wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<23456>»
Pope's Visit
githundi
#61 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 9:09:15 AM

@hamburglar, with the last post, you have crossed the line...'that is being abusive. ..non tolerance has no room in the civilised world you claim to belong.
You have to learn to be and let others be. We live in a socially and spiritually diverse world.
Democracy does not belong to the dead
githundi
#62 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 9:19:37 AM

The biggest cause of conflict and chaos in the world is that every human being believes is better than the other...at worst extremism ..#humility
And I can say this again.
Anti_Burglar
#63 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 9:28:39 AM

githundi wrote:
@hamburglar, with the last post, you have crossed the line...'that is being abusive. ..non tolerance has no room in the civilised world you claim to belong.
You have to learn to be and let others be. We live in a socially and spiritually diverse world.

What line? He has asked legitimate questions that instead of wasting time you could have answered even with an I Don't Know. You cannot stifle free thought with your imaginary lines.
githundi
#64 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 10:07:51 AM

Anti_Burglar wrote:
githundi wrote:

What line? He has asked legitimate questions that instead of wasting time you could have answered even with an I Don't Know. You cannot stifle free thought with your imaginary lines.

Your freedom of thought ends where others right to have the same in a non-abusive and non degrading environment.
You can't call statements like. ...'these weak minded religious zealots....'
freedom of thought
Much Know
#65 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 10:21:00 AM

githundi wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
githundi wrote:

Your freedom of thought ends where others right to have the same in a non-abusive and non degrading environment.
freedom of thought

These fellows who just come from Kenyanlist!!!
A New Kenya
Impunity
#66 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 10:21:19 AM

Where is Ndingi Mwana-Nzeki?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

hardwood
#67 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 10:53:53 AM

Here is the schedule for the trip as released by the Vatican Oct. 17. The times listed are local with Eastern Standard Time in parentheses:
Wednesday, Nov. 25 (Rome, Nairobi)
7:45 a.m. (1:45 a.m.) Departure from Rome's Fiumicino airport.
5 p.m. (9 a.m.) Arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, followed by a welcoming ceremony at Kenya's State House.
6 p.m. (10 a.m.) Courtesy visit with Kenya's president at the State House.
6:30 p.m. (10:30 a.m.) Meeting with Kenyan government officials and members of the diplomatic corps at the State House. Speech by pope.
Thursday, Nov. 26 (Nairobi)
8:15 a.m. (12:15 a.m.) Meeting with interreligious and ecumenical representatives at the apostolic nunciature in Nairobi. Speech by pope.
10 a.m. (2 a.m.) Mass on the campus of the University of Nairobi. Homily by pope.
3:45 p.m. (7:45 a.m.) Meeting with priests, religious and seminarians on the sports field of St Mary's School. Speech by pope.
5:30 p.m. (9:30 a.m.) Visit to the United Nations Office in Nairobi. Speech by pope.
Friday, Nov. 27 (Nairobi; Entebbe, Uganda)
8:30 a.m. (12:30 a.m.) Visit to the Kangemi neighborhood in Nairobi. Speech by pope.
10 a.m. (2 a.m.) Meeting with youths at Kasarani Stadium. Speech by pope.
11:15 a.m. (3:15 a.m.) Meeting with the bishops of Kenya in the stadium's VIP room.
3:10 p.m. (7:10 a.m.) Farewell ceremony at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
3:30 p.m. (7:30 a.m.) Departure from Nairobi for Entebbe, Uganda.
4:50 p.m. (8:50 a.m.) Arrival at Entebbe International Airport.
5:30 p.m. (9:30 a.m.) Courtesy visit with the president of Uganda in the State House in Entebbe.
6 p.m. (10 a.m.) Meeting with Ugandan authorities and members of the diplomatic corps in the conference room of the State House. Speech by pope.
7:15 p.m. (11:15 a.m.) Visit to Munyonyo and meeting with catechists and teachers. Greeting by pope.
Saturday, Nov. 28 (Namugongo, Kampala)
8:30 a.m. (12:30 a.m.) Visit to the Anglican martyrs' shrine at Namugongo.
9:00 a.m. (1 a.m.) Visit to the Catholic martyrs' shrine at Namugongo.
9:30 a.m. (1:30 a.m.) Mass for the martyrs of Uganda near the Catholic shrine. Homily by pope.
3:15 p.m. (7:15 a.m.) Meeting with young people at the Kololo airstrip in Kampala. Speech by pope.
5 p.m. (9 a.m.) Visit to the Nalukolongo House of Charity. Greeting by pope.
6 p.m. (10 a.m.) Meeting with the bishops of Uganda in the archbishop's residence.
7 p.m. (11 a.m.) Meeting with priests, religious and seminarians in Kampala's cathedral. Speech by pope.
Sunday, Nov. 29 (Entebbe; Bangui, Central African Republic)
9 a.m. (1 a.m.) Farewell ceremony at Entebbe airport.
9:15 a.m. (1:15 a.m.) Departure for Bangui.
10 a.m. (4 a.m.) Arrival at M'Poko International Airport in Bangui. Welcoming ceremony.
11 a.m. (5 a.m.) Courtesy visit with the country's transitional president in the presidential palace.
11:30 a.m. (5:30 a.m.) Meeting with leaders and with the diplomatic corps. Speech by pope.
12:15 p.m. (6:15 a.m.) Visit to a refugee camp.
1 p.m. (7 a.m.) Meeting with the bishops of the Central African Republic.
4 p.m. (10 a.m.) Meeting with evangelical communities at the evangelical theological school in Bangui. Speech by pope.
5 p.m. (11 a.m.) Mass with priests, religious, catechists and youths in the Bangui cathedral. Homily by pope.
7 p.m. (1 p.m.) Hearing the confessions of some young people and beginning a prayer vigil outside the cathedral. Speech by pope.
Monday, Nov. 30
8:15 a.m. (2:15 a.m.) Meeting with the Muslim community at the Koudoukou mosque in Bangui. Speech by pope.
9:30 a.m. (3:30 a.m.) Mass in the Barthelemy Boganda Stadium. Homily by pope.
12:15 p.m. (6:15 a.m.) Farewell ceremony at M'Poko International Airport.
12:30 p.m. (6:30 a.m.) Departure for Rome.
6:45 p.m. (12:45 p.m.) Arrival at Rome's Ciampino airport.
sparkly
#68 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 10:59:10 AM

hamburglar wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
I know i will probably get a lot of flack for saying this but i am used to it by now. Hehehe. I am really wondering, apart from inconveniencing us for the next few days and making traffic and our lives on the roads hell (pun intended) how does this pope guy's visit add any value to our country? Am really struggling to find any significance of this visit? Isn't this pope guy just some regular schmuck flying around country to country telling people a bunch of nothing? I have seen on TV saying that the pope blessed a severely disfigured man and blessed a child, washed people's feet, isn't that something that any regular dude can do? I mean, i can wash like 50 people's feet, and "bless" like 5000 disfigured people and children, what will that prove? What does his washing people's feet prove?

If Mr. Francis had healed that severely disfigured man, then i might have been the first one to arrive at UON grounds tomorrow for the service or whatever the hell that is going to be, but the guy has absolutely no divine powers at all, is just a regular con. Can't do any miracles. Lol. It's amazing that over a million people will go listen to this guy who posseses no godly powers talk about things that don't add any value to their lives. After the pope leaves, all the poor people that he will have "blessed" will still remain poor and all the disfigured people will still be disfigured. I am willing to bet my left arm on that. I mean, anybody can wash feet, lol, i just don't know why it's special when this conman washes feet. Will he also turn water into wine? Does anybody know? That might actually make me go, i do like me some wine, maybe we can drink and party a little bit after the crusade. Mukiri, do you know if there will be miracle wine? smile

smile I'll make you a deal... Buy me a bottle of Angostura Bitters, and I'll write 'MIRACLE' on your bottles of wine.

Hahaha. Thanks but no thanks. I want the wine that has been turned from water. I have bought a bunch of mtungis of water and i hope we can really party after the mass. Am just waiting for Franco to give me the go ahead ndio nilete hizo mitungi huko. Everybody come down to UON grounds, Mukiri says the pope will turn plenty of water into wine. Leo tutakunywa kukunywa. Alafu, Mukiri and the other guy up there who says that am disrespecting the pope (forgot their name), question, since people won't have food at the mass, do you think Franco can pull that other miracle of feeding over a million people with fish and bread? If he can, tell him to do Elliots bread, it goes well with fish.

Ok. Am having too much fun ridiculing these weak minded religious zealots, let me go do more productive things even though half of the roads are closed because of a useless man being around. Jeez, it's raining too, just peeked outside the window. Will Franco pray away the rain so he can have a good mass ama hana hizo powers? Laughing out loudly

You need some light in your otherwise very dark world
Life is short. Live passionately.
Swenani
#69 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:20:25 AM

sparkly wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
I know i will probably get a lot of flack for saying this but i am used to it by now. Hehehe. I am really wondering, apart from inconveniencing us for the next few days and making traffic and our lives on the roads hell (pun intended) how does this pope guy's visit add any value to our country? Am really struggling to find any significance of this visit? Isn't this pope guy just some regular schmuck flying around country to country telling people a bunch of nothing? I have seen on TV saying that the pope blessed a severely disfigured man and blessed a child, washed people's feet, isn't that something that any regular dude can do? I mean, i can wash like 50 people's feet, and "bless" like 5000 disfigured people and children, what will that prove? What does his washing people's feet prove?

If Mr. Francis had healed that severely disfigured man, then i might have been the first one to arrive at UON grounds tomorrow for the service or whatever the hell that is going to be, but the guy has absolutely no divine powers at all, is just a regular con. Can't do any miracles. Lol. It's amazing that over a million people will go listen to this guy who posseses no godly powers talk about things that don't add any value to their lives. After the pope leaves, all the poor people that he will have "blessed" will still remain poor and all the disfigured people will still be disfigured. I am willing to bet my left arm on that. I mean, anybody can wash feet, lol, i just don't know why it's special when this conman washes feet. Will he also turn water into wine? Does anybody know? That might actually make me go, i do like me some wine, maybe we can drink and party a little bit after the crusade. Mukiri, do you know if there will be miracle wine? smile

smile I'll make you a deal... Buy me a bottle of Angostura Bitters, and I'll write 'MIRACLE' on your bottles of wine.

Hahaha. Thanks but no thanks. I want the wine that has been turned from water. I have bought a bunch of mtungis of water and i hope we can really party after the mass. Am just waiting for Franco to give me the go ahead ndio nilete hizo mitungi huko. Everybody come down to UON grounds, Mukiri says the pope will turn plenty of water into wine. Leo tutakunywa kukunywa. Alafu, Mukiri and the other guy up there who says that am disrespecting the pope (forgot their name), question, since people won't have food at the mass, do you think Franco can pull that other miracle of feeding over a million people with fish and bread? If he can, tell him to do Elliots bread, it goes well with fish.

Ok. Am having too much fun ridiculing these weak minded religious zealots, let me go do more productive things even though half of the roads are closed because of a useless man being around. Jeez, it's raining too, just peeked outside the window. Will Franco pray away the rain so he can have a good mass ama hana hizo powers? Laughing out loudly

You need some light in your otherwise very dark world

I agree, he needs light but that light shouldn't come from the pope...The biggest moral high ground fallacy
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Anti_Burglar
#70 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:35:08 AM

Much Know wrote:
githundi wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
githundi wrote:

freedom of thought

These fellows who just come from Kenyanlist!!!

Know Nothing, I have been here longer than you.
Anti_Burglar
#71 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:38:39 AM

githundi wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
githundi wrote:

freedom of thought

Lets make a compromise. Stop such a thought then.
Njunge
#72 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:39:43 AM

Swenani wrote:
[quote=sparkly][quote=hamburglar][quote=Mukiri][quote=hamburglar]

I agree, he needs light but that light shouldn't come from the pope...The biggest moral high ground fallacy

I think no one really cares where poor Humbarglar gets light from but many of as agree he is in dire need of light.He can as well borrow (Not that M-kopa thing).smile
Swenani
#73 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:47:59 AM

Was the pope aware that the drinking hours during public holidays is from 2.00Pm?

Njunge
#74 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:54:02 AM

It would take a thorough beating to force a Kenyan leader into that car.
Swenani
#75 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:56:29 AM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Mukiri
#76 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 12:04:00 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

If anything, atleast the Pope's visit has got you all happy and excited, notwithstanding that you derive said feelings from mockery and contempt. That in itself is more than enough. smile

Maybe we can share similar feelings when the head of (what do you call what you attest to?) comes visiting.

Proverbs 19:21
githundi
#77 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 12:04:13 PM

Anti_Burglar wrote:
githundi wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
githundi wrote:

freedom of thought

Lets make a compromise. Stop such a thought then.

Yes...That's why I couldn't let such abusive thoughts to continue...Let's not allow this kind of abusive and intolerant thoughts to continue. .. especially when it comes from the more 'learned' from whom much more is expected.
Mukiri
#78 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 12:08:51 PM

That was a lovely mass. That our Pope, is a man of short and straight to the point words. The choir out-did itself too.

Proverbs 19:21
hardwood
#79 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 12:55:54 PM

hardwood
#80 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 1:17:22 PM

Nice: