the madness it has caused to me I have no option but to abandon the delusions with immediate effect!

now what? smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Njung'e
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:42:56 PM

Othelo wrote:
tycho wrote:

now what? smile

Laughing out loudly I think he means he has quit madness but i am afraid to ask how.smile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
masukuma
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 2:14:29 PM

Njung'e wrote:
Othelo wrote:
tycho wrote:

now what? smile

Laughing out loudly I think he means he has quit madness but i am afraid to ask how.smile

I think it's a tycho way of saying he has lost God and he is not sure of what's next! He finds himself in rather unfamiliar territory. I myself have been 'counting the cost' and it looks like the cost is too great!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
tycho
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 3:34:31 PM

masukuma wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
Othelo wrote:
tycho wrote:

now what? smile

I think it's a tycho way of saying he has lost God and he is not sure of what's next! He finds himself in rather unfamiliar territory. I myself have been 'counting the cost' and it looks like the cost is too great!

One can't lose what he/she doesn't have. If there's a cost of losing a delusion then it can't outweigh the benefit. There's this quote I heard when watching one criminal minds episode; it went like, 'the good of losing a delusion is greater than that of grasping a truth'.

@Njung'e: To understand how one can quit madness one needs to understand how one gets into it in the first place. In my case I entered via what I may call a cognitive trap. By changing my cognitive configuration I reverse my madness.
tycho
#19 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 3:52:33 PM

Come to think of it, I find myself a truer and better theist now.
masukuma
#20 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 3:56:07 PM

tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
Othelo wrote:
tycho wrote:

now what? smile

One can't lose what he/she doesn't have. If there's a cost of losing a delusion then it can't outweigh the benefit. There's this quote I heard when watching one criminal minds episode; it went like, 'the good of losing a delusion is greater than that of grasping a truth'.

@Njung'e: To understand how one can quit madness one needs to understand how one gets into it in the first place. In my case I entered via what I may call a cognitive trap. By changing my cognitive configuration I reverse my madness.

Losing a delusion is just that losing and it is gone. whether you like it or not... it's gone. The conundrum is what happens next! it's like a restart or a 180 degree turn...
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!