wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Optical Shop
kyukkamba
#1 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 9:51:18 AM

I am interested in opening a spectacles shop. I am told a good collection of spectacle frames, an Optometrist and a eye measuring machine is all that I need. Anyone with a good knowledge on how to start? I am neither a doctor nor an optometrist. I have inquired from someone who was once an attendant in an optical shop and said it has a very cool return. Any advises please?
Ni Uhuru wa Mbesha...Niguo kana tiguo?
Ash Ock
#2 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 10:19:29 AM

kyukkamba wrote:
I am interested in opening a spectacles shop. I am told a good collection of spectacle frames, an Optometrist and a eye measuring machine is all that I need. Anyone with a good knowledge on how to start? I am neither a doctor nor an optometrist. I have inquired from someone who was once an attendant in an optical shop and said it has a very cool return. Any advises please?

Yes, but you may not like my advice.

Short advice: don't do it, you'll most likely fail horribly.

Long advice: some attendant told you it had cool returns. You have no clue whatsoever on the business. This seems like you see an estate kiosk and think just by emulating the kiosk you'll be able to make a good living. KQ did the same mistake. Bought spanking new planes and thought that was all that was needed to make bucks.

Wrong.

Study the market, learn all you can about the business and the demand for your services. Listen to all sides, not just the ones that make you salivate thinking of the income. Location, location and location. Innovate, like what will make you standout from the competition? Why would someone want to buy from your shop? Financials?

I could go on and on but I hope you get the point.
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
kyukkamba
#3 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 11:01:55 AM

Yes, but you may not like my advice.

Short advice: don't do it, you'll most likely fail horribly.

Long advice: some attendant told you it had cool returns. You have no clue whatsoever on the business. This seems like you see an estate kiosk and think just by emulating the kiosk you'll be able to make a good living. KQ did the same mistake. Bought spanking new planes and thought that was all that was needed to make bucks.

Wrong.

Study the market, learn all you can about the business and the demand for your services. Listen to all sides, not just the ones that make you salivate thinking of the income. Location, location and location. Innovate, like what will make you standout from the competition? Why would someone want to buy from your shop? Financials?

I could go on and on but I hope you get the point.
[/quote]

Thank You very so much Ash Ok that was some cool piece of advise. will do more research on it. Was just thinking it's like Mpesa kiosk just open and start the transfers smile I did not see no extra skills to be put in it apart from serving the customers but again I think am wrong and will do extra research.

Ni Uhuru wa Mbesha...Niguo kana tiguo?