wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Are shopowners making money at Garden City mall?
kiash
#21 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 1:13:50 PM

kaka2za wrote:
The mall is on the wrong side of the road.
We prefer to shop on our way home and turning to the other side and figuring how you will get back to the Superhighway is not appealing.

Applause Applause Applause Thats a good one , should serve those guys looking for a business plan.
watesh
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 1:35:30 PM

Visited both TRM and Garden City on a Friday evening. TRM has almost 3 times the people traffic than Garden City despite having a very tiny food court (which was the only annoying part). Garden City is far for those walking. The design of the mall though was a big wow. Larger variety of food restaurants at Garden City with spacious sitting.
One thing i wonder is does Game make any money during weekdays? It was almost empty. Anyway A for effort in design
kazee
#23 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 11:30:47 AM

There is one 'kamau' i saw at garden city who sets up kids play equipment on weekends, at the car park. He has a miniature train for kids that has 14 seats charging 200 per kid and the kids queue to ride for 5 minutes.
Quick arithmetic showed me that 14 seats * 200 bob a piece * 10 rides an hour (approximate) * 7 hours a day makes him almost 200k a day. No wonder he is the cashier for the miniature train and employees others to manage his other play equipment smile. He is there only on sato and sundays
keraka
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2016 4:22:29 PM

kazee wrote:
There is one 'kamau' i saw at garden city who sets up kids play equipment on weekends, at the car park. He has a miniature train for kids that has 14 seats charging 200 per kid and the kids queue to ride for 5 minutes.
Quick arithmetic showed me that 14 seats * 200 bob a piece * 10 rides an hour (approximate) * 7 hours a day makes him almost 200k a day. No wonder he is the cashier for the miniature train and employees others to manage his other play equipment smile. He is there only on sato and sundays

Did the same computations after seeing what another guy makes at Fun city and Greenspan.Any idea on how to source that miniature train.I think there is an opportunity before its flooded.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#25 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 8:17:29 AM

this middle class has been fueled by loans,and thats very deceiving
Swenani
#26 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 9:22:03 AM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:

For an economy to grow we need consumption.No economy has ever grown through savings
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
watesh
#27 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 9:22:41 AM

kazee wrote:

Games like these for kids are a cash cow. All malls should have gaming areas
dunkang
#28 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 11:59:14 AM

Swenani wrote:

For an economy to grow we need consumption.No economy has ever grown through savings

In just 2 weeks, i cleared all my Dec salo, and my saving from previous months. Right now, am as broke as a burukenge.

Now, tell me, how is the economy any better for me, my family, my landlord and the kids school cashier/headmistress?
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

sitaki.kujulikana
#29 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 12:30:06 PM

dunkang wrote:
Swenani wrote:

In just 2 weeks, i cleared all my Dec salo, and my saving from previous months. Right now, am as broke as a burukenge.

Now, tell me, how is the economy any better for me, my family, my landlord and the kids school cashier/headmistress?

the school gets its school fees, so good for them, the landlord gets his rent good for them, you get to use your brain to make sure you see your family through, which is good for the economy since you will work extra hard.
Swenani
#30 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 2:12:16 PM

dunkang wrote:
Swenani wrote:

The economy its never about you the middle class(spender),the economy is about the super poor and super rich.

The owner of the private schoolyou tookyour kids too is smiling all the way to the bank as well as able to employ 1-2 teachers courtsey of your salo.

The landlord too is smiling all the way to the bank and possibly building another unit which is employing watu wa mjengo, sand harvesters in ukambani are benefiting and mama githeri is also making a huge kill courtesy of your rent.

Be happy!
Lolest!
#31 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 2:26:55 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
dunkang wrote:
Swenani wrote:

the school gets its school fees, so good for them, the landlord gets his rent good for them, you get to use your brain to make sure you see your family through, which is good for the economy since you will work extra hard.

thouught he means he's too broke to pay rent n fees?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
sitaki.kujulikana
#32 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 3:57:38 PM

Lolest! wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
dunkang wrote:
Swenani wrote:

thouught he means he's too broke to pay rent n fees?

well since he will have to provide food and shelter for his family, somehow he has to see them through while maintaining his middle class status, which means a loan somewhere resulting in him working harder to repay and someone else getting their interest, and someone else from the blue section getting better dividends at the end of the year.
maka
#33 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 5:38:16 PM

dunkang wrote:
Swenani wrote:

he he he ati burukenge....
possunt quia posse videntur
murchr
#34 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 7:24:31 PM

dunkang wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Even drinking all your salary is good for the economy, the money is circulating the taxman is getting his dues. Well done. Tafuta zingine
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
innairobi
#35 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2016 7:45:57 PM

hehe. yeah, its terrible for him as a person but fantastic for the economy as a whole.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#36 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:41:53 AM

Just when you thought the shopping mall construction bubble was over BOOM!!!!!!!!!another Sh4bn is invested in a mall

http://www.businessdaily...24/-/1v1y48/-/index.html
geofreygachie
#37 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 10:05:50 AM

[quote=Cornelius Vanderbilt]Just when you thought the shopping mall construction bubble was over BOOM!!!!!!!!!another Sh4bn is invested in a mall

http://www.businessdaily...4/-/1v1y48/-/index.html[/quote]

I think Westlands will be worse traffic-wise than it is now with all the new offices and Hotels especially around Sarit, in the meantime this might be the death of Uchumi at Sarit.

"Regulatory filings indicate that a whole floor of the new building will be devoted to a new supermarket. Uchumi Supermarkets has a branch in the existing mall."

The small Uchumi store near the mall is almost running like a small shop with only one cashier available since most of the people are shopping at Naivas which is 50 Metres away.Lack of basic products and variety is the biggest problem at Uchumi.
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:26:49 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
[quote=Cornelius Vanderbilt]Just when you thought the shopping mall construction bubble was over BOOM!!!!!!!!!another Sh4bn is invested in a mall

I think Westlands will be worse traffic-wise than it is now with all the new offices and Hotels especially around Sarit, in the meantime this might be the death of Uchumi at Sarit.

"Regulatory filings indicate that a whole floor of the new building will be devoted to a new supermarket. Uchumi Supermarkets has a branch in the existing mall."

The small Uchumi store near the mall is almost running like a small shop with only one cashier available since most of the people are shopping at Naivas which is 50 Metres away.Lack of basic products and variety is the biggest problem at Uchumi.

dont you just love bubbles.the way they just grow big and then pooof! they burst.
Swenani
#39 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:29:47 PM

geofreygachie wrote:

dont you just love bubbles.the way they just grow big and then pooof! they burst.

Some do not burst, take the universe for example, if you were to believe the evolution theory the universe has been expanding without bursting smile smile smile smile smile
bartum
#40 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:51:25 AM