Martha Karua
murchr
#141 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 12:54:06 AM

Swenani wrote:
murchr wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Ash Ock wrote:
British American Tobacco 'bribed' Kenyan politician Martha Karua to stop action against cigarette smuggling

Quote:
One of the UK’s biggest companies made secret political donations to a presidential candidate in Africa in a bid to block a rival firm winning a multimillion-pound contract.

British American Tobacco (BAT) paid £50,000 to Kenyan politician Martha Karua, a former Justice Minister, to prevent a rival company supplying Kenya with technology to combat cigarette smuggling.

In return for the donations, paid in cash via a middle man, BAT obtained key confidential Kenyan Revenue Authority (KRA) documents outlining the £100m five-year contract for new technology designed to stamp out tobacco smuggling. They then had the contract deliberately delayed while they secretly lobbied to get their own system chosen.

ndossier kali sana kuliko ya Wets. Waiting for Swenani's press conference

Safi kama pamba

Quote:
I am aware that a businessman whose name I remember as Paul (Hopkins) affiliated with BAT made what I understood to be a personal donation to my presidential campaign. At no time did I ever discuss the award or influence of contracts/tenders whether at KRA or indeed within any other government entity with Paul or anyone else

Quote:
My recollection is that Paul’s donation was about Sh2m. If any person within my campaign team or beyond purported to accept a donation in exchange for influence of government procurement (they were) acting beyond the scope of their authority, without my knowledge and in their individual capacity not for me or my campaign

Quote:
Furthermore, Ms Karua also said Ms M’Mukindia did not tell her she had met with BAT officers. Separately, in a series of Twitter posts, Ms Karua asked her followers to be patient. “Do not celebrate my pain too early I shall be vindicated

Hio "donation" ndio bribe.

She was not aware that she was being bribed, She thought the Paul was making a personal donation not a corporate donation

They all say that, its a script Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
PeterReborn
#142 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 8:49:40 AM

murchr wrote:
Swenani wrote:
murchr wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Ash Ock wrote:
British American Tobacco 'bribed' Kenyan politician Martha Karua to stop action against cigarette smuggling

Quote:
One of the UK’s biggest companies made secret political donations to a presidential candidate in Africa in a bid to block a rival firm winning a multimillion-pound contract.

British American Tobacco (BAT) paid £50,000 to Kenyan politician Martha Karua, a former Justice Minister, to prevent a rival company supplying Kenya with technology to combat cigarette smuggling.

In return for the donations, paid in cash via a middle man, BAT obtained key confidential Kenyan Revenue Authority (KRA) documents outlining the £100m five-year contract for new technology designed to stamp out tobacco smuggling. They then had the contract deliberately delayed while they secretly lobbied to get their own system chosen.

ndossier kali sana kuliko ya Wets. Waiting for Swenani's press conference

Safi kama pamba

Quote:
I am aware that a businessman whose name I remember as Paul (Hopkins) affiliated with BAT made what I understood to be a personal donation to my presidential campaign. At no time did I ever discuss the award or influence of contracts/tenders whether at KRA or indeed within any other government entity with Paul or anyone else

Quote:
My recollection is that Paul’s donation was about Sh2m. If any person within my campaign team or beyond purported to accept a donation in exchange for influence of government procurement (they were) acting beyond the scope of their authority, without my knowledge and in their individual capacity not for me or my campaign

Quote:
Furthermore, Ms Karua also said Ms M’Mukindia did not tell her she had met with BAT officers. Separately, in a series of Twitter posts, Ms Karua asked her followers to be patient. “Do not celebrate my pain too early I shall be vindicated

Hio "donation" ndio bribe.

She was not aware that she was being bribed, She thought the Paul was making a personal donation not a corporate donation

They all say that, its a script Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Double standards.I thought you said Waiguru should take political responsibility for the behavior of her juniors.What's so special about wangari?
Consistency is better than intensity
sitaki.kujulikana
#143 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 11:52:25 AM

the Uk is doing UK and risasi a big favor, wets and mk will look like clowns talking against corruption, though wet seems not to mind with his big ego and threats to sue everybody.

This corruption agenda has been turned into just a game now, very few will take it seriously which plays into the duo's hands.

I have seen the deputy has started taking on risasi directly, shielding his boss, and risasi being addicted to the mud slinging games can not resist getting into one.
FRM2011
#144 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:16:08 AM

@Swenani, please help me understand your candidate. At the time the donation from paul Hopkins was received, Martha had been out of govt for 3 years.

Why isn't she tabling that as her main defence. The allegation is that she was to help Bat with some influence. Clearly, she was not in a position to influence anything at that time.

Now she wants Bat compelled to declare who else they donated money to. Who is running you PR ? He needs to be fired asap.
Lolest!
#145 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:42:26 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
@Swenani, please help me understand your candidate. At the time the donation from paul Hopkins was received, Martha had been out of govt for 3 years.

Why isn't she tabling that as her main defence. The allegation is that she was to help Bat with some influence. Clearly, she was not in a position to influence anything at that time.

Now she wants Bat compelled to declare who else they donated money to. Who is running you PR ? He needs to be fired asap.

She has a chance if she tables all her campaign funders including swenani's 5k

When was the donation received? The article didn't have such details!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
FRM2011
#146 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:18:33 AM

Lolest! wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

She has a chance if she tables all her campaign funders including swenani's 5k

When was the donation received? The article didn't have such details!

No media house has bothered to interrogate that very basic question that is at the heart of the allegations. The fact that it was campaign time would imply second half of 2012 onwards. Martha left govt in 2009. And yet the main accusation is that she was to assist in her capacity as justice minister.

On campaign funding, if it were to be made public, we would all bow down in shame.
kollabo
#147 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:45:28 PM

Accountability and credibility go hand in hand. Publish the accounts madam.

Otherwise media excuses, accusing Jubilee and threats to sue BAT shows the reports are valid.
Swenani
#148 Posted : Sunday, January 03, 2016 10:13:19 PM

Two years to Martha Karua presidency.

Happy new year from Team Martha Karua on Wazua
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
washiku
#149 Posted : Monday, January 04, 2016 1:15:56 AM

Swenani wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Karua? President in 2017? You got jokes.
kaka2za
#150 Posted : Monday, January 04, 2016 7:44:15 AM

washiku wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Karua? President in 2017? You got jokes.

It is possible. He has not said President of the Republic. She might replace Nyamweya as President of FKF
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Lolest!
#151 Posted : Monday, January 04, 2016 9:15:32 AM

kaka2za wrote:
washiku wrote:
Swenani wrote:

It is possible. He has not said President of the Republic. She might replace Nyamweya as President of FKF

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Reminds me of the story of some US politician who went to inform his mum of his intentions to vie for presidency

Him: Mum, I want to vie for Presidency

Her: Of What???
Lolest!
#152 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 6:47:46 PM

GBM Kariuki claims Martha ensured he was maliciously prosecuted after he 'dumped' her http://www.sde.co.ke/m/t...onship-with-her?pageNo=2
Swenani
#153 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 7:59:50 PM

[quote=Lolest!]GBM Kariuki claims Martha ensured he was maliciously prosecuted after he 'dumped' her http://www.sde.co.ke/m/t...nship-with-her?pageNo=2[/quote]

He deserved it
kaka2za
#154 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:56:49 AM

Swenani wrote:
[quote=Lolest!]GBM Kariuki claims Martha ensured he was maliciously prosecuted after he 'dumped' her http://www.sde.co.ke/m/t...nship-with-her?pageNo=2[/quote]

He deserved it

So ukikataa unafungwa?
Huyu ataweka Kunjuga rights kwa Katiba!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Njung'e
#155 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 12:08:43 PM

kaka2za wrote:
washiku wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ....president of balls.She gets my vote.smile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Swenani
#156 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 10:20:06 AM

Money has been poured by UK and Babu

Njung'e
#157 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 10:44:00 AM

Swenani wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly .There is a saying, "ihii itithia uthoni". She can't blame Nation FM and Star without this in mind. Now that she joined canaries,she must learn to be one.Poor woman.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Risasi Sufuri
#158 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 11:40:24 AM

Njung'e wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly .There is a saying, "ihii itithia uthoni". She can't blame Nation FM and Star without this in mind. Now that she joined canaries,she must learn to be one.Poor woman.

Babu might decide to say MK ToshaLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly and be remembered for granting this Nation the first female occupant of the house on the hill.
kollabo
#159 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 12:08:55 PM

Swenani wrote:

A Senatorial candidate with a Law degree should at least try get her spelling right.
keraka
#160 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 12:40:01 PM

kollabo wrote:
Swenani wrote:

A Senatorial candidate with a Law degree should at least try get her spelling right.

Pointing out spelling mistakes in simple tweets as long as the message is passed across is not necessary.Reveiw the timelines of most lawyers and youll agree with me.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.