Hellios Billions from Equity Bank to buy Telkom kenya
webish
#41 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 8:29:35 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom is finishing Zuku on the internet to the home business.
Strong competitor to safaricom will only emerge if the other companies begin to run their businesses professionally and strategically

Zuku did not have sufficient muscle.. JTL is a better fit for such battles since it is held in proxy by the old man. I speak in code

JTL is in survival mode.It has lost a big chunk of it's business recently and is on the verge of closing down.
I'm an insider of the on-goings in JTL

Dear insider, do you know anyone by the name Mwaniki

I know Bor and their head of Networks. Was with him a month ago and we talked at length

Agreed.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
obiero
#42 Posted : Tuesday, June 06, 2017 9:35:54 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom is finishing Zuku on the internet to the home business.
Strong competitor to safaricom will only emerge if the other companies begin to run their businesses professionally and strategically

Zuku did not have sufficient muscle.. JTL is a better fit for such battles since it is held in proxy by the old man. I speak in code

JTL is in survival mode.It has lost a big chunk of it's business recently and is on the verge of closing down.

I know Bor and their head of Networks. Was with him a month ago and we talked at length

Here we are.. Calls at KES 1.80 to any network.. Telkom Kenya reborn http://www.businessdaily...957924-afq3p3/index.html

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#43 Posted : Tuesday, June 06, 2017 10:55:37 PM

Telkom Kenya have stated that their main target is Equitel and Airtel.
Those are the two operators they would like to give a run and grab their customers as they attempt to build market share
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#44 Posted : Tuesday, June 06, 2017 11:19:13 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Those are the two operators they would like to give a run and grab their customers as they attempt to build market share

They are thinking prudently.. I wish them well

obiero
#45 Posted : Tuesday, June 06, 2017 11:26:50 PM

Ericsson wrote:

They are thinking prudently.. I wish them well

sitaki.kujulikana
#46 Posted : Wednesday, June 07, 2017 2:02:37 PM

Ericsson wrote:

I have always thought the few guys who remain with airtel are loyal customers, very hard converting them, its like trying to win football fans, I think it would be easier to get guys from say man u or arsenal or chelsea than trying to convert say a west ham fan, huyo ni total loyalty.
wazuaguest
#47 Posted : Wednesday, June 07, 2017 3:00:01 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I have always thought the few guys who remain with airtel are loyal customers, very hard converting them, its like trying to win football fans, I think it would be easier to get guys from say man u or arsenal or chelsea than trying to convert say a west ham fan, huyo ni total loyalty.

Also thought the same.That pie chart is 70% green and 30 mixture of Brown and Red..If you were to aim at it like they do Archery its will take less effort aiming at green
Africa belongs to Africans.
obiero
#48 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 11:18:08 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Gaarment to pumpinto Telkom kenya KES 12 birrion

Wastage of our resources & avenues of thiefing Sad

Kama kawaida. #ThisIsKenya

The only plus is that Helios aren't jokers. They have an interest in (successful) Wananchi/Zuku which is pushing for Triple Play. Perhaps GoK (taxpayers) will make some money on this!

Telekom will give Safaricom things to think about in the near future.. Masting ongoing in far flung areas, such as Kapcheliba, Kandui, Elwak, Nyangusu..

Airtel and Co are finished.. Telkom is doing the right things http://www.businessdaily...306-114mn2cz/index.html

Ericsson
#49 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 6:52:47 AM

Safaricom and Airtel are now in fear coz finally they have a real potential strong competitor
chiaroscuro
#50 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 9:00:37 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Safaricom is finishing Zuku on the internet to the home business.

Here we are.. Calls at KES 1.80 to any network.. Telkom Kenya reborn http://www.businessdaily...57924-afq3p3/index.html[/quote]

Dead On Arrival!
same mistake made by Airtel and repeated by Orange. It has no effect in Kenyan market. And Safaricom knows this very well.
kayhara
#51 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 10:20:53 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom and Airtel are now in fear coz finally they have a real potential strong competitor

They have very Juicy data offers, looking forward to getting the unlimited one at 3,999/- for 50GB per month then the if you deplete this your speed is reduced to 1mbps, 1mbps is what I pay 3,000 for my internet provider curently smile smile
To Each His Own
Ericsson
#52 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 10:22:56 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Safaricom is finishing Zuku on the internet to the home business.

Here we are.. Calls at KES 1.80 to any network.. Telkom Kenya reborn http://www.businessdaily...57924-afq3p3/index.html[/quote]

Dead On Arrival!
same mistake made by Airtel and repeated by Orange. It has no effect in Kenyan market. And Safaricom knows this very well.

Money is in the data business where average spend is higher
Ericsson
#53 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 11:24:47 AM

Telkom Kenya will in August launch a new mobile money service. CEO Mareuse Aldo says they are in the final stages of testing the product
e295
#54 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 1:09:30 PM

Have they started looking for agents and distributors?
obiero
#55 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 6:00:35 PM

Ericsson wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:

Dead On Arrival!

Serious things happening at Telkom http://www.businessdaily...146822-s7tl2p/index.html

watesh
#56 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 1:52:15 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=obiero][quote=Ericsson]Safaricom is finishing Zuku on the internet to the home business.

Dead On Arrival!

Serious things happening at Telkom http://www.businessdaily...46822-s7tl2p/index.html[/quote]
They will definitely eat into Airtel's market. Safcom as the main sim card will never be easily replaced but sim card number 2 will always be rotated. This is where Airtel and Telkom will battle it out.
obiero
#57 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 6:17:32 AM

watesh wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=obiero][quote=Ericsson]Safaricom is finishing Zuku on the internet to the home business.

Dead On Arrival!

Serious things happening at Telkom http://www.businessdaily...46822-s7tl2p/index.html[/quote]
They will definitely eat into Airtel's market. Safcom as the main sim card will never be easily replaced but sim card number 2 will always be rotated. This is where Airtel and Telkom will battle it out.

These must have been the same kind of thoughts BBK management had about other banks in the mid 2000

watesh
#58 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 9:38:39 AM

obiero wrote:
watesh wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Dead On Arrival!

These must have been the same kind of thoughts BBK management had about other banks in the mid 2000

Safaricom is different from Barclays. Plus these prices given by Telkom are just slightly better and in some cases the same as what Safaricom offers. Everytime Safcom see people migrating they always adjust...
obiero
#59 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 9:57:29 AM

watesh wrote:
obiero wrote:
watesh wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Dead On Arrival!

Safaricom is different from Barclays. Plus these prices given by Telkom are just slightly better and in some cases the same as what Safaricom offers. Everytime Safcom see people migrating they always adjust...

I know what you are saying and agree that Safaricom is strong but Telkom is trying.. The partnership with Dstv on home fibre is an example of innovative thinking. The white men are good at strategy

tinker
#60 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 2:53:02 PM

Any relation between 'New'Telkom Kenya and Telkom South Africa. Their logos and colours looks almost a like.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..