wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Flame Tree Group HY15 PAT up marginally
Pesa Nane
#1 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 6:21:37 PM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Aguytrying
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 1:41:31 PM

Based on the shareholding structure and aggression. This is the next ARM! I wasn't in NSE in the first one. I'll be damned if I let this one leave me behind. Let's how well the bear 🐻 can hammer it.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
VituVingiSana
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:40:30 PM

The CEO owns 80% ... Yes, this could be a winner if ARM or ScanGroup is anything to go by!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:14:43 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
The CEO owns 80% ... Yes, this could be a winner if ARM or ScanGroup is anything to go by!

Lets dig into this company's details. 33% profit margin. Sell
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Aguytrying
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:17:47 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Lets dig into this company's details. 33% profit margin. Low pe with strong earnings growth potential. In an industry of consumer goods which is resilient even in touch times. High dividend pay out. We'll have to wait for FY to confirm trend. Once we ensure he's not a matu. This could be a good long term play
VituVingiSana
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:45:45 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Lets dig into this company's details. 33% profit margin. Low pe with strong earnings growth potential. In an industry of consumer goods which is resilient even in touch times. High dividend pay out. We'll have to wait for FY to confirm trend. Once we ensure he's not a matu. This could be a good long term play

Michael Matu. The exception to an owner-manager. Even Merali is more subtle about keeping the profits in the family.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#7 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 10:50:30 AM

Quote:
NEWS RELEASE
Cautionary Announcement

Flame Tree Group acquires SuzieBeauty brands as it ventures into personal care prestige portfolio

Nairobi, 25 January 2016 – Flame Tree Group (NSE: FTGH) has today signed an agreement to acquire SuzieBeauty line of colour cosmetic brand, a leading colour cosmetic brand in Kenya, subject to approval from the Competition Authority. The acquisition will position Flame Tree Group as a key player in the niche colour cosmetic prestige segment. Suzie Wokabi the founder of SuzieBeauty will also join Flame Tree Group as the Creative Director for the prestigious cosmetic segment.

Flame Tree Group CEO Heril Bangera says, “We are delighted to add the SuzieBeauty
colour cosmetics brand to be part of our premier colour cosmetics portfolio. SuzieBeauty enjoys an outstanding reputation within its category and incredible awareness among beauty professionals and consumers alike. It has a loyal following that gives it excellent potential for expansion. It will wonderfully complement our brands in the cosmetic category. We look forward to working with Suzie and her team to continue growing the brand. We also see this as a highly earnings-accretive acquisition for our shareholders.”

Flame Tree Group has been realigning and refocusing its product portfolio for its
cosmetics category for both skin care and hair care. It recently acquired four brands from Beauty Plus Trading East Africa as it seeks to tap into the growing popularity of local haircare brands within the mass-market.

Suzie Wokabi founder of SuzieBeauty says, “We’ve always looked for opportunities to
reach more people with our unique proposition on beauty, working with Flame Tree Group,
we can broaden our reach and significantly grow our brand while remaining faithful to the founding principles of SuzieBeauty. There is a very bright path ahead and I am excited to work with Flame Tree Group to share our products with more Kenyans.”
George Theobold Chairman of Flame Tree Group says, “SuzieBeauty is a company
founded on strong values and common beliefs shared by Flame Tree Group and being a
niche brand it has an added advantage of a more personalised offering with unique
features and benefits and we believe that it will help in our strategy to diversify and build a portfolio of premium-positioned niche cosmetic care brands.
SuzieBeauty brands are sold in locations that have beauty care professionals who can
provide advice on how to address cosmetic colours and products that are best suited to
your individual skin types and other skin conditions that SuzieBeauty are designed to
tackle.
The shareholders of the Company and the public are therefore advised to exercise caution when dealing in the shares of the Company. Further details will be provided in due course.
-ENDS
mlennyma
#8 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 10:50:55 AM

Anything? results zilienda wapi?or this guy still thinks he is private?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mlennyma
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 2:43:32 PM

Nairobi Securities Exchange GEMs Listed firm, Flame Tree Group is set to announce
Full Year 2015 results on Wednesday 27 April 2016
Felipe
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 9:53:12 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Other than the roto tanks, fast moving consumer goods such as snacks and toiletry have low profit margins, altho' the volume sales makes up for it. Could you 'or may be ladies of the group' confirm zoe's beauty products to be as competitive as say Nivea or other brands? By the way, any stats on sales of say FTGH's plastic and FMCG products?
TA = Price Action + Vol + S/R + Trend + Pattern.
Spikes
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 10:01:35 PM

Felipe wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Other than the roto tanks, fast moving consumer goods such as snacks and toiletry have low profit margins, altho' the volume sales makes up for it. Could you 'or may be ladies of the group' confirm zoe's beauty products to be as competitive as say Nivea or other brands? By the way, any stats on sales of say FTGH's plastic and FMCG products?

Good observation indeed.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
rutechura
#12 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 8:37:34 AM

Spikes wrote:
Felipe wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Good observation indeed.

But Seriously, where are the financials?
VituVingiSana
#13 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 12:12:32 PM

mlennyma wrote:
27th but he has until 30th per the CMA regulations.
Aguytrying
#14 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 2:51:32 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
27th but he has until 30th per the CMA regulations.

This chase and imperial bank fraud has given me jitters about family controlled companies. But of course not all are bad....
wukan
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2016 2:46:22 PM

Flame Tree Group annual net sales for FY 2015 increased 29% to KES 2.28 billion, compared to net sales of KES 1.76 billion in FY 2014. Operating profit before gain on disposal of property, plant and equipment increased to KES 259 million, compared to KES 139 million in FY 2014. Profit before tax
was up by 37% to KES 198 million from KES 144 million in FY 2014.
mlennyma
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2016 3:14:22 PM

wukan wrote:
Flame Tree Group annual net sales for FY 2015 increased 29% to KES 2.28 billion, compared to net sales of KES 1.76 billion in FY 2014. Operating profit before gain on disposal of property, plant and equipment increased to KES 259 million, compared to KES 139 million in FY 2014. Profit before tax

kwani hakuelezwa watu hulipwa dividend? ?
watesh
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2016 11:44:23 PM

wukan wrote:

Those margins are thin but solid results
watesh
#18 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 12:35:47 AM

I would really like FTG to turn Natures Own to be as big as Tropical Heat brand. I own at least 5 different products from Tropical Heat
Aguytrying
#19 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 8:46:45 PM

watesh wrote:
I would really like FTG to turn Natures Own to be as big as Tropical Heat brand. I own at least 5 different products from Tropical Heat

I see ur point. They need to advertise. Tropical heat Is a household name and will take effort to usurp
Pesa Nane
#20 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 11:17:35 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:

FTGH @ 4.80

from this low ,downwards i shall take small bites of flame tree

Me too. Below 5 im a buyer. I wanted below 6. but due to the high risk profile of being a small cap im doing 5.50 to 5.00 and below. This share can quadruple someones wealth no joke.

I find it interesting how the buying price targets are similar among wazuans. in my independent analysis i want below 5. and so does @mlennyma.

Above @VVS has a target of 36 for equity.
@sparkly 35-30 for equity in kengen thread.

And mine for equity was 33, but now at below 37.00 after Q1 results.

Very interesting

@Aguy,

Consider this:
-Rwanda land. Reminds me of Diniz, Merali
-G. Kichennin, Executive Director; I. Kichennin, Executive Director
-Chair, we will expand to other sectors
-CEO, we will only grow the manufacturing and trading business where we operate.
-Ksh. 10,128,628.00 CASH is heldup in Imperial Bank (is that all?)
-And by the way, who are the auditors?

Please elaborate. Is there a merali relation or affiliation here. I need to know this

@Aguy, this is the same old story we discussed where the company bought land in Kigali for RwF 65,000,000.00 only to sell it to Bangera the CEO at a huge discount just before listing at RwF 40,000,000.00! And not on CASH basis, but payable in installments over 36 months!!!

Bangera, Faida, Imperial, PKF and Mauritius in one sentence Think Think