wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<45678>»
KNH is not for the faint hearted
Lolest!
#101 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:07:59 PM

Maandamano
Quote:
While the workers are demanding an apology for the rape accusations levelled against some of them, the women are there to condemn the alleged acts.

Morgue attendants have downed their tools and are currently at the gate facing off with the group of women protestors.

https://www.capitalfm.co...ers-face-off-protestors/
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
AlphDoti
#102 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:01:04 PM

murchr wrote:
stolen wrote:

"Why is everyone shocked with the happenings at KNH? Everything is rotten everywhere...
From the person who sells you sukumawiki after she has washed them in sewage to your boss who asked for a bribe for you to get that job. From the police who ask for bribes even when you have committed no traffic offence, to the high school principal who demanded 50k to accept your child in Form One..from fries' joints in town that use mafuta ya transformer to make your lunch 'appetizing' to the fruits sellers who use deadly formalin to force your favourite fruits to ripe even when they were harvested early. From your meat seller who sprays the same formalin around his butchery to keep the flies off to your milk seller who adds blue band in the milk to make it creamy. You have to be careful as you read this too, a thug will steal your phone!

Last weeks we complained about the transport sector, today we are complaining about health sector, tomorrow I bet, we shall realize the bread we buy in shops is not even bread! My friends, we are a shitty lot."

The sooner we own up, admit, acknowledge where we are as a country, the sooner we can find solution and recover... Otherwise, if we continue saying oh it is NASA who are lying about our transport system, oh it is NASA lying about our health sector etc etc... AS long as we are in denial, our situation will only get worse!

Kenyans we need to wake up, put tribalism or political affiliation aside and heal our country... We are in real sh*t!
essyk
#103 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:18:10 PM

I weep for this country
It's a pity.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
Fyatu
#104 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:43:32 PM

[quote=Lolest!]Maandamano
Quote:
While the workers are demanding an apology for the rape accusations levelled against some of them, the women are there to condemn the alleged acts.

Morgue attendants have downed their tools and are currently at the gate facing off with the group of women protestors.

https://www.capitalfm.co...rs-face-off-protestors/[/quote]

A step in the right direction....Kenyans should stop being complacent. If the government cannot help us, then there is no option than taking the law into our hands. Hii usenji lazima iishe...tumeshoka
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#105 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:48:23 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
murchr wrote:
stolen wrote:

"Why is everyone shocked with the happenings at KNH? Everything is rotten everywhere...
From the person who sells you sukumawiki after she has washed them in sewage to your boss who asked for a bribe for you to get that job. From the police who ask for bribes even when you have committed no traffic offence, to the high school principal who demanded 50k to accept your child in Form One..from fries' joints in town that use mafuta ya transformer to make your lunch 'appetizing' to the fruits sellers who use deadly formalin to force your favourite fruits to ripe even when they were harvested early. From your meat seller who sprays the same formalin around his butchery to keep the flies off to your milk seller who adds blue band in the milk to make it creamy. You have to be careful as you read this too, a thug will steal your phone!

Last weeks we complained about the transport sector, today we are complaining about health sector, tomorrow I bet, we shall realize the bread we buy in shops is not even bread! My friends, we are a shitty lot."

The sooner we own up, admit, acknowledge where we are as a country, the sooner we can find solution and recover... Otherwise, if we continue saying oh it is NASA who are lying about our transport system, oh it is NASA lying about our health sector etc etc... AS long as we are in denial, our situation will only get worse!

Kenyans we need to wake up, put tribalism or political affiliation aside and heal our country... We are in real sh*t!

I am 100% with you on this one. No more sitting around and brushing-off injustices and irregularities aside. A policeman taking a bribe on the road is NOT a normal occurrence. It is wrong.

Someone blocking the main water pipe so that you can buy water from honeysuckers is a criminal and effort should be made to find out who they are.

A matatu or bodaboda guy overlapping as if he/she is the one in the most hurry should be stopped and given kichapo cha mbwa msikitini...hii usenji iishe
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
FRM2011
#106 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:54:38 PM

hardwood wrote:
If someone was raped at KNH, what would be the chain of events?

1. scream mpaka the whole KNH comes to a standstill.
2.Alert your husband/partner that you have been raped.
3. Angry husband/partner storms KNH to rescue you.
4. report to KNH authorities.
5. report to the police.

None of this has happened for this supposed KNH rape saga. Thus it must be treated as fake chocho media news, until evidence is adduced.

May I suggest you go through the harrowing ordeals patients have gone through at knh. Being a mjuaji at KNH is the quickest way to lose your patient.

Imagine walking into the nursery and can't find your baby. You start questioning the nurses and one of them shouts, "kiherehere ni ya nini mama na mtoto wako alikufa ?" This is a true story from a mother who has been pursuing justice.

Those of us who understand culture and the role it plays in an organisation do not have any doubt that rape is happening at KNH. It would be shocking if it's not happening. The culture is rotten. It's the perfect environment for criminality to thrive. When nurses don't care about human life, what's the big deal with a few minutes of rape ? The rapist actually feels he is among the kindest people at the hospital.

You have to wonder how the management thought it's a good idea for their staff to down tools and organize a counter demo. The answer is in one word. Organization culture.
hardwood
#107 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 2:19:38 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Maandamano
Quote:

https://www.capitalfm.co...rs-face-off-protestors/

Why condemn a whole group of hospital workers (morgue attendants) as rapists even before hearing them or verifying the claims. These are career men and women with families and deserve respect. They deserve an apology. If one of them committed a crime, then let the law take its course. Not taking maandamano to the morgue and thus interfering with functions of the facility.

Lolest!
#108 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 9:31:50 AM

Quote:
When Mildred Owiso she spoke on KTN news on Saturday after her post had gathered a storm that galvanised women parliamentarians and other protesters, it became even more obvious she was peddling hearsay. In the absence of authoritative reports the hearsay became the real story, with alarming and shocking effects. In our various cultures, mothers, especially postpartum, are sacrosanct.

Anybody who violates them is public enemy number one. The hearsay acquired a life of its own. Not since the 2007/8 post-election shambles has there been a social media rumour that so many people believed.

CONFUSION

However, the confusion created by the 138 words on Facebook could have been avoided if the mainstream media had assumed it traditional role of verification instead of merely echoing what Mildred had published in social media and the reactions that followed. The media had at least a full day since the 138 words were posted to verify the story, or question it, and publish a more reliable story as early as Saturday. That did not happen. The public had to wait for three days to read the first story that was not a mere parody of those 138 words.
https://www.nation.co.ke...278854-4ojbwe/index.html
alma1
#109 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 10:12:10 AM

It is only a fool who believes that KNH is a well run institution where things like unnecessary death, rape, blatant corruption or insecurity don't exist.

When you find yourself there by mistake, as many have done. You shall change your tone and demand that they change their culture.

Shenzi Kenyans at their best.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

hardwood
#110 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 12:08:42 PM

alma1 wrote:
It is only a fool who believes that KNH is a well run institution where things like unnecessary death, rape, blatant corruption or insecurity don't exist.

When you find yourself there by mistake, as many have done. You shall change your tone and demand that they change their culture.

So does this give chocho media and the hogwash press the right to peddle lies?
alma1
#111 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 1:24:28 PM

hardwood wrote:
alma1 wrote:

I don't know how much you get paid to be a fool on wazua but I understand the need to feed oneself.

Please state one lie.

Please state one of the things that people have said that has never happened in that shithole of a place.

KNH is a mess and a bigger mess than what you may have read. We know because we have been there. Sio kufungua mdomo tu kama kuma ya mwanamke karumaindo.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

hardwood
#112 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 1:39:00 PM

alma1 wrote:
hardwood wrote:
alma1 wrote:

I don't know how much you get paid to be a fool on wazua but I understand the need to feed oneself.

Please state one lie.

Please state one of the things that people have said that has never happened in that shithole of a place.

KNH is a mess and a bigger mess than what you may have read. We know because we have been there. Sio kufungua mdomo tu kama kuma ya mwanamke karumaindo.

Jeezuz. Na si hiyo matusi si ni kali pwana?
madhaquer
#113 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 10:12:59 AM

My father was there before he died and I have to admit that that was the only place where we got really honest feedback about how bad the situation was and what the chances of getting better were. It's not the most comfortable hospital and yes it does get crowded and uncomfortable but really it is the failure of the industry in not having grown capacity of alternative hospitals.

I don't expect anyone to end up in prison or even to lose their jobs over this saga because of how it has been mishandled.

The bad guys are always one step ahead because the good guys are disorganized and seeking attention rather than facts. If there are really bad apples in KNH, the way to go about removing them is not to condemn the whole institution. It is also not to sensationalize but rather a rational approach that involves those in charge is far more fruitful.

Having said that, I still think that this is the best hospital in the region in terms of facilities and even access to highly experience doctors. Out of the thousands of patients streaming in annually, there are bound to be several unhappy ones and the hospital can learn from this and improve but they will not be cooperative or any constructive actions towards improvement when they are approached as rapists or murderers.
Bykhovets
#114 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 11:42:36 AM

madhaquer wrote:
My father was there before he died and I have to admit that that was the only place where we got really honest feedback about how bad the situation was and what the chances of getting better were. It's not the most comfortable hospital and yes it does get crowded and uncomfortable but really it is the failure of the industry in not having grown capacity of alternative hospitals.

I don't expect anyone to end up in prison or even to lose their jobs over this saga because of how it has been mishandled.

The bad guys are always one step ahead because the good guys are disorganized and seeking attention rather than facts. If there are really bad apples in KNH, the way to go about removing them is not to condemn the whole institution. It is also not to sensationalize but rather a rational approach that involves those in charge is far more fruitful.

Having said that, I still think that this is the best hospital in the region in terms of facilities and even access to highly experience doctors. Out of the thousands of patients streaming in annually, there are bound to be several unhappy ones and the hospital can learn from this and improve but they will not be cooperative or any constructive actions towards improvement when they are approached as rapists or murderers.

I am sorry about your father.

KNH is a dreadful place. Unless you know someone in management or a doctor, you will not receive the required services as fast as you should and at the desired levels of quality. Sometimes knowing someone does not help at all (my father was admitted there and I have easy access to physicians, but we still had to take him to another hospital) as the system of providing care stopped working many years back.

The CEO of KNH is Ruto's GF. She can never be touched and everyone knows that, despite how poorly the hospital is run.

I would not recommend KNH to anyone. Sadly, KNH is a true reflection of what public healthcare has been for the last 20 years or so. With devolution, the situation has grown worse.
"Occasionally I drop a tea cup to shatter on the floor. On purpose. I am not satisfied when it does not gather itself up again. Someday perhaps that cup will come together."
Mukiri
#115 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:45:28 AM

Bykhovets wrote:
madhaquer wrote:

KNH is a dreadful place. Unless you know someone in management or a doctor, you will not receive the required services as fast as you should and at the desired levels of quality. Sometimes knowing someone does not help at all (my father was admitted there and I have easy access to physicians, but we still had to take him to another hospital) as the system of providing care stopped working many years back.

The CEO of KNH is Ruto's GF. She can never be touched and everyone knows that, despite how poorly the hospital is run.

I would not recommend KNH to anyone. Sadly, KNH is a true reflection of what public healthcare has been for the last 20 years or so. With devolution, the situation has grown worse.

Sad

Proverbs 19:21
Angelica _ann
#116 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 7:12:59 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Bykhovets wrote:
madhaquer wrote:

Sad

Kwani this Ruto man has how many girlfriends?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#117 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 8:45:02 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Bykhovets wrote:
madhaquer wrote:

Sad

Kwani this Ruto man has how many girlfriends?

Many. Hakuna jogoo ya kuku moja.....

Lolest!
#118 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 11:34:16 AM

Quote:
KNH & UON DOCTORS ACHIEVE ANOTHER MEDICAL MILESTONE

Kenyatta National Hospital and College of Health Sciences, University of Nairobi (UoN) doctors made another historical milestone by successfully re-implanting a limb that had accidentally been severed by a Chaff Cutter machine.
Mr Joseph Theuri, 17 year old from Kiambaa- Kiambu County, will remain a living testimony and add into the list of successful major surgeries that KNH and College of Health Sciences UoN have performed in the recent past.

On 26th January, 2018 Mr. Theuri was presented by relatives at the KNH Accident & Emergency, as a referral from Kiambu Hospital, in severe pain with the hand completely detached from the right arm.
The medical intervention immediately commenced by a multidisciplinary team of fifteen (15) specialists and Mr. Theuri’s hand was re-implanted in a highly delicate surgery that lasted over 7 hours. Prof. Stanley Khainga and Dr. Ferdinand Nang’ole led the team of specialists including Plastic Surgeons, anesthetists, orthopedic surgeons and Nursing to realize the historical achievement.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1836574189749477&id=222808627792716
hardwood
#119 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2018 9:11:53 PM

Shock after KNH neurosurgeons carry out OPERATION on the WRONG PATIENT. They opened the wrong patient's head. Jesus! Kweli this KNH is not for the faint hearted.

https://www.the-star.co....-wrong-patient_c1723334

masukuma
#120 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 9:23:34 AM

hardwood wrote:
Shock after KNH neurosurgeons carry out OPERATION on the WRONG PATIENT. They opened the wrong patient's head. Jesus! Kweli this KNH is not for the faint hearted.

https://www.the-star.co....-wrong-patient_c1723334

Oops... my bad! d'oh!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!