wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
#GES2015KENYA
PeterReborn
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 2:13:17 PM

Attention to all budding entrepreneurs. The Sharks will be in town for the Global Entrepreneurship Summit next Friday.

Three billionaires, who are part of the cast of the American television series ‘Shark Tank‘, will be in Nairobi to join other entrepreneurs in hunting for trade and investment opportunities
Shark Tank Billionares to come hunting

Consistency is better than intensity
KulaRaha
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:03:11 PM

I wonder if any honest Kenyan will get a fair chance, or will everything be gobbled by buddies and tenderprenuers?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
maka
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:08:14 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
I wonder if any honest Kenyan will get a fair chance, or will everything be gobbled by buddies and tenderprenuers?

I know one who will...actually even make a presentation.
possunt quia posse videntur
Othelo
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:10:25 PM

maka wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
KulaRaha
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:45:29 PM

maka wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Thats good to hear....
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
murchr
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:00:40 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

Fair chance of what?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Impunity
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:53:08 PM

Nani hawa?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

nakujua
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:33:13 PM

Impunity wrote:
Nani hawa?

Just some loan sharks who make more money by giving some away - now wanakuja Kenya and you are being asked to polish your bowl in a presentable manner, they might throw some coins your way. smile
Lakini kuna shida kidogo, some rich kenyans are known to turn into beggars when the opportunity presents itself - so its competition between the genuine beggars and the acting beggars.
Wamunyota
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:02:10 AM

Hutia Mundu!!
murchr
#10 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 7:11:56 PM

GES2015 Talks have started and the host had very bogus questions the editing of that Bidco talk was so poor. I sincerely hope this is not the kind of conferencing about to be hosted.

Nation Media Group- YOU CAN DO BETTER
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kollabo
#11 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 2:02:24 PM

Kudos to KBC Channel 1 for grabbing live broadcasting rights for the summit. Its live currently.

Strive Masiyiwa delivers a very strong endorsement of Kenya's business environment.
tinker
#12 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 4:25:03 PM

And Akon story of entrepreneur was very motivating and an eye opener,---delivered by himself.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
kollabo
#13 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 6:20:43 PM

I missed Daymond John's presentation. Not sure if KBC will post to Youtube.
MaichBlack
#14 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 10:11:42 PM

tinker wrote:
And Akon story of entrepreneur was very motivating and an eye opener,---delivered by himself.

Just caught a repeat of Akon's speech! Very nice speech. Very eloquent, nice delivery, nice structure - the story building up to a nice conclusion on entrepreneurship and what it can do to people's lives! Hats off to him. Totally outdid himself.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#15 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 10:15:12 PM

kollabo wrote:
I missed Daymond John's presentation. Not sure if KBC will post to Youtube.

DStv have an Event channel that will be active for the next three days. They are running repeats - no need to wait for YouTube uploads.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
juan
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2015 8:01:50 AM

I had the pleasure to exhibit at the pre-GES at KICC.and it hit me just how may ICT startups have benefited from the likes of iHub and Nailab.However these hubs are located in one area and it got me thinking what if we could set up similar spaces in areas like the republic of Ongata Rongai
newfarer
#17 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 6:13:34 AM

kollabo wrote:
Kudos to KBC Channel 1 for grabbing live broadcasting rights for the summit. Its live currently.

Strive Masiyiwa delivers a very strong endorsement of Kenya's business environment.

Kbc did a great job.
punda amecheka
murchr
#18 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 6:22:02 AM

juan wrote:
I had the pleasure to exhibit at the pre-GES at KICC.and it hit me just how may ICT startups have benefited from the likes of iHub and Nailab.However these hubs are located in one area and it got me thinking what if we could set up similar spaces in areas like the republic of Ongata Rongai

Why Rongai?? Did you ask yourself why they are located in one area?
Realtreaty
#19 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 9:58:09 AM

The GESKENYA2015 has propped 3 good facades. Political that is hugely represented, Economical with all Bulls and Cows angling and the Social length where we need to make sure Kenyans enjoy what they have, what they do in all better social level making sure Wanjiku and Baby Youth enjoy the fruits of a progressive Kenya.
Mike Ock
#20 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 1:11:13 PM

juan wrote:

The location is a decision between going where the entrepreneurs are, or going where the money is. Most of the investors in these hubs are wazungus who's travel advisories tell them not to dare step in the eastern parts of Nairobi. So they've placed the hubs in the middle of the mzungu community, knowing entrepreneurs have no choice but to come where they are