wazua Mon, May 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Are you compensated fully if your SACCO closes?
rogersha82
#1 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2015 9:24:09 PM

Greetings,

Like any other investor i'm curious how secure SACCO's are. Are they insured? To what extent?

A look at SASRA licensed SACCO's (These are SACCO's that offer FOSA) if the SACCO collapses you'll be given up to 100,000 of your deposits (not share) Article No. 59 http://www.sasra.go.ke/i...-framework#.VcjrpXgdLFI

How about SACCO's not regulated by SASRA like Mhasibu Sacco? Are they insured?

And still 100K is quite low.

Thoughts/Insights Wazuans?
newfarer
#2 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2015 9:39:42 PM

I have one collapsed sacco holding my 250k.the officials roam the streets of nairobi freely. Coop officials at nyayo house sided with the sacco officials until it we were milked, sorry molised dry. Members attempts to change the supervisory committe were thwarted by ministry officials who maintained that we had to retain one of the sacco thieves in management.
Even a demand letter to the sacco from my lawyer has borne no fruits. I have written off the amount and moved on.
punda amecheka
murchr
#3 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2015 10:11:02 PM

Did you have to open another thread for that one question?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Shak
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 12:04:58 AM

newfarer wrote:
I have one collapsed sacco holding my 250k.the officials roam the streets of nairobi freely. Coop officials at nyayo house sided with the sacco officials until it we were milked, sorry molised dry. Members attempts to change the supervisory committe were thwarted by ministry officials who maintained that we had to retain one of the sacco thieves in management.
Even a demand letter to the sacco from my lawyer has borne no fruits. I have written off the amount and moved on.

Please name and shame the SACCO
newfarer
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 6:10:58 AM

Shak wrote:
newfarer wrote:

Please name and shame the SACCO

It was a registered in house employees sacco with 288 members . some officials were sacked for issues non related to the sacco , others resigned from employment and the remaining were protected by incorporation as the sacco was limited liability company and the employer said they cannot interfere with the sacco management.

Took the matter to coop ministry but the officials seemed compromised to a point of siding with the thieving sacco officials.
punda amecheka
mawinder
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:06:37 AM

newfarer wrote:

Why not hire some boys to deal with the officials once and for all or do the officials have security detail? Deal with them Kihiu Mwiri style. In case you are interested you know who to contact.