wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

CDS Accounts for Bonds
maka
#1 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 2:09:00 PM

Man opening the account is just a hustle they should look into it....

REQUIREMENTS FOR OPENING AND CHANGING DETAILS FOR THE CDS
ACCOUNTS FOR INDIVIDUALS/JOINT ACCOUNTS
1. Individuals may hold a single or joint CDS accounts but NO minor accounts.
2. Each individual CDS account holder/applicant MUST complete the CDS accounts specimen signature mandate
card (the card) which can be collected from any of the Central Bank of Kenya Branches in Nairobi, Mombasa,
Kisumu, Eldoret or the Currency Centers in Meru, Nakuru and Nyeri.
3. The card (s) should be completed in BLOCK LETTERS, neatly and clearly.
4. Names MUST be written in the order that they appear on the identification document.
5. NO alternations/errors.
6. The card MUST not be folded or disfigured in anyway.
7. Signatories to the CDS account will be required to sign the card in the presence of a designated CBK Officer or
any Authorized Agent.
8. On completion applicants will personally submit the duly completed card (s) together with:
a. One recent coloured Passport size photograph of the account Holder.
b. The reverse side of the photograph MUST be certified by the applicants Bankers and stamped.
c. The photograph must NOT be stapled or glued to the card.
d. The original and clear copy of the National Identity card/valid Passport/alien certificate for
verification. (Note that the copies will be retained by CBK)
9. Two signatories of your Bankers, whether a Commercial Bank or Financial institution must sign and stamp the
card on the space provided, confirming the Bank account details.

KINDLY NOTE
 The Commercial Bank/Financial institution under note 9 above must be licensed by the Central Bank of
Kenya.
 Payments will be made to the Bank account specified in the mandate card.
 On receipt of all the requirements, CDS account application (s) will be processed within seven working days.
 Change of address may be advised through a letter signed by signatories as per the mandate.
 To change details of the CDS account one completes a CDS card and follows all the requirements mentioned
from no. 1 to 9.
 For any further clarifications kindly contact us on Tel +254 020 2860000
/email:ndo@centralbank.go.ke/applications@centralbank.go.ke/visit our offices in Nairobi, Kisumu,
Mombasa, Meru, Nakuru or Nyeri.
possunt quia posse videntur
wazuaguest
#2 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 8:39:37 PM

If they are doing Mkiba they should make this process simpler.
Africa belongs to Africans.
kimanimsc
#3 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 8:59:12 PM

maka wrote:
Man opening the account is just a hustle they should look into it....

REQUIREMENTS FOR OPENING AND CHANGING DETAILS FOR THE CDS
ACCOUNTS FOR INDIVIDUALS/JOINT ACCOUNTS
1. Individuals may hold a single or joint CDS accounts but NO minor accounts.
2. Each individual CDS account holder/applicant MUST complete the CDS accounts specimen signature mandate
card (the card) which can be collected from any of the Central Bank of Kenya Branches in Nairobi, Mombasa,
Kisumu, Eldoret or the Currency Centers in Meru, Nakuru and Nyeri.
3. The card (s) should be completed in BLOCK LETTERS, neatly and clearly.
4. Names MUST be written in the order that they appear on the identification document.
5. NO alternations/errors.
6. The card MUST not be folded or disfigured in anyway.
7. Signatories to the CDS account will be required to sign the card in the presence of a designated CBK Officer or
any Authorized Agent.
8. On completion applicants will personally submit the duly completed card (s) together with:
a. One recent coloured Passport size photograph of the account Holder.
b. The reverse side of the photograph MUST be certified by the applicants Bankers and stamped.
c. The photograph must NOT be stapled or glued to the card.
d. The original and clear copy of the National Identity card/valid Passport/alien certificate for
verification. (Note that the copies will be retained by CBK)
9. Two signatories of your Bankers, whether a Commercial Bank or Financial institution must sign and stamp the
card on the space provided, confirming the Bank account details.

KINDLY NOTE
 The Commercial Bank/Financial institution under note 9 above must be licensed by the Central Bank of
Kenya.
 Payments will be made to the Bank account specified in the mandate card.
 On receipt of all the requirements, CDS account application (s) will be processed within seven working days.
 Change of address may be advised through a letter signed by signatories as per the mandate.
 To change details of the CDS account one completes a CDS card and follows all the requirements mentioned
from no. 1 to 9.
 For any further clarifications kindly contact us on Tel +254 020 2860000
/email:ndo@centralbank.go.ke/applications@centralbank.go.ke/visit our offices in Nairobi, Kisumu,
Mombasa, Meru, Nakuru or Nyeri.

Armed with passport photo, should take 30 minutes. The card require very basic info and then hand over to your bankers who will 8b ad 9.
bird_man
#4 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 9:52:46 PM

The boring part is you have to return the form PERSONALLY and they close at 2pm!
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
maka
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 7:25:05 AM

bird_man wrote:
The boring part is you have to return the form PERSONALLY and they close at 2pm!

The governor should change that part because if you have pin and I.d it should be straight forward to open the account...or maybe they appoint agents to collect the forms on their behalf.Someone went there jana was told it will take 30 days to open the account...
Kabird
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 8:27:02 PM

How can these people be so ineffective...They never respond to any written correspondence..Anyone know how long it takes for a CDS account to be open once they receive all requisite paperwork.
maka
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 8:52:32 PM

Kabird wrote:
How can these people be so ineffective...They never respond to any written correspondence..Anyone know how long it takes for a CDS account to be open once they receive all requisite paperwork.

Boss pole thats how things operate in that world...its like they live in the 90s...takes between 7 to 30 days...depending on how much you keep on calling and pushing them to expedite...and if you are lucky that your call goes through and the fellow on the other side is audible...myriad of problems.
bird_man
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 3:38:56 PM

maka wrote:
Kabird wrote:

Boss pole thats how things operate in that world...its like they live in the 90s...takes between 7 to 30 days...depending on how much you keep on calling and pushing them to expedite...and if you are lucky that your call goes through and the fellow on the other side is audible...myriad of problems.

Was there today to return my application.Was told it will take 3weeks to open an account.Goodness!I thought its a matter of clicking "New Account" on T24 system and getting it authorised....??
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
bird_man
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 3:40:37 PM

maka wrote:
Kabird wrote:

Was there today to return my application.Was told it will take 3weeks to open an account.Goodness!I thought its a matter of clicking "New Account" on T24 system and getting it authorised....??
wannaberich
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 4:10:03 PM

bird_man wrote:
maka wrote:
Kabird wrote:

Was also told it takes 3 weeks to open an account . I was not impressed.In this day and age opening an account should be instant. This is my week 3 waiting to see if it will be opened.
Money comes and goes. When you have it enjoy it.
MatataMingi
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 4:31:45 PM

I have an account for the last 20 years. It was very quick in those days.
A friend put his application 4 months ago. No progress so far.
Maybe they don't want new accounts, and keep the whole thing as a "members club"
Kabird
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 6:09:47 PM

We may need to know a way of contacting the governor..This is pathetic!!
maka
#13 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2016 7:48:19 AM

Kabird wrote:
We may need to know a way of contacting the governor..This is pathetic!!

Tweet him...
Kabird
#14 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2016 11:05:21 PM

I wrote multiple emails, sent fb messages guess what i finally got the number today
maka
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 2:56:03 PM

Kabird wrote:
I wrote multiple emails, sent fb messages guess what i finally got the number today

Welcome to the club...this months issue is a 5 year paper...MLF sat today...FYI the other big issue is getting your statement find it utterly nonsensical for the statement to take a whole day or two it should be instantaneous....
PeterReborn
#16 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 7:48:06 AM

After the hustle of getting the CDS account,I went to make the payment at the coop bank.It was a nightmareSad Sad .They were not interested in helping a client who has a CDS account as they want you to use their account and charge you 1500.They said they didn't have banking details for CBK to make payment and therefore I need to go to CBK to get their banking details.There is no banking details on their websiteSad
Consistency is better than intensity
maka
#17 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 8:01:03 AM

PeterReborn wrote:
After the hustle of getting the CDS account,I went to make the payment at the coop bank.It was a nightmareSad Sad .They were not interested in helping a client who has a CDS account as they want you to use their account and charge you 1500.They said they didn't have banking details for CBK to make payment and therefore I need to go to CBK to get their banking details.There is no banking details on their websiteSad

Just move to another bank....surely how can they fail to push a bond payment to CBK... the problem now would be you would need to change your banking details that you filled on the mandate card....
Kabird
#18 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 8:55:41 AM

I thought one could make their payment from another account if they so wish and that the banking details on the mandate card are for interest payments and refund after the maturity of the gov paper...
maka
#19 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 10:11:36 AM

Kabird wrote:
I thought one could make their payment from another account if they so wish and that the banking details on the mandate card are for interest payments and refund after the maturity of the gov paper...

Never tried...maybe for a primary...but secondary trading you cant use another account apart from the one you filled on the mandate card.

Account Name: Full Client Name( As known by CBK)

Virtual Number: As issued by CBK

Inform the bank that they MUST include the details below on the description of that RTGS.

T-Bond Name: Bond Name
Portfolio: As issued by CBK
Face Value: Amount applied for
Reference No: As indicated in the results of the auction