wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
What to do with 2.4M
hamburglar
#21 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 12:02:03 PM

Tnai. I have a rather radical idea if you would be open minded enough to try it out. 2.4 million can actually fetch you some good ROI if you are willing to get your hands a little dirty.

Anyway, you could take about 1 million and buy a ka one eigth plot huko Embakasi. A little interior though. Then construct like 20 wooden shacks on the land. You can have about 6 shacks per row with 3 or so communal bathrooms and toilets. The cost to put up a shack will be about 40k each. Then rent them out for about 2k each. That will consume another 800k which leaves you with 600k.

With that amount, look for a broker and offer them 20k to find you a nice small space in the CBD where you can set up an Mpesa shop for about 400k goodwill. Try to find a location with good traffic. Then use the remaining 180k for your Mpesa float and trade licenses. Employ a girl from your shags to run the shop. Make sure you know her follks for security purposes. Plus employing a girl from shags is safer because it will take her a while to shanoka once she gets to the big bad city in the sun, so your money will be relatively safe for a while. Pay her 8k per month and rent of about 20k. An Mpesa shop in a good location in town will give you a gross amount of at least 50k per month.

Thats about 60k or so per month off of 2.4 million initial investment. Not too shabby if you ask me.

You might be labelled a slumlord but your money will still be good at the Village market, Westgate, Lavington Mall etc. I hope you are catching my drift. It doesn't matter where you make your money at, as long as you can spend it anywhere you please.
tnai9
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 04, 2015 8:57:21 AM

hamburglar wrote:
Tnai. I have a rather radical idea if you would be open minded enough to try it out. 2.4 million can actually fetch you some good ROI if you are willing to get your hands a little dirty.

Anyway, you could take about 1 million and buy a ka one eigth plot huko Embakasi. A little interior though. Then construct like 20 wooden shacks on the land. You can have about 6 shacks per row with 3 or so communal bathrooms and toilets. The cost to put up a shack will be about 40k each. Then rent them out for about 2k each. That will consume another 800k which leaves you with 600k.

With that amount, look for a broker and offer them 20k to find you a nice small space in the CBD where you can set up an Mpesa shop for about 400k goodwill. Try to find a location with good traffic. Then use the remaining 180k for your Mpesa float and trade licenses. Employ a girl from your shags to run the shop. Make sure you know her follks for security purposes. Plus employing a girl from shags is safer because it will take her a while to shanoka once she gets to the big bad city in the sun, so your money will be relatively safe for a while. Pay her 8k per month and rent of about 20k. An Mpesa shop in a good location in town will give you a gross amount of at least 50k per month.

Thats about 60k or so per month off of 2.4 million initial investment. Not too shabby if you ask me.

You might be labelled a slumlord but your money will still be good at the Village market, Westgate, Lavington Mall etc. I hope you are catching my drift. It doesn't matter where you make your money at, as long as you can spend it anywhere you please.

Thanks sana for this advice. When I was looking for the plot you cant believe somebody else told me an almost similar thing, an older cop, who is based there. I already committed 1.5M and have 1M that I would like to use to get a plot that I may do exactly what you said. Ill share experiences if i go this route.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
tnai9
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 4:31:04 PM

premio wrote:

Thanks T9 MY experience with cars car imports spans 12years its never gotten worse since 2003 when i imported the first car. It takes a while to bUILD contacts and trust but the time is now to start. I easily sell cars through my trusted line of refferals without seeking new business. Unfortunately mine comes with consultation fees just like when u visit the experienced dentist or cardiologist but its very good bussiness when u get aligned well.

Hey @Premio,

When can we have an appointment? Kindly get in touch with me at sam dot oti83 at gmail dot com so that we can plan a meeting soonest possible
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
Chaka
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 5:11:48 PM

@Premio,
How much is the consultation fee?
premio
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:49:08 PM

Sent
young farmer
#26 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:24:42 PM

premio wrote:
Sent

@premio inbox me at joncheg@yahoo.com i am also interested in importing business. Thank you
UpcomingPaperChaser
#27 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 9:36:42 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Employ a girl from your shags to run the shop. Make sure you know her follks for security purposes. Plus employing a girl from shags is safer because it will take her a while to shanoka once she gets to the big bad city in the sun, so your money will be relatively safe for a while. Pay her 8k per month and rent of about 20k.

its unethical and morally unacceptable!!
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
hamburglar
#28 Posted : Wednesday, December 09, 2015 1:29:03 PM

UpcomingPaperChaser wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Employ a girl from your shags to run the shop. Make sure you know her follks for security purposes. Plus employing a girl from shags is safer because it will take her a while to shanoka once she gets to the big bad city in the sun, so your money will be relatively safe for a while. Pay her 8k per month and rent of about 20k.

its unethical and morally unacceptable!!

Lol. How naive. I can tell you are a young dude that knows little about salries in this Nairobi. This is good pay, you will actually be shocked to know how much people make in these kinds of employment. Unbelievable as it sounds, 8k might even be on the higher side, some people pay around 6k. Unethical or not, it's the reality on the ground. I don't make the rules.
tnai9
#29 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 10:40:56 AM

I promised to report back.
in the last 4.5mo months, I have managed to grow my 2.4M to 2.85M, have sold 4 cars after advice from a close friend who had like 1 yr experience. I been kinda stingy on myself but I plan to still get professional advice from @Premio but its a business I would like to continue doing,.
The new taxes have destabilized the business a bit but I wont give up. I was lucky a few times, there is one car that was bought 1 day after landing, another 2 - after a two weeks and one after two months.
Mukiri
#30 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 11:36:05 PM

tnai9 wrote:
in the last 4.5mo months, I have managed to grow my 2.4M to 2.85M, have sold 4 cars after advice from a close friend who had like 1 yr experience. I been kinda stingy on myself but I plan to still get professional advice from @Premio but its a business I would like to continue doing,.
The new taxes have destabilized the business a bit but I wont give up. I was lucky a few times, there is one car that was bought 1 day after landing, another 2 - after a two weeks and one after two months.

Interesting. Is the car business that lucrative? With all these full car yards, and people reselling their cars?

Where exactly do you buy these cars? ie Acount with which firm? And where do you sell them? Show ground?

Proverbs 19:21
obiero
#31 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 12:48:46 AM

Mukiri wrote:
tnai9 wrote:

Interesting. Is the car business that lucrative? With all these full car yards, and people reselling their cars?

Where exactly do you buy these cars? ie Acount with which firm? And where do you sell them? Show ground?

Well in @tunai.. Kudos

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
tnai9
#32 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:42:08 AM

Mukiri wrote:

I buy them from the ordinary sites-sbt, delights. And yes we advertise them on normal sites - olx etc. Have a 'network' of yards and sales guys who are quite aggressive and they also get referrals.
In the few months, I have learned that the quality(how clean) of the car and extras really matter. This means looking for particular features that will make the car unique. Also noticed that Toyos move fast, though the margins are lower. The other uncommon cars move slowly but the margins are higher.
You also need to bargain and get a good deal in Japan so that you can offer a competitive price.
Halafu pia ule na wenzako, rudisha mkono, honesty etc.
jerry
#33 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:27:25 AM

tnai9 wrote:

Which make/model do you think is the hottest in terms of selling fast?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
tnai9
#34 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:44:28 AM

jerry wrote:

The so called kenya uniform - fielders/premios/allions/Voxies. A good unit out of this at a competitive price will sell very fast. The margins may be low though.
But this is from my very limited experience.
limanika
#35 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 5:31:44 PM

tnai9 wrote:
jerry wrote:

The so called kenya uniform - fielders/premios/allions/Voxies. A good unit out of this at a competitive price will sell very fast. The margins may be low though.
But this is from my very limited experience.

Good hustling.Do you park the car's in a particular yard or you park at home awaiting buyers?
tnai9
#36 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 8:38:07 AM

limanika wrote:

Good hustling.Do you park the car's in a particular yard or you park at home awaiting buyers?

It depends, if it arrives on a saturday, I 1st try my luck in Jamhuri, if I dont succeed, I give it to the yard guys and share the info with the other yards about the car. If I get a customer immediately I park at home/work(unprofessional)
limanika
#37 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 3:21:41 PM

tnai9 wrote:
limanika wrote:

It depends, if it arrives on a saturday, I 1st try my luck in Jamhuri, if I dont succeed, I give it to the yard guys and share the info with the other yards about the car. If I get a customer immediately I park at home/work(unprofessional)

OK OK. So you don't add extras?
Chaka
#38 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 4:06:59 PM

tnai9 wrote:

What happened to the plan of becoming a landlord huko Embakasi?
tnai9
#39 Posted : Monday, January 04, 2016 9:31:20 AM

limanika wrote:

OK OK. So you don't add extras?

Nope, cars sold 'as is'. I ensure I get a clean unit from JP.
tnai9
#40 Posted : Monday, January 04, 2016 9:33:04 AM

Chaka wrote:

What happened to the plan of becoming a landlord huko Embakasi?

Shelved it for sometime. Wanted to grow the capital first then can venture into real estate.