MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
I can't pay more than 12bob

A PE of 3.2???

Ama the decision is based on dividend yield?

kplc will never be run to please the shareholder

And then why do you want to buy??

because my price offer factors the frustration involved

Okay. Then get your cheque book ready. You might just get a chance to buy @ that price on Friday 6th November 2015 (Next Friday).

If it doesn't happen by then, then it will not be happening any time soon!

@mlennyma - Is your cheque book out and dusted???

my cds is fully loaded Iam watching keenly if it doesn't come I will be patient until it goes ex div
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
MaichBlack
#42 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2015 12:18:02 PM

dunkang wrote:
Eeeeh, wazuanas, kwani whats going on in here? Anything i missed? That fall can't be becoz of the bear, is it?

It is because I said it will happen by Friday this week! He he he.

Wewe nunua!!! You have a 3 days buying window - if you can deal with the bear induced fear!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Muthawamunene
#43 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2015 2:39:00 PM

dunkang wrote:
Eeeeh, wazuanas, kwani whats going on in here? Anything i missed? That fall can't be becoz of the bear, is it?

- GOK policies for the future see it spending more rather than saving and pleasing share holders.

Power transmission losses can be stubborn to curb sometimes requiring a complete overhaul which means more money spent.

- The mediocre performance announced recently was the straw that broke the investor's back. The growth in profit and customer numbers was marginal in my opinion and is expected to remain marginal in the future.

So yes, peeps are dumping this thing like they just found out its got the herp.

But, like the herp, it won't kill you. If one can stomach slow consistent growth over a long period of time, then this share is good, especially at the PE mentioned in a post above.
watesh
#44 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2015 2:44:09 PM

Muthawamunene wrote:
dunkang wrote:

- GOK policies for the future see it spending more rather than saving and pleasing share holders.

Power transmission losses can be stubborn to curb sometimes requiring a complete overhaul which means more money spent.

- The mediocre performance announced recently was the straw that broke the investor's back. The growth in profit and customer numbers was marginal in my opinion and is expected to remain marginal in the future.

So yes, peeps are dumping this thing like they just found out its got the herp.

But, like the herp, it won't kill you. If one can stomach slow consistent growth over a long period of time, then this share is good, especially at the PE mentioned in a post above.

For me i expected some form of rise in dividend...even if its 0.10 BUUUT the same thing for 4 years..
Muthawamunene
#45 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2015 1:04:39 PM

Okay, this KPLC thing has started to hurt my portfolio. Wah!! Saw this hash tag on twitter #someoneTellChumo.
mlennyma
#46 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2015 11:53:35 AM

Getting our dream prices continues to appear illusive and many will be left holding the feathers when the Bird finally flies
MaichBlack
#47 Posted : Friday, November 06, 2015 12:08:29 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Getting our dream prices continues to appear illusive and many will be left holding the feathers when the Bird finally flies

He he he.

Hiyo ndiyo shida ya bear. Unangojea share ground floor inafika 3rd floor inaanza kurudi juu. unafikiria itarudi chini tena because you have seen over and over only this time it doesn't happen! Before you know, it is in the 30th floor. All you are left with is a story "Unajua hii share 2015 ilikuwa imefika 3rd floor...."
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#48 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 5:44:27 PM

mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

A PE of 3.2???

Okay. Then get your cheque book ready. You might just get a chance to buy @ that price on Friday 6th November 2015 (Next Friday).

my cds is fully loaded Iam watching keenly if it doesn't come I will be patient until it goes ex div

@mlennyma - I told you the best price you will get will be by Friday 6th November and if you don't buy by then, it will be a long time before you see those price again!

I hope you have seen the prices today!
mlennyma
#49 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 8:48:12 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

A PE of 3.2???

@mlennyma - I told you the best price you will get will be by Friday 6th November and if you don't buy by then, it will be a long time before you see those price again!

a lesson to learn how in a similar way the market will leave many waiting for the bottom
mwekez@ji
#50 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 9:12:04 PM

mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

A PE of 3.2???

a lesson to learn how in a similar way the market will leave many waiting for the bottom

Kabisa!
Angelica _ann
#51 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 9:34:43 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

A PE of 3.2???

Kabisa!

If you are positive about the fundamentals of a share, then but pole pole over this period (please not average down). Here you are buying to invest in the company!!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
muandiwambeu
#52 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 9:31:18 PM

Dear Customer, we have temporarily suspended payments through Posta. Please pay your bills through alternative pay points. Any inconvenience is highly regretted. Link. My sms
Kplc divorces posta before men and god. Did posta thieve that pay check am suffering attriation from agression of the green monster? This leaves me with no other reason to get a treat from posta. Who else is to fall by green monsters wrath
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Ericsson
#53 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 4:45:33 PM

In the 2015 annual report I note the Board of Trustees of the National Security Fund is out of the top 20 shareholders list.
Meaning NSSF disposed of its entire stake in the company
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
murchr
#54 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 10:41:43 PM

Business Daily wrote:
Kenya Power is seeking contractors to fit energy saving bulbs in Kenyan households as it moves to tame the peak demand for electricity.

http://www.businessdaily.../-/p2esepz/-/index.html

This is how money is stolen. Why not lobby the various govt organizations to ban these energy guzzlers?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Boris Boyka
#55 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2015 8:56:10 AM

Going forward
Quote:
Dear Customer, We stopped sending paper bills. To receive your bill register via mobile *551# or KPLC Website. Remember to De-register when you change houses.

1. Safaricom will continue to fatten.
2. KPLC is susceptible to public pressure in that if it makes a huge profit and pays handsome dividends (Mama Ngina will be mentioned adversely as the top dividend receiver) Kenyans will lament and call for reduced costs of thitima with wailer being on top.
3. @ MaichBlack your deadline passed and I see its hovering in lower 13's.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
mlennyma
#56 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 11:27:35 AM

Iam gearing for Christmas offer on stocks,my targets kplc,nic,kcb,i know the windows will open when people go for holiday
Grand
#57 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2016 10:47:34 AM

The CEO report in FY 2015 report, does not mention shareholders or investors in the company except for the quoted vision.The most expensive debt at 16% from Equity is not serviced in the year under consideration-not even a cent! I thought they should prioritize most expensive debt over the cheaper ones. I think the management of this company does not value investor returns. I wonder how many shares the CEO owns, i will not be surprised if infact it is zero.
VituVingiSana
#58 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2016 11:27:26 AM

Grand wrote:
The CEO report in FY 2015 report, does not mention shareholders or investors in the company except for the quoted vision.The most expensive debt at 16% from Equity is not serviced in the year under consideration-not even a cent! I thought they should prioritize most expensive debt over the cheaper ones. I think the management of this company does not value investor returns. I wonder how many shares the CEO owns, i will not be surprised if infact it is zero.

I have not heard good things about Ben Chumo. As I understand it, corruption is rampant in the organization.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mthaka
#59 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2016 11:38:20 AM

As of Mar 05, 2016, the consensus forecast amongst 5 polled investment analysts covering Kenya Power and Lighting Company Ltd advises that the company will outperform the market.
so BUY BUY remember they have 21.1 billions in reserve
mlennyma
#60 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2016 12:18:42 PM

mthaka wrote:
As of Mar 05, 2016, the consensus forecast amongst 5 polled investment analysts covering Kenya Power and Lighting Company Ltd advises that the company will outperform the market.
so BUY BUY remember they have 21.1 billions in reserve

I don't think we need analysts in obvious long term buys like kpc at current pricesmile