wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
You are out of bounds Mr. President
Rahatupu
#21 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 1:42:19 PM

The way I see it: Nobody mentions the contents in the deadly drinks, no one talks about the BIG timers in the chain, ni Wakikuyu wenyewe they'd sell anything in the name of business. Add to the legalisation of brewing anything by Mututho which the gov't has no capacity to monitor.... complicate it further by poor enforcement by police and chiefs.....greed nayo?
maka
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 1:54:51 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Let these walevi join NYS and start building the nation.

I agree with that they should be paving roads,planting flowers etc
possunt quia posse videntur
kaka2za
#23 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 2:16:16 PM

They are targeting the small fish,the retailers in dingy outlets. Where are the manufacturers?! Cut the supply at the source!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
washiku
#24 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 2:18:48 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Let these walevi join NYS and start building the nation.

Many are already too poisoned to hold a shovelSad Sad Sad
Wamunyota
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 2:28:44 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Alcoholism in Central Kenya is a big problem. I however object to the Embakasi style way of dealing with the problem that has been initiated by Waititu and now appears to enjoy presidential sanction. Small licensed businesses that deal in liquor are being looted and vandalized in the name fighting against alcoholism. The high unemployment rate in Central cannot be dealt with by just closing down drinking joints in fact I argue it might have a counterproductive effect. People will be forced to choose between having thugs in their neigbourhoods or having drunkards.

Mnataka ngeta ama ulevi.

I strongly disagree with the highlighted.

I doubt unemployment is causing drunkenness. Infact, I think drunkenness is causing unemployment!

Why? Just visit areas in Kiambu county that are within commuting distance from the city eg Kiambu, Ruaka, Muchatha, Banana,Wangige, Kikuyu, Ruiru

You will find those fellows lazing around and waiting for 20 bob handout.

At the same time, there will be a Wafula all the way from Chwele who took a bus from huko Bungoma to Nairobi to try out a security job. He is paid 8,500. He lives in a rented house. He is okay and even manages to send the guys back home some pesa.

Why can't this Kiambu fellow take up such a job instead of begging for 20bob? His costs(no rent) are much lower! He has made himself unemployable and will not sustain any job. If you doubt, just ask around where these walevis are and you will find enough graduates and former employees of banks, civil service, hospitals(even medical doctors!) among them.

Alcoholism is not caused by poverty/unemployment. Alcoholism causes poverty and unemployment.

Applause Applause
Those idlers are just lazy.Not that there is nothing to be done.They choose to just sit and do nothing.
There is nothing wrong in partaking but the problem comes in when we replace other productive responsibilities with pombe.They are unable to balance between taking fombe,family and work.Fombe is supposed to be baada ya kazi not before or during.
When we were growing up and primary school level we experimented with all forms of drinks.We had a mutungi of muratina always ready.We could go to jam sessions on sunday and monday we were in school nursing hangover.Drinking is a social aspect.The government should encourage production of traditional brews such as muratina and busaa.Mututho drinking hours should also be enforced.
Hutia Mundu!!
Ngong
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 3:22:22 PM

Wamunyota wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Alcoholism in Central Kenya is a big problem. I however object to the Embakasi style way of dealing with the problem that has been initiated by Waititu and now appears to enjoy presidential sanction. Small licensed businesses that deal in liquor are being looted and vandalized in the name fighting against alcoholism. The high unemployment rate in Central cannot be dealt with by just closing down drinking joints in fact I argue it might have a counterproductive effect. People will be forced to choose between having thugs in their neigbourhoods or having drunkards.

Mnataka ngeta ama ulevi.

I doubt unemployment is causing drunkenness. Infact, I think drunkenness is causing unemployment!

Why? Just visit areas in Kiambu county that are within commuting distance from the city eg Kiambu, Ruaka, Muchatha, Banana,Wangige, Kikuyu, Ruiru

At the same time, there will be a Wafula all the way from Chwele who took a bus from huko Bungoma to Nairobi to try out a security job. He is paid 8,500. He lives in a rented house. He is okay and even manages to send the guys back home some pesa.

Why can't this Kiambu fellow take up such a job instead of begging for 20bob? His costs(no rent) are much lower! He has made himself unemployable and will not sustain any job. If you doubt, just ask around where these walevis are and you will find enough graduates and former employees of banks, civil service, hospitals(even medical doctors!) among them.

Alcoholism is not caused by poverty/unemployment. Alcoholism causes poverty and unemployment.

Applause Applause
Those idlers are just lazy.Not that there is nothing to be done.They choose to just sit and do nothing.
There is nothing wrong in partaking but the problem comes in when we replace other productive responsibilities with pombe.They are unable to balance between taking fombe,family and work.Fombe is supposed to be baada
ya kazi not before or during.
When we were growing up and primary school level we experimented with all forms of drinks.We had a mutungi of muratina always ready.We could go to jam sessions on sunday and monday we were in school nursing hangover.Drinking is a social aspect.The government should encourage production of traditional brews such as muratina and busaa.Mututho drinking hours should also be enforced.

@Wamunyota give me one just one success of the so called mututho laws pls.
Wamunyota
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 3:33:21 PM

Ngong wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

Mnataka ngeta ama ulevi.

Applause Applause
There is nothing wrong in partaking but the problem comes in when we replace other productive responsibilities with pombe.They are unable to balance between taking fombe,family and work.Fombe is supposed to be baada

I talked of muthutho hours not mututho laws.Of course Kenya is a country of lawlessness.The people who should be enforcing these laws are busy taking bribes so nothing can be implemented with all the greed.I dont think it is right for anyone to be drunk on monday morning.I know of a number of bars that are full on monday morning rather than engaging in a positive economic activity.
Hutia Mundu!!
Ngong
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 3:50:32 PM

Wamunyota wrote:
Ngong wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

Mnataka ngeta ama ulevi.

Applause Applause

I talked of muthutho hours not mututho laws.Of course Kenya is a country of lawlessness.The people who should be enforcing these laws are busy taking bribes so nothing can be implemented with all the greed.I dont think it is right for anyone to be drunk on monday morning.I know of a number of bars that are full on monday morning rather than engaging in a positive economic activity.

Thanks lets talk about positive activity, l work in an islamic country get one week leave to my country whats wrong for me to have a beer anytime of the day?
Wamunyota
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 4:30:04 PM

Ngong wrote:

Thanks lets talk about positive activity, l work in an islamic country get one week leave to my country whats wrong for me to have a beer anytime of the day?

May be you live in Greece so let me bring you to speed.We have a whole bunch of young people who just sit there in the village and do nothing.They are drunk 24-7 and cannot differentiate between a day and night.Their parents and grand parents are the one who work and he is just there borrowing mbao,za macho na kutoa lock.They have neither purpose nor direction in life.They cannot even f*** so they are not adding any value to the society.
A few years back a friend of mine did an experiment.He met about 20 of these idling and offered to give them 2000 bob if they could erect.None of the buggers could erect so he offered to double the money to 4k to motivate them.Nothing happened.He retained the money.Very sad state of affairs.
Hutia Mundu!!
Ngong
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 4:59:31 PM

Wamunyota wrote:
Ngong wrote:

May be you live in Greece so let me bring you to speed.We have a whole bunch of young people who just sit there in the village and do nothing.They are drunk 24-7 and cannot differentiate between a day and night.Their parents and grand parents are the one who work and he is just there borrowing mbao,za macho na kutoa lock.They have neither purpose nor direction in life.They cannot even f*** so they are not adding any value to the society.
A few years back a friend of mine did an experiment.He met about 20 of these idling and offered to give them 2000 bob if they could erect.None of the buggers could erect so he offered to double the money to 4k to motivate them.Nothing happened.He retained the money.Very sad state of affairs.

Exactly my point,the so called mututho laws and time never saved these guys but created an avenue for those in authority to make cash.
Drinking for the responsible is very expensive affair and everybody knows this,why group me with the irresposible (sp) lot?
washiku
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 4:59:50 PM

Wamunyota wrote:
Ngong wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Wamunyota wacha jokes? How were they supposed to erect by looking at you, a fellow dude or how were you facilitating their erection?
Ngong
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:02:13 PM

Out of curiosty how was he conducting the erecting exercise?
washiku
#33 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:07:40 PM

Ngong wrote:

That can only be Wamunyota!Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I too wonder how he was conducting it.
kaka2za
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:08:54 PM

washiku wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
Ngong wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Wamunyota wacha jokes? How were they supposed to erect by looking at you, a fellow dude or how were you facilitating their erection?

They could imagine the were looking at Megan Fox akiwa ndethe.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Wamunyota
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:11:18 PM

washiku wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
Ngong wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly @Swenani can give you tips.I don't want to go to details but they has what it takes to make hio kitu isimame.
Hutia Mundu!!
Wamunyota
#36 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:13:03 PM

washiku wrote:
Ngong wrote:

That can only be Wamunyota!Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I too wonder how he was conducting it.

smile smile
Hutia Mundu!!
Ngong
#37 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:16:02 PM

Wamunyota wrote:
washiku wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
Ngong wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly @Swenani can give you tips.I don't want to go to details but they has what it takes to make hio kitu isimame.

Wacha @Swenani ni mluyhya hata kuku will do!
Wamunyota
#38 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:20:42 PM

Ngong wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
washiku wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
Ngong wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Hutia Mundu!!
Njung'e
#39 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:27:11 PM

Ngong wrote:
[quote=Wamunyota][quote=washiku][quote=Wamunyota][quote=Ngong]

Ngai MwathaniLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Meanwhile;
http://www.the-star.co.k...on#sthash.uw1f3nqq.dpbs

I like. way to go.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
wa P
#40 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:32:57 PM

Mainat wrote:
You must learn to ignore the president when he does his off the cuff speeches which are akin bar talk. Just meant for passing time

The president is usually very well appraised about cause-effect.
In case you are one of those Mainat's from Mars,then you dont know what this is all about.

Past couple of weeks the anti alcoholism decibel has been raised by opinion leaders. They want one thing - the enforcement to be 'devolved' to the public.

A few other social challenges in Central have been solved like that. Ask your granddad how they dealt with 'thuya'.

Giving MPs the greenlight to deal with alcoholism is giving it to the public.

I will not be too elegant about it, but methinks alcoholism problem is now in good hands.