wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
World War III
Impunity
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 1:20:22 PM

Happening now in our own lifetime!

So sad!!!!

Will Kenya side with the West or the Eastern Bloc?

Rink
Sad Sad Sad Sad

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

tycho
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:03:36 PM

I doubt if this war is about the East or West. Even, previous wars haven't been a clash of polarities. The second world war was won by allied forces, same for ww1. Allied forces were East plus West.

Polarity is an emergence after change in world order and in this case we may have a multi-polar world with spheres of influence getting into religion, capital structure, ethnicity, social networks and that kind of thing.

The trick is to find a sphere of influence in a globalized world that can meet our needs. For example a multicultural and secularist network with capital creation accessible to most members will be the most stable and prosperous sphere. So far the people of the world are struggling to create it. Once again it will emerge by itself but aligning ourselves to such ideals is of strategic importance.
Anti_Burglar
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:05:16 PM

tycho wrote:
I doubt if this war is about the East or West. Even, previous wars haven't been a clash of polarities. The second world war was won by allied forces, same for ww1. Allied forces were East plus West.

Polarity is an emergence after change in world order and in this case we may have a multi-polar world with spheres of influence getting into religion, capital structure, ethnicity, social networks and that kind of thing.

The trick is to find a sphere of influence in a globalized world that can meet our needs. For example a multicultural and secularist network with capital creation accessible to most members will be the most stable and prosperous sphere. So far the people of the world are struggling to create it. Once again it will emerge by itself but aligning ourselves to such ideals is of strategic importance.

You are saying there is something behind the scenes?
Coolbull
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:11:05 PM

Kamenunga...time to start stocking kwa fridge and seeds kwa shamba. If you are living in a rented house...send some mabatis shags to build yourself a 'humble' abode during the war period. If you are a landlord be ready to reduce rent or have empty houses once the effect of the war hit our shores.

Anyway, as the Bible says - blessed are those who put their trust in the Lord. Even in the thickest time the Lord will see them through. I will continue trusting the Lord for a mighty deliverance in the war period.

Anti_Burglar
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:29:24 PM

Coolbull wrote:
Kamenunga...time to start stocking kwa fridge and seeds kwa shamba. If you are living in a rented house...send some mabatis shags to build yourself a 'humble' abode during the war period. If you are a landlord be ready to reduce rent or have empty houses once the effect of the war hit our shores.

Anyway, as the Bible says - blessed are those who put their trust in the Lord. Even in the thickest time the Lord will see them through. I will continue trusting the Lord for a mighty deliverance in the war period.

There will be no deliverance in this war.
tycho
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:36:48 PM

Anti_Burglar wrote:
tycho wrote:

I believe so. Generally there are forces that join, spread and undermine human efforts at creating order and with time a threshold is attained that leads to a collapse of status quo. It's something to do with life itself.

Because humans are generally conservative and bounded in rationality the change process becomes difficult to manage and relationships become the zones of affliction and wars arise.

¿
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:45:34 PM

tycho wrote:

Multiculturalism is itself a cultural value caught up in the paradox of tolerance.

Quote:
The tolerance paradox arises when a tolerant person holds antagonistic views towards intolerance, and hence is intolerant of it. The tolerant individual would then be by definition intolerant of intolerance.

Though intolerance is a factor, the pursuit and protection of wealth and power is present among the major players.Conflict is just competition shrouded in political correctness and propaganda in the pursuit of common goals.
Anti_Burglar
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 4:19:11 PM

tycho wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
tycho wrote:

I believe so. Generally there are forces that join, spread and undermine human efforts at creating order and with time a threshold is attained that leads to a collapse of status quo. It's something to do with life itself.

Because humans are generally conservative and bounded in rationality the change process becomes difficult to manage and relationships become the zones of affliction and wars arise.

So what will be the result?
Anti_Burglar
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 4:21:02 PM

¿ wrote:
tycho wrote:

Multiculturalism is itself a cultural value caught up in the paradox of tolerance.

Quote:
The tolerance paradox arises when a tolerant person holds antagonistic views towards intolerance, and hence is intolerant of it. The tolerant individual would then be by definition intolerant of intolerance.

Though intolerance is a factor, the pursuit and protection of wealth and power is present among the major players.Conflict is just competition shrouded in political correctness and propaganda in the pursuit of common goals.

Can there be an end to war?
Njung'e
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:03:27 PM

Quickly degenerating. Russian sent a chopper to go search for the two pilots and now thr Turks have shot it too but it managed to land inside Syria.Putin is livid and he says,Turkey's action have consequences. Will NATO allies just watch if Russia decides to hit Turkey??
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Much Know
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:20:35 PM

Don't know why it seems this is a war against Putin's ego, the fellow seems isolated, China is not interested in this "war" yes he has nuclear weapons (tusiende hapo please for now), but everyone has different objectives and Putin is badly outnumbered (unless iran is an alley to speak of), and his economy is shrinking, China seem more concerned with their internal affairs after killing one child policy, they are definitely not interested, is Russia and Putin not more or less alone, outnumbered seriously?
A New Kenya
Impunity
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:27:33 PM

Njung'e wrote:
Quickly degenerating. Russian sent a chopper to go search for the two pilots and now thr Turks have shot it too but it managed to land inside Syria.Putin is livid and he says,Turkey's action have consequences. Will NATO allies just watch if Russia decides to hit Turkey??

Now that US is also NATO!
Pray
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

newfarer
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 6:26:28 PM

Anti_Burglar wrote:
tycho wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
tycho wrote:

. Start your thread please.msituharibie hii. Au sivyo you follow the diction of guka and impunity. Kitu tunaeza elewa
punda amecheka
tycho
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 7:19:47 PM

@¿, It's true that multiculturalism has so far been faced with a paradox of being in fact intolerant in spite of its protestations. The immigration crises across the globe, the apparent escalation of racial tension is evidence for this.

The question I'd ask myself is whether tolerance is the only basis for multiculturalism. I think not. There's also acceptance. I believe acceptance because there's evidence that it has worked, not for a brief period but a pretty long period of human history.

Think of a world where all humans are accepted, respected and loved.

@Anti_B, you ask about the result this conflict; first it's a challenge to humans, so minds will go 'over drive' and consciousness will rise. Man will transform. It may be a long process but I'm optimistic. For me this is the main thing that's happening. The human mind is being stirred, solutions are being sought, experimented upon, so much pushing and pulling, dying, but he'll certainly emerge victorious with the end of war.
nakujua
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 7:22:02 PM

Much Know wrote:
Don't know why it seems this is a war against Putin's ego, the fellow seems isolated, China is not interested in this "war" yes he has nuclear weapons (tusiende hapo please for now), but everyone has different objectives and Putin is badly outnumbered (unless iran is an alley to speak of), and his economy is shrinking, China seem more concerned with their internal affairs after killing one child policy, they are definitely not interested, is Russia and Putin not more or less alone, outnumbered seriously?

Its 28 against 1, no single outside country can go against NATO and win - but you have to give it to the Russians, even if they are seriously outnumbered and out resourced they still stand with their man Assad
tycho
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 7:45:44 PM

newfarer wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
tycho wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
tycho wrote:

. Start your thread please.msituharibie hii. Au sivyo you follow the diction of guka and impunity. Kitu tunaeza elewa

You can imagine how difficult it is for a human to justify his existence to another. The other day a Kenyan was battered by a mzungu who shares your sentiments.

How people get to that point is the subject of inquiry between Anti_ B and tycho and any other interested parties. That's why for example I appreciate @njunge's perspective but I probably I'm not so interested with that angle of the story. So we're bound to coexist peacefully. Or his perspective supplies material for tycho's perspective and vice versa.

That's how peace is built. I think. Because I suspect space for posting is in infinite supply even on this thread. World.
tycho
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 7:54:17 PM

nakujua wrote:
Much Know wrote:

Its 28 against 1, no single outside country can go against NATO and win - but you have to give it to the Russians, even if they are seriously outnumbered and out resourced they still stand with their man Assad

What if the balance is shifted to Russia's advantage by Putin's assertion that Ankara is aiding terrorism? Would NATO still stand together?

So far, Russia has the upper hand on this. A diplomatic solution will be found na game iendelee.
limanika
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 7:58:49 PM

Check your facts. World war only happened when there was attempt to defeat existing superpower and transition to new one- something only done by force
nakujua
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:01:12 PM

tycho wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Much Know wrote:

What if the balance is shifted to Russia's advantage by Putin's assertion that Ankara is aiding terrorism? Would NATO still stand together?

So far, Russia has the upper hand on this. A diplomatic solution will be found na game iendelee.

Honestly I don't see NATO leaving one of their members in the cold, I think the formation of the organization was actually in part due to the Soviets, and the image of an organization that fights for its member has to be upheld at ll costs.

I also think the NATO members know what Erdogan is up to, and what he is doing - its like discovering one of your children is involved in crime, you don't anika them - makosa yametendeka.

The biggest problem with what Turkey did is the precedent it sets, especially looking at what China is doing on those artificial islands.
tycho
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:17:36 PM

limanika wrote:
Check your facts. World war only happened when there was attempt to defeat existing superpower and transition to new one- something only done by force

That's what happened because world order is dependent on powers and the balance of power holding them together. When order is threatened then the involved powers will have to act, and war has been a favorite tool. But it's not the only tool, or even an effective tool. And the alignments are always fluid.

To make matters worse globalization won't allow for violence. Think of terrorism as the new art of war in a global arena. It's a big threat to stability; in the long term it's bad business. And nation states can no longer afford long wars. Even the use of robots is now being resisted.

Power is shifting, or has shifted drastically.