Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
Shocking! Kidero has stashed Ksh 1B in his accounts
MugundaMan
#61 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 8:40:57 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) says its investigations have revealed former Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero has assets worth Sh9 billion.
Read more at: https://www.standardmedi...th-of-assets-court-told

Huyu ni mwanaume, halalii masikio-Kenyan sayingLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I hope EACC is not sensational in its investigations. Reporting property value is good for selling stories in the media but is worthless information in a court of law if you want to get a conviction. Focus should be on TRANSACTIONS. Wrong doing can only occur at the point where money changes hands.

Assets whether legitimately acquired or stolen appreciate in value but that by itself does not tell you anything about whether there was a crime committed or not. Kidero was a senior manager in various multinationals including Pharmaceutical companies and Nation Media Group before he went to Mumias and later elected governor. Of course he was being paid good money and he could have bought properties during those years that have appreciated in value over time. It is possible that his assets could be worth billions but you cannot use their value as evidence of any wrong doing. Investigate illegal transactions and hold him accountable for them. Focus on transactions you are investigating be it from County Government of Nairobi or Mumias sugar without regard to his net worth.

It is possible for someone to steal money and then squander it without any assets. It is also possible for someone with legitimate income to invest and become wealthy. You cannot look at the poor thief and say that he is innocent because he is not wealthy. And you cannot look at a wealthy man and conclude that he is a thief just because he is wealthy.

Statement of the decade. I am pinching it for the Kenyan Economy creating wealth thread if you do not mind. On Kidero; the man made good money but got greedy and looted. I think the looting proper started in Mumias which was no NationGroup or well run multinational. It was here in this quasi-public company that he learnt things he never encountered in the corporate world like "orders from above." He must have been getting calls from all quarters telling him to dish out the loot and sadly he succumbed and did the same, figuring out that "this is the way things are" in Kenya. Funny that he keeps pointing to the cooked books that say he left Mumias making "profits" yet a real audit revealed proper cooking in the billions that made a dead dog look like a healthy stallion of a company as he left it. Then the looting only got bigger. To this day I cannot remember a single major development initiative he did as governor, but he was always on TV quoting facts and figures including how many tons of garbage Nairobi generated in theory, without collecting it in practice. He may have invested well and grown his wealth cleanly up until he left the corporate world, but beyond even a primary school boy knows this man looted Mumias and Nairobi County dry. The chickens are coming to roost now. Those transactions are there. Sonko had them way before Kidero's term expired. The courts already have them on many of his swarms of other corruption cases. Let us hope they nail this man properly to be an example to all to never dare steal so brazenly from Kenyans again.
#62 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 9:55:57 AM

I still don't get how Kidero is still a point of discussion. He should be rotting in jail. KPMG released a report a long time ago of how the crook embezzled from Mumias,a publicly traded company yet nothing has been done. CMA and even the so called luhya leaders have not asked for all his property to be attached to recover some funds, they are just there 'serekali saidia'! Useless!

BBI will solve it
:)
murchr
#63 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:11:25 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Fyatu
#64 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:21:15 PM

murchr wrote:

Another good example of a man who can go to St.Peters clovers one Sunday morning, confess and return everything he has taken illegally. Ask for forgiveness from Kenyans and he will sleep like a baby at night.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Angelica _ann
#65 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:23:30 PM

Fyatu wrote:
murchr wrote:

Another good example of a man who can go to St.Peters clovers one Sunday morning, confess and return everything he has taken illegally. Ask for forgiveness from Kenyans and he will sleep like a baby at night.

Huyu anafungwa smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
#66 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:10:03 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
murchr wrote:

Huyu anafungwa smile

Wacha tuone.
Corruption in the judiciary is about prolonging cases. The unaccounted for 20b that was lost from Nairobi County during his tenure has to be put to work.This case may go on for 10 years even with evidence in black and white. Let's watch and see.

BBI will solve it
Gathige
#67 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:26:09 PM

2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
murchr wrote:

Huyu anafungwa smile

Wacha tuone.
Corruption in the judiciary is about prolonging cases. The unaccounted for 20b that was lost from Nairobi County during his tenure has to be put to work.This case may go on for 10 years even with evidence in black and white. Let's watch and see.

The forlorn look on his face reveals a lot. The cases have worn him out, friends and hangers on are gone and if left standing on beaten benches in court rooms.

If i were him a would enter a plea bargain and get a concession and be free. Cases, even minor infractions can wear out both the body and soul
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
#68 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:53:21 PM

Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
murchr wrote:

Huyu anafungwa smile

Wacha tuone.

The forlorn look on his face reveals a lot. The cases have worn him out, friends and hangers on are gone and if left standing on beaten benches in court rooms.

If i were him a would enter a plea bargain and get a concession and be free. Cases, even minor infractions can wear out both the body and soul

What kind of plea bargain? He has nothing to offer for bargain. The judge can order that he goes to jail and all the property acquired through theft here and at the Hamptons in US be attached by the recovery agency. This guy should be jailed for 500 years like Madoff, ili iwe funzo.

BBI will solve it
Njunge
#69 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:28:23 AM

Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:
[quote=Angelica _ann][quote=Fyatu][quote=murchr]

Without sounding sadistic but kansa is eating the thief ever so slowly and all the billions he stole can do nothing about it.
Angelica _ann
#70 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:37:35 AM

Njunge wrote:
Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:

Without sounding sadistic but kansa is eating the thief ever so slowly and all the billions he stole can do nothing about it.

Haiya what a coincidence, madam was same, pole!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Bigchick
#71 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:42:00 PM

Njunge wrote:
Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:

Haiya!.No wonder the slimpossible look.

Kansa ya wapi?

Maybe like someone dayd he can return public property and ask for forgiveness.We may feel sorry and let him be.Pole to him though.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Kusadikika
#72 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:01:39 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Njunge wrote:
Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:

Kansa ya wapi?

Maybe like someone dayd he can return public property and ask for forgiveness.We may feel sorry and let him be.Pole to him though.

This guy had an excellent career in GSK and Nation. He was not poor. What is it that made him feel the need to steal? Ama hata huko alikuwa anafanya magendo? Is he just a kleptomaniac? Or is it something worse. I have looked at that video of the Shebesh slap again and I think it may give a clue. Look at the number of people who were there, the setting is in the Governors office which is his place, he has security yet he felt threatened. There must be a really big emptiness in this guy, an insatiable sense of insecurity that can never be filled. He may have billions but there must be gnawing fear of starvation that still keeps him awake at night.

Angelica _ann
#73 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:10:22 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Njunge wrote:
Gathige wrote:
2012 wrote:

Kansa ya wapi?

This guy had an excellent career in GSK and Nation. He was not poor. What is it that made him feel the need to steal? Ama hata huko alikuwa anafanya magendo? Is he just a kleptomaniac? Or is it something worse. I have looked at that video of the Shebesh slap again and I think it may give a clue. Look at the number of people who were there, the setting is in the Governors office which is his place, he has security yet he felt threatened. There must be a really big emptiness in this guy, an insatiable sense of insecurity that can never be filled. He may have billions but there must be gnawing fear of starvation that still keeps him awake at night.

At GSK he formed a company with a lady called Kimbo & the Adanganya@Mswaribanksmile to form a drugs distribution company. Of course you know where the drugs were coming from - long story.
Njunge
#74 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:00:30 PM

The person who planted terrible stealing demons in him is Wai-Nai-na. Youve never met such a terrible, corrupt and greedy human being.
murchr
#75 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:24:38 PM

Njunge wrote:
The person who planted terrible stealing demons in him is Wai-Nai-na. Youve never met such a terrible, corrupt and greedy human being.

And where is he now as his friend faces all these troubles?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Kusadikika
#76 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:32:17 PM

Njunge wrote:

Walitoana wapi? Walikutana GSK ama walikutana Mumias?
Njunge
#77 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:32:18 PM

murchr wrote:
Njunge wrote:

And where is he now as his friend faces all these troubles?

Somewhere.He is co-accused in this last case but the bugger is rare in public. Terrible fellow.
Angelica _ann
#78 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:12:25 PM

I still don't understand my he came to steal in County 47 after all the Mumias deals by which time he was in the billions. Kwani it is never enough?
Shak
#79 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:23:21 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
I still don't understand my he came to steal in County 47 after all the Mumias deals by which time he was in the billions. Kwani it is never enough?

I don't think it's ever enough. Once you start it becomes a compulsion.
newfarer
#80 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:52:09 PM

I will never forget a road he stole money for that was to complete on 12 April 2016 as per the signboard.he ate the money year in year out as we suffered from dust and mud seasons until sonko happened and residents rioted for 2 days .the road was completed in 2 months to China standard.

if he could return the money and seek for forgiveness I could forgive him .

I voted for him then later I voted for sonko
punda amecheka