wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages123>»
The Cancer Menace
freiks
#1 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 7:06:06 AM

Please share this on your facebook pages, social blogs and contribute whatever you can. From the list of contributors some have even sent 20Ksh currently she requires 6M for surgery. As of yesterday we were at 163K main fundraiser tomorrow
#4Carol4Life

CHECK YOUR MPESA BALANCE AND SEND WHAT YOU CAN
Life is an endless adventure
Impunity
#2 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 9:12:16 AM

Quick recovery.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Swenani
#3 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 9:21:55 AM

freiks wrote:
Please share this on your facebook pages, social blogs and contribute whatever you can. From the list of contributors some have even sent 20Ksh currently she requires 6M for surgery. As of yesterday we were at 163K main fundraiser tomorrow
#4Carol4Life

CHECK YOUR MPESA BALANCE AND SEND WHAT YOU CAN

This cancer is becoming a scare.People used to be scared of TB, pneumonia,malaria and recently aids but it seems cancer and heart diseases are becoming so common.Whats happening? is it the foods we eat,advancement in technology,evolution of diseases,lifestyle or God's plan?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Forester
#4 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 9:23:17 AM

I know of a patient who recently(June 2015) had a bone marrow transplant in India and the cost was circa 2M give or take at Apollo Hospital which has the largest network in the country. 6M looks exaggerated sorry to say.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Bykhovets
#5 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 9:55:50 AM

Forester wrote:
I know of a patient who recently(June 2015) had a born marrow transplant in India and the cost was circa 2M give or take at Apollo Hospital which has the largest network in the country. 6M looks exaggerated sorry to say.

I wanted to say the SAME exact thing when I saw the amount being raised. Treatment for ALL/AML does not cost that much.

Either way, let's not hesitate to give.
"Occasionally I drop a tea cup to shatter on the floor. On purpose. I am not satisfied when it does not gather itself up again. Someday perhaps that cup will come together."
Impunity
#6 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 10:45:53 AM

Forester wrote:
I know of a patient who recently(June 2015) had a bone marrow transplant in India and the cost was circa 2M give or take at Apollo Hospital which has the largest network in the country. 6M looks exaggerated sorry to say.

How old was the patient?

Bigchick
#7 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:07:04 AM

Impunity wrote:
Forester wrote:

How old was the patient?

You were advise to buy a smartphone. Wachana na Nokla 3310.

She is 22 and needs help.

Am getting worried at this new way of fund raising.A genuine case is likely to be mixed up with frauds that I foresee creeping in.Maybe we should be getting a certified quote from the hospital.I do not want to feel cheated somewhere along the way.

Wishing Carol full recovery.I shall send my support.

Meanwhile what became of that Uncle who chewed his nieces treatment cash.The NGO whatever.We need to deal with some of this guys without the court process just like the Minor youth who vented on their MCAs.Nkt
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Forester
#8 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:24:39 AM

Impunity wrote:
Forester wrote:

How old was the patient?

60 years. The patient had prepaid 2.7M and the hospital refunded cash that was in excess after the treatment. Refunded after he was back to .ke and recovering. If it as Nairofi Hospital, wacha tu!
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Taurrus
#9 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:35:23 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Forester wrote:

How old was the patient?

You were advise to buy a smartphone. Wachana na Nokla 3310.

She is 22 and needs help.

Am getting worried at this new way of fund raising.A genuine case is likely to be mixed up with frauds that I foresee creeping in.Maybe we should be getting a certified quote from the hospital.I do not want to feel cheated somewhere along the way.

Wishing Carol full recovery.I shall send my support.

Meanwhile what became of that Uncle who chewed his nieces treatment cash.The NGO whatever.We need to deal with some of this guys without the court process just like the Minor youth who vented on their MCAs.Nkt

Si Hii 6M ni one GK prado/Merc?
Kratos
#10 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:37:38 AM

Meanwhile......

Quote:
Most people would be quite surprised to learn that there is a vaccine for lung cancer, one which has been proven effective in over 25 years of intense research and several years of clinical use. So why is most of the world only learning about it now? The answer is complicated by back-room dealings in the dark recesses of government, and by the unhealthy influence that pharmaceutical companies have on the availability of life-saving medications.

Link

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
Taurrus
#11 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:57:35 AM

Kratos wrote:
Meanwhile......

Quote:
Most people would be quite surprised to learn that there is a vaccine for lung cancer, one which has been proven effective in over 25 years of intense research and several years of clinical use. So why is most of the world only learning about it now? The answer is complicated by back-room dealings in the dark recesses of government, and by the unhealthy influence that pharmaceutical companies have on the availability of life-saving medications.

Link

Disease is BIG business, but in India at least they have a culture of research and commitment to humanity.
Watched some medical documentary by aljazeera and it was an eye opener,the main doctor even said they were denied permission to attend to Kenyan patients in Kenya to cut costs!
@Rankaz can recall the Documentary.
Whats evil than that?Sad
Matoe
#12 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 12:21:28 PM

I might be wrong but Moi University does not have a campus in Embu.

It could be an innocent error.
murchr
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2015 5:29:28 AM

I know cancer has been discussed here in many threads actually close to 10, but having read Ndemo's article last week got me thinking at how exposed we are.

Ndemo's article:You know what is killing us? Pollution, and a lack of curiosity

Here is his 2014 article

I doubt that there's a family in this country that has escaped the scourge. KTN aired a documentary a while ago and linked the cancer menance in Marsabit to the oil exploration in the Chalbi desert. How does it spread...water that they collect in boreholes dust, that they breath in etc.

Then Citizen highlighted the menace in Meru and linked it to something being ingested...they tried to hint on Miraa, but from the data, those affected are not limited to Igembe so most probably, "My guess" is its the water.. 15% of those seeking cancer treatment in Kenya are from Meru. The highest number of cancer patients come from Nairobi, followed by Nyeri then Uasin Gishu and fourth being Meru. Apart from Nrb, the other counties are highly agricultural and and the use of fertilizer/pesticides can not be ruled out.

Apparently the GOK hasnt stated investigating on the issue yet...reason...they are still mapping the cancer cases in Kenya....(very stupid reasoning given that every hosp in Kenya should have a record of their patient)

There's a reason why Europe doenst want us to sell to them the fruits/veges/food that we've grown spraying pesticides.

By the end of this year, cancer deaths will surpass those of Malaria, HIV and TB. If that is not an epidemic, I dont know what is.
Citizen Clip:

KTN:
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
washiku
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2016 1:57:22 PM

Swenani
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2016 2:02:21 PM

washiku wrote:

Live life and take the necessary precautions and leave the rest to God(For those who believe in God) or nothing(For those who do not believe in God)
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Othelo
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2016 2:41:30 PM

The smoking thing & cancer really puzzles me. How cone when i was growing up there were wazee smoking heavily and snorting tobacco but cancer was not such a menace. Again my village grows tobacco and the leaf 'burning - preparation' process is not for the faint hearted yet cancer has not been that serious among the rural folks. It is the urban guys and women (breast and cervix) with high numbers.
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Impunity
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2016 10:24:04 PM

Othelo wrote:
The smoking thing & cancer really puzzles me. How cone when i was growing up there were wazee smoking heavily and snorting tobacco but cancer was not such a menace. Again my village grows tobacco and the leaf 'burning - preparation' process is not for the faint hearted yet cancer has not been that serious among the rural folks. It is the urban guys and women (breast and cervix) with high numbers.

Endelea na kucheza puzzle.

vky
#18 Posted : Monday, October 03, 2016 2:32:52 PM

an alternate approach to cancer, worth watching
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
masukuma
#19 Posted : Monday, October 03, 2016 3:11:52 PM

Othelo wrote:

OF DIAGNOSIS.... While i think some lifestyles of urban dwellers expose us to some trouble - the other reason we don't get many villagers complaining is because villagers don't know what hit them! they could even misattribute it to such things as witchcraft. My uncle (with a village) mindset was diagnosed with cancer when it was already stage 4... coz ya kufikiria ni vitu zingine.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Bigchick
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 7:58:00 PM

Today was listenning to Inooro FM.Being cancer awareness month they have been bringing programmes with survivors to give testimonies.

Today's lady talked about having been to India and the hospital she was in which is a cancer unit over 50% of patients were from Kenya and doctors there are wondering what is happenning in Kenya.

She also talked about wheat products and the gluten therein as a possible link to cancer.Bread in the morning,cookies for 10.00 o clock tea.Chapati for lunch and supper all make for overconsumption of wheat.

Another quoted possible cause is animal protein be each from meat or milk.

And she advised we take a lot of fermented foods.

She is a survivor with 23 years since she was diagonised and treated in 1993.

Janet Ikua was on NTV too looking all hail,bubbly and hearty.She says she is fully healed.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.