wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<56789>
The Cancer Menace
Kusadikika
#121 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2019 3:02:47 AM

murchr wrote:
After I heard of Bob's death, I decided to look into AML, its causes risks etc...and of interest I found this.

Quote:
Being exposed to certain chemicals

The risk of AML is increased if you have been exposed to certain chemicals.

For example, long-term exposure to benzene is a risk factor for AML. Benzene is a solvent used in the rubber industry, oil refineries, chemical plants, shoe manufacturing, and gasoline-related industries, and is also found in cigarette smoke, gasoline and motor vehicle exhaust, and some glues, cleaning products, detergents, art supplies, and paints.

Some studies have linked AML risk to heavy workplace exposure to formaldehyde, but this link has not been seen in some other studies.

The biggest issue with cancer seems to be environmental pollution .

The biggest risk factor for cancer is living. If you are alive you risk getting cancer.

If you think about it biologically human beings are an aberration of nature. Look at all other forms of animal life, none of them live into old age like humans in as large numbers. Out of the number of antelopes that are born a significant number die young due to predators. They are always on the lookout in order to survive and as soon as they weaken a bit from injury or age they are again taken care of by predators.

Even the animals that are predators they cannot live long in the wild past their prime. Once they slow down they become prey. Old lions are eaten by hyenas, old hyenas are eaten by jackals, old jackals are eaten by lions etc Young strong males often kill or drive off weaker older males etc.

Nature has no place for declining strength. So nature has no use for human beings past the age of 35 -40. But human beings being the cunning type that they are they invented things like respect for elders and religion and laws and governments to prevent young strong people from killing old useless people. Then they invented medicine and hospitals that allowed weak people who were supposed to die in childhood to grow and reproduce even weaker people who suffer from more and more diseases.

Nature also has bacteria and viruses and predators that prevented any one species from increasing too much. Human beings invented medicine and peace and agriculture and reproduced like crazy.

Nature is a little confused but remember nature has been around for billions of years so it has a way of resetting and I think cancer is just one of its solutions. It is natures way of culling the herd.
murchr
#122 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2019 4:56:03 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
murchr wrote:
After I heard of Bob's death, I decided to look into AML, its causes risks etc...and of interest I found this.

Quote:

For example, long-term exposure to benzene is a risk factor for AML. Benzene is a solvent used in the rubber industry, oil refineries, chemical plants, shoe manufacturing, and gasoline-related industries, and is also found in cigarette smoke, gasoline and motor vehicle exhaust, and some glues, cleaning products, detergents, art supplies, and paints.

Some studies have linked AML risk to heavy workplace exposure to formaldehyde, but this link has not been seen in some other studies.

The biggest risk factor for cancer is living. If you are alive you risk getting cancer.

If you think about it biologically human beings are an aberration of nature. Look at all other forms of animal life, none of them live into old age like humans in as large numbers. Out of the number of antelopes that are born a significant number die young due to predators. They are always on the lookout in order to survive and as soon as they weaken a bit from injury or age they are again taken care of by predators.

Even the animals that are predators they cannot live long in the wild past their prime. Once they slow down they become prey. Old lions are eaten by hyenas, old hyenas are eaten by jackals, old jackals are eaten by lions etc Young strong males often kill or drive off weaker older males etc.

Nature has no place for declining strength. So nature has no use for human beings past the age of 35 -40. But human beings being the cunning type that they are they invented things like respect for elders and religion and laws and governments to prevent young strong people from killing old useless people. Then they invented medicine and hospitals that allowed weak people who were supposed to die in childhood to grow and reproduce even weaker people who suffer from more and more diseases.

Nature also has bacteria and viruses and predators that prevented any one species from increasing too much. Human beings invented medicine and peace and agriculture and reproduced like crazy.

Nature is a little confused but remember nature has been around for billions of years so it has a way of resetting and I think cancer is just one of its solutions. It is natures way of culling the herd.

If cancer would have been caused by some virus or bacteria, then maybe your argument would hold water. But chemicals such as benzene are a creation of man. So it is indeed true that ww are a man eating society
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Bigchick
#123 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2019 7:50:05 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
murchr wrote:

Quote:

Please see me in my office after this.

You are a naughty fellow.How do you suggest 35 -40 is useless old?
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
tinker
#124 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 3:26:32 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
murchr wrote:

Quote:

@Kusadikika

Past the age of 35 -40???.
Be careful on what you wish for other..it might just happen to you. and we will blame the nature.

....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Kusadikika
#125 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 3:44:07 PM

tinker wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
murchr wrote:

Quote:

@Kusadikika

Be careful on what you wish for other..it might just happen to you. and we will blame the nature.

Just read this article:

https://ourworldindata.org/life-expectancy

Human beings are living longer and better than they have ever lived in the history of the world. Watu wawache kulalamika ati wanakufa na cancer when they are 60. Let them be grateful that they got to live to be 60 and go in peace. There is no crisis.
murchr
#126 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 5:13:40 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
tinker wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
murchr wrote:

Quote:

@Kusadikika

Just read this article:

https://ourworldindata.org/life-expectancy

Human beings are living longer and better than they have ever lived in the history of the world. Watu wawache kulalamika ati wanakufa na cancer when they are 60. Let them be grateful that they got to live to be 60 and go in peace. There is no crisis.

It is true humans are living longer than before, but there is also an emergence of pathogens brought about by climate change that are emerging. That might just alter everything
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Mucher
#127 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:57:55 PM

Cancer is a major burden of disease worldwide. Each year, tens of millions of people are diagnosed it, and more than half of the patients eventually die from it. Cancer has or will soon become the number one killer in many parts of the world.
Njunge
#128 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:01:25 PM

I have listened to the cancer debate which has been on since the news of the passing of Joyce. All I am hearing is, let's get more testing centre's, zero rate cancer drugs and such. Nobody seems keen on finding where we are getting cancer from. Shouldn't this be the center of the debate?
murchr
#129 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:42:38 PM

Njunge wrote:
I have listened to the cancer debate which has been on since the news of the passing of Joyce. All I am hearing is, let's get more testing centre's, zero rate cancer drugs and such. Nobody seems keen on finding where we are getting cancer from. Shouldn't this be the center of the debate?

Do not expect much from the media we have...

If you have enough bundles you can watch some explanations by Khan Academy on youtube.

Alafu there are summarized med journals from US UK AU that can be helpful

What I have gathered so far

The known known - Cigarette smoking, drinking, etc

Talcum Powder - used by johnson and johnson for baby products has been found to cause cancer

Roundup

Asbestos - Houses built in the 70s may have these

Lead in Paint. If your house was painted in the 70s most probably the paint has lead. Lead is also used by some chinese to make fake cosmetics - makesure you buy quality.

Burning tires - Avoid. Discorage

Quote:
"Open Tire Fires

"Air emissions from open tire fires have been shown to be more toxic (e.g., mutagenic) than those of a combustor, regardless of the fuel. Open tire fire emissions include "criteria" pollutants, such as particulates, carbon monoxide (CO), sulfur oxides (SO2), oxides of nitrogen (NOx), and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). They also include "non-criteria" hazardous air pollutants (HAPs), such as polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), dioxins, furans, hydrogen chloride, benzene, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs); and metals such as arsenic, cadmium, nickel, zinc, mercury, chromium, and vanadium. Both criteria and HAP emissions from an open tire fire can represent significant acute (short-term) and chronic (long-term) health hazards to firefighters and nearby residents. Depending on the length and degree of exposure, these health effects could include irritation of the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes, respiratory effects, central nervous system depression, and cancer. Firefighters and others working near a large tire fire should be equipped with respirators and dermal protection. Unprotected exposure to the visible smoke plume should be avoided.

Coal mining
Kusadikika
#130 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:54:29 AM

If you have cancer it will kill you.

The only useful doctor is the one who tells you that that is what you have. After that do not listen to him about what he can do about it because that is when he will start lying.

Go home get your affairs in order and prepare to go. It is actually that simple.

Kenya does not have a cancer problem. Kenya has a problem of people NOT accepting that life has an end. Death is not an aberration, death is normal. We will all die. Some sooner than others. Cancer is just one one way of dying.

The population of the country is growing which means there are more people being born than there are those who are dying. Resources of the country should be directed to the young and growing and not to the old and dying.

I have heard counties talk about investing in cancer treatment. I think this is a big mistake. I would rather they put the money in things like provision of clean water and education and roads than in cancer treatment. Even in the hospitals I would prioritize things like maternity care, children care and things like surgical services to take care of nduthi accident patients with broken bones because those have a high likelihood of getting better.

Even in homes, if you are faced with the choice between taking your child to school or paying for cancer treatment for your parent, put your child first. It is the right thing to do.

Kenya is a backward looking country. People love their mothers more than they love their spouses and children. Just think about it in the most extreme forms and you will see we got our thinking warped. Even at their most stressful moments many people would not dare utter an insult or stand up against their parents but they have no problem hurling insults at their children yet when you think about it where does the insult do more damage?

The dilemma with cancer is in my opinion precisely because of this elder worship, backward looking mentality. The clip shown about the cancer problem in Meru had a scene of a grave of someone born in 1928 and he died of cancer in 2015. He died of cancer at the age of 87 and he is part of the statistics of the cancer problem!!! Even Christians do not take seriously the command "a man shall shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife." The wife and children are more important to a man than his parents. Cancer is breaking down families because of children who feel they owe their parents everything to the detriment of their own spouses and children.
Bigchick
#131 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 5:30:03 AM

Kusadikika wrote:

The only useful doctor is the one who tells you that that is what you have. After that do not listen to him about what he can do about it because that is when he will start lying.

Go home get your affairs in order and prepare to go. It is actually that simple.

Kenya does not have a cancer problem. Kenya has a problem of people NOT accepting that life has an end. Death is not an aberration, death is normal. We will all die. Some sooner than others. Cancer is just one one way of dying.

The population of the country is growing which means there are more people being born than there are those who are dying. Resources of the country should be directed to the young and growing and not to the old and dying.

I have heard counties talk about investing in cancer treatment. I think this is a big mistake. I would rather they put the money in things like provision of clean water and education and roads than in cancer treatment. Even in the hospitals I would prioritize things like maternity care, children care and things like surgical services to take care of nduthi accident patients with broken bones because those have a high likelihood of getting better.

Even in homes, if you are faced with the choice between taking your child to school or paying for cancer treatment for your parent, put your child first. It is the right thing to do.

Kenya is a backward looking country. People love their mothers more than they love their spouses and children. Just think about it in the most extreme forms and you will see we got our thinking warped. Even at their most stressful moments many people would not dare utter an insult or stand up against their parents but they have no problem hurling insults at their children yet when you think about it where does the insult do more damage?

The dilemma with cancer is in my opinion precisely because of this elder worship, backward looking mentality. The clip shown about the cancer problem in Meru had a scene of a grave of someone born in 1928 and he died of cancer in 2015. He died of cancer at the age of 87 and he is part of the statistics of the cancer problem!!! Even Christians do not take seriously the command "a man shall shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife." The wife and children are more important to a man than his parents. Cancer is breaking down families because of children who feel they owe their parents everything to the detriment of their own spouses and children.

I hate your truth.

But then we need hospitals to treat people so that even as they go they are not in pain.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Fyatu
#132 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:02:02 AM

Kusadikika wrote:

I like the way you think and your contributions sana sana on this thread about cancer. An old adage goes...prevention is better than cure. It is as simple as that. However, nobody wants to look simple in these braggadocious times we are living in.

I have also listened to the winding debate and grandiose plans to set up cancer centers all over Kenya and noted that no one is telling wananchi to go slow on pombe na sigara and eat more mangoes,oranges,njugu karanga and avocadoes that are in abudance in Kenya.

Further, nobody is telling Kenyans that chemotherapy kills faster than the cancer itself. You are better off fasting for 21 days and drinking water only rather than paying millions for chemo.You have better quality of life when on a ketogenic diet other than chemo.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
bwenyenye
#133 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 11:23:32 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

I hate your truth.

But then we need hospitals to treat people so that even as they go they are not in pain.

Hard Truth. especially, 'when you are diagnosed with Cancer go home and get your affairs in order'.... rough but real
I Think Therefore I Am
Forester
#134 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 11:23:37 AM

Forester wrote:
Is Cancer hereditary? My grand dad currently has both colon and prostate cancer. It pains me to see him waste away like that despite going for regular chemo and being treated by one of the best Oncologist in the country. My father, had Multiple Myeloma but through treatment in India and God's grace, pulled through and is back on his feet again and regained his earlier frame - review after 5 years. My dad's brother also had to go for a pet scan though i'm not privy to the results.

Sad Sad Sad

2.5 Years on... My grand dad never made it. My dad is alive and kicking after the bone marrow transplant and chemo 5 years after first diagnosis. Such a horrible experience but grateful to God.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Bigchick
#135 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 11:28:47 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

I like the way you think and your contributions sana sana on this thread about cancer. An old adage goes...prevention is better than cure. It is as simple as that. However, nobody wants to look simple in these braggadocious times we are living in.

I have also listened to the winding debate and grandiose plans to set up cancer centers all over Kenya and noted that no one is telling wananchi to go slow on pombe na sigara and eat more mangoes,oranges,njugu karanga and avocadoes that are in abudance in Kenya.

Further, nobody is telling Kenyans that chemotherapy kills faster than the cancer itself. You are better off fasting for 21 days and drinking water only rather than paying millions for chemo.You have better quality of life when on a ketogenic diet other than chemo.

Tell me more about the Ketogenic diet.

Currently dealing with a 70 year old who has been diagnosed with prostrate cancer.
essyk
#136 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 11:47:19 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

Currently dealing with a 70 year old who has been diagnosed with prostrate cancer.

Keto diet plan

Today we are burying a neighbour in shags who died of stomach ca. This is someone who ate and drank from her Farm.Nothing processed.
Just seen Esther wahome's loving tribute to her dad.He succumbed to it on saturday.
I think someone is slowly killing us.It's no longer a city or lifestyle disease.It's deliberate.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
essyk
#137 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 11:53:34 AM

Forester wrote:
Forester wrote:
Is Cancer hereditary? My grand dad currently has both colon and prostate cancer. It pains me to see him waste away like that despite going for regular chemo and being treated by one of the best Oncologist in the country. My father, had Multiple Myeloma but through treatment in India and God's grace, pulled through and is back on his feet again and regained his earlier frame - review after 5 years. My dad's brother also had to go for a pet scan though i'm not privy to the results.

Sad Sad Sad

2.5 Years on... My grand dad never made it. My dad is alive and kicking after the bone marrow transplant and chemo 5 years after first diagnosis. Such a horrible experience but grateful to God.

eh.
let me ask you.Would you for screening if asked to?
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
essyk
#138 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:02:20 PM

Steve Jobs Extreme Diet

From an early age, Jobs would only eat fruits and vegetables, and fasted for several days at a time.
When Jobs discovered he had pancreatic cancer, he went against doctors' wishes and tried healing himself by pursuing an extreme vegetarian diet.

From an early age, Jobs would only eat fruits and vegetables, and fasted for several days at a time.
When Jobs discovered he had pancreatic cancer, he went against doctors' wishes and tried healing himself by pursuing an extreme vegetarian diet.

After reading Lapp's book, which endorsed vegetarianism, Jobs said he would go on extreme diets, including purges and fasts, and would eat just one or two foods for weeks, like apples or carrots.During his freshman year, Steve would live off Roman Meal cereal. He would also buy dates, almonds, and lots of carrots. He bought himself a Champion juicer to make carrot juice and carrot salad.Jobs later read a book called Mucusless Diet Healing System, by Arnold Ehret, which led to an even stricter diet. In addition to traditional meats and proteins, Jobs also gave up bread, grains, and milk.
Jobs got into fasting around this time, where he would not eat for two straight days sometimes up to a week. He would break the fast with simple leafy vegetables and water
Jobs would occasionally binge at the All One Farm commune, where he spent his weekends. Monks from the Hare Krishna temple would come to visit, and make vegetarian feasts with cumin, coriander, and turmeric. Jobs would go to town on these meals.Jobs would occasionally binge at the All One Farm commune, where he spent his weekends. Monks from the Hare Krishna temple would come to visit, and make vegetarian feasts with cumin, coriander, and turmeric. Jobs would go to town on these meals.
Jobs would occasionally binge at the All One Farm commune, where he spent his weekends. Monks from the Hare Krishna temple would come to visit, and make vegetarian feasts with cumin, coriander, and turmeric. Jobs would go to town on these meals.
Jobs would occasionally binge at the All One Farm commune, where he spent his weekends. Monks from the Hare Krishna temple would come to visit, and make vegetarian feasts with cumin, coriander, and turmeric. Jobs would go to town on these meals.

In 2003, after doctors performed a routine CAT scan of his kidneys, Jobs learned he had a rare form of pancreatic cancer. But instead of opting for surgery, which is what doctors recommended (they were overjoyed that they caught the cancer so early), Jobs instead tried to heal himself by becoming a strict vegan, eating large amounts of fruit juices and carrots.In 2008, when Jobs underwent surgery to remove part of his pancreas, Powell started incorporating fish and other proteins into their meals. But his health was poor and he was losing a ton of weight. He would still ask his personal chef Bryar Brown for a carrot salad, or lemongrass soup, or a simple pasta with basil.

By July 2011, Jobs was eating almost no solid foods at all. By then, his cancer had spread to his bones and other parts of his body. Steve Jobs died on October 5, 2011, surrounded by family.

That's more like it.
Fyatu
#139 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:03:49 PM

I can see on twirrer the usual suspects(media personalities/journalist) are pushing a petition for free cancer drugs. Not bad at all,though a bit dumb. Things can get simpler than this....The message should be...Prevention is better than cure.

I remember in the late 80's when HIV/AIDS became a reality in Kenya, there was this massive campaign on radio and TV complete with a catchy song of "UKIMWI NI HATARI, KWA MAISHA YAKO"....followed by the slogan "KINGA NI BORA KULIKO TIBA"..etc Malaria Bednet campaign has proved more successful in combating malaria at low cost etch The WASH campaign has stopped my kinsmen in the village from defecating everywhere at the same time teaching them the importance of washing their hands thus reducing worms, rotavirus and diarrhea

Ministry of Health/GoK/politicians should not waste time promising Kenyans a cancer hospital yet they themselves will rush to the UK or India once found with the disease.They should just educate Kenyans how to minimize the chances of catching cancer and as @bwenyenye has said stop corruption of allowing Naivas supermarket to sell poisoned meat and Kabras sugar selling sugar that has mercury or industrialist in Nairobi, Ruiru and Thika discharging heavy metals in tributaries of river Athi.

As we speak Thwake dam is under construction and its main source of water will be River Athi. We all know the tributaries of River Athi.
Thwake dam will be serving millions of honest and hardworking Kenyans in lower Eastern. Alfred Mutua made noise about pollution of these rivers that feed Athi perhaps for PR or genuine concern and love for mwananchi, but no one has made effort to measure lead quantities in say gitathuro river that runs down Mathare valley or benzene quantities in the air around Accra road or Tusker hapo Ronald Ngala street. Lead and other metals if consumed by humans can cause cancer. What is so hard for NEMA or Ministry of Public Health doing its job?
Fyatu
#140 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:11:54 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

Read this book....LINK

Read more HERE

As @kusadikika says, a 70 year old might have passed his/her sell-by date and should accept and move-on to the afterlife