wazua Tue, May 14, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

SK Admin - evolve this site
Djinn
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:50:00 PM

I see great potential in this site to both generate traffic and attract good advertising revenue. The content already drives considerable views/hits to this page (and I do not mean the ticker tape up there,not the serious 'Investments' section.

Most common items I see here:

-Land for sale/wanted
- Cars for Sale/Wanted
- Need legal/personal/medical/financial advice (and we've actually seen a renown dermatologist pop up in the discussions)
- Need counselling (and people give it free,some with good humour which may be what was needed in the first place)
- Healthcare (diets,gym,hospitals,etc)
- Business Ideas - start ups,farming,exporting
and
- (drumroll) - Safaricom modems,3G cards,tariff offers,packages,t-shirts,caps,underwear,etc.

OK that last item was for nuisance value but still - please consider evolving this site - its timely to do so now.

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
Layman
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 11:17:00 AM

What exactly are you asking SK to do?

The future is already here!
kamaumash
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:28:00 PM

Posted my advert and after one day it was removed,and there are some advert for the sale of land which have bn on this site for entire wk,wondering if we are supposed to pay a fee for placing an adv and how much .

invest slowly on a monthly basis dont wait till ati u get millions
Djinn
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:24:00 PM

@Layman,if I may elucidate (though I'd surmise that the point was rather obvious) - SK attracts a certain demographic (investors and perhaps some high net worth people if you like). From time to time we have seen people offering property for sale (cars,land,etc). Just look at the most commented on posts and see the number of views. if DT Dobie wanted to position a new Xtrail - an ad in the Nation (costs say 100k) would reach a million - out of whom the target market for an Xtrail is just a handful of those readers - for one twentieth or one fortieth the cost and for a duration of a week,its more worth their while to put a banner ad here since the 2,000 or so visitors/members here are eligible by virtue of being investors or high net worth people. That is just the advertising aspect - the members contribute the content free of charge (and the site owner too may evolve the site into an investor news and info site). The users can be charged for putting classifieds alongside the discussions (or be levied a membership fee). I see there is that option for classifieds but the traffic here is mainly investors (not businesses) - a consumer segment. Then,if there is a discussion about cars,the relevant classifieds can pop up on the side and the DT Dobie banner too can pop up (triggered by key words). Ditto real estate,housing,land,etc. SK is also a site with lots of info about relationships,health,cars,etc.

All I see are ads by google

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
Obi 1 Kanobi
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:53:00 PM

I hear you @djinn,a very savvy idea,but the adverts should be very passive,many people don't like commercial intrution,no matter how well intentioned.

I bet many copycats are already dusting their sites business plan to add a new paragraph.

I've noticed the youth in particular coming in to a workplace with a completely outsized notion of their own value and importance... just a thinly-veiled arrogance. May be the credit crunch induced recession is whats needed to remind us all about the value of hard work.... By Anonymous
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
wanyo
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2009 9:54:00 AM

Me think your site is great.

but do something on the search engine. i would want to click @search box and type what i want but not first delete 'Enter your search terms....'
i too
sweetie
#7 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2009 11:03:00 AM

I agree with Djinn. this site has had the same format for just too long. Time to evolve the site to include such sections as: for sale and wanted,advice corner etc. SK admin,are you listening?
simonkabz
#8 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2009 6:00:00 PM

@sweetie,just save ua sweet breath. Its an utter waste of valuable time with these guys.

Can silence be misquoted?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!