sitaki.kujulikana
#81 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:11:36 AM

maka wrote:
Euge wrote:
Tara wrote:
Bykhovets wrote:
Tara wrote:
I have two questions...
1. Doesn't the ambulance call ahead to find a bed before they transport the patient to a hospital only to be turned away?
2. Don't hospitals have Emergency units that can stabilize a patient while an ICU bed is located?

1. Yes they do call. FYI only. KNH cannot decline a patient whose care can only be provided at KNH. All referrals are received at A&E (Casualty) and then admitted (if a bed is available). In the counties, they often do not call. You'll be woken up at 3am by a referral from Matuu District Hospital (often a pregnant mother from Ekalakala with a ruptured uterus).

2. A&E exists at KNH but cannot offer ICU level care. Usually for patients on short observations e.g. sugar management in known diabetics. In the counties, well equipped A&E do not exist at all.

So KNH has a limited number of beds (did I see 21?) So if there was lets say a plane crash in Nairobi and 250 critically injured people needed to be admitted to ICU, where would they go?

21 beds for the largest referral hospital in the region SMH

Thats Kenya for you....

Middle class, so you would rather we have 250 ICU beds just sitting idle waiting for a plane carrying middle class guys to crash.
A boda boda carries 3/5 people.
Anti_Burglar
#82 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 12:31:55 PM

alma1 wrote:
Tara wrote:
I have two questions...
1. Doesn't the ambulance call ahead to find a bed before they transport the patient to a hospital only to be turned away?
2. Don't hospitals have Emergency units that can stabilize a patient while an ICU bed is located?

such questions are not allowed on this forum

you should ask

1. why has uhuru failed
2. is raila the reason ambulances don't work

when you ask questions like yours, we know you are a fixer. too much thinking on our part will make us zoombies

Welcome Officially to wazua. Where we'd rather buy stocks than think of our stupidity.

Wewe wacha.
Fyatu
#83 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 1:15:13 PM

Euge wrote:
Tara wrote:
Bykhovets wrote:
Tara wrote:
I have two questions...

1. Yes they do call. FYI only. KNH cannot decline a patient whose care can only be provided at KNH. All referrals are received at A&E (Casualty) and then admitted (if a bed is available). In the counties, they often do not call. You'll be woken up at 3am by a referral from Matuu District Hospital (often a pregnant mother from Ekalakala with a ruptured uterus).

2. A&E exists at KNH but cannot offer ICU level care. Usually for patients on short observations e.g. sugar management in known diabetics. In the counties, well equipped A&E do not exist at all.

So KNH has a limited number of beds (did I see 21?) So if there was lets say a plane crash in Nairobi and 250 critically injured people needed to be admitted to ICU, where would they go?

It is a big shame that Madaga eventually succumbed and gave up the fight (RIP). As usual the jubiree aficionados in their element knee jerk reaction have called for investigations sijui reports etc.Lest you forget, Kenyans are still waiting for the report on "countryman" the killer brew that finished folks huko Embu...but that is not what i want to talk about. What i want to talk about is the bullshit that the government and the press/journalists always shove down our throats and those of our children and yet to be born children that Kenya is a powerhouse in Africa, JKIA is the hub for i dont know what, KNH is the biggest referal hospital in East and Central Africa, Mombasa port the biggest in the region,and the hub for i dont know what and so on and so forth...

Apparently, the biggest hospital in EA has only 21 beds for emergency/ICU. Most probably the AE section was either built during mu-beberu, Jomo or baba Moi error. Indeed since baba Moi error, the only notable health infrastructure in Nairobi was built by Obako in Kayole. While i applaud efforts made to reduce maternal mortality, i think its about time the government of today start viewing this nation in the long term future. 21 beds since mu-beberu when the population was 3 million is unacceptable. Actually one referal hospital of KNH stature is not enough. There should be even bigger hospitals in the pipleline for Kisumu, Nakuru, Mombasa etc. so that Kenyans can actually get justification to brag about being big in the region.

Painting the district hospital that baba Moi built back in the day when 20bob was known as pound and not a blue, and putting cabro blocks on the parking lot and renaming it level 5 does not count for an upgrade. If you are a true governor or president of Maendeleo, build a new and ultra modern one.

Another area that has been ignored since baba Moi is public schools ( more so primary schools in Nairobi where CDF is not visible). If you grew up in Nairobi you will attest that public primary school whose sign post had a huge "NAIROBI CITY COUNCIL" sign were very well thought out and very well built. In my division Makadara, there was no school with less than 5 acres of land. Since baba Moi left for Kabartonjo, land has been disappearing by the day. No new primary school has been built instead it is magorofa mushrooming from everywhere and yet population is growing. Private schools especially in Eastlands are a big joke. Most don’t even have playing fields and most are in what appears to be buildings meant for family housing. In short the government has failed and continues to fail.One wonders who licences these schools.It seems people that licence these schools are either very greedy and very lazy that they just ignore procedures set by our city forefathers of the 70's and 80's or they are just plain incompetent and have no clue what the right thing is.

Clearly, as the years go by, the more the mediocrity and shadiness in government offices.If not, how do you explain the steady worsening of the situation from the 80's until today?

I challenge the governor of Nairobi Evans Kidero and actually all other governors or perhaps the NLC headed by the not so able Mr. Swazuri to make public or publish the map of all land that belongs to Government/Kenyan public. Na kama if all land was stolen then they should also tell us, so that we jipanga and move on.

Once all Kenyans know where the public land is, then wananichi can demand that their money be used to build key infrastructure more so in health and education. Later, wananichi can also demand that National Housing corporation stops sitting on their asses and fattening themselves with tax payers money and start building well planned, dignified and affordable housing. This simple actions will kill greed in this country.

Another culture that Kenyans should kill is that of political expediency. It is only in this country whereby people are settled in Forests/water towers for political gains. Raira tried to do the right thing and we all know what happened. In Nairobi people invade land in South B that dont belong to them and start slums like mukuru kayaba but when evicted the senator for Nairobi shamelessly put the president on phone loudspeaker on national tv and due to political expediency the right thing is not done and hence the quality of life for all of us goes down. Another example, squatters on government land in Nyeri town which used to be a forest are left to stay and continue defecating in Chania river at the expense of all Kenyans down stream and all this is a result of this monster called political expediency. So many examples abound...

ni hayo tu kwa sasa

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Swenani
#84 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 1:35:41 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Euge wrote:
Tara wrote:
Bykhovets wrote:
Tara wrote:
I have two questions...

It is a big shame that Madaga eventually succumbed and gave up the fight (RIP). As usual the jubiree aficionados in their element knee jerk reaction have called for investigations sijui reports etc.Lest you forget, Kenyans are still waiting for the report on "countryman" the killer brew that finished folks huko Embu...but that is not what i want to talk about. What i want to talk about is the bullshit that the government and the press/journalists always shove down our throats and those of our children and yet to be born children that Kenya is a powerhouse in Africa, JKIA is the hub for i dont know what, KNH is the biggest referal hospital in East and Central Africa, Mombasa port the biggest in the region,and the hub for i dont know what and so on and so forth...

Apparently, the biggest hospital in EA has only 21 beds for emergency/ICU. Most probably the AE section was either built during mu-beberu, Jomo or baba Moi error. Indeed since baba Moi error, the only notable health infrastructure in Nairobi was built by Obako in Kayole. While i applaud efforts made to reduce maternal mortality, i think its about time the government of today start viewing this nation in the long term future. 21 beds since mu-beberu when the population was 3 million is unacceptable. Actually one referal hospital of KNH stature is not enough. There should be even bigger hospitals in the pipleline for Kisumu, Nakuru, Mombasa etc. so that Kenyans can actually get justification to brag about being big in the region.

Painting the district hospital that baba Moi built back in the day when 20bob was known as pound and not a blue, and putting cabro blocks on the parking lot and renaming it level 5 does not count for an upgrade. If you are a true governor or president of Maendeleo, build a new and ultra modern one.

Another area that has been ignored since baba Moi is public schools ( more so primary schools in Nairobi where CDF is not visible). If you grew up in Nairobi you will attest that public primary school whose sign post had a huge "NAIROBI CITY COUNCIL" sign were very well thought out and very well built. In my division Makadara, there was no school with less than 5 acres of land. Since baba Moi left for Kabartonjo, land has been disappearing by the day. No new primary school has been built instead it is magorofa mushrooming from everywhere and yet population is growing. Private schools especially in Eastlands are a big joke. Most don’t even have playing fields and most are in what appears to be buildings meant for family housing. In short the government has failed and continues to fail.One wonders who licences these schools.It seems people that licence these schools are either very greedy and very lazy that they just ignore procedures set by our city forefathers of the 70's and 80's or they are just plain incompetent and have no clue what the right thing is.

Clearly, as the years go by, the more the mediocrity and shadiness in government offices.If not, how do you explain the steady worsening of the situation from the 80's until today?

I challenge the governor of Nairobi Evans Kidero and actually all other governors or perhaps the NLC headed by the not so able Mr. Swazuri to make public or publish the map of all land that belongs to Government/Kenyan public. Na kama if all land was stolen then they should also tell us, so that we jipanga and move on.

Once all Kenyans know where the public land is, then wananichi can demand that their money be used to build key infrastructure more so in health and education. Later, wananichi can also demand that National Housing corporation stops sitting on their asses and fattening themselves with tax payers money and start building well planned, dignified and affordable housing. This simple actions will kill greed in this country.

Another culture that Kenyans should kill is that of political expediency. It is only in this country whereby people are settled in Forests/water towers for political gains. Raira tried to do the right thing and we all know what happened. In Nairobi people invade land in South B that dont belong to them and start slums like mukuru kayaba but when evicted the senator for Nairobi shamelessly put the president on phone loudspeaker on national tv and due to political expediency the right thing is not done and hence the quality of life for all of us goes down. Another example, squatters on government land in Nyeri town which used to be a forest are left to stay and continue defecating in Chania river at the expense of all Kenyans down stream and all this is a result of this monster called political expediency. So many examples abound...

ni hayo tu kwa sasa

Biggest in size doesn't necessary refer to biggest facilities and good quality
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Tara
#85 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 6:40:27 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
maka wrote:
Euge wrote:
Tara wrote:
Bykhovets wrote:
Tara wrote:
I have two questions...

Thats Kenya for you....

Middle class, so you would rather we have 250 ICU beds just sitting idle waiting for a plane carrying middle class guys to crash.

I didn't say we should have 250 beds sitting idle. A hospital like KNH should have more than 21 beds (surely you can see that) in addition to having a plan for stabilizing patients who they cannot admit to ICU immediately. In fact, this guy should probably (I'm not a doctor) have been seen by an emergency medicine doc to determine extent of injuries, then sent into theater for surgery first.
maka
#86 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 7:08:00 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
maka wrote:
Euge wrote:
Tara wrote:
Bykhovets wrote:
Tara wrote:
I have two questions...

Thats Kenya for you....

How does anything "MIddle class" come into this again?
possunt quia posse videntur
masukuma
#87 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 7:24:49 PM

maka wrote:

How does anything "MIddle class" come into this again?

Kuna watu wanachukia "MIddle class" hapa... so anything wrong they drop the word "Middle class" hapo ndani... not sure where all the venom comes from.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#88 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 7:30:29 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Euge wrote:
Tara wrote:
Bykhovets wrote:
Tara wrote:
I have two questions...

ni hayo tu kwa sasa

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause That sentence in Red is just SAD. That water eventually flows into Ndakaini na ndio mnakunywa hapa Nrb...same thing happening in the MAU, the bloated govenor and Moi's son are encouraging people to settle in the forest ignoring those dying due to floods downstream because they are not from the same tribe..
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Fyatu
#89 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 10:33:20 AM

Can these private developers look for land somewhere else. Must they build on properly planned estates, or even properly built and planned primary schools. Hata kanisa kubwa kama Anglican iko na njaa hivi wajameni?? RINK

Can Mohamed Swazuri publish a map of all public land in this country? It is the greed of a few individuals that is f***ing all of us up...sasa kila mutu akitaka ka broti Nairobi, watoto watacheza wapi?
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money