Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages«<101112
2 Stocks for life
Angelica _ann
#221 Posted : Sunday, May 06, 2018 6:29:38 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
Cash in the bank and gun to the head I'd go with KPLC and KENGEN at today's prices.
Guaranteed CGOK bailout, attached at the hip to the economy. If you have to own it for life then energy is the place you want to be 'trapped' in.

Go & check how KPLC was doing before Kibaki era & I can assure you we are headed back there. Everybody will benefit from KPLC apart from consumers & shareholders. Let us compare notes in 3 years.

Electricity is a commodity which is useful now and for generations to come.A country will never do without a power company.A shrewed shareholder could still gain from the poor management.The volatile share price is a boon to always buy low.

OK, GL!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Angelica _ann
#222 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 9:46:34 AM

Watching ARM, this is not a viable option. You must be on your toes with your shares all the time otherwise paper gains can be wiped out as you watch.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#223 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 10:00:20 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Watching ARM, this is not a viable option. You must be on your toes with your shares all the time otherwise paper gains can be wiped out as you watch.

In Kenya any company you have shares ypu have to be on your toes,monitor it's financial performance and know how to interprete the financial statements.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
wukan
#224 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 10:30:17 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

In Kenya any company you have shares ypu have to be on your toes,monitor it's financial performance and know how to interprete the financial statements.

In 1965, the average tenure of companies on the S&P 500 was 33 years. By 1990, it was 20 years. It's forecast to shrink to 14 years by 2026.

In a vibrant economy the churn rate should be high. I would expect that in Kenya with the changing demographics plus change in technology the death of companies at higher rate. Crony capitalism is too entrenched in Kenya.
sparkly
#225 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:03:50 AM

Best buying opportunity in 10 years coming up. Time to stock up on blue chips as NSE 20 falls below 2800.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#226 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:56:26 PM

The way things are going only Safaricom & BAT will be left standing.

Stanchart & Jubilee Ins will also survive.

The rest of stocks at NSE are waiting to explode.
obiero
#227 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:49:02 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Woi. Including the suspended ARM. Umekunywa maji ya kutosha NSE. I wish you a better close to the year 2018

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Angelica _ann
#228 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:53:41 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Woi. Including the suspended ARM. Umekunywa maji ya kutosha NSE. I wish you a better close to the year 2018

Asante smile
muandiwambeu
#229 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:31:54 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Asante smile

After watching scary electric chair and lethal injection real videos, I have a feeling of having experienced the same here @nse. Now am sleepless counting my near misses, ARM hiii, ahahaha, hiii, ahahaha. The dancing is horrible. Lucky for my ship to have docked in this and a time like this to share a moment in time and space.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Angelica _ann
#230 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 10:22:00 AM

BAT, Safaricom, Jubilee Insurance and Stanchart for those who want to preserve their cash relaxed.
FUNKY
#231 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 1:59:52 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
BAT, Safaricom, Jubilee Insurance and Stanchart for those who want to preserve their cash relaxed.

EABL should be added to this list as well