wazua Tue, May 14, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
SK selling our email addresses?
pauloti
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 9:22:00 AM

hi i just got some spam mail from a 'loise sakana' (dialmovies@gmail.com),whom i do not know,and i just realised all the email addresses on her list of sent people are regular blogger on SK like cindano,tusker baridi,wendz,plisner etc. Is SK passing on our email addresses to 3rd parties??? SK can you advise....
jerry
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:12:00 PM

Those mentioned as being in 'sent to list' should comment on this serious allegation.

Hotels will always serve the fruits/vegs of the season. In stocks,ur duty as a trader is to identify the HOTshare of the season.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
The Real Shaft
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 6:01:00 PM

is that why am getting serious fan mail......

and fantastic offers beyond this world .....???

I'm the real Massey F.....shut your mouth
I'm the real Massey Fergu...... Shut your mouth....
Kaigangio
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 10:25:00 AM

What do you guys expect when you freely and voluntarily give your e-mail addresses right here at SK forums....you are showing what you are best at...pointing fingures as usual...leave stockskenya out of this and blame yourselves...

how about that guy who a couple of weeks ago collected tens of e-mail addresses? i wonder what he did with them....

NEVER TALK OF A RHINO IF THERE IS NO TREE NEAREBY - ZULU PROVERB
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
leona
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 1:14:00 PM

@Kagizzard

I dont mind being sent promotional material,or guys introducing their business to me via my email address...what i find really arrogant is somebody just exposing everybody else's address to ALL and sundry. I by the way,also push my business via email..and i make my cash online through people i know,and those that i dont. But clearly..one must learn basic internet etiquette if they have to thrive in this dot com times. I have nothing against the dude having my address and sending me stuff,because i gave my address to him. What am against is him exposing everyone's address,If i was an address collector...i would have harvested a lot of addresses from his emails and then gone ahead to flood innnocent people's inboxes with promotional stuff without their consent,or even sold the addresses(there are always people willing to buy..)

We're here on SK to grow,and help others grow too in the process.....'Loise' is a very young lad,trying to make some cash..but he must be prepared to learn some things(even if through the hard way) for the future sucess of his business. I have nothing against him as a person or his business BTW

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't..
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
Kamaa
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:38:00 PM

@ leona i din't get you... pls get clearer...

you've heard me..
When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend
leona
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:27:00 PM

@Kamaa

Pole,i'd written that hastily....what part would you like clarified my dear?

Kamaa
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:47:00 PM

@leona do u know this lady 'loise' selling emails? Is she the same person in the movie biz..? ok from your post i got it like u have already consented on your email ad to be used..

you've heard me..
When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend
leona
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:55:00 PM

@Kamaa,I dont like know the 'loise' personally... There's a dude behind that email address who delivers movies,and he delivered some to me a while back. I gave him my email address so that he can be updating me whenever he has movies that suit my taste. Unfortunately,he started sending me mails with like 50+ other people's exposed there(on cc) and when i wrote to him requesting that he do the honourable thing and bcc the addresses...i think he either didnt understand,or took it the wrong way.

Anyway,what i meant in my earlier post was that i wilingly gave him my address,and that he didnt steal mine(i was actually responding to @jerry who'd asked us to explain if the dude had stolen our addresses)

Why lie?
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 7:58:00 PM

Of all other issues you guys are concerned that someone has thier email address...Plis grow up...Kenya is not even near the digital age where identity theft is an issue. Apart from him sending you the latest movie collection what else is happening? Unless the guy is sending you emails trying to recruit u to be a terrorist plis lets have serious discussions under biz ideas...

The truth shall set you free
Kamaa
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 8:07:00 PM

@ leona got you..

you've heard me..
Mpenzi
#12 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 4:01:00 AM

who,in her/his right mind,use their ordinary email address on such a forum?
leona
#13 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 6:45:00 AM

@why lie,It's clear you didnt get the point. This is a very serious business discussion. The movie guy is trying to grow his small business,and in so doing..he needs to learn some business etiqutte if he plans on suceeding. The discussion on how to handle peoples' addresses and other confidential contacts goes beyond the guy in question. Other people viewing the thread and looking at it from a a business angle are bound to benefit and improve their biz skills. The addresses in question were exchanged outside SK,for personal use and not openly on the forum.

majimaji
#14 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 7:04:00 AM

What does BCC do to addresses?

Mimi sijui.

And BCC stands for?

In man prudence,in woman patience - Jacob Cats
Mpenzi
#15 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 7:38:00 AM

@majimaji usiwe majimaji. You only need to google some to these things!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_carbon_copy

'In the context of e-mail,blind carbon copy (abbreviated Bcc:) refers to the practice of sending a message to multiple recipients in such a way that conceals individual email addresses from the complete list of recipients.

While now associated almost exclusively with e-mail and other electronic messaging,the term originates with typewritten documents. In a now-rare practice,a typist produces multiple copies of a document by alternating one or more layers of carbon paper between sheets of blank paper. When the typewriter letter strikes the paper,the carbon transfers to the paper,producing a copy. In some circumstances,the typist must ensure that multiple recipients of such a document not see the names of other recipients. To achieve this,the typist can:

Add the names in a second step to each copy,without carbon paper
Set the ribbon to not strike the paper,which leaves names off the top copy (but may leave letter impressions on the paper)

To specify recipients,an e-mail message may contain addresses in any of these three fields:

To: Primary recipients
Cc: Carbon copy to secondary recipients—other interested parties
Bcc: Blind carbon copy to recipients who receive the message without others,including the To: and Cc: recipients,seeing who else received it

It is common practice to use the Bcc: field when addressing a very long list of recipients,or a list of recipients that should not (necessarily) know each other,e.g. in mailing lists.'
mozenrat
#16 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 7:39:00 AM

@Leona... U are right...

I remember once receiving an email from a stockbroker touting their new services and the email addresses of all other recipients were in the 'to' field...

I believe the correct way to do it is either 'BCC' or create a a group like the one that the NSE uses while sending us mail.... I think its called 'undisclosed-recipients'....

That way a potential spammer or identity thief who may be in the list of recipients would not be able to obtain your email address....
McReggae
#17 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 8:45:00 AM

Blaming sk on this for me is riduculous given the way fellows have been throwing email addrfesses!!!!

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
dexco
#18 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 8:45:00 AM

1. I am okay with people sending me promotional mail as long as they use the BCC part on their email adresses so protecting my privacy.

2. About people growing their bussinesses i know that advertisements,selling points can take upto 30% of the final product cost. So if it means that someone will give me a 30% discount cause they will promote through emai!! WELCOME

3. About if emails are being sold or not i think u have the power to choose whether to read,buy or even entertain this emails. So u just need to send back a note that they remove you from list of recepients.
swaleh
#19 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 8:50:00 AM

Get smart. Dont use your ordinary emails on sk or simply check the 'hide' box on your profile to hide your emails.

I`m officially tha realest,point blank period! T.I.
swaleh
#20 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 8:51:00 AM

Get smart. Dont use your ordinary emails on sk or simply check the 'hide' box on your profile to hide your emails.

I`m officially tha realest,point blank period! T.I.