¿
#41 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 10:06:21 AM

tycho wrote:
¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
limanika wrote:
Check your facts. World war only happened when there was attempt to defeat existing superpower and transition to new one- something only done by force

That's what happened because world order is dependent on powers and the balance of power holding them together. When order is threatened then the involved powers will have to act, and war has been a favorite tool. But it's not the only tool, or even an effective tool. And the alignments are always fluid.

To make matters worse globalization won't allow for violence. Think of terrorism as the new art of war in a global arena. It's a big threat to stability; in the long term it's bad business. And nation states can no longer afford long wars. Even the use of robots is now being resisted.

Power is shifting, or has shifted drastically.

The world is more interdependent but world order has not yet been threatened. The balance of power may change but the system remains the same. War can be used as a scapegoat for global economic woes but benefiting from the death and suffering of others is still an acceptable part of the system.

What makes you say that world order isn't under threat?

Britain and the permanent members of the UNSC are the largest arms exporters.They are also the largest economies. The members may change and power may shift, but it's just winners and losers in the same order. It's like keeping score on the scramble for Africa.

World order seems to be more about ideas, relationships, demand, roles, technology and the like. What you're saying accounts for a part of the picture.

I'm basing my analysis on natural and human resources and the roles they play in the political and economic landscape. The established order works on declared and undeclared ideas and relationships with those resources and it continues to spread through globalization.

A good example is consumerism. Wastage of resources and the incentive to exploit resource rich nations are some of the unintended or unwanted consequences but I prefer undeclared.

Such and similar ideas define the world as we know it today and my argument is that the conflicts and disagreements are not about challenging them,but who gets what piece of the pie.What part of the picture am I missing?
Anti_Burglar
#42 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 2:52:37 PM

It may be because of the so called s 400 thingys or the anticipated economic weapons but someone realized the bear though clumsy looking is not good to have around when angry. An anticlimax but 3 cheers for "peace"!

Turkish Prime Minister strikes conciliatory tone following downing of Russian jet
Obi 1 Kanobi
#43 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 4:26:50 PM

He.. he..he,

The Eagle, bear and dragon. Classic Tom Clancy terminologies for US, Russia & China on a war footing.

This thing will tail off very soon. Will be hard to tell winners or losers, but my bet is Turkey dropped those Russian jets with clearance from US, (atleast with CIA black ops thumbs up).

Was a perfect opportunity to test Putins resolve, ultimately, they want to check his influence in ME.

I think Putin is not the sharpest tool in the shed. The cold war is over, I don't think we shall see another WW. The US has too great a lead in armament but Russia's nukes kinda check their outright victory.

China realises this and is focused on economic expansion which in my opinion is the only battleground left worth fighting in.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
wanyee
#44 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 7:41:58 AM

It will be a test of stealth technologies..or which agencies have stolen from whom knowing Russian hackers..its a good guess who has the ace card
sitaki.kujulikana
#45 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 9:55:07 AM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
He.. he..he,

The Eagle, bear and dragon. Classic Tom Clancy terminologies for US, Russia & China on a war footing.

This thing will tail off very soon. Will be hard to tell winners or losers, but my bet is Turkey dropped those Russian jets with clearance from US, (atleast with CIA black ops thumbs up).

Was a perfect opportunity to test Putins resolve, ultimately, they want to check his influence in ME.

I think Putin is not the sharpest tool in the shed. The cold war is over, I don't think we shall see another WW. The US has too great a lead in armament but Russia's nukes kinda check their outright victory.

China realises this and is focused on economic expansion which in my opinion is the only battleground left worth fighting in.

China also has nukes and they are building up their military arsenal pretty fast.

It reminds me when Puting was seeking audience with Obama after the sanctions, if clearance was from majuu then the turks are the stupid guys, Russia is one of their major trade partner and now they have complicated the role of the other rebels they back in Syria since now Russia is hitting them really hard, plus the issue of oil.
sitaki.kujulikana
#46 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 9:58:23 AM

wanyee wrote:
It will be a test of stealth technologies..or which agencies have stolen from whom knowing Russian hackers..its a good guess who has the ace card

If ww3 was to occur, Africa would suddenly become the cradle of civilization
Njung'e
#47 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 10:58:10 AM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
He.. he..he,

Not that i support Putin, but on this one , Turkey will end up the loser. As you realize, there is already an alliance of some sort between Hollande and Putin done hardly 24 hours back. The aim and mission is the same. Annihilate IS. Any other kind of politics will not suffice for now. Unluckily,that's what Turkey wants to play. Russia is building a nuclear power plant for Turkey, a gas pipeline and several other infrastructural projects worth billions of dollars. Turkey happens to be the largest exporter of food to Russia, while it's tourism industry depends largely on Russians. Remove half of that and Turkey will be on it's knees while the rest of NATO states can do nothing much about it. That, Putin knows and i guess, we will see it in play soon.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Dawnwoods
#48 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 5:01:19 PM

Eagle gave sortie schematics to down the Bear jet.
Crescent & Star don’t care about Trade/tourism with Bear.
Bec joining EU is more beneficial to them.
Crescent& Star worries more of Bear arming pershmerga
Worries more if Pershmerga will want secession.
That’s an Ace up the Bears sleeve.
Eagle is lobbying hard for crescent&star joining EU
Eagle loves the spat between Bear and Crescent &star.
Napoleon is confused whether to work with Eagle, Bear or both.
Bear will hurt eventually particularly financially
Eagle believes that it has tactical and strategic naval and air advantage over Dragon.
Eagle is confident of Arleigh Burke and Aegis system
Dragon in my humble estimate needs a longtime to match maritime prowess.
Bear will not use Bulava and Eagle will not use Trident. Period!!!!
Dragon can build Spratly 10 xs bigger but still Eagle has better power projection
Eagle, Bear and Napoleon are aware that without ground troops. You can’t remove the Bugs
The Bugs are in a large territory. They are different kinds of Bugs
Crickets, Cockroaches, fleas, Jiggers and Ticks.
Nobody is more confused than the Bugs
They can shoot this way today and tomorrow the other way.
They don’t even know who is with them or against them.
For all the Shenanigans to end, the Bear and the Eagle need to agree
Eagle is proud and has a big Ego so it’s hard. Bear has Ego too.
SCV 1 needs to talk to both.
wanyee
#49 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 6:45:54 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
wanyee wrote:

If ww3 was to occur, Africa would suddenly become the cradle of civilization

Sadly in the event of a nuke fallout we are within the vicinity ..Sad Sad Pray Anxious
You can drive to Ankara in days!sometime i hope n wish the great rift tectonic plate fractures and we drift away fron the mid east a bit souther in the event of nukes tuotee radiation mbaliii.
tycho
#50 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 9:42:39 PM

¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
limanika wrote:
Check your facts. World war only happened when there was attempt to defeat existing superpower and transition to new one- something only done by force

That's what happened because world order is dependent on powers and the balance of power holding them together. When order is threatened then the involved powers will have to act, and war has been a favorite tool. But it's not the only tool, or even an effective tool. And the alignments are always fluid.

To make matters worse globalization won't allow for violence. Think of terrorism as the new art of war in a global arena. It's a big threat to stability; in the long term it's bad business. And nation states can no longer afford long wars. Even the use of robots is now being resisted.

The world is more interdependent but world order has not yet been threatened. The balance of power may change but the system remains the same. War can be used as a scapegoat for global economic woes but benefiting from the death and suffering of others is still an acceptable part of the system.

Britain and the permanent members of the UNSC are the largest arms exporters.They are also the largest economies. The members may change and power may shift, but it's just winners and losers in the same order. It's like keeping score on the scramble for Africa.

World order seems to be more about ideas, relationships, demand, roles, technology and the like. What you're saying accounts for a part of the picture.

I'm basing my analysis on natural and human resources and the roles they play in the political and economic landscape. The established order works on declared and undeclared ideas and relationships with those resources and it continues to spread through globalization.

A good example is consumerism. Wastage of resources and the incentive to exploit resource rich nations are some of the unintended or unwanted consequences but I prefer undeclared.

Such and similar ideas define the world as we know it today and my argument is that the conflicts and disagreements are not about challenging them,but who gets what piece of the pie.What part of the picture am I missing?

The uncertainty principle is what you're probably missing. Generally, the more order we wish to create the more we create disorder. But because we use more energy for order the rate of disorder tends to be slower, but the two eventually meet.

A good example is the international financial system. The gold standard undermined itself into fiat money pegged on the dollar and now that's become a problem.

Consumerism is now a threat; from environmental concerns to issues of social justice.

Use of drones for killing terrorists is having the opposite effects.

A globalized world with super fast and dense network connections will churn disorder faster. We are at a network boom with institutions of an older world.

Check on this report https://www.gov.uk/gover...tegic-trends-out-to-2045
¿
#51 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 5:05:34 AM

tycho wrote:
¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
limanika wrote:

The uncertainty principle is what you're probably missing. Generally, the more order we wish to create the more we create disorder. But because we use more energy for order the rate of disorder tends to be slower, but the two eventually meet.

A good example is the international financial system. The gold standard undermined itself into fiat money pegged on the dollar and now that's become a problem.

Consumerism is now a threat; from environmental concerns to issues of social justice.

A globalized world with super fast and dense network connections will churn disorder faster. We are at a network boom with institutions of an older world.

Check on this report https://www.gov.uk/gover...egic-trends-out-to-2045

lol.
Anti_Burglar
#52 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 9:29:30 AM

¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:
limanika wrote:

Check on this report https://www.gov.uk/gover...egic-trends-out-to-2045

lol.

What would Nietzsche say?

dunkang
#53 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 12:43:06 PM

Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

Intelligentsia
#54 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 5:09:27 PM

Dawnwoods wrote:
Eagle believes that it has tactical and strategic naval and air advantage over Dragon.
Dragon can build Spratly 10 xs bigger but still Eagle has better power projection
Eagle, Bear and Napoleon are aware that without ground troops. You can’t remove the Bugs

A good summary.
Bear, Napoleon, Dragon, Johnny and Eagle know that without boots in the confused Syrian theatre its useless, nyet to any victory, and the ever-evolving bugs cant be crushed, but none of them are willing to send in the boots hukoz. Bear can't of course engage Turkey militarily due to the NATO pact. Even if it came to that it would only remain conventional and never progress to NBC.
Study the bugs keenly and you will note they are students of some of these guys above as well as Moses....
Dawnwoods
#55 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 9:36:31 PM

@intelligentsia... Hmmmmm...conveniently no one mentions Moses.. The signature of Moses is all over... I mean all over. Either way you are spot on!!
Anti_Burglar
#56 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2015 10:05:55 AM

Intelligentsia wrote:
Dawnwoods wrote:

A good summary.
Bear, Napoleon, Dragon, Johnny and Eagle know that without boots in the confused Syrian theatre its useless, nyet to any victory, and the ever-evolving bugs cant be crushed, but none of them are willing to send in the boots hukoz. Bear can't of course engage Turkey militarily due to the NATO pact. Even if it came to that it would only remain conventional and never progress to NBC.
Study the bugs keenly and you will note they are students of some of these guys above as well as Moses....

You are kindly wrong. How can you say there are no boots on the ground when there is the army on the ground? You might not "see" or even like the president but the army does exist and they are on the roll currently. All they needed was a better airpower and that has been taken care of by the bear. Recognizing the role of the standing the army and its president is the first step to resolving this matter and so far the bear has 20/20 vision. The rest are blind bats.
¿
#57 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2015 10:21:35 AM

Dawnwoods wrote:
@intelligentsia... Hmmmmm...conveniently no one mentions Moses.. The signature of Moses is all over... I mean all over. Either way you are spot on!!

tycho
#58 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2015 7:52:15 PM

Dawnwoods
#59 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2015 9:20:32 PM

Look! you have your opinion..However, 50 Special forces will not do it.. Take a look at the size of the territory alone...

Then, look into Fallujah 1 and Fallujah 2 on ground incursion.

Ground maneuver is not a cake walk. Clear and Hold is a prolonged endeavor.

That theater has too many actors and too many Directors. This is a grizzly movie.

The confusion is enormous.. Eagles Def Sec cant even tell the difference between the Bugs.

The Bear should fold and go Home when it can.....

The Eagle will give excuses until another administration comes in.

The Dragon will not touch it even with a 20 foot pole.

Crescent&Star is doing all it can to appease who ever to join EU.
guru267
#60 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2015 7:42:39 AM

Daniel 7 New International Version (NIV)
Daniel’s Dream of Four Beasts
In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream, and visions passed through his mind as he was lying in bed. He wrote down the substance of his dream.
Daniel said: “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me were the four winds of heaven churning up the great sea. Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.
“The first was like a lion, and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were torn off and it was lifted from the ground so that it stood on two feet like a human being, and the mind of a human was given to it.
“And there before me was a second beast, which looked like a bear. It was raised up on one of its sides, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. It was told, ‘Get up and eat your fill of flesh!’
“After that, I looked, and there before me was another beast, one that looked like a leopard. And on its back it had four wings like those of a bird. This beast had four heads, and it was given authority to rule.
“After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast—terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the former beasts, and it had ten horns.
“While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16