wazua Thu, May 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Madaga.. An example of failed state
klan
#1 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 7:13:08 AM

how can one stay in ambulance for 18 hours...? we have Nairobi Hospital just across???? Why are we paying sooo much for NHIF? Can they account where the billions are going. someone explain to me what NHIF does with the money if we can not be covered in ALL hospitals?

This is EVIL to say the least.
Robinhood
#2 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 9:22:22 AM

Klan, no body cares. Half the people on this forum will defend anything in Gava because its leaders are from their tribe, and the other half will bash the gava because its leaders are not from their tribe. We cannot have a reasonable discussion here on anything. Please accept and move on...
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Fyatu
#3 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 1:44:37 PM

I have read the story of Alex Madaga and must say i'm very very sad, indeed very much upset and angry with the private hospitals that refused to admit him for lack of kshs. 200,000 as well as very angry with KNH matapakas who handled his case incompetently.

First and foremost i beg the family of Madaga not to allow KNH matapakas to kill him but insist that he stays in ICU until he dies or survives. Afterall KNH is a national hospital that is funded by tax payers and whether one lives or dies can only be determined by God. Secondly, the family of Madaga should take those private hospitals to court for their utter contempt of the 2010 constitution that requires hospitals to treat patients first and then ask for money later.

I wonder what Robert Alai,Dennis Itumbi, Boniface Mwangi and all other activists are doing to highlight the plight of Madaga's family. The hell what are Kenyans on twitter(KOT) doing.Hashtag Madaga should be number one trending in the world right now and not silly mafi ya kuku hashtags like "mollis i sullender", or waiguru this waiguru that, Muthama this, muthama that. This is a case of blantant abuse of human rights. Uhuru Kenyatta himself and his operatives(CS Health) should leave whatever else they are doing to ensure atleast something is being done to raise Madaga's chances of living.

The hell why are journalists not sharing Madaga's family pain and not sticking to it like shit on unwiped ass, the way they stuck to pastor Ng'ang'a's case or that rapist doctor case?? WHY? Why in the f***ing hell are we paying so much to NHIF and yet a single man cannot be admitted to hospital? What are the silly MP's and Senators doing? Why is there no outrage? I wish the management of MP SHAH and all those doctors who refused to admit him death and immediate brimstone fire in hell. I pray for Madaga and his family
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#4 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 1:57:56 PM

Sad .
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Anti_Burglar
#5 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 2:11:08 PM

Sad
josimar
#6 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 3:24:28 PM

I always say there are only 2 tribes in Kenya , the rich and the poor.
AlphDoti
#7 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 3:30:02 PM

This story makes me feel so sad and disappointed. Come on sycophants, let us criticize this garment constructively, if you harbour the govt, we will all sink together.

Alba
#8 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 3:42:19 PM

Kenyans are an interesting bunch. To most Kenyans, Having a member of your tribe in power is more important than addressing issues like crime, heavy traffic, poor health facilities, poor security etc.

When you mention that Kenya's penchant for tribal voting is a cancer, the tribalism apologists like petereborn, murchr, kratos and others will quickly attack you and justify Kenya's tribal voting by pointing to other countries.

Its like saying my neighbour drinks poison so why can't I ?

Imagine your child coming home saying: "My friends cross the street without looking so why can't I"?

Thats what the tribalism apologists on wazua do.
TAZ
#9 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 4:00:05 PM

@Klan....Where can i get the story, kindly post the link if you have it.

Uhuru, RAO, Kalonzo and Ruto....get rid of hawa watu and then maybe just maybe you might solve this issue of tribal voting.
Mtafiti
#10 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 4:37:53 PM

Gone?
alma1
#11 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 5:01:23 PM

noticed the hashtag armies never ever ever even once tweeted or commented on this issue. A real issue. Not uhuraira.

An issue that can happen to anyone anytime in the country.

So sad that it takes the death of someone for people to realise how messed up we really are.....Ooops spoke too soon erection time and the bloody tribes will come up again....

I shall never vote. Why bother. When I'm sick, there shall be no hospital jubilee or cord that shall take me.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Kratos
#12 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 5:08:33 PM

Alba wrote:
Kenyans are an interesting bunch. To most Kenyans, Having a member of your tribe in power is more important than addressing issues like crime, heavy traffic, poor health facilities, poor security etc.

When you mention that Kenya's penchant for tribal voting is a cancer, the tribalism apologists like petereborn, murchr, kratos and others will quickly attack you and justify Kenya's tribal voting by pointing to other countries.

Imagine your child coming home saying: "My friends cross the street without looking so why can't I"?

As sad as the issue is, you have a very narrow focus on real issues. There is nothing personal that any politician from any divide would have done to prevent Madaga's situation from happening other than the medical staff and administration at KNH. You keep barking about tribalism, whilst its a genuine concern IT IS NOT THE ROOT CAUSE OF ALL PROBLEMS!

Read the stories below and tell me how TRIBALISM influenced it.
Quote:
Texas Man Dies After Waiting 16 Hours for Treatment in ER Simon Gutierrez,

SAN ANTONIO --

A spokeswoman for University Hospital has confirmed a man who witnesses say waited close to 16 hours in the emergency room died Tuesday morning.

Alfred Garza, who said he spoke to the man while also awaiting treatment, said the man was in obvious pain and told him he had been waiting in the ER since 8:00 a.m. Monday.

Garza said he noticed the man in distress at about midnight and asked a nurse to check his vital signs.

"She stood up and went and talked to another nurse, and they just stood at the window and looked at him," said Garza.

Garza said he sat next to the man a half-hour later and noticed he appeared to have stopped breathing. This time, he said he was able to get a nurse to attend to him.

Quote:
Reports have emerged that a man died in a hospital waiting room in New York City more than eight hours after he sought emergency care.

According to multiple reports, 30-year-old John Verrier entered the emergency room of St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx at around 10 p.m. on Jan. 12 complaining about a rash. He was found dead in the waiting room about 6:40 a.m. the next day when a guard failed to wake him up.

St. Barnabas Hospital spokesperson Steve Clark confirmed the timeline around Verrier's death to CBS News, but said the details of what actually happened had been glossed over by many.

“Probably this scenario in this shape and form has happened in any big hospital in New York City,” he said.

Quote:
Family of man who died waiting in ER can sue, court rules
WINNIPEG -- Manitoba's highest court has ruled that the family of a man who died during a 34-hour hospital emergency room wait can sue the health authority for a breach of charter and privacy rights.

Lower courts struck out the heart of the lawsuit filed by the family of Brian Sinclair, ruling his loved ones couldn't sue because those rights died with him in 2008. Lawyers for Sinclair's family argued it was absurd that the family of a man who died because he didn't receive proper care couldn't sue because he was dead.

The reason I have randomly quoted stories from the internet is because your tired one line narrative that tribalism is to blame for all our problems and that people like me (as if you personally know me) are responsible is as lame as they come. If you do not want to be challenged on the validity of your arguments its better you keep to your arm chair analysis of Kenyan football where you think Nyamweya is the problem.

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
alma1
#13 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 5:16:52 PM

Alba you wrote this

Soon after you said that, some fellow decided to quote Americans.

AlphDoti
#14 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 5:21:16 PM

Kratos wrote:
Alba wrote:

As sad as the issue is, you have a very narrow focus on real issues. There is nothing personal that any politician from any divide would have done to prevent Madaga's situation from happening other than the medical staff and administration at KNH. You keep barking about tribalism, whilst its a genuine concern IT IS NOT THE ROOT CAUSE OF ALL PROBLEMS!

Read the stories below and tell me how TRIBALISM influenced it.
Quote:
Texas Man Dies After Waiting 16 Hours for Treatment in ER Simon Gutierrez,

SAN ANTONIO --

A spokeswoman for University Hospital has confirmed a man who witnesses say waited close to 16 hours in the emergency room died Tuesday morning.

Alfred Garza, who said he spoke to the man while also awaiting treatment, said the man was in obvious pain and told him he had been waiting in the ER since 8:00 a.m. Monday.

Garza said he noticed the man in distress at about midnight and asked a nurse to check his vital signs.

"She stood up and went and talked to another nurse, and they just stood at the window and looked at him," said Garza.

Garza said he sat next to the man a half-hour later and noticed he appeared to have stopped breathing. This time, he said he was able to get a nurse to attend to him.

Quote:
Reports have emerged that a man died in a hospital waiting room in New York City more than eight hours after he sought emergency care.

According to multiple reports, 30-year-old John Verrier entered the emergency room of St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx at around 10 p.m. on Jan. 12 complaining about a rash. He was found dead in the waiting room about 6:40 a.m. the next day when a guard failed to wake him up.

St. Barnabas Hospital spokesperson Steve Clark confirmed the timeline around Verrier's death to CBS News, but said the details of what actually happened had been glossed over by many.

“Probably this scenario in this shape and form has happened in any big hospital in New York City,” he said.

Quote:
Family of man who died waiting in ER can sue, court rules
WINNIPEG -- Manitoba's highest court has ruled that the family of a man who died during a 34-hour hospital emergency room wait can sue the health authority for a breach of charter and privacy rights.

Lower courts struck out the heart of the lawsuit filed by the family of Brian Sinclair, ruling his loved ones couldn't sue because those rights died with him in 2008. Lawyers for Sinclair's family argued it was absurd that the family of a man who died because he didn't receive proper care couldn't sue because he was dead.

The reason I have randomly quoted stories from the internet is because your tired one line narrative that tribalism is to blame for all our problems and that people like me (as if you personally know me) are responsible is as lame as they come. If you do not want to be challenged on the validity of your arguments its better you keep to your arm chair analysis of Kenyan football where you think Nyamweya is the problem.

This is exactly the point @kratos. In fact @alba threw the bait and you swallowed it. You did exactly what he said you are doing: tolerate mediocre because our neighbours do.

@alba told you: Imagine your child coming home saying: "My friends cross the street without looking so why can't I"?
Kratos
#15 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 5:27:30 PM

From the above two posts it is clear that none of them even tried to understand the argument. The point am engaging alba on is tribalism, but hey why bother with getting the argument when you can lash out at the commentator.

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
alma1
#16 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 5:32:53 PM

Kratos wrote:
From the above two posts it is clear that none of them even tried to understand the argument. The point am engaging alba on is tribalism, but hey why bother with getting the argument when you can leash out at the commentator.

We understood you very clearly. Even in America people die in hospitals. They don't have a tribe so dying in hospital is not a tribal issue as Alba wants to claim. In fact, you said the politicians can't do anything about it.

Alba on the other hand was expressing his disatisfaction with the current state of affairs. He believes we can do more. Especially if we stop voting in people who can't perform simply because of our tribal affiliations.

Yes

We understood both your points very clearly.

Let the people decide which of the two arguments is valid.

Sorry I forgot my hashtag #letthepeopledecide

Kratos
#17 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 5:39:21 PM

alma1 wrote:
Kratos wrote:
From the above two posts it is clear that none of them even tried to understand the argument. The point am engaging alba on is tribalism, but hey why bother with getting the argument when you can leash out at the commentator.

We understood you very clearly. Even in America people die in hospitals. They don't have a tribe so dying in hospital is not a tribal issue as Alba wants to claim. In fact, you said the politicians can't do anything about it.

Alba on the other hand was expressing his disatisfaction with the current state of affairs. He believes we can do more. Especially if we stop voting in people who can't perform simply because of our tribal affiliations.

Yes

Sorry I forgot my hashtag

#letthepeopledecide

And that was my argument, plain and simple.

alma1
#18 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 5:41:05 PM

Kratos wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Kratos wrote:

Yes

Sorry I forgot my hashtag

#letthepeopledecide

And that was my argument, plain and simple.

Don't worry, we understood you clearly.

mawinder
#19 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 6:37:16 PM

Heck was a tribalist till I realized the folly of it. Kenya will only prosper the day we have a president from a community that is not a big tribe e.g. Samburu etc. Madaga could as well be your brother, uncle, son etc. This bullshit of Cord, Jubilee, LDP, TNA, URP etc will take us down.
Taurrus
#20 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2015 6:48:51 PM

RIP