digitek1
#43 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2015 3:03:55 PM

King George and the Imperial British Company of East Africa- set the pace

Chinese Exim Bank and Chinese companies followed suit

the rest are their acolytes one way or the other

I may be wrong..but then I could be right
Lolest!
#44 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2015 5:17:33 PM

Rose Kimotho-pioneering in vernacular broadcasting at a time when few thought it possible that you could use vernacular for full day broadcast and get content

SK Macharia & Wachira Waruru-Became fast followers of R Kimotho; then Citizen became main TV for local content
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#45 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2015 5:20:04 PM

Impunity wrote:
Alba wrote:
@Nandwa
Whether you disagree is pointless. When people read the real history they will see who went to the Hague. (Ruto and UK)
And they will see that Kibaki was adversely mentioned as funding Mungiki. They will also see that it was Kibaki who precipitated chaos with that stealthy swearing in ceremony.
You can rewrite history as much as you want here on wazua but the facts are out there for the rest of the world to see.

Please also don't forget it was done past midnight!

Sad Sad

agreed. 6pm in Kenya is midnight in New Zealand!
Lolest!
#46 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2015 5:25:01 PM

Nandwa wrote:
Alba wrote:
@Nandwa
Whether you disagree is pointless. When people read the real history they will see who went to the Hague. (Ruto and UK)
And they will see that Kibaki was adversely mentioned as funding Mungiki. They will also see that it was Kibaki who precipitated chaos with that stealthy swearing in ceremony.
You can rewrite history as much as you want here on wazua but the facts are out there for the rest of the world to see.

I am afraid on this your view is biased.
Kibaki and his support base were on the receiving end for alleged stealing Ngombe ya RAO!
RAO refused to take the civised route for dispute resolution, instead opting for "mass action". Day in day out even after many deaths and property continued to be lost/destroyed as a result of his message to his radical support base, he nevertheless continued to call for more "mass action".
I dont dispute that Kibakis side chose to retaliate but only after one month of senseless massacre and wanton destruction for and on behalf of RAO whose name & potrait was the rallying call of the foot soldiers & executoners.

You cannot start a campaign based on ethnic hatred and then be innocent of the bloodshed that your followers start
Impunity
#47 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2015 6:34:38 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Alba wrote:
@Nandwa

Sad Sad

He could not wait 12 hours for daybreak? who was chasing him?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Shak
#48 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2015 7:01:13 PM

Impunity wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Alba wrote:
@Nandwa

Sad Sad

Raira.
murchr
#49 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2015 1:36:15 AM

Sardar Kala Singh Maur (Kalasinga) and Munshi Ram - Hardware traders of Iron sheets at Munshi Ram Kala Singh & Company on River Road.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Rankaz13
#50 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2015 11:01:21 AM

murchr wrote:
Sardar Kala Singh Maur (Kalasinga) and Munshi Ram - Hardware traders of Iron sheets at Munshi Ram Kala Singh & Company on River Road.

http://www.theeagora.com...-of-the-name-kalasinga/
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
0%_Omera
#51 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2015 4:11:48 PM

FundamentAli wrote:
Lord Delemare has to be in. KCC, KGCCU, KFA, Unga Ltd, railway etc

If am not wrong, Lord Delemare is credited for introducing corn/maize in the region, me think he should top the list.
The best method of distributing wealth, is that of distributing principles of achievement by which wealth is procured.
Lolest!
#52 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2015 7:29:06 PM

0%_Omera wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:

If am not wrong, Lord Delemare is credited for introducing corn/maize in the region, me think he should top the list.

I thought maize was introduced by the Portuguese
murchr
#53 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2015 8:54:16 PM

Lolest! wrote:
0%_Omera wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:

I never knew this much about about Lord Delamere. I think some of this history should be taught in school purposely for character building.

Wikipedia wrote:
Among Kenya's white settlers, Lord Delamere was famous for his utter devotion to developing Kenyan agriculture. For many years his only homes in Kenya were native-style mud and grass huts, which his wife (who was Ulster Anglo-Irish) decorated with their fine British and Irish furnishings. For twenty years, Delamere farmed his colossal land by trial, error and dogged effort, experimenting endlessly with crops and livestock, and accruing an invaluable stockpile of knowledge that would later serve as the foundation for the agricultural economy of the colony.

By 1905, Delamere was a pioneer of the East African dairy industry. He was also a pioneer at crossbreeding animals, beginning with sheep and chicken, then moving to cattle; most of his imported animals, however, succumbed to diseases such as foot and mouth and Red water disease.Delamere purchased Ryeland Rams from England to mate with 11,000 Maasai ewes, and in 1904, imported 500 pure-bred merino ewes from New Zealand. Four-fifths of the merino ewes quickly died, and the remaining stock were moved to Delamere's Soysambu Ranch, as well as the remaining stock of 1,500 imported cattle that suffered from pleuro-pneumonia.

Eventually, Lord Delamere decided to grow wheat. This, too, was plagued by disease, specifically Rust (fungus).[15] By 1909, Delamere was out of money, resting his last hopes on a 1,200-acre (4.9 km2) wheat crop that eventually failed. He was quoted by author Elspeth Huxley as commenting drily, 'I started to grow wheat in East Africa to prove that though I lived on the equator, I was not in an equatorial country.' Delamere eventually created a 'wheat laboratory' on his farm, employing scientists to manufacture hardy wheat varieties for the Kenyan highlands. To supplement his income, he even tried raising ostriches for their feathers, importing incubators from Europe; this venture also failed with the advent of the motor car and the decline in fashion of feathered hats. Delamere was the first European to start a maize farm, Florida Farm, in the Rongai Valley, and established the first flour mill in Kenya.By 1914, his efforts finally began to generate a profit.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
wazuaguest
#54 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2015 7:03:48 AM

Kenya is a big cooperative with few stellar chairpersons here and there.
Also the fact that very few have moved something alone. Michael Joseph would not have had an impact without Michukis and Prof Ndungu approval.James Mwangi rode on Munga.Kenyatta rode on Field Marshal Waciuri Kimathis shoulder and General China among others.Kibaki waited for Koigi,Orengo, Raila,Rubia, Matiba Bishop Muge, Shikuku,to bite the bullet and then came and turned around the economy.
But members resilience has seen them through some difficult moment's like Moi 24 destructive years.
Africa belongs to Africans.
Impunity
#55 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2015 7:58:29 AM

Shak wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Alba wrote:
@Nandwa

Sad Sad

Raira.

@Bupamba was not in a hurry to take the seat, he was very composed and was always preparing to accept and move on until he saw KBC news showing a midnight swearing in ceremony. Then he suspected fowl play(Yes, guinea foul)!!!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

T-Bag
#56 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2015 10:49:33 AM

MOG Reverend Julian Kyula CEO Mo-DE
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
Lolest!
#57 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2015 11:30:23 AM

The link doesn't say he introduced maize to East Africa
murchr wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
0%_Omera wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:

I never knew this much about about Lord Delamere. I think some of this history should be taught in school purposely for character building.

Wikipedia wrote:
Among Kenya's white settlers, Lord Delamere was famous for his utter devotion to developing Kenyan agriculture. For many years his only homes in Kenya were native-style mud and grass huts, which his wife (who was Ulster Anglo-Irish) decorated with their fine British and Irish furnishings. For twenty years, Delamere farmed his colossal land by trial, error and dogged effort, experimenting endlessly with crops and livestock, and accruing an invaluable stockpile of knowledge that would later serve as the foundation for the agricultural economy of the colony.

By 1905, Delamere was a pioneer of the East African dairy industry. He was also a pioneer at crossbreeding animals, beginning with sheep and chicken, then moving to cattle; most of his imported animals, however, succumbed to diseases such as foot and mouth and Red water disease.Delamere purchased Ryeland Rams from England to mate with 11,000 Maasai ewes, and in 1904, imported 500 pure-bred merino ewes from New Zealand. Four-fifths of the merino ewes quickly died, and the remaining stock were moved to Delamere's Soysambu Ranch, as well as the remaining stock of 1,500 imported cattle that suffered from pleuro-pneumonia.

Eventually, Lord Delamere decided to grow wheat. This, too, was plagued by disease, specifically Rust (fungus).[15] By 1909, Delamere was out of money, resting his last hopes on a 1,200-acre (4.9 km2) wheat crop that eventually failed. He was quoted by author Elspeth Huxley as commenting drily, 'I started to grow wheat in East Africa to prove that though I lived on the equator, I was not in an equatorial country.' Delamere eventually created a 'wheat laboratory' on his farm, employing scientists to manufacture hardy wheat varieties for the Kenyan highlands. To supplement his income, he even tried raising ostriches for their feathers, importing incubators from Europe; this venture also failed with the advent of the motor car and the decline in fashion of feathered hats. Delamere was the first European to start a maize farm, Florida Farm, in the Rongai Valley, and established the first flour mill in Kenya.By 1914, his efforts finally began to generate a profit.

Lolest!
#58 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2015 11:34:30 AM

wazuaguest wrote:
Kenya is a big cooperative with few stellar chairpersons here and there.
Also the fact that very few have moved something alone. Michael Joseph would not have had an impact without Michukis and Prof Ndungu approval.James Mwangi rode on Munga.Kenyatta rode on Field Marshal Waciuri Kimathis shoulder and General China among others.Kibaki waited for Koigi,Orengo, Raila,Rubia, Matiba Bishop Muge, Shikuku,to bite the bullet and then came and turned around the economy.
But members resilience has seen them through some difficult moment's like Moi 24 destructive years.

Mau Mau romanticisation!
murchr
#59 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2015 5:00:31 PM

Lolest! wrote:
The link doesn't say he introduced maize to East Africa
murchr wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
0%_Omera wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:

Wikipedia wrote:

Obi 1 Kanobi
#60 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2015 5:22:36 PM

So far only 3 candidates;

Michael Joseph - Safaricom/Mpesa
James Mwangi - Equity/Financial inclusion
S.K Macharia - Royal Media Services

notable mention to whoever built Nakumatt, wengine wote hawesmek
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins