wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Why are you still in the stock market?
mv_ufanisi
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:32:22 AM

Government T-Bills can give you 20+% risk free. Is there any rationale to put your money in the NSE?
streetwise
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:45:45 AM

All things held constant no reason at all, other than a gambling mentality
Impunity
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:04:56 AM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
Government T-Bills can give you 20+% risk free. Is there any rationale to put your money in the NSE?

@Wailer said juzi that the rate will start sinking from today, lets wait and see.
Anyway its not easy to pick any stock which can promise and give a profit of 20%,even if you add both dividend and capital gain...within the next year; for speculators.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Ericsson
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:06:05 AM

Rates will only start sinking when the dollar is at 95 and below to the ksh.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:07:07 AM

Repayment of debt is ksh.600bn in the financial year 2015/2016.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
maka
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:09:38 AM

Impunity wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:

@Wailer said juzi that the rate will start sinking from today, lets wait and see.
Anyway its not easy to pick any stock which can promise and give a profit of 20%,even if you add both dividend and capital gain...within the next year; for speculators.

Wonder how he came to that....this fellows are too shifty...
possunt quia posse videntur
kayhara
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:29:35 AM

mv_ufanisi wrote:

Only because all my counters are deep in the red zone, I have to hold untill things look up which by looks of things is maybe 2025
To Each His Own
heri
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:41:13 AM

kayhara wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:

Only because all my counters are deep in the red zone, I have to hold untill things look up which by looks of things is maybe 2025
smile smile Surely i hope your prediction is wrong. but who knows with this gaarment
MaichBlack
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 12:20:27 PM

One thing that is far much worse than paper losses is selling the shares, booking the losses planning to invest elsewhere and later use the same money to "buy back" your shares only for the prices to head north in the meantime!!!

A smart investor BUYS shares at a discount! Not SELLING his/her shares at a discount hoping for even better discounts!! Utalilia kwa choo.

If you have hard cash though, you are justified to invest elsewhere in the meantime.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
agile
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 12:37:33 PM

The rate hike is a monetary prescription to a fiscal problem the gobament is currently facing. the universal truth is that equities have always outperformed other investment vehicles. on the premise of being a long term horizon investor, yeah it makes truckloads of sense to be in equities......patience & foresight guys!!!!
Othelo
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 12:50:47 PM

Who made money in stocks during Moi a error??? I believe we are headed there smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
MaichBlack
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 1:30:30 PM

Othelo wrote:
Who made money in stocks during Moi a error??? I believe we are headed there smile

Very many people starting with those who bought into Kenya Airways when it was privatized. Too bad @Obiero was not one of them!!

You guys need to take a chill pill. Relax!!! It is not doomsday. It is just another buying season!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
jerry
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 1:47:26 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

Very many people starting with those who bought into Kenya Airways when it was privatized. Too bad @Obiero was not one of them!!

You guys need to take a chill pill. Relax!!! It is not doomsday. It is just another buying season!!!

These are exciting times that will make millionaires and billionaires.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
mv_ufanisi
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 1:56:58 PM

jerry wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

These are exciting times that will make millionaires and billionaires.

these times will also create paupers and a lot of people who lose their shirts. no smart money is going to go into equities when government can give you 20+% guaranteed. as long as the rates stay this high equities will be depressed. you gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them ...
mv_ufanisi
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 2:12:28 PM

at the rate at which the market is declining, I wonder how the traditionally low months of Dec and Jan will look like. The current government is clearly inept at managing the economy. With 20%+ rates, growth will take a big hit, creating a negative spiral effect. pity the guys with loans who will soon be defaulting on them, banks simply will simply move their lending to the government, small businesses will have a hard time getting credit, creating a similar situation that we got used to under the Moi regime. when you hire incompetent people to run the show ...
Lolest!
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 3:12:10 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
One thing that is far much worse than paper losses is selling the shares, booking the losses planning to invest elsewhere and later use the same money to "buy back" your shares only for the prices to head north in the meantime!!!

A smart investor BUYS shares at a discount! Not SELLING his/her shares at a discount hoping for even better discounts!! Utalilia kwa choo.

If you have hard cash though, you are justified to invest elsewhere in the meantime.

Applause Applause
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Impunity
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 3:55:18 PM

agile wrote:
The rate hike is a monetary prescription to a fiscal problem the gobament is currently facing. the universal truth is that equities have always outperformed other investment vehicles. on the premise of being a long term horizon investor, yeah it makes truckloads of sense to be in equities......patience & foresight guys!!!!

For guys like @Obiero who bough KQ in 2007 when its kes. 118 and now KQ is kes.5.30, how patient will they be?
Sad

mawinder
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:15:42 PM

Impunity wrote:
agile wrote:

For guys like @Obiero who bough KQ in 2007 when its kes. 118 and now KQ is kes.5.30, how patient will they be?
Sad

The pain of NSE.Time to hold cash and around JUly next year unleash cash and if handled well you may graduate from Harrier to a 2016 Rangerover
Impunity
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:50:21 PM

mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
agile wrote:

Sad

The pain of NSE.Time to hold cash and around JUly next year unleash cash and if handled well you may graduate from Harrier to a 2016 Rangerover

Push the hold period till end of November next year...stocks will be dirt cheap.

I missed the 2008 gravy millionaire train, I will prepare well in advance to board this next one.

ION: I saw with my own meager eyes a colleague becoming a dollar-millionaire overnight when Equity share reached the highest pick ever followed by a share split, around 2008/9.

instinct
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:20:59 PM

Impunity wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
agile wrote:

Sad

Push the hold period till end of November next year...stocks will be dirt cheap.

I missed the 2008 gravy millionaire train, I will prepare well in advance to board this next one.

ION: I saw with my own meager eyes a colleague becoming a dollar-millionaire overnight when Equity share reached the highest pick ever followed by a share split, around 2008/9.

I always knew that a time would come when stock prices will fall to enable me buy and double my money after two years smile what i dint know is that such a time would be surrounded by fear and hopelessness and limited access to credit that the only sensible thing to do is to sit back and do nothing Pray