http://www.businessdaily...20/-/bd661y/-/index.html
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
instinct
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2015 11:39:28 AM

Sasa hapa ndipo watachomeka kama makaa
mwekez@ji
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2015 1:16:43 PM

One thing I know for sure, Hellios are smart. There is a good chance they will make good mula from this shipwreck
mlennyma
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2015 1:47:02 PM

What strategy does rotich have for the struggling firm to start teaching other investors about strategy?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2015 1:59:30 PM

Hellios will use chief hustler to convince Rotich to give them the leeway to takeover Telkom Kenya.
Telkom Kenya just needs good and strategic managers to be profitable.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2015 2:36:09 PM

Telkom Kenya must be feeling like a whore.You get bought so many times with no improvement for you. lol.
watesh
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2015 3:49:56 PM

Unless they start leasing to MVNO companies eg banks the way equity did with Airtel, they can make some money like this, otherwise I dont see pple moving to Orange or whatever name it will be called
Nimerudi
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2015 10:25:10 PM

I'm seeing these guys either trying to merge the Telkom business with Zuku's offerings or just another PE fattening/stripping stunt.
Aguytrying
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2015 11:35:25 PM

This looks like good money chasing bad money
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
murchr
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 01, 2015 11:42:27 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
This looks like good money chasing bad money

Laughing out loudly Helios might just bail Orange out
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
VituVingiSana
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2015 12:07:39 AM

If Helios had remained in Equity & then bought out Telkom, I'd see possibilities. Instead of relying on Airtel, perhaps Equity should have bought out YU or Telkom together with a foreign and experienced telcom partner.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
whiteowl
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2015 1:06:15 AM

Selling a horse and buying a pig? I'm sure the bacon will be tasty
Muthawamunene
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2015 9:09:50 AM

Nimerudi wrote:
I'm seeing these guys either trying to merge the Telkom business with Zuku's offerings or just another PE fattening/stripping stunt.

Agreed. The Telkom - Zuku combination would be a very nice strategy.

Helios invests in markets that most main-listed companies blatantly fail to satisfy and come out winning. Like they did with Equity.

The home internet market is hugely untapped (just as banking was). It would take time for Zuku on its own to roll out infrastructure on its own even to places just outside Nairobi and its environs (I should know, I have been trying to get them to come to a place called Kiamumbi for months)

With Telkom's infrastructure, last mile connectivity will be fast. And Helios will bring efficiency to Telkom.

Lets face it, the only reason we use Safaricom is because the internet connection is the best we have so far (at least in places like Kiamumbi)
mnandii
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2015 9:32:16 AM

mlennyma wrote:
What strategy does rotich have for the struggling firm to start teaching other investors about strategy?

Good question. Drool
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
VituVingiSana
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2015 12:24:10 PM

Muthawamunene wrote:
Nimerudi wrote:

Helios invests in markets that most main-listed companies blatantly fail to satisfy and come out winning. Like they did with Equity.

The home internet market is hugely untapped (just as banking was). It would take time for Zuku on its own to roll out infrastructure on its own even to places just outside Nairobi and its environs (I should know, I have been trying to get them to come to a place called Kiamumbi for months)

With Telkom's infrastructure, last mile connectivity will be fast. And Helios will bring efficiency to Telkom.

Lets face it, the only reason we use Safaricom is because the internet connection is the best we have so far (at least in places like Kiamumbi)

Excellent point. Telkom manages NOBFI/NOFBI as well.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
watesh
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2015 12:36:44 PM

Muthawamunene wrote:
Nimerudi wrote:

You have a major point here considering they own part of Wananchi Group
Aguytrying
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2015 1:29:05 PM

They should try and sqeeze to get at least 95% ownership or buy everything. Because dealing with gava will weigh them down.
And gava being on safcom also, whats the incentive of gava for telkom to thrive??
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
VituVingiSana
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2015 4:11:49 PM

What I'd like to know is how do I become a shareholder of Wananchi Group? Or Helios?
Aguytrying
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2015 7:54:37 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
What I'd like to know is how do I become a shareholder of Wananchi Group? Or Helios?

I they really wanted gava out. They'd list Telekom, reduce gava ownership without public uproar because the shares are now owned by 'kenyans'. And with that they could simultaneously list wananchi. Sell off slowly to large cooperates over the next years like they sold equity.

with gava in there I'd like to see what they can achieve, im sceptic
muganda
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:51:12 AM