wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

23 Pages«<1516171819>»
M-Akiba treasury bonds via mobile
Pesa Nane
#321 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 12:23:58 PM

MatataMingi wrote:
10% Tax Free is not a bad return. About 11.75% Gross
How much can a person invest, I mean the maximum.

There is no ceiling. Put as much as you may wish.

NB:
Mobile payments (M-Pesa and others) have a transaction limit of Ksh. 140,000.00 per day
PesaLink on the other hand has a transaction limit of Ksh. 999,999.00 but NO LIMIT to the number of transactions per day. You are 'unlimited' hapa.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Ericsson
#322 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 12:40:05 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

NB:
Mobile payments (M-Pesa and others) have a transaction limit of Ksh. 140,000.00 per day
PesaLink on the other hand has a transaction limit of Ksh. 999,999.00 but NO LIMIT to the number of transactions per day. You are 'unlimited' hapa.

10% return is too low
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
DangerMouse
#323 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 11:13:28 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

NB:

10% return is too low

Hmmm..do share where else you can get more than 10% guaranteed tax-free return.
mlennyma
#324 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 4:40:39 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

NB:

10% return is too low

Good for fund managers and tycoons...I don't see any normal wanjiku keeping 3000 for 1year to get 300bob
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Impunity
#325 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:48:43 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

NB:

10% return is too low

Good for fund managers and tycoons...I don't see any normal wanjiku keeping 3000 for 1year to get 300bob

Peanut for real.

You to deposit those to stolen money to make sense here.
Otherwise wanjiku can easily double her 3K in 2 days selling bananas on the traffic jam.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

murchr
#326 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2019 7:33:19 AM

Anyone who's successfully queried their balance?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
DangerMouse
#327 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2019 8:57:58 AM

murchr wrote:

Nothing seems to work on that USSD app. Mpesa transactions are going through but it doesn't reflect in your account. Their customer support is just terrible. With such barriers to entry, M-Akiba is dead in the water.
murchr
#328 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2019 3:58:11 PM

DangerMouse wrote:
murchr wrote:

Nothing seems to work on that USSD app. Mpesa transactions are going through but it doesn't reflect in your account. Their customer support is just terrible. With such barriers to entry, M-Akiba is dead in the water.

Thanks i thought i was the only one. Terrible customer service.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
NewMoney
#329 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2019 10:47:44 PM

Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

NB:

10% return is too low

Peanut for real.

Otherwise wanjiku can easily double her 3K in 2 days selling bananas on the traffic jam.

This kind of mentality only works for the hoi polloi living hand to mouth who can only afford selling labour to earn money. The kind of crowd I expect to find in this forum are people who make money work for them and appreciate any clean business that can earn upto 10% pa. 10% is an extra ordinary return on your investment if you are worth anything notable. This begs the questions, how many dollar millionaires do we have on this forum? 50%? 20%? 0%?
murchr
#330 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 2:34:40 AM

NewMoney wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

NB:

10% return is too low

Peanut for real.

This kind of mentality only works for the hoi polloi living hand to mouth who can only afford selling labour to earn money. The kind of crowd I expect to find in this forum are people who make money work for them and appreciate any clean business that can earn upto 10% pa. 10% is an extra ordinary return on your investment if you are worth anything notable. This begs the questions, how many dollar millionaires do we have on this forum? 50%? 20%? 0%?

Don't pay attention to what these people say here, they are secretly buying. Mind your wallet.
Impunity
#331 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 7:59:11 AM

NewMoney wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

NB:

10% return is too low

Peanut for real.

It will a hopeless exercise to put 100K in such venture when you can earn but some bags of maize in low season and sell in high demand season.
If you can put say 10M at least in such venture then it can make sense.

It's not only a matter of clean return,but also opportunity cost.

Impunity
#332 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 8:00:47 AM

murchr wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

NB:

10% return is too low

Peanut for real.

Don't pay attention to what these people say here, they are secretly buying. Mind your wallet.

smile smile

NewMoney
#333 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 10:11:08 AM

murchr wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

NB:

10% return is too low

Peanut for real.

Cool. Very sneaky people. Anyway, my challenge with M-Akiba is that I am starting to lose confidence in the governments ability to pay its debts especially if the current borrowing trend continues. I would prefer a dollar index fund with a history of hitting 6% . The risk with the two is more or less the same now
Angelica _ann
#334 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 10:28:50 AM

NewMoney wrote:
murchr wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

NB:

10% return is too low

Peanut for real.

Cool. Very sneaky people. Anyway, my challenge with M-Akiba is that I am starting to lose confidence in the governments ability to pay its debts especially if the current borrowing trend continues. I would prefer a dollar index fund with a history of hitting 6% . The risk with the two is more or less the same now

Who allowed this hello to question wazee's wisdom in this forum. He should also know being a $$$ millionaire means nothing if you can't understand what @tycho writes. Respect your elders.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
NewMoney
#335 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2019 11:17:51 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
murchr wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
Impunity wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

NB:

10% return is too low

Peanut for real.

Who allowed this hello to question wazee's wisdom in this forum. He should also know being a $$$ millionaire means nothing if you can't understand what @tycho writes. Respect your elders.

Noted
deadpoet
#336 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2019 7:25:54 AM

Are people still having issues with this? Thinking of buying this week.
Impunity
#337 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2019 2:58:46 PM

I registered on mobile platform 2 working days ago,till now I haven't received my registration approval.
How long will it take?
The deadline for buying is 8th March.

DangerMouse
#338 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2019 5:38:53 PM

Impunity wrote:
I registered on mobile platform 2 working days ago,till now I haven't received my registration approval.
How long will it take?
The deadline for buying is 8th March.

Their systems are just a let down. Registered a week ago. Made a deposit which hasn't reflected in my account 6 days later and up to now they're still saying they're following up with their partner. Whoever this partner is they need to drop them.
Impunity
#339 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 4:23:23 PM

Has anyone bought this thing using pesa-link?
How did you go about it?
Pesa-link cannot accept 889 as a mobile number.

DangerMouse
#340 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2019 4:43:45 PM

Impunity wrote:
Has anyone bought this thing using pesa-link?
How did you go about it?
Pesa-link cannot accept 889 as a mobile number.

If you select "Send to Phone" and enter 889 it works. Then you enter the amount and your ID number as payment reason. After that you're on your own. I didn't get a confirmation message afterwards nor do I know how to check my balance.

Just seen on Twirra that KCB and Stanbic Bank apps don't accept 889 as a valid phone number.