wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Shipping from China
alma1
#1 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2015 4:29:49 PM

Ok I'm trying to make a decision here and don't mind giving someone the business.

I have a fridge type product I wish to import. The weight is about 50kg. The Salihiya's go for $8.5per kg airfreight. Looks nice until you find that the cost of the freight is twice the cost of the product.

Making it commercially unviable.

Anyone with a good idea on sea shipping who wouldn't mind giving more information.

They just quoted to me something like 35k per cubic foot whatever that is.

Serekali ya wazua saidieni tafadhali

Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Swenani
#2 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2015 5:09:51 PM

alma1 wrote:
Ok I'm trying to make a decision here and don't mind giving someone the business.

I have a fridge type product I wish to import. The weight is about 50kg. The Salihiya's go for $8.5per kg airfreight. Looks nice until you find that the cost of the freight is twice the cost of the product.

Anyone with a good idea on sea shipping who wouldn't mind giving more information.

Tafuta Kysse!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
mwariama
#3 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2015 7:51:56 PM

alma1 wrote:

For sea freight guys are usually charged between Kshs 27-33,000 per CBM from China which includes freight cost and duty. CBM (cubic meter) is a volumetric unit of measure for space your stuff will occupy in the container . To calculate it roughly, just multiply the length x width x height of your packed item in meters.

Salihiya or Golden gate so far haven't disappointed.
newcomer
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 08, 2015 11:19:42 AM

alma1 wrote:

Talk to Karagee, he is in this forum, 07299886846.
Rankaz13
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:52:15 AM

newcomer wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Incorrect phone no. His correct one is +254 729 986 846. @alma1, I can vouch for this guy. He's good at it.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
newcomer
#6 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 4:47:36 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
newcomer wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Incorrect phone no. His correct one is +254 729 986 846. @alma1, I can vouch for this guy. He's good at it.

Thanks for correction. yes, this is the correct number
alma1
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 5:39:07 PM

Got it called and happy. Very knowledgeable fellow. For those on wazua who think the sk part is the most important, shauri yenu.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Swenani
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2015 12:14:24 PM

alma1 wrote:
Got it called and happy. Very knowledgeable fellow. For those on wazua who think the sk part is the most important, shauri yenu.

Shauri yako if you do not think so!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Eavns
#9 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 3:23:35 PM

Hello, guys am very interested in joining the import business has anyone written an article about the importation business, if any someone kindly refer me to the same article so that i can read through it . kindly wazua colleagues kindly provide me with information on reliable shipping and clearing agencies that I can use. Also, those that are knowledgeable on how to get reliable contacts in China I need your help as well. kindly guys a help a brother prosper your assistance will be highly appreciated.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#10 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 7:33:29 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
newcomer wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Very polite guy, trustworthy and knowledgeable in matters clearing. He just shipped for me via airfreight a 3phase submersible water pump and a solar inverter from China. You know these items are much cheaper on that side.
Thing is, he kept his word to the very end and didn't disappoint. Such guys are very rare in the clearing business.
I would vouch for him. By the way, he even got to confirm for me the chinese firm on the other end really does exist before we could make any paymentApplause Applause Applause
I call him the official wazua agentsmile
I hope he remains truthful and doesnt get distractedPray
@SufficientlyP
Eavns
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 12:57:39 AM

Thanks for the heads-up and for the positive review,did he take good care of custom duties n taxes?