wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
ArtCaffe - The Racist Hotel at it Again
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 8:23:07 PM

muganda
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 8:50:24 PM

Urghh, escapist to damn ArtCaffe due to behavior of African independent minded waiters towards African aggrieved customers. Aren't both human? Can't they relate and understand each other?

Both need an attitude change. And the African customer can pick between waiters, be more empathetic, and tip better.

mawinder
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 9:14:28 PM

muganda wrote:
Urghh, escapist to damn ArtCaffe due to behavior of African independent minded waiters towards African aggrieved customers. Aren't both human? Can't they relate and understand each other?

Both need an attitude change. And the African customer can pick between waiters, be more empathetic, and tip better.

The pain of artcaffe. I no longer go there. There are better places which are more affordable e.g. Seven sea food, Ocean basket, mediterraneo etc.
alma1
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 9:18:00 PM

What are people doing going to a place with blatant racism?

Muganda by saying that africans don't tip, you too are participating in racism. Have you ever seen me tip?

Africans should just stop going to the place. Hiyo tu. African suppliers should not supplier and workers should leave. The place shall close.

Lakini hii constant whining by Kenyans and they still go to the same places should stop.

Kosewe is waaaay cheaper and the waitresses are well "rounded".
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Kratos
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 10:05:08 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly seriously?

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
Gathige
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 10:49:21 PM

Seriously, why go to a restaurant when you are not wanted. Just go to your locals where they know you by name and they have your order at the back of their palms. Hii whining sijui mzunzu first milos second is crap. Hiring ni shida za wannabe middle crass.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Mike Ock
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:19:14 AM

Coffee shops are designed for white foreigners, to give them a reminder of their life back home. It's like those ugali & nyam chom joints abroad, designed for diasporans to feel at home.

So if you go to an Artcaffe and feel left out, it is by design. Endelea kunang'ana tu ati una right, mi naona una wrong.
dunkang
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 9:48:41 AM

Kimbelembele ya mindro crass!

Know your lane and keep to it!
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

KulaRaha
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 11:49:55 AM

Who is racist here: the establishment or the africans working at the establishment?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Pesa Nane
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 12:36:39 PM

mwoga wa kuloa aepukane na bafu!
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Impunity
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:38:23 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
Coffee shops are designed for white foreigners, to give them a reminder of their life back home. It's like those ugali & nyam chom joints abroad, designed for diasporans to feel at home.

So if you go to an Artcaffe and feel left out, it is by design. Endelea kunang'ana tu ati una right, mi naona una wrong.

Nothing could be further from the truth...you nailed it.
Those of us who have travelled majuu several times Will tell you that those arte cafes are nothing kule majuu even in China.
The number of times i have visited those kenyan based coffee houses are kess than the fingers on my left hand.
Its the wannabe Nairobians who frequent them.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

mawinder
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:43:09 PM

Impunity wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Nothing could be further from the truth...you nailed it.
Those of us who have travelled majuu several times Will tell you that those arte cafes are nothing kule majuu even in China.
The number of times i have visited those kenyan based coffee houses are kess than the fingers on my left hand.
Its the wannabe Nairobians who frequent them.

So the artcaffes are the equivalent of Muthurwa hotels in Kiashland?
FRM2011
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 3:21:15 PM

If am not wrong,I heard artcaffe is owned by israelis and knowing how they despise nyeuthis I will stick to my lane. I.e. "reke marie" and "magomano".

The only thing disturbing me is why Jews of all people, having suffered the worst of racial profiling and discrimination could also turn out to be the worst racists on earth.

Am hoping @alpha doesn't see my post.
hardwood
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 3:27:43 PM

I am with some friends hapa Artcaffe Garden city mall and the service is excellent.
mawinder
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 3:53:17 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
If am not wrong,I heard artcaffe is owned by israelis and knowing how they despise nyeuthis I will stick to my lane. I.e. "reke marie" and "magomano".

The only thing disturbing me is why Jews of all people, having suffered the worst of racial profiling and discrimination could also turn out to be the worst racists on earth.

You are wrong. It was sold to Java. Fyi it has a bad reputation especially their original branch in Westlands. It is alleged that hamburglar and his friends hang there.
kiash
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 4:07:45 PM

FRM2011 wrote:

I also wonder and its everywhere as if they never learnt the lesson.
masukuma
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 4:39:21 PM

Mike Ock wrote:

it's always interesting that we have apologists for this kind of treatment.... KWENYU! It's only hapa ndio tunaitikia kukuniwa vichwa... kwa nyumba yenu and someone tries to explain it away!! Mwafrika... sorry Mkenya... KWENU NI WAPI?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
masukuma
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 4:41:41 PM

has anyone every wondered why only Africans were taken as slaves in such large numbers over a period of time? I mean... those places in the americas had people... why were they not enslaved in large numbers? my opinion.... KUNA VITU HAWANGE FANYA!!!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Impunity
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 4:58:24 PM

masukuma wrote:
has anyone every wondered why only Africans were taken as slaves in such large numbers over a period of time? I mean... those places in the americas had people... why were they not enslaved in large numbers? my opinion.... KUNA VITU HAWANGE FANYA!!!

Nyeuthis were enslaved enmasse because they were as tough as the beasts burden...yaani PHUNDA.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Taurrus
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 5:30:34 PM

masukuma wrote:
has anyone every wondered why only Africans were taken as slaves in such large numbers over a period of time? I mean... those places in the americas had people... why were not enslaved in large numbers? my opinion.... KUNA VITU HAWANGE FANYA!!!

like working with the oppressors to oppress your kind!