wazua Thu, May 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Madaga.. An example of failed state
PeterReborn
#21 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 7:38:11 PM

Kratos wrote:
Alba wrote:
Kenyans are an interesting bunch. To most Kenyans, Having a member of your tribe in power is more important than addressing issues like crime, heavy traffic, poor health facilities, poor security etc.

When you mention that Kenya's penchant for tribal voting is a cancer, the tribalism apologists like petereborn, murchr, kratos and others will quickly attack you and justify Kenya's tribal voting by pointing to other countries.

Its like saying my neighbour drinks poison so why can't I ?

Imagine your child coming home saying: "My friends cross the street without looking so why can't I"?

Thats what the tribalism apologists on wazua do.

As sad as the issue is, you have a very narrow focus on real issues. There is nothing personal that any politician from any divide would have done to prevent Madaga's situation from happening other than the medical staff and administration at KNH. You keep barking about tribalism, whilst its a genuine concern IT IS NOT THE ROOT CAUSE OF ALL PROBLEMS!

Read the stories below and tell me how TRIBALISM influenced it.
Quote:
Texas Man Dies After Waiting 16 Hours for Treatment in ER Simon Gutierrez,

SAN ANTONIO --

A spokeswoman for University Hospital has confirmed a man who witnesses say waited close to 16 hours in the emergency room died Tuesday morning.

Alfred Garza, who said he spoke to the man while also awaiting treatment, said the man was in obvious pain and told him he had been waiting in the ER since 8:00 a.m. Monday.

Garza said he noticed the man in distress at about midnight and asked a nurse to check his vital signs.

"She stood up and went and talked to another nurse, and they just stood at the window and looked at him," said Garza.

Garza said he sat next to the man a half-hour later and noticed he appeared to have stopped breathing. This time, he said he was able to get a nurse to attend to him.

Quote:
Reports have emerged that a man died in a hospital waiting room in New York City more than eight hours after he sought emergency care.

According to multiple reports, 30-year-old John Verrier entered the emergency room of St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx at around 10 p.m. on Jan. 12 complaining about a rash. He was found dead in the waiting room about 6:40 a.m. the next day when a guard failed to wake him up.

St. Barnabas Hospital spokesperson Steve Clark confirmed the timeline around Verrier's death to CBS News, but said the details of what actually happened had been glossed over by many.

“Probably this scenario in this shape and form has happened in any big hospital in New York City,” he said.

Quote:
Family of man who died waiting in ER can sue, court rules
WINNIPEG -- Manitoba's highest court has ruled that the family of a man who died during a 34-hour hospital emergency room wait can sue the health authority for a breach of charter and privacy rights.

Lower courts struck out the heart of the lawsuit filed by the family of Brian Sinclair, ruling his loved ones couldn't sue because those rights died with him in 2008. Lawyers for Sinclair's family argued it was absurd that the family of a man who died because he didn't receive proper care couldn't sue because he was dead.

The reason I have randomly quoted stories from the internet is because your tired one line narrative that tribalism is to blame for all our problems and that people like me (as if you personally know me) are responsible is as lame as they come. If you do not want to be challenged on the validity of your arguments its better you keep to your arm chair analysis of Kenyan football where you think Nyamweya is the problem.

Applause Applause Applause I have absolutely nothing else to add.I refuse to engage myself with shallow minded fellows who blames Uhuru or Raila when they cant get an erection.We need to address the specific issues and provide specific solutions.
Consistency is better than intensity
PeterReborn
#22 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 7:42:06 PM

mawinder wrote:
Heck was a tribalist till I realized the folly of it. Kenya will only prosper the day we have a president from a community that is not a big tribe e.g. Samburu etc. Madaga could as well be your brother, uncle, son etc. This bullshit of Cord, Jubilee, LDP, TNA, URP etc will take us down.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Look who is talking.The king of hate and tribalism in this republic.
mawinder
#23 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 8:14:56 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Heck was a tribalist till I realized the folly of it. Kenya will only prosper the day we have a president from a community that is not a big tribe e.g. Samburu etc. Madaga could as well be your brother, uncle, son etc. This bullshit of Cord, Jubilee, LDP, TNA, URP etc will take us down.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Look who is talking.The king of hate and tribalism in this republic.

Weak link that shows me supporting members of my tribe.
¿
#24 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 8:40:53 PM

@PeterReborn - We can agree to disagree but if we don't agree on the issues it will be difficult to commit to any solution(s) while being driven by conflicting individual and group interests.

Unless we can agree on and be driven by a 'higher' purpose/values,I think we will continue to get along(when necessary or convenient) for the opportunity to get ahead even if it is at the expense of others.
Alba
#25 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 9:34:45 PM

Kratos wrote:
Alba wrote:
Kenyans are an interesting bunch. To most Kenyans, Having a member of your tribe in power is more important than addressing issues like crime, heavy traffic, poor health facilities, poor security etc.

When you mention that Kenya's penchant for tribal voting is a cancer, the tribalism apologists like petereborn, murchr, kratos and others will quickly attack you and justify Kenya's tribal voting by pointing to other countries.

Its like saying my neighbour drinks poison so why can't I ?

Imagine your child coming home saying: "My friends cross the street without looking so why can't I"?

Thats what the tribalism apologists on wazua do.

As sad as the issue is, you have a very narrow focus on real issues. There is nothing personal that any politician from any divide would have done to prevent Madaga's situation from happening other than the medical staff and administration at KNH. You keep barking about tribalism, whilst its a genuine concern IT IS NOT THE ROOT CAUSE OF ALL PROBLEMS!

Read the stories below and tell me how TRIBALISM influenced it.
Quote:
Texas Man Dies After Waiting 16 Hours for Treatment in ER Simon Gutierrez,

SAN ANTONIO --

A spokeswoman for University Hospital has confirmed a man who witnesses say waited close to 16 hours in the emergency room died Tuesday morning.

Alfred Garza, who said he spoke to the man while also awaiting treatment, said the man was in obvious pain and told him he had been waiting in the ER since 8:00 a.m. Monday.

Garza said he noticed the man in distress at about midnight and asked a nurse to check his vital signs.

"She stood up and went and talked to another nurse, and they just stood at the window and looked at him," said Garza.

Garza said he sat next to the man a half-hour later and noticed he appeared to have stopped breathing. This time, he said he was able to get a nurse to attend to him.

Quote:
Reports have emerged that a man died in a hospital waiting room in New York City more than eight hours after he sought emergency care.

According to multiple reports, 30-year-old John Verrier entered the emergency room of St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx at around 10 p.m. on Jan. 12 complaining about a rash. He was found dead in the waiting room about 6:40 a.m. the next day when a guard failed to wake him up.

St. Barnabas Hospital spokesperson Steve Clark confirmed the timeline around Verrier's death to CBS News, but said the details of what actually happened had been glossed over by many.

“Probably this scenario in this shape and form has happened in any big hospital in New York City,” he said.

Quote:
Family of man who died waiting in ER can sue, court rules
WINNIPEG -- Manitoba's highest court has ruled that the family of a man who died during a 34-hour hospital emergency room wait can sue the health authority for a breach of charter and privacy rights.

Lower courts struck out the heart of the lawsuit filed by the family of Brian Sinclair, ruling his loved ones couldn't sue because those rights died with him in 2008. Lawyers for Sinclair's family argued it was absurd that the family of a man who died because he didn't receive proper care couldn't sue because he was dead.

The reason I have randomly quoted stories from the internet is because your tired one line narrative that tribalism is to blame for all our problems and that people like me (as if you personally know me) are responsible is as lame as they come. If you do not want to be challenged on the validity of your arguments its better you keep to your arm chair analysis of Kenyan football where you think Nyamweya is the problem.

Look at Kratos still defending Kenyan tribal voting yet again.

Tribal voting is indeed the primary cause of most of our problems. No politician is motivated to fix anything or address any issues.
Politicians make appointments based on tribal balancing instead of competence which is why our security is a mess.

You went trolling around the internet again searching for examples that you can use to defend that sheer incompetence in Kenya. But its an epic fail because at least in Canada, such issues are usually exceptions as opposed to kenya where we have chronic problems that are never addressed

Your logic means if your neighbour is drinking poison, you too will drink poison.

Also in Canada, when something goes wrong, people are held accountable. In Kenya no such thing happens. You will have to try much harder to keep defending the sheer incompetence that is Kenya.
Alba
#26 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 9:42:55 PM

I find it utterly laughable that the tribalism apologists : peterreborn and kratos are defending Kenyan mediocrity by pointing to the west.

I have gone to hospitals in North America numerous times. I have gone to Kenyan hospitals as well.

Trust me the level of chronic incompetence that you see in Kenya is unthinkable in North America.

That is not to say that hospitals in the west make some mistakes. Of course they do. But they are not chronically incompetent. And people who do not do their jobs are held accountable.

I have relatives who are trying to get cancer treatment at Kenyatta. It is an ordeal. People have to wait months to get chemotherapy. And many hospital staff have a "don't care attitude so followup on treatment can be spotty.

Ask yourself why many Kenyans are doing harambees to go to India for cancer treatment and other treatments.

If we were issue based voters, the president would make it a priority to fix kenyatta hospital and the health system as a whole. But he does not have to because Kenyans will vote on tribal basis anyway

If Kratos and peter-reborn try to compare Kenyan health system to the North American ones, please do them justice and laugh at them. It is comical and is very poor logic.

Its like saying Harambee Stars losing to Comoros and Lesotho at home is OK because Germany the world champions also lose sometimes. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
PeterReborn
#27 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 9:59:46 PM

Alba wrote:
I find it utterly laughable that the tribalism apologists : peterreborn and kratos are defending Kenyan mediocrity by pointing to the west.

I have gone to hospitals in North America numerous times. I have gone to Kenyan hospitals as well.

Trust me the level of chronic incompetence that you see in Kenya is unthinkable in North America.

That is not to say that hospitals in the west make some mistakes. Of course they do. But they are not chronically incompetent. And people who do not do their jobs are held accountable.

I have relatives who are trying to get cancer treatment at Kenyatta. It is an ordeal. People have to wait months to get chemotherapy. And many hospital staff have a "don't care attitude so followup on treatment can be spotty.

Ask yourself why many Kenyans are doing harambees to go to India for cancer treatment and other treatments.

If we were issue based voters, the president would make it a priority to fix kenyatta hospital and the health system as a whole. But he does not have to because Kenyans will vote on tribal basis anyway

If Kratos and peter-reborn try to compare Kenyan health system to the North American ones, please do them justice and laugh at them. It is comical and is very poor logic.

Its like saying Harambee Stars losing to Comoros and Lesotho at home is OK because Germany the world champions also lose sometimes. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You sound like you are on heat.Why dont you go jerk off then come back.
PeterReborn
#28 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 10:01:35 PM

mawinder wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
mawinder wrote:

Weak link that shows me supporting members of my tribe.

I have to give you credit.You are our Moses Kuria and there is moses Kuria in everyone of us.
PeterReborn
#29 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 10:06:31 PM

¿ wrote:
@PeterReborn - We can agree to disagree but if we don't agree on the issues it will be difficult to commit to any solution(s) while being driven by conflicting individual and group interests.

Unless we can agree on and be driven by a 'higher' purpose/values,I think we will continue to get along(when necessary or convenient) for the opportunity to get ahead even if it is at the expense of others.

Who are we kidding? Why should be agree or disagree on issues when our politics is not issues based.And dont worry Kenya is not a failed state.We may have a few challenges but we have not failed.Kuteleza sio kuanguka.
Alba
#30 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 10:39:06 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
Alba wrote:

You sound like you are on heat.Why dont you go jerk off then come back.

Look at peter-retarded. Since he has no rebuttal, he resorts to childish insults Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
murchr
#31 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 10:53:44 PM

For those in the dark like me

Nation wrote:
The family of an accident survivor who spent 18 hours in an ambulance will this morning decide whether to switch off life support and allow him to die.

Family members said doctors had lost hope that Mr Alex Madaga will come out of a coma and the hospital has counselled them to accept his possible death.

His wife, however, clings to the hope that her husband of one year will recover.

“The doctors have counselled me, saying that there is no hope but I know his condition might change, it is now in God’s hands,” said the wife, Ms Jessica Moraa.

His father, Mr Bainito Matini Cheni, 63, has sent for his wife and she is expected from Mbale, their upcountry home this morning. Together, they will decide whether to switch off the life support machine.

“They have said there is no hope. They say blood has clotted in his brain but his heart is beating okay. I asked them to switch off the machines because I don’t think my son is there any more,” he said in an interview with the Nation after seeing his son breathing with the assistance of a ventilator.

According to Ms Moraa, this is the second tragedy to hit the family after the couple lost their nine-month-old baby less than five months ago.

The KNH management also defended its actions, saying that Mr Madaga was admitted in their Critical Care Unit because a bed was available but not because of the intervention of the patient’s family members as alleged by Ms Moraa and her family.

“We even gave them oxygen cylinders as they waited for a bed,” said Mr Simon Ithae, the hospital’s communications officer.

He supported the statement by the hospital’s deputy director clinical services, Dr Simeon Monda, that there was neither a bed nor a ventilator machine to help the patient breathe.

Dr Monda said: “The ambulance was the safest place for him to be at the time because it had the necessary equipment. We only have 21 ICU beds for the over 2,500 patients admitted in KNH daily.”

CASH PAYMENT

Two private hospitals that Mr Madaga’s wife claimed would not admit her husband without a cash payment of at least Sh200,000 clarified that they too, like KNH, could not admit the patient because they did not have a free bed in the ICU.

They denied claims that they turned away the patient because his relatives did not have the money to pay the deposit.

Nairobi Women’s Hospital’s public relation officer, Mr Johnson Mwinzi, said the hospital has a policy where “a patient is admitted first and then payment is followed up later”.

“Indeed, Kikuyu Mission Hospital referred four patients to our facility at Adams Arcade Branch but they only picked two patients because we only have three ICU beds and one was already occupied and thus Mr Madaga was referred elsewhere.”

Mr Madaga had been referred to the hospital from Kikuyu Mission Hospital on Monday night after the hit-and-run accident in Kangemi.

Ms Moraa and the paramedics who took care of Mr Madaga in the ambulance said they had sought assistance at two other hospitals on Ngong Road but were turned away at both.

However, the hospitals yesterday said they had no record indicating that Mr Madaga was taken there and, therefore, could not comment on the allegations.

Mr Madaga had critical injuries and his chances of survival were not helped by being denied intensive care for 18 hours.

I really sympathize with the situation of this guy Madaga but why are we acting as if its a special case? Isn't this the reality of our broken health system? Every hospital is sending patients to KNH when they cant cope.

Have you forgotten this http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...spx?g=posts&t=29770

Politics aside, who was the Hit and Run driver? Probably a member of the Wazua Republic. Who complains most when there's an increase of NHIF?

Now to the Hospital, and docs here should shed some light...when a patient is referred to KNH doesn't the doc who handled him call the hosp to alert them to be ready because a patient is on the way?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
timizo
#32 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 11:17:53 PM

And someone was procuring services for a Kshs 27 billion hospital when the current ones have no capacity. Our leaders are truly heartless. If you are poor in Kenya, pray hard that nothing like injury or sickness come your way. Two years from now, we will be sacrificing a whole day to decide who we would like to screw us.
sitaki.kujulikana
#33 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 11:43:17 PM

Very unfortunate for the family, watching a loved one dies slowly knowing that there is nothing more you can do is painful.

@murchr referrals to KNH are not that procedural, kitambo if it was from another gov hospital a nurse would have to accompany one, I don't know the arrangement with the devolved structure nowadays.

But with the devolved system, it is prudent to push the counties to upgrade the level5 hospitals to deal with as many cases as possible that would ease KNH to an extent.

But people need to vote in proper governors, health management was given to the people.

but its funny with all the publicity not even one of the private hospitals with the proper equipment to handle the case decided to take him in, But hey, how many sick homeless guys do we pass on the road everyday without caring to help, its money first.
¿
#34 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 2:22:42 AM

PeterReborn wrote:
¿ wrote:

Who are we kidding? Why should be agree or disagree on issues when our politics is not issues based.And dont worry Kenya is not a failed state.We may have a few challenges but we have not failed.Kuteleza sio kuanguka.

I often wonder about the same question.
Kratos
#35 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 5:16:26 AM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Enyewe some people are astonishingly naive to base all their arguments on a single unrelated issue. Lets Carry on.....

Tribalism is to blame for hospitals refusal to admit patients because they lack of cash
Tribalism is to blame for the woes in Harambee stars
Tribalism is to blame for Elnino
Tribalism is to blame for the increase in obesity
Tribalism is to blame for Kenyans being refrigerated in Saudi
Tribalism is to blame for the rise of ISIS

Heck tribalism is to blame for Chelsea's woes.....

We don't have to focus on any other cause to our problems because we already have an answer......well, IT'S TRIBALISM STUPID! And if you don't agree with us...YOU MY FRIEND ARE AN ALBA CERTIFIED APOLOGIST.

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
Gathige
#36 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 5:56:11 AM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Very unfortunate for the family, watching a loved one dies slowly knowing that there is nothing more you can do is painful.

@murchr referrals to KNH are not that procedural, kitambo if it was from another gov hospital a nurse would have to accompany one, I don't know the arrangement with the devolved structure nowadays.

But with the devolved system, it is prudent to push the counties to upgrade the level5 hospitals to deal with as many cases as possible that would ease KNH to an extent.

But people need to vote in proper governors, health management was given to the people.

but its funny with all the publicity not even one of the private hospitals with the proper equipment to handle the case decided to take him in, But hey, how many sick homeless guys do we pass on the road everyday without caring to help, its money first.

This case exemplifies the rot in our health care system. I have been to the KNH casualty twice at late night hours and I got depressed. What ones witnesses there can cause a fainthearted to invest in a rope, tie a knot and kick a stool....commit suicide. The facilities are overstretched, very many needy cases....accidents, burns, robbery victims etc and the limited health care workers all trying to do their best in the circumstances. KNH is just overstretched and counties should just invest in healthcare.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
alma1
#37 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 6:54:16 AM

I'm in agreement with Kratos and Alba. This is a health care issue. But the health crisis has been amplified by the total lack of concern by the citizenry to elect leaders who can change the rotten system.

For those like me who have had the displeasure of having to go to these hospitals, both gov't and private, it is not a funny experience at all.

I really do hate it when people who have never entered an plane try to compare the Kenyan health system to the US one. The US one was rotten and that's why Obama Care was introduced. It was rotten because of the kind of behavior we see with our private hospitals. Where without money, these godammed hospitals wouldn't lift a finger to save you.

It was not GROSSSsssss INCOMPETENCE.

How many of these stories shall we hear about before someone in this gov't, the next gov't or the one for 2022 will act?

The answer according to Alba is they will never act. Infact, it shall get worse. Now that health has been devolved to the clan regions, woe unto you when you vote in your governor because he's from your clan and not because he can deliver basic services.

I dare anyone on wazua with a health care plan promise his children that if he has an accident he shall be treated with care.

Then why vote in incompetent people because Baba said so, because moses kuria has confessed, because ruto was fixed, because muthama doesn't like waiguru?

Why oh, why?

The next person may be your child as he crosses Moi Avenue without his ID. Utamuokota Kenyatta hospital after 2 days of searching in the bloody mortuaries because the cops cannot in 2015 have an ob book that is computerised. After all even Rwanda does not have an computerised ob book.

Absolutely disheartening. And not a single hashtag from either the cord brigade or the 36bloggers. They have other priorities like unfixing ruto from his personal issues.

Kenyans need to style up or die like Madaga
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Kratos
#38 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 8:35:55 AM

I am in agreement with Alma in regard to fixing the healthcare system. Using the late Madaga's example, the government through parliament needs to enact legislation that takes care of cases where a citizen requires immediate life saving attention. Sadly our private hospitals look at their bottom lines rather than how they can engage the government on subsidies on such cases. All citizens should have access to life saving procedures in private hospitals regardless of their bank statements. Citizenry in the healthcare profession should be held much more accountable on their actions or lack of in such cases. In this day and age we cannot have people denying others the right to life based on the bugle of their wallets.

Majority of people here in wazua know how it feels to rush a patient to hospitals only for hospitals to fail to admit and pretend as if people walk around with 200k for emergency admission.
Medical insurance such as NHIF should be made compulsory in the private sector (specifically jua kali informal sector) since it is in this group where majority of Kenyans fall.

We need to learn from success and failures of systems already in place in countries with more advanced healthcare systems. If comparing ourselves to countries such as the US is a " crime" then so be it, after all aren't we implementing ideals such as democracy and capitalism?

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
dunkang
#39 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 8:40:05 AM

Alba wrote:

Boss, the way you push this "tribalism" agenda makes you sound more like a sour loser and a bigger tribalist than a "concerned citizen".

From FKF elections to Mama Mboga's bundle of Sukuma Wiki to everything under the sun, its tribalism, tribalism, tribalism.

With you tribalism paranoia, I can surely bet that you always buy from and sell to your tribesmen.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

hardwood
#40 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 10:33:06 AM

Health is devolved and nairobi gets the lions share of devolved funds. So if the Luo & ODM Nairobi governor was working as hard as the Machakos governor, the poor guy would not have died. Instead the governor spends 400m for roundabout drums, 400m to plant grass and is said to have stashed ksh 1b in his private accounts, while health is in tatters. And i've never seen any of his tribesmen criticising him for these ills. Tribe comes first. Seems putting the luo and opposition in power in nairobi was a big mistake.