wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<56789>
KNH is not for the faint hearted
Intelligentsia
#121 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 1:01:00 PM

I refuse to blame the neuro-surgeon, but rather the medic staff who prepare the patient for the theatre table.

How would the neuro-surgeon have known the patient who had been wheeled into the theatre and lay partially covered on the table is the right or wrong one, until he opened up the cranium and saw no blood clot?

hardwood
#122 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 1:33:16 PM

Intelligentsia wrote:

I refuse to blame the neuro-surgeon, but rather the medic staff who prepare the patient for the theatre table.

How would the neuro-surgeon have known the patient who had been wheeled into the theatre and lay partially covered on the table is the right or wrong one, until he opened up the cranium and saw no blood clot?

I believe that there must be procedures the surgeon undertakes to confirm that the patient he is about to operate is the right one. Even a mechanic doesn't overhaul the engine of any car he finds with the bonnet open in his yard - and then blames watu wa mkono. He has to first confirm that he is overhauling the right engine.
masukuma
#123 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 1:55:55 PM

hardwood wrote:
Intelligentsia wrote:

I believe that there must be procedures the surgeon undertakes to confirm that the patient he is about to operate is the right one. Even a mechanic doesn't overhaul the engine of any car he finds with the bonnet open in his yard - and then blames watu wa mkono. He has to first confirm that he is overhauling the right engine.

a butcher does not socialize with the cattle he is about to work on!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
hardwood
#124 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 2:03:51 PM

masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Intelligentsia wrote:

A butcher may not, but a vet must know his cow.
masukuma
#125 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 3:50:55 PM

hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Intelligentsia wrote:

A butcher may not, but a vet must know his cow.

who said those guys are vets? check out the Title of this thread
Kusadikika
#126 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 4:13:55 PM

An unfortunate mistake happened and should never happen again but do not hate on KNH. These things happen even in the most developed countries:

http://www.dailymail.co....idney-surgeon-told.html

https://www.cnn.com/2016...rong-patient/index.html

http://www.news.com.au/l...4d1489debf0db7c2276b79b9
murchr
#127 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 5:09:20 PM

Koros And Clinical Services guy suspended
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Pesa Nane
#128 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 8:57:29 PM

c&p twitter
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
murchr
#129 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 10:05:58 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#130 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 10:55:19 PM

murchr wrote:
Koros And Clinical Services guy suspended

Great. The buck must stop somewhere.
Kusadikika
#131 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 12:07:48 AM

Mistakes like these are easy to fix. They can be fixed with processes and checklists. The problem with KNH and in healthcare in general is that there is hierarchy that is maintained by Huuuuuuuuge egos. There are people who are hard to talk to and cannot be corrected.
kaka2za
#132 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 4:38:28 AM

Shida ya Pre-Matiang'i graduates. Quite a number of the so called doctors cheated their way to and through med school.
The Surgeons are only qualified to be nurses at best while nurses should be the sweepers.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Swenani
#133 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 7:18:55 AM

Intelligentsia wrote:

You're among the few wazuans with a brain.
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
kaka2za
#134 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 9:36:49 AM

Swenani wrote:
Intelligentsia wrote:

Lucky him.He hasn't been to KNH otherwise they would sliced off some of it.
(James Russell Rowell)
Swenani
#135 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 9:58:35 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Shida ya Pre-Matiang'i graduates. Quite a number of the so called doctors cheated their way to and through med school.
The Surgeons are only qualified to be nurses at best while nurses should be the sweepers.

Kenya has some of the best doctors in Africa.

Don't mix up safety issues at KNH with doctors qualification
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
kaka2za
#136 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 12:47:32 PM

Swenani wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Kenya has some of the best doctors in Africa.

Don't mix up safety issues at KNH with doctors qualification

Kenya had the best doctors before 2005. Then we started dishing out grade A like confetti.
(James Russell Rowell)
Rahatupu
#137 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 5:13:34 PM

The problem at KNH IMHO is not the doctor's but rather the administrative and bureaucratic structures. Here the doctors have no say in how things function eg how dead bodies are removed from wards and the small protocols on how admission and patient care is undertaken. This is the reserve of the likes of Koros and co......who must ensure the simplest protocols are adhered to to the letter.
AlphDoti
#138 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 7:02:18 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Intelligentsia wrote:

Lucky him.He hasn't been to KNH otherwise they would sliced off some of it.

@intelligent, just like a pilot. A surgeon does not just walk into a theatre and operates... As @kusadikika says, there are processes and checklists, did he go through that? The problem is Huuuuuuuuge egos, where the surgeon feels he shouldn't go through the "usual" procedures. As @kusadikika says: these are people who are hard to talk to and cannot be corrected.

Can you imagine a pilot who feels he does not need to go through the checklist, just because it is the job of the men on the ground to fuel the plane!

How intelligent can that be @intelligent?
masukuma
#139 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2018 10:40:43 AM

This guy has just remembered he has been to KNH Public ward for head injuries
hardwood
#140 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2018 11:04:35 AM

By 2022, these idiots will have made luto unelectable.....

Quote:
Bring back Koros or you will be axed, Kericho MPs tell CS

https://www.the-star.co....cho-mps-tell-cs_c1724345