wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

14 Pages«<89101112>»
Stanlib I-reit IPO @20/- per unit
mlennyma
#181 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 5:02:14 PM

shiznit wrote:
Mystocks shows that it closed at 21.50/- That's 9.47% down on the first day, but only 100 units traded.

I think this was a very poorly timed product launch. If it was in a bull market, Wanjiku would (as usual) come out in full speculation mode regardless of not being conversant with REITs.

But now you couple the liquidity crunch with bearish trend and then uncertainty about how good the returns would be, this one was going to be dead in the water.

But let's see, maybe with time (read at 10/-) it can be picked up; see how it goes.Pray

the only ipo which can succeed now is a central bank iposmile
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
dunkang
#182 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 5:02:54 PM

Museveni wrote:

The only chance to push it up was on friday when there were no 'breaks' on a slide or shoot. HAFR managed to push up 100% to 25 from 12. Now at 1.4!
From today watch the 10% drops.
The road to 10 is just 7 days ( say 3 weeks due to no trade days ) away.
Then those wishing to jump aboard can set new entry targets

That day i read this;
Quote:
Stanlib Investments is proposing to buy Greenspan Mall for Sh2 billion using proceeds from Kenya’s debut Income-Real Estate Investment Trust (Reit) issue.

is exactly the day when i said SIWEZI.

A shopping mall at 2B! Whats the floor area again?? Eastlands??

JKUAT just bought the 19 storey ICEA Building along Kenyatta Avenue at KShs.2B. That building has more income potential than that Greenspan Mall. That new 22 storey UoN tower cost KShs. 2.4B. 21 storey KCB Plaza at Upper Hill cost KShs. 2.1B.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

mlennyma
#183 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 5:20:14 PM

Why didn't they consider building some residential flats in a high demand area like kirima's tumaini estate in embakasi?or even office blocks in high demand areas like upperhill?its better than that mall
dunkang
#184 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 5:27:54 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Why didn't they consider building some residential flats in a high demand area like kirima's tumaini estate in embakasi?or even office blocks in high demand areas like upperhill?its better than that mall

Can an I-REIT develop for renting or its restricted to purchase of already developed buildings and renting?

I understand D-REIT is for development and selling and not renting out.

mlennyma
#185 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 5:35:28 PM

dunkang wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Can an I-REIT develop for renting or its restricted to purchase of already developed buildings and renting?

Lol !!!so the game has rulessmile
Lolest!
#186 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 7:42:19 PM

mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

no wonder the undersubscriptionsmile
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
dunkang
#187 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 7:50:23 PM

Lolest! wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I-REITs make money from rental and similar sources, D-REITs make money from development and disposal of real-estate.

What am not sure is whether an I-REIT can develop its own property and rent/lease out.

Also, if acquiring an already developed asset, they must ensure there is at least 70% occupancy rate and also a minimum of 70% of the profit must be distributed to the shareholders.

obiero
#188 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 8:23:33 PM

dunkang wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I-REITs make money from rental and similar sources, D-REITs make money from development and disposal of real-estate.

What am not sure is whether an I-REIT can develop its own property and rent/lease out.

Also, if acquiring an already developed asset, they must ensure there is at least 70% occupancy rate and also a minimum of 70% of the profit must be distributed to the shareholders.

Question is, a shareholder with minimum allocation atapata how much out of the rent? Rather, what is the total rent collection at greenspan. Maybe atalipwa 80bob per monthly. In the words of Samba Mapangala, u must calculate, calculate..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
enyands
#189 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 8:45:46 PM

Museveni wrote:
shiznit wrote:
Mystocks shows that it closed at 21.50/- That's 9.47% down on the first day, but only 100 units traded.

I think this was a very poorly timed product launch. If it was in a bull market, Wanjiku would (as usual) come out in full speculation mode regardless of not being conversant with REITs.

But now you couple the liquidity crunch with bearish trend and then uncertainty about how good the returns would be, this one was going to be dead in the water.

But let's see, maybe with time (read at 10/-) it can be picked up; see how it goes.Pray

The only chance to push it up was on friday when there were no 'breaks' on a slide or shoot. HAFR managed to push up 100% to 25 from 12. Now at 1.4!

I'm present sir
watesh
#190 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 9:46:49 PM

dunkang wrote:
Museveni wrote:

That day i read this;
Quote:
Stanlib Investments is proposing to buy Greenspan Mall for Sh2 billion using proceeds from Kenya’s debut Income-Real Estate Investment Trust (Reit) issue.

is exactly the day when i said SIWEZI.

A shopping mall at 2B! Whats the floor area again?? Eastlands??

JKUAT just bought the 19 storey ICEA Building along Kenyatta Avenue at KShs.2B. That building has more income potential than that Greenspan Mall. That new 22 storey UoN tower cost KShs. 2.4B. 21 storey KCB Plaza at Upper Hill cost KShs. 2.1B.

OMG this makes so much sense...buying a building in CBD is much more profitable than a bloody mall with high traffic only on weekends. Greenspan mall is good though. That place is packed on weekends but not like the likes of Junction or Sarit
Boris Boyka
#191 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 10:29:13 PM

obiero wrote:
dunkang wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Question is, a shareholder with minimum allocation atapata how much out of the rent? Rather, what is the total rent collection at greenspan. Maybe atalipwa 80bob per monthly. In the words of Samba Mapangala, u must calculate, calculate..

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly memories @obiero...especially when Ali Salim Manga was in studio....Applause Applause
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
tmatekwa
#192 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 10:59:17 PM

obiero wrote:
dunkang wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Actually it was Sam Fan Thomas who Sang those words
enyands
#193 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2015 2:20:48 AM

tmatekwa wrote:
obiero wrote:
dunkang wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Actually it was Sam Fan Thomas who Sang those words

Obiero check your facts bwana, that was Sam fan Thomas. It usually came as a chorus of his song. Samba mapangala were Kenyans if in not wrong lol
mlennyma
#194 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2015 2:44:59 PM

Down the maximum allowed 10% and this should continue to like 5bob
Impunity
#195 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2015 4:59:07 PM

Yeah...1988...Cameroonian Sam Fan Thomas...the days of "cham ngege cham ngege eeeh" and " tuende tukule, tuende tukuleee, tuende tukule iyoo oooo...tutule cha cha"
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Aguytrying
#196 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2015 10:02:51 AM

Today Stanlib-I reit test sub 20.00, ill pretend to be shocked as it plunges further. Who advises these companies that list in a bear market???d'oh!
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mlennyma
#197 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2015 10:10:42 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
Today Stanlib-I reit test sub 20.00, ill pretend to be shocked as it plunges further. Who advises these companies that list in a bear market???d'oh!

sparkly
#198 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2015 10:18:47 AM

Aguytrying wrote:

Bear or no bear some people still made money. The expenses of the offer were KShs 174 million, deducted from the offer proceeds.
Life is short. Live passionately.
dunkang
#199 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2015 10:48:29 AM

sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Bear or no bear some people still made money. The expenses of the offer were KShs 174 million, deducted from the offer proceeds.

And a shopping mall at KShs.2B. "People" made money, are making money, and will be making money.

dunkang
#200 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2015 10:53:28 AM

There is that strangely located, very good looking, office block at Pangani along Thika Road with no tenants even after +6 months of "Office To Let" banner, why can't the owner do an i-reit and dispose it to unsuspecting Kenyans?