wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Flame Tree Group HY15 PAT up marginally
watesh
#81 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 5:50:27 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Could this be what Bangera is planning on?
http://www.businessdaily...494500-m614t/index.html

Build up the "beauty" business and then flip it?

This guy doesnt seem competitive enough in the beauty industry. International brands are edging him out. Zoe was among the leading brands back in the day but now people head for Nivea and the likes first.
Suzie Beauty still hasn't been heard since the buy out a year ago. He just sells tanks well, a space that doesnt have as many customers.
VituVingiSana
#82 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 9:48:46 AM

watesh wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Could this be what Bangera is planning on?
http://www.businessdaily...494500-m614t/index.html

Build up the "beauty" business and then flip it?

This guy doesnt seem competitive enough in the beauty industry. International brands are edging him out. Zoe was among the leading brands back in the day but now people head for Nivea and the likes first.
Suzie Beauty still hasn't been heard since the buy out a year ago. He just sells tanks well, a space that doesnt have as many customers.

Zoe was more popular than Nivea?
Sometimes, folks lose focus when they pick up another line/sector of business. No idea re: Suzie but I think Suzie was hyped i.e. there were very few outlets. Perhaps, he should sell off the "beauty" brands and stick to tanks & accessories!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#83 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:56:05 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
I prefer firms, whatever size, whose management I 'trust' but I want to be clear about one thing... I have been fooled many times.

KQ - I was a fan of Naikuni. I was conned. They started expanding too fast [ego] but the managements was in it for undeserved bonuses, salaries, perks and kickbacks. Shame on @VVS for missing the signs.

Olympia - Sigh. A con job from the beginning by Michael Matu with his father's support. Shady deals. Shame on @VVS for missing the signs.

Merali - I was lucky that I did not trust him from the beginning thanks to a gentleman who asked/advised me to read every line of the Information Memorandum of Firestone. He would cut side-deals e.g. Sameer Business Park that was structured to steal from the other shareholders.

TransCentury, HAFR - These listed at a time when I had (finally) learnt some lessons on what NOT to buy. I did not trust the management/board of either then. HAFR has a new board so it's a wait & see.

KenolKobil - Segman did a number on KK since his incentive (options package) was skewed to encourage gambling. And Segman did just that on currency and oil hedges. And lost. Ohana seems to be someone with more restraint. Lesson: Look at the CEOs (or decision-makers) incentives for making the decisions they make. Shame on @VVS for missing the signs.

Which brings me to FTG. So far, so good. It's not a spectacular firm. It's not a flashy firm. It's a firm that should plod along making profits & growing. The CEO's 80% shareholding is a huge plus since he has a lot to lose. AT THIS POINT, I do not believe he is a Matu or Merali hence I am OK investing (slowly) in FTG. This is not a core holding for me and unlikely to be in 2016 but one that I will definitely follow.

Misleading

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#84 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:59:46 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
watesh wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Not bad, though i wish they could breakdown how much profit each product is bringing in.

Look at that. This should cool down the fear mongering on this counter.

Guys, as long as he is not the next merali or matu. Buy like crazy.

After the excitement of these results expect price to continue dropping. PE is 3.95. the market is comfortable to buy safaricom at PE of 22. wow. if this firm turns out to be legit not olympia, eveready, adss, hafr style, money is what i will make

Surely

obiero
#85 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 8:04:03 PM

Liv wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Profit is an opinion, cash is a fact.
How badly are they affected by Tuskys, Naivas, Nakumatt cash crunch?

Sober men are rarely celebrated

VituVingiSana
#86 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:01:17 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
I prefer firms, whatever size, whose management I 'trust' but I want to be clear about one thing... I have been fooled many times.

KQ - I was a fan of Naikuni. I was conned. They started expanding too fast [ego] but the managements was in it for undeserved bonuses, salaries, perks and kickbacks. Shame on @VVS for missing the signs.

Olympia - Sigh. A con job from the beginning by Michael Matu with his father's support. Shady deals. Shame on @VVS for missing the signs.

Merali - I was lucky that I did not trust him from the beginning thanks to a gentleman who asked/advised me to read every line of the Information Memorandum of Firestone. He would cut side-deals e.g. Sameer Business Park that was structured to steal from the other shareholders.

TransCentury, HAFR - These listed at a time when I had (finally) learnt some lessons on what NOT to buy. I did not trust the management/board of either then. HAFR has a new board so it's a wait & see.

KenolKobil - Segman did a number on KK since his incentive (options package) was skewed to encourage gambling. And Segman did just that on currency and oil hedges. And lost. Ohana seems to be someone with more restraint. Lesson: Look at the CEOs (or decision-makers) incentives for making the decisions they make. Shame on @VVS for missing the signs.

Which brings me to FTG. So far, so good. It's not a spectacular firm. It's not a flashy firm. It's a firm that should plod along making profits & growing. The CEO's 80% shareholding is a huge plus since he has a lot to lose. AT THIS POINT, I do not believe he is a Matu or Merali hence I am OK investing (slowly) in FTG. This is not a core holding for me and unlikely to be in 2016 but one that I will definitely follow.

Misleading
I understand your position. It's worrying that FTGH may not contribute to bailing out KQ. #TukoPamoja
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett