wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<34567>»
Making the Ugali Machine
murchr
#81 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 8:38:11 PM

masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
Read widely broda....don't close your thoughts to just one book.

its all about finding 2 things...
1) Product/Solution Fit
2) Product-Market Fit
Without both - you are not getting to the pragmatists! And it's for new stuff... your first version of the Ugali Maker can only be compared to the digital camera in 1996... only in a much smaller market... with lots of poor people!

And your assumptions are

1. The inventor will not create a machine that would render the sufuria and mwiko irrelevant

2. The market (those who eat Ugali) are too poor to make the purchase. Pragmatists play catchup all the time. As one tell me you still use firewood in your house and I will believe your theory.

Wrong assumptions...maybe for you after a few shillings and cents, you don't pertake of Ugali anymore because your taste has changed and you indulge more in gourmet food, but just look around,how many hotels have incorporated ugali in their menu? I know many wazuans who cant go a day without ugali and I can also say they are not poor in any way. You know...even b4 the sufuria, there were clay pots, and b4 plates and spoons there were calabashes and guards.

As for the digital camera...where is Kodak today? Do you know Kodak made the first digital camera in 1975 but they dropped it because it threatened their film developing business...
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
washiku
#82 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 10:25:58 AM

hardwood
#83 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 12:03:08 PM

Quote:
Well I agree that a Ugali machine should be invented. I am a Canadian Mzungu who lives in Canada with my Kenyan wife. When she makes Ugali ( always in a pot that's too small ! ), she always burns the pot and the Ugali overflows out of the pot...what a mess ! So please invent that machine and send me one...I'm tired of cleaning up !
masukuma
#84 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 12:13:48 PM

hardwood wrote:

Quote:
Well I agree that a Ugali machine should be invented. I am a Canadian Mzungu who lives in Canada with my Kenyan wife. When she makes Ugali ( always in a pot that's too small ! ), she always burns the pot and the Ugali overflows out of the pot...what a mess ! So please invent that machine and send me one...I'm tired of cleaning up !

he does not love ugali - he hates cleaning up after it... anyway...we have wasted enough of our time discussing a parallel universe that has an ugali maker and since it's all moot unless someone decides to invent the ugali maker.... let someone make it!!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Anti_Burglar
#85 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 12:21:00 PM

masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

he does not love ugali - he hates cleaning up after it... anyway...we have wasted enough of our time discussing a parallel universe that has an ugali maker and since it's all moot unless someone decides to invent the ugali maker.... let someone make it!!

Yes. Ugali machine proponents, when can we expect to see your machine in the market?
masukuma
#86 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 1:57:46 PM

Anti_Burglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Yes. Ugali machine proponents, when can we expect to see your machine in the market?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly they don't have a clue... all they want is a "me too" product that is not driven by any type of need or feasible market for a consumer electronic device.
Anti_Burglar
#87 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 2:47:28 PM

masukuma wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly they don't have a clue... all they want is a "me too" product that is not driven by any type of need or feasible market for a consumer electronic device.

hardwood
#88 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 2:51:40 PM

masukuma wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

There is a need. Surely every one would want a gadget they just pour in some water and unga, then put the switch on and viola after 10mins, it beeps to inform you that your ugali is ready to serve. If we have coffee making machines, rice cookers, chapati makers, why not an ugali maker?
Impunity
#89 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 2:55:38 PM

Anti_Burglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

I have been developing (in my thoughts) the ugali making machine for much of my high school and campus life...I came up with very complicated contraption that might make the machine very difficult to maintain.

Well its easier to make a Ugali machine that can make Ugali with a Vickers Hardness test value equal to that of Ugali made in Zambia,Nyassaland and ZIM.
This could be done easily using a machine like the concrete mixer or mixing the right amount of ingredient and letting them cook in some solar basket.

However, to make a Ugali machine with Vicker's harness value equals to the standard of Ugali cooked in Western Kenya and Luo-Nyanza, you will need a more intelligent machine.
The machine should also be very robust and have inbuilt temperature sensors on the cooking stick to self-time the right time to add flour.
This heavy duty machine should also have olfactory sensors to detect the "smell" the ugali burning towards the end of the cooking...

All is not lost however since I am still imaging to tome up with options which can give the same Vicker's hardness number but with less complications.

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

hardwood
#90 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 3:20:23 PM

Impunity wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

I have been developing (in my thoughts) the ugali making machine for much of my high school and campus life...I came up with very complicated contraption that might make the machine very difficult to maintain.

Well its easier to make a Ugali machine that can make Ugali with a Vickers Hardness test value equal to that of Ugali made in Zambia,Nyassaland and ZIM.
This could be done easily using a machine like the concrete mixer or mixing the right amount of ingredient and letting them cook in some solar basket.

However, to make a Ugali machine with Vicker's harness value equals to the standard of Ugali cooked in Western Kenya and Luo-Nyanza, you will need a more intelligent machine.
The machine should also be very robust and have inbuilt temperature sensors on the cooking stick to self-time the right time to add flour.
This heavy duty machine should also have olfactory sensors to detect the "smell" the ugali burning towards the end of the cooking...

All is not lost however since I am still imaging to tome up with options which can give the same Vicker's hardness number but with less complications.

We will need to get inspiration from the washing machine. It knows when to add water, detergent, when to rinse, spin, and even the length of the washing since it senses the load and adjusts the time accordingly. It can even heat water and wash at the temperature that you want eg. 30, 60, 90C.

Making an ugali machine that just mixes water and unga and cooks at some temp while turning the mixture should be much easier.
Impunity
#91 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 3:26:11 PM

hardwood wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

We will need to get inspiration from the washing machine. It knows when to add water, detergent, when to rinse, spin, and even the length of the washing since it senses the load and adjusts the time accordingly. It can even heat water and wash at the temperature that you want eg. 30, 60, 90C.

Making an ugali machine that just mixes water and unga and cooks at some temp while turning the mixture should be much easier.

Have you ever prepared/cooed Ugali my brother?
A good a ugali which has breathed?

The washing machine technology is no match. There is a way the Ugali is turned at a certain time and fire/heat increased while holding Unga addition till listing the that "ssssssss...." sound and then deciding whether to add unga or not.

Othelo
#92 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 4:50:54 PM

You need to sweat into the ugali sufuria kwa ladha halisi ya ugali!!!
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
masukuma
#93 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 5:42:05 PM

all I see is talk... I DARE someone to make the contraption, sell it and become a financial success! I DARE!!! I promise I will buy one for you (Even though my wife told me that she would not buy one coz "haoni shida ya kuAutomate") ... but coz of this discussion - I WILL BUY A VERSION 0.1 product hata kama ni ya kukaa kwa shelf as a reminder of me eating humble pie... so I DARE HIM/HER!
murchr
#94 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 5:46:05 PM

masukuma wrote:
all I see is talk... I DARE someone to make the contraption, sell it and become a financial success! I DARE!!! I promise I will buy one for you (Even though my wife told me that she would not buy one coz "haoni shida ya kuAutomate") ... but coz of this discussion - I WILL BUY A VERSION 0.1 product hata kama ni ya kukaa kwa shelf as a reminder of me eating humble pie... so I DARE HIM/HER!

Who said this is the first invention...so many have dared to make even more complex stuff. Are you imagining that since you can't no one else can?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
masukuma
#95 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 5:56:47 PM

murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Who said this is the first invention...so many have dared to make even more complex stuff. Are you imagining that since you can't no one else can?

si u build one basi! ama ni domo domo tu!
murchr
#96 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 6:11:15 PM

masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Shida iko wapi...I thought hauitaki? Am sure someone is. It could be me...Time will tell
Impunity
#97 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 6:42:36 PM

murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Shida iko wapi...I thought hauitaki? Am sure someone is. It could be me...Time will tell

I will make one for you guys, trust me.

masukuma
#98 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 7:08:10 PM

Impunity wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:

I will make one for you guys, trust me.

Applause Applause Applause Applause finally! someone who dares... hizo zingine ni vitisho na kelele.
tycho
#99 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 8:04:27 PM

Meanwhile as @impunity makes a version, tunaweza endelea kuongea. Bado hii machine inaweza pika matoke, uji, na nini ingine?

'Hot blender' ya kutengeza thick soup. Labda this machine has a market...
murchr
#100 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 8:18:40 PM

masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Domo is the beginning of everything. You forget you domo'd it saying it can never happen Laughing out loudly