wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

23 Pages«<56789>»
M-Akiba treasury bonds via mobile
Chaka
#121 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2017 9:40:33 PM

Yaani Wanjiku's turn to eat..?
obiero wrote:

On grounds of ethical principle, I will keep off this m-akiba thing. It's however not a bad offer, as an investment

Angelica _ann
#122 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2017 11:07:21 PM

Chaka wrote:
obiero wrote:

On grounds of ethical principle, I will keep off this m-akiba thing. It's however not a bad offer, as an investment

Shiko atashangaa when now he wants to trade bond. Reality checks in smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Taurrus
#123 Posted : Sunday, April 02, 2017 12:39:14 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Chaka wrote:
obiero wrote:

What will be the issue then?
Chaka
#124 Posted : Sunday, April 02, 2017 6:48:12 PM

Will it be possible to trade the bond in the sec. market via phone?
Taurrus wrote:

gatoho
#125 Posted : Sunday, April 02, 2017 8:50:23 PM

What happens if I lose my number
Foresight..
Pesa Nane
#126 Posted : Sunday, April 02, 2017 9:45:05 PM

gatoho wrote:

Not to worry. CDS is the main thing.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
newfarer
#127 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 6:17:34 AM

Taurrus wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Chaka wrote:
obiero wrote:

tell us Angie
punda amecheka
Gatheuzi
#128 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 7:50:14 AM

newfarer wrote:
Taurrus wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Chaka wrote:
obiero wrote:

tell us Angie

Haircut 101.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
Angelica _ann
#129 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 8:05:56 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Taurrus wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Chaka wrote:
obiero wrote:

tell us Angie

Haircut 101.

The bond is for 3 years. I assume that many will not be able to hold the bond to maturity ...April 2020. Do they know the process of selling bonds and the intrigues/dynamics therein?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Pesa Nane
#130 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 10:35:11 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Taurrus wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Chaka wrote:
obiero wrote:

tell us Angie

Haircut 101.

The bond is for 3 years. I assume that many will not be able to hold the bond to maturity ...April 2020. Do they know the process of selling bonds and the intrigues/dynamics therein?

Wanjikonomics are very different. It is we Wanjikus that form the bulk of the SACCO deposits. These SACCO deposits are majority held to maturity (saving in perpetuity with no possibility of withdrawal - other than a fraction LOAN here and there).
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
newfarer
#131 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 3:26:06 PM

Angie how long will it take if wanjiko wants cash against the bond, ie to sell
punda amecheka
Chaka
#132 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 4:17:07 PM

I am thinking as follows:
Wanjiku should be enabled to 'sambaza' her bond partly or wholly someone else in exchange
for an agreed amount
( willing seller/willing buyer)..i,e bypass the broker,should she wish to sell..

newfarer wrote:

Angelica _ann
#133 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 4:21:40 PM

Chaka wrote:
Wanjiku should be enabled to 'sambaza' her bond partly or wholly someone of her choice in exchange
for an agreed amount
( willing seller/willing buyer)..i,e bypass the broker

newfarer wrote:

Who will maintain that register/registry? Brokers to be bypassed, how will they eat, think cartels. Remember Wanjiko has already been assigned brokers 'by force'/without their choice. Anyway let us wait and see .... laggard smile smile smile
maka
#134 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 4:26:23 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Wanjiku should be enabled to 'sambaza' her bond partly or wholly someone of her choice in exchange
for an agreed amount

newfarer wrote:

Who will maintain that register/registry? Brokers to be bypassed, how will they eat, think cartels. Remember Wanjiko has already been assigned brokers 'by force'/without their choice. Anyway let us wait and see .... laggard smile smile smile

This money is too small to have cartels...bonds trading is money making when you do massive volumes if i trade 100m plus and trade 20-30bPS...split 2 way...buyer and seller side one can easily take home 500k-800k on a single trade...lumping up the small small bond holders makes it stressful am sure the likes of Kestrel are not in this thing....
possunt quia posse videntur
Wakanyugi
#135 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 4:33:20 PM

maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Chaka wrote:
for an agreed amount

newfarer wrote:

This money is too small to have cartels...bonds trading is money making when you do massive volumes if i trade 100m plus and trade 20-30bPS...split 2 way...buyer and seller side one can easily take home 500k-800k on a single trade...lumping up the small small bond holders makes it stressful am sure the likes of Kestrel are not in this thing....

Nevertheless this could be a great opportunity for a creative broker. Simply put together a digital aggregator program that links with Mpesa/Airtel/CDSS and hire a few sharp fellows to do marketing. Think MFI on steroids, less the high transaction costs.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
maka
#136 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 4:34:31 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Chaka wrote:
for an agreed amount

newfarer wrote:

Nevertheless this could be a great opportunity for a creative broker. Simply put together a digital aggregator program that links with Mpesa/Airtel/CDSS and hire a few sharp fellows to do marketing. Think MFI on steroids, less the high transaction costs.

We have old school brokers who don't want stress...Sad To them having massive accounts is just a headache...
Angelica _ann
#137 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 4:59:18 PM

maka wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Chaka wrote:
for an agreed amount

newfarer wrote:

We have old school brokers who don't want stress...Sad To them having massive accounts is just a headache...

so @maka what will happen to Wanjiko who will want to sell before the 3 years?????
Impunity
#138 Posted : Thursday, April 06, 2017 6:31:57 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Chaka wrote:
for an agreed amount

newfarer wrote:

so @maka what will happen to Wanjiko who will want to sell before the 3 years?????

Kinyozi pap!

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#139 Posted : Thursday, April 06, 2017 9:13:55 AM

Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Chaka wrote:
for an agreed amount

newfarer wrote:

Kinyozi pap!

Really depends where the demand for that specific m akiba bond is...but il ask you a simple question why would I as an FM or even broker buy m akiba at 10% net when i can get an IFB paying 11 or 12 % coupon at a yield of 13.20 to 13.50?every extra basis points count towards my return at the end of the day...
gatoho
#140 Posted : Thursday, April 06, 2017 10:10:27 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
gatoho wrote:

Not to worry. CDS is the main thing.

Oh I was Thinking CDS wasn't required ati you just need a mpesa ac
Foresight..