Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
heri wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
heri wrote:
i have been waiting for Safaricom below 14 bob and it seems it will not come down. Am tempted to buy at current prices

stocks are recovering very fast when they tend to give in to the bear, i think its tricky to wait and buy at the bottom

Since this is one stock i want in my portifolio i will commence buying in small amounts

Wacha wewe. I'm waiting for it at around 10.00.
It's not the only stock if it refuses to come down it can stay, but I ain't paying a pe of 20

may be its also saying you are not the only investorsmile

He he. We're both playing hard ball

There are other cheaper blue chips like Simba and Memba.

yep. Simba ive been picking whenever it dips below 40.00. Member im chilling out for 33.00 even if its forever.

Am also starting to accumulate Memba. It is a good investment at the following fundamentals: PE; DY;RoA; RoE; Revenue Growth (8.1;4.5%;4.78%;29.24%; 39.3%).

Superior investment to Simba at: PE; DY;RoA; RoE; Revenue Growth (6.7; 4.35%; 4.49%; 26.2%; 26.8%)

You make a good arguement elder. When did dividend yield of member catch up to kcb that one passed me by

Got the data from the Reuters FT website. Correct me if this is not the case.

At 40.00 which they are both currently trading.

equity dividend yeild- (1.80 sh) 4.5%
KCB dividend yeild- (2.00 sh) 5.0%

Thanks. Both are good investments, though Equity is more efficient in using its assets and capital.

KCB dominates Kenya and SS in terms of profits..Member outgrows KCB in Ug, Tz and Rwanda plus it has Procredit in its account and from what i have researched its expanding so far averaging a new branch per month together with agencies. Another advantage Member has is high volume of pple who together increase transactional income from so many transactions. Non interest income is more stable than interest income tht CBK really wants to trim.

I would like to look at Uganda numbers for member. Most of my friends in Ug are for Simba. Member has been generally quiet in the Uganda market. During my two year stay in Ug, hardly anyone mentions member.

Thats interesting, James Mwangi also said Ug was his biggest failure but from the numbers in Q3 they are both at PBT of Ksh0.2bn in UG with Member almost doubling its profits. I remember reading an avalanche of bad debts in UG for Member thanks to the bad books from the acquisition, maybe its this being solved leading to the high numbers.
VituVingiSana
#122 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:44:27 AM

Equity acquired Uganda Microfinance which had a HUGE bad loan book. It took 2 years to bring it under control. Equity took write-offs and re-named it to Equity Uganda.

Uganda is a tough market for lenders with very high level of defaults and high interest rates. JM said that many Ugandans [just like Tanzanians] look at loans as GIFTS/GRANTS not as 'loans' ... Apparently, UG courts are even worse than KE courts so a defaulter can drag a case on for years.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#123 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:51:32 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Equity acquired Uganda Microfinance which had a HUGE bad loan book. It took 2 years to bring it under control. Equity took write-offs and re-named it to Equity Uganda.

Uganda is a tough market for lenders with very high level of defaults and high interest rates. JM said that many Ugandans [just like Tanzanians] look at loans as GIFTS/GRANTS not as 'loans' ... Apparently, UG courts are even worse than KE courts so a defaulter can drag a case on for years.

This is why TZ, UG will always lag Kenya in economic development. I guess "thanks" to our man eat man society.

I remember REA vipingo way before take over complaining that they could not get labourers to work on their farms in TZ despite raising salaries...
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
VituVingiSana
#124 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 12:50:52 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

This is why TZ, UG will always lag Kenya in economic development. I guess "thanks" to our man eat man society.

I remember REA vipingo way before take over complaining that they could not get labourers to work on their farms in TZ despite raising salaries...

I met a TZ (listed) bank CEO who told me that they lend mostly to civil servants on a check-off system. They tried lending to small traders [emulating Equity] and lost their shirt when these 'traders' disappeared when it came time to make repayments!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#125 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 11:30:29 PM

Museveni wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
The bear is upon us! Emotions play a significant role in choosing what to buy and at what price. We all know the temptation to bottom fish to get the lowest prices, but its difficult to achieve.

Then there's the pain of being left by a share after a failed bottom fishing manoeuvre.

In light of this I've come up with a systematic way of buying this time round.
Using a P|E range of between 7-5.5 and EPS of 2014 or 2013 where necessary. Here is MY wishlist. There are many other good shares, ill be sticking with these for now.

STOCK EPS TARGET PRICE PE 5.5-7 CURRENT PRICE

EQUITY 4.63 25-33 39.25
KCB 5.63 30-40 46.00
NIC 7.07 38-49 49.00
NSE 2.13 12-15 20.00
DTB 21.92 120-154 204.00
HFCK 2.75 15-20 21.50

JUBILEE 48 264-340 560.00
PAN AFRICA 6.05 33-43 67.00

SAFARICOM 0.8 8-10(10-12 PE) 14.00
NATION 13.1 72-100 (unlikely) 184.00
TPS SERENA 3.45 20-25 (2013 EPS) 33.00

BAMBURI 9.80 98-130 154.00
KENOL KOBIL 0.74 5-7 (6.7-9.5 PE) 8.50
EABL 11.31 113- 170(10-15 PE) 295.00
ARM 3.01 30-45 61.00
BAT 42.55 300-450 741.00
CROWN PAINTS 3.01 17-21 62.00
FLAME TREE 0.99 6-7 7.50
BOC 11.76 65-85 133.00

This list is becoming more relevant everyday. The price in green was in August 2015. The list is holding well despite the bear biting deeply. Planting season this is
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Othelo
#126 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:13:38 AM

By the look of things, we are getting there. After BREXIT, now we need Trump smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
mlennyma
#127 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:30:03 AM

Look at NIC now gearing to lose the 35 handle
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
muandiwambeu
#128 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:25:23 PM

mlennyma wrote:

my keen eye blinking now, I need some substance to dissuade me from loosing focus. wao
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Aguytrying
#129 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:32:47 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

my keen eye blinking now, I need some substance to dissuade me from loosing focus. wao

The options are so many thank God I have all the info I need.
I have since raised equity buy maximum price to 37.00 from yesterday and today I see equity is about to break lower. My eye tells me that.

The wish list, which looked too ambitious last year has stood the test of time. I've been buying and will continue. With equity the apple of my eye
mlennyma
#130 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:57:27 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I have since raised equity buy maximum price to 37.00 from yesterday and today I see equity is about to break lower. My eye tells me that.

The wish list, which looked too ambitious last year has stood the test of time. I've been buying and will continue. With equity the apple of my eye

lets plant in such a way that we will not need to plant again when the fortune comes,sad if the market has already trapped your capital. ....any culprits poleni
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Aguytrying
#131 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:07:23 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

lets plant in such a way that we will not need to plant again when the fortune comes,sad if the market has already trapped your capital. ....any culprits poleni

I hear you. At times I feel the next bull will make those who invest now to be multi millionaires and billionaires. It will be a fast and furious bull. Imagine equity at 90 in a few years....
sparkly
#132 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:26:41 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I hear you. At times I feel the next bull will make those who invest now to be multi millionaires and billionaires. It will be a fast and furious bull. Imagine equity at 90 in a few years....

Discounts, sweet discounts all over. The only regret is shortage of cash to buy buy buy.
Life is short. Live passionately.
DBLyon
#133 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 12:48:02 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Why is Equity the apple of your eye?
When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
RFE_20354
#134 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 4:23:39 PM

mlennyma wrote:

Closed today @ 34.Tempting not to place an order at that price
Othelo
#135 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 4:32:43 PM

RFE_20354 wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Closed today @ 34.Tempting not to place an order at that price

Wait <30 soon ..........
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Othelo
#136 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 4:40:15 PM

Nairobi Business Ventures??????? Which one is this and when was it listed?
murchr
#137 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 6:12:30 PM

Othelo wrote:
Nairobi Business Ventures??????? Which one is this and when was it listed?

Where have you been? Yes it was listed...the shoe company
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
lochaz-index
#138 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 8:05:54 PM

sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Discounts, sweet discounts all over. The only regret is shortage of cash to buy buy buy.

Same here. Cash strapped since Q42014.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Metasploit
#139 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 8:17:18 PM

Majority are waiting to dive it just before the elections...Many will be wrong

If Safcom,equity,eabl had taken a near similar beating the index would be at 3300-3400

But the rest will be purnished as smart money eyes the favourites..

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
Chaka
#140 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 8:31:46 PM

I need some education..lets take TPSEA today for e,g There were zero trades.Does this mean that there were shares for sale but the asking prices were higher than the offer prices or what?