wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages«<1011121314>»
KODI
Angelica _ann
#221 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 10:14:36 PM

[quote=hardwood]Amazon Prime launches for 325 bob a month. Will be nice to catch up with Jeremy Clarkson and former top gear team.

http://www.businessdaily...6492-tnjjilz/index.html[/quote]
How is Netflix doing, locally!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#222 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:24:02 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
[quote=hardwood]Amazon Prime launches for 325 bob a month. Will be nice to catch up with Jeremy Clarkson and former top gear team.

http://www.businessdaily...6492-tnjjilz/index.html[/quote]
How is Netflix doing, locally!!!

I don't know how its doing. I unsubscribed after I bought an android box and installed kodi, showbox etc and could get all content free.
KulaRaha
#223 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:40:42 AM

otienosmall wrote:
Looking for an Android box. Some advise pls on which one to go for pocket friendly brand that can serve me well. Circa 10k and below

Just get a firestick from olx, with kodi loaded. For connection get 5mbps JTL.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
hardwood
#224 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:57:05 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Chaka wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Chaka wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

I use the fire stick and jtl 5mbps. Works perfectly.

Where can I get this thing?

olx

Ok thanks.Whats the monthly fee for jtl 5mbs?

That (5k) is what safaricom charges for 20mbps for home fiber while zuku charges 5699 for 30mbps.
Buster
#225 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 9:47:13 AM

Hi guys. Where can I buy WiFi routers in town? Fibre has arrived and I need these ASAP.
Ryko
#226 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 10:27:55 AM

i am also confused hii maneno ya fibre... i have zuku (15m + premium Tv)= 5k a month. Safaricom wameleta fibre seems cheap though no tv. Which is the best between safcom home fibre na zuku.

Zuku has been great for me over 3 years few let downs but worth it.
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Buster
#227 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2016 12:25:20 AM

Buster wrote:
Hi guys. Where can I buy WiFi routers in town? Fibre has arrived and I need these ASAP.

No one here who can direct me to where I can buy home WiFi routers?
hardwood
#228 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:23:38 PM

Buster wrote:
Buster wrote:

The fibre guys normally put their own wifi router when they connect you so you dont need to buy one, unless you want to increase signal coverage. I have a TP Link wireless N router that I bought hapo karibu Jamia mosque though cant remember building name. There are many many shops selling routers there. Buy a "wireless N router" since it has a stronger signal and higher speed. I bought mine to increase range of the zuku fibre one since signal was weak in some rooms upstairs.

Google map location of building: -1.282468, 36.820872
Buster
#229 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 5:02:23 PM

hardwood wrote:
Buster wrote:
Buster wrote:

The fibre guys normally put their own wifi router when they connect you so you dont need to buy one, unless you want to increase signal coverage. I have a TP Link wireless N router that I bought hapo karibu Jamia mosque though cant remember building name. There are many many shops selling routers there. Buy a "wireless N router" since it has a stronger signal and higher speed. I bought mine to increase range of the zuku fibre one since signal was weak in some rooms upstairs.

Thanks @Hardwood. The provider has asked us to buy our own routers. I will visit the premises on Wednesday. Thanks again.
kayhara
#230 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 6:30:56 PM

I use my laptop connected to the tv via HDMI to stream Youtube a lot, Today I stumble on http://hdmovie2k.co/ it's like piratebay but for streaming movies you don't have to download, there is a free registration , but if don't mind the frequent pop to get you to register then go on, but just open an email account for these sort of registration and you are good
To Each His Own
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#231 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 11:43:31 AM

Buster wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Buster wrote:
Buster wrote:

Thanks @Hardwood. The provider has asked us to buy our own routers. I will visit the premises on Wednesday. Thanks again.

if you know how much headache and trouble the provider has saved you you will dash to the nearest shop and get your OWN router.Provider's routers are notorious for very low quality service.if itsnot the wifi signal being weak its the router shutting itself off.go to olx and find a reputable seller to buy your router.TPLINK routers are very cheap.which provider is this bytheway?
Buster
#232 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 11:34:45 PM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
Buster wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Buster wrote:
Buster wrote:

if you know how much headache and trouble the provider has saved you you will dash to the nearest shop and get your OWN router.Provider's routers are notorious for very low quality service.if itsnot the wifi signal being weak its the router shutting itself off.go to olx and find a reputable seller to buy your router.TPLINK routers are very cheap.which provider is this bytheway?

They are called Able Wireless.

kaka2za
#233 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 3:45:20 PM

Safaricom fibre is now available in our area and am now torn between buying the android Tv box and the fire stick.
The prices on Olx vary greatly with some gadgets going for over 20K!
Would appreciate advice on this.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
bird_man
#234 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 8:51:29 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Safaricom fibre is now available in our area and am now torn between buying the android Tv box and the fire stick.

Buy the Amazon fire stick. Avoid the Chinese boxes. I had one whose remote got messed after 4 weeks of use.

The Amazon fire stick quality and user interface is good, no issues so far.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
KulaRaha
#235 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 9:02:27 AM

bird_man wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Buy the Amazon fire stick. Avoid the Chinese boxes. I had one whose remote got messed after 4 weeks of use.

Fire stick is your best option.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
webish
#236 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 10:27:29 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
bird_man wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Are you able to use Pandora/Spotify Apps for Music on the Fire stick? I see the apps are available on it, but not sure if Local setting allows these applications which are typically not available for Kenya yet.

On a PC, people would typically use VPN's so i'm curious about how the stick would handle such apps.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
webish
#237 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 10:37:13 AM

Ryko wrote:
i am also confused hii maneno ya fibre... i have zuku (15m + premium Tv)= 5k a month. Safaricom wameleta fibre seems cheap though no tv. Which is the best between safcom home fibre na zuku.

Zuku has been great for me over 3 years few let downs but worth it.

Decided to install the two. Whoever runs an Offer is the one who gets my money for the month. :)
So I keep one unpaid for a month depending on my experience. Zuku have now doubled speeds for same costs and really trying to keep their customers..
I miss out on Local TV when I am on Safaricom, but i'm not big on that..so I tend to survive with actual streaming of the channels from TV browser.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
bird_man
#238 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 1:16:57 PM

webish wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
bird_man wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Are you able to use Pandora/Spotify Apps for Music on the Fire stick? I see the apps are available on it, but not sure if Local setting allows these applications which are typically not available for Kenya yet.

On a PC, people would typically use VPN's so i'm curious about how the stick would handle such apps.

So far I have done Kodi & Netflix only. Last I checked Pandora & Spotify were blocked due to geo restrictions. I know you can put some VPN proxy software but I havent explored how to do it.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
smano
#239 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 2:52:47 PM

Been using an MXQ android box for a year now using Safaricom fibre. I have the Pulse build on my Kodi, wonderful. There's a very good user support group on facebook - kodi uk.tv general support and community group where you can ask anything about these boxes and get responses. I have learnt a lot and I'm no longer frustrated using the box. For HD Live games, I have been using the NMJ app, extra time link. Mostly BT Sports. Sports Devil gives poor quality links.
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
bird_man
#240 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 7:26:19 PM

smano wrote:
Been using an MXQ android box for a year now using Safaricom fibre. I have the Pulse build on my Kodi, wonderful. There's a very good user support group on facebook - kodi uk.tv general support and community group where you can ask anything about these boxes and get responses. I have learnt a lot and I'm no longer frustrated using the box. For HD Live games, I have been using the NMJ app, extra time link. Mostly BT Sports. Sports Devil gives poor quality links.

Whats your experience with the MXQ box? Found it a little user unfriendly and my remote got messed.