#101 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 9:40:20 AM

tycho wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
¿ wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
quicksand wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
githundi wrote:
@hamburglar, with the last post, you have crossed the line...'that is being abusive. ..non tolerance has no room in the civilised world you claim to belong.
You have to learn to be and let others be. We live in a socially and spiritually diverse world.

Ummm. No line crossed. It's a fact that religious people have a lower IQ on average than us atheists. Google it. Anybody who can't think independently (theists) is weak minded, It's not an insult, it's a fact albeit harsh. And for the people who think that i need to see the light, lol, i saw the light a long time ago when i chose to become an atheist. You are the ones that are blinded by faith and can't see the truth about how religion and false gods are holding you back from liberation. If i compare my life to that of a lot of my impoverished religious nuts friends lives, i am quite confident that i am the one in the light. Life is good here, y'all don't worry about what i need. Maybe you need to shed some light towards those people who took all morning to go see a person who will add absolutely no value to their lives.

The ones that were poor before going to see the pope today will still be poor tomorrow, the disabled will still be disabled, the mentally ill will still be nuts as f***, so the mass served absolutely no purpose? He won't change a single thing and won't make any change in anybody's life other than making my trip to the expensive lunch that am heading out to eat hell. Lol. Why are they closing down roads for some regular bloke? This guy is nothing special, he has no special powers and is nothing more than a con.

Ati mass, for what? Broke people are jam packed at UON to listen to a rich conman tell them a lot of nothing while they should be out and about trying to earn a living and looking for money to put a meal on their tables tonight. Now most of them will go home broke and tomorrow morning, i guarantee you, i will have a few of my casual employees asking me for emergency cash for bus fare or lunch since they didn't make any money today coz they went to see the pope. People are really not very wise and then wonder how come they are sinking more and more into poverty. Use your time wisely and engage your brain constructively otherwise you will all perish like fools.

Hehehe.
You are just another dude on a soapbox. You are not very different from religious zealots who froth at the mouth, point and shout at others and claim the kingdom is
due to them cause they believe only their piety is pious enough. Your religion however, is intelligence. You believe you
are more possessed of it than those who believe in God or religion. If you have any intelligence, then it fails you miserably at times. There are believers who have more sense, more wisdom, more knowledge in things requiring expertise as well generally, are more economically productive, live peaceful lives and are more useful than you.
Offending others on the tenets of their faith, their leaders, institutions and icons is a display of lack of tolerance, decorum and manners.
If you can only engage in a ham-fisted way, it is an extremism, its one dimensional, it means depth, nuance and understanding escape you, therefore your intelligence is not as great as you would like us to believe.

Tolerance and decorum my ass? Lol, Religion and mythical gods are detrimental to society and tough love is sometimes the only way to send a message. You have to call religion what it is, it's dumb and stupid. Sometimes you just have to say it like it is, if we keep coddling and pandering to these religious people they will never get it. So forgive my "manners" or lack thereof, but i hate the damage religion has done and is still doing to humanity and especially in Africa and if lacking decorum and tolerance in my delivery will help provoke people's conscience the way this thread is doing right now, then that's how it will be delivered. Eradication of religion will be a win for civilization and critical thinking. Tough love can sometimes be effective, hakuna kubembeleza watu, it's for their own good. I don't have time to massage anybody's ego when it's evident that religion is pulling us back into the dark ages, i will call it like i see it, if you are waiting for me to mince my words so you can judge my intelligence from my "tolerance and decorum" then don't hold your breath because it's not happening anytime soon. Religion is a major major reason for poverty, destitution and brainwashing and i don't have time for woiye stories. How about that for a "display of tolerance, decorum and manners?" - NOT. smile

Like I said,I believe you think you are intelligent but emotional appeals will only get you so far.smile

Incase you haven't noticed, i always ignore you and tycho because you two need to get psychiatric evaluation ASAP. You two are freaking looneys. Lol. See a shrink and then maybe i will debate you. Crazy ass mother lovers. Hehehe.

Seems like the number of things you tolerate is shrinking. For me, I accept you, and hence I don't need to debate you. I'd prefer a conversation instead. A shrink would prefer a conversation too. An intelligent person would prefer debate to conversation because of insecurity and lack of clarity.

You doubt your choice but it's the fuel that drives and justifies your ambition and sense of achievement. That's why you lash out.

You're killing yourself softly. That's what tycho's shrink says is the matter with you. And that it's normal and okay.

My friends.
Anti_Burglar
#102 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 9:42:35 AM

githundi wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
githundi wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
githundi wrote:
@hamburglar, with the last post, you have crossed the line...'that is being abusive. ..non tolerance has no room in the civilised world you claim to belong.
You have to learn to be and let others be. We live in a socially and spiritually diverse world.

What line? He has asked legitimate questions that instead of wasting time you could have answered even with an I Don't Know. You cannot stifle free thought with your imaginary lines.

Your freedom of thought ends where others right to have the same in a non-abusive and non degrading environment.
You can't call statements like. ...'these weak minded religious zealots....'
freedom of thought

Lets make a compromise. Stop such a thought then.

Yes...That's why I couldn't let such abusive thoughts to continue...Let's not allow this kind of abusive and intolerant thoughts to continue. .. especially when it comes from the more 'learned' from whom much more is expected.

Alright.
tycho
#103 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 9:57:08 AM

Swenani wrote:

On this one I'm with Burglar,The papacy and the catholic church are the biggest joke of the religion.

Most of Christianity if not all of it is rooted in the Catholic church. The way of the Protestant is a reaction to the Pope. So there's little that a Protestant can summon to show the purity of his ways. If anything Protestantism is out doing the Catholic church in it's 'crimes'.

If it's a matter of thinking and conversing about religion then we can open up to the topic without partiality and venom.

marko
#104 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 10:17:23 AM

Uhunye leading mugithi at Kasarani.
WHO DARES WINS
alma1
#105 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 10:19:08 AM

Pope's "allegations" about Land Grabbers and "private developers" are very distasteful.

He all but called this people a danger to humanity.

I'm waiting for another gov't delegation to be sent to the Hague for calling Kenyans bad people for stealing school grounds. It's obvious he was a Cord mole all along.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Swenani
#106 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 10:24:50 AM

tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:

On this one I'm with Burglar,The papacy and the catholic church are the biggest joke of the religion.

Most of Christianity if not all of it is rooted in the Catholic church. The way of the Protestant is a reaction to the Pope. So there's little that a Protestant can summon to show the purity of his ways. If anything Protestantism is out doing the Catholic church in it's 'crimes'.

If it's a matter of thinking and conversing about religion then we can open up to the topic without partiality and venom.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Most of Christianity of rooted in JC apart from Catholic.

Potestants was a reaction to the papacy and catholics joke and hence they can't outdo the catholics

A true protestant should believe in JC and hold the following beliefs
1.The bible is the only authority on christian matters
2. Only God can provide Grace
3. Salvation is through a personal relationship with JC and GOD
4. JC is the only go in between man and God
5. Glory and honour only goes to God
6.Only God is infallible

Hii ya catholic and pope is clearly the opposite of the above
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
nakujua
#107 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 10:40:59 AM

Mukiri wrote:
How about we focus on the Pope, for now, and later we can have side-shows with attention seekers?

Too much tension and adversity in Kenya, some of us never see the good in anything.
Thiong'o
#108 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 11:22:22 AM

ecstacy
#109 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 11:35:47 AM

Kasarani, best speech so far by a mile.
ecstacy
#110 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 11:38:44 AM

"Corrupt‬ people do not live in peace"
KulaRaha
#111 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 11:39:09 AM

Tomorrow, the crooks will be back in business, and their sycophants will be here defending them.

Sinners and snakes!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
ecstacy
#112 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 11:41:47 AM

The Kenya County Governors seated at the VIP section not applauding the Pontifex speech on corruption. lol
KulaRaha
#113 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 11:43:45 AM

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Muheani
#114 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 11:46:11 AM

i Love the speeches...but Man...
we should have taken latin/spanish classes...

tycho
#115 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 12:01:25 PM

Swenani wrote:
tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Potestants was a reaction to the papacy and catholics joke and hence they can't outdo the catholics

6.Only God is infallible

Even if this list was true, Protestants would find it hard to show they adhere to it. Catholics would show quite easily that they follow it.

The Pope visiting Kenya isn't about raising theological contention. If anything these issues you're raising have been around even before Kenya came to existence.

What we have now is a visit by a head of State. A State with which we have diplomatic relations, and besides, we need not be kind and respectful only to those who please our individual sensibilities.

I have no business to go see the Pope, and I also have no business to disrupt those who are celebrating his visit.

As for religion I'd not even take any dogma for granted. That's something that needs serious investigation and impartiality.
madhaquer
#116 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 12:44:38 PM

tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:

6.Only God is infallible

Even if this list was true, Protestants would find it hard to show they adhere to it. Catholics would show quite easily that they follow it.

The Pope visiting Kenya isn't about raising theological contention. If anything these issues you're raising have been around even before Kenya came to existence.

What we have now is a visit by a head of State. A State with which we have diplomatic relations, and besides, we need not be kind and respectful only to those who please our individual sensibilities.

I have no business to go see the Pope, and I also have no business to disrupt those who are celebrating his visit.

As for religion I'd not even take any dogma for granted. That's something that needs serious investigation and impartiality.

The Catholic church is one of the most successful institutions from the perspective of:
1. Controlling the masses. Over 1.2 billion followers. This institution has been very instrumental in spreading Christianity in the world, whether their message is right or wrong is irrelevant.
2. Institutional longevity. It is over 2000 years old... is there an known organization older than this one ?
3. Development and Humanitarian Projects. Schools, clean water projects, hospitals... over 25% of hospitals in the world are Catholic owned.
4. Wealth and Finances. This is one institution swimming in money and prime real estate.

However way you look at it, whether secular or religious, the Catholic Church has been very successful.
Fyatu
#117 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 1:33:11 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
despite his humbleness Papa is 1000 fold bigger than Obama or any other sitting United states or Russian president. He is even bigger than the Queen of England (who is 100 fold bigger than any other sitting US president.Lesson of the day/century..you don't have to fly airforce 1, or ride the beast to be the most powerful man in the world. Even the Chinese respect this man

What makes him bigger than all those people you have mentioned? The fact that he is riding around in a cheap car? A lot of people drive cheap cars and even more walk from place to place, are they bigger than Obama and the queen? What contribution has the pope added to the world? And what is the significance of the Chinese respecting somebody? You say it like it's some big deal when the Chinese respect someone. Do the Chinese respecting him make him important? Did you take a poll to conclude that the Chinese people respect him or is it just one of those unsubtianated things your religious freaks say to convince yourself of your many delusional myths? This is very unfortunate reasoning. The brown nosing of this conman that can't perform shit is out of hand. He is just a regular guy who has absolutely no magical powers. None whatsoever. There is no difference between the pope and some guy in Gachie, they are both mortal dudes who can't perform any miracles and can't do shit that nobody else can't do. He is useless, just some schmuck who loves the attention he is getting from gullible folks like you.

Too bad for me, i live in a country full of religious zealots who will inconvenience my daily activities immensely the next few days, just so they can go see a regular joe doing and saying nothing of value to anybody on this earth.

Just like thousands or is it millions of the poor masses of KE, i am still high on the (h)opium...This is a disclaimer. No wazuan should take my comments seriously
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
hardwood
#118 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 3:24:51 PM

kiash
#119 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 3:28:37 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
despite his humbleness Papa is 1000 fold bigger than Obama or any other sitting United states or Russian president. He is even bigger than the Queen of England (who is 100 fold bigger than any other sitting US president.Lesson of the day/century..you don't have to fly airforce 1, or ride the beast to be the most powerful man in the world. Even the Chinese respect this man

What makes him bigger than all those people you have mentioned? The fact that he is riding around in a cheap car? A lot of people drive cheap cars and even more walk from place to place, are they bigger than Obama and the queen? What contribution has the pope added to the world? And what is the significance of the Chinese respecting somebody? You say it like it's some big deal when the Chinese respect someone. Do the Chinese respecting him make him important? Did you take a poll to conclude that the Chinese people respect him or is it just one of those unsubtianated things your religious freaks say to convince yourself of your many delusional myths? This is very unfortunate reasoning. The brown nosing of this conman that can't perform shit is out of hand. He is just a regular guy who has absolutely no magical powers. None whatsoever. There is no difference between the pope and some guy in Gachie, they are both mortal dudes who can't perform any miracles and can't do shit that nobody else can't do. He is useless, just some schmuck who loves the attention he is getting from gullible folks like you.

Too bad for me, i live in a country full of religious zealots who will inconvenience my daily activities immensely the next few days, just so they can go see a regular joe doing and saying nothing of value to anybody on this earth.

@Humurglar, you know you can write sense and people will stop reading when they get to the point where you start wrting 'shit' You have raised genuine points on your several posts but please dont destroy the pleausure of reading before we finish.Who knows the current pope is trying to fight it off with powerful cardinals (who played a major part in his election) because they live in expensive appartments in Vatican ,have servants working for them and all this money is paid for by the church.

I for one stopped this thing about Holy father when i came to learn that actually the pope is elected by cardinals, just like a Njuri Ncheke sitting and electing their leader. I used to think is a God appointment this ati the smoke is a sign from God.Some of the cardinals have questionable characters from corruption,Child porn and marriage and other evils.
The pope is in the same boat with Uhunye they are fighting the same war but in a different magnitude.

Amen
sitaki.kujulikana
#120 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 9:12:55 PM

The Catholic church owns vast tracts of idle land, it's good to talk against the ills, but at least remove the log in your eye first.