wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

A Sports betting website looking for a Kenyan Franchise
tictac2048
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2015 11:34:27 AM

Following the phenomenal success of online Sports betting in East Africa, a foreign sports betting website is looking to franchise with local partner(s) to launch business here.I am not sure about the nitty gritty details, but they are making for you a whole website at a fixed price then they acquire a small percentage of your business too.They will deal with all the technical stuff on your behalf.What do you guys think?Is this a good deal?I only know of Sportpesa, and I hear they are making extremely huge profits.
Jaro
#2 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 8:48:58 AM

This is a cash cow, more details please for thosr interested
Mike Ock
#3 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 4:19:59 PM

Sportpesa makes 2million USD per month according to some rumors I've heard. I personally know 5 people who are grappling with online betting addiction at the moment, so... I guess it's good business.
Njung'e
#4 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 4:48:39 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
Sportpesa makes 2million USD per month according to some rumors I've heard. I personally know 5 people who are grappling with online betting addiction at the moment, so... I guess it's good business.

Sportpesa isn't the only betting house in Kenya.I actually know of 4 more.Two deal in soccer just like sportpesa while the other two offer a wide range of sports including little known Pesapalo.If you ask me, i actually think SP do crap since they deal with soccer alone, their odds are skimmed low in comparison and their main prey is the Kenyan out for a quick buck moreso due to their high jackpot. For more serious punters,who want all manner of sports and best odds,then there is a shop.A very good shop.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Mike Ock
#5 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 4:52:46 PM

I think we can agree then that betting business is tamu sana. I won't be surprised to see a betting company in NSE within 10 years
oltome
#6 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 4:56:56 PM

Njung'e wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Sportpesa isn't the only betting house in Kenya.I actually know of 4 more.Two deal in soccer just like sportpesa while the other two offer a wide range of sports including little known Pesapalo.If you ask me, i actually think SP do crap since they deal with soccer alone, their odds are skimmed low in comparison and their main prey is the Kenyan out for a quick buck moreso due to their high jackpot. For more serious punters,who want all manner of sports and best odds,then there is a shop.A very good shop.

Name? you know The Ashes is just around the corner hehe
madollar
#7 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 5:24:26 PM

There is one known as "kwa muhindi" along naivasha road am told it also operates in other informal settlements . You should see the crowds at their "offices" never knew what was going on there until a certain jamaa informed me it was a betting joint
Njung'e
#8 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 5:58:21 PM

oltome wrote:
[quote=Njung'e][quote=Mike Ock]S

Elite - (Soccer+ low odds + no jackpot + silly website)

Royalbet ( Soccer only + fair odds +no jackpot + funny website

Justbet ( All but selected sports + a red irritating website + fair odds + no jackpot

Goldbet Kenya (All sports + Fairly good website + best odds + best support team + No jackpot + lucks an interactive withdrawal service + the only house with bonuses ranging from 5% to 50% for multi-bets.

Sasa tuma tusker hapa kwa mzeesmile
tictac2048
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 8:55:00 AM

Jaro wrote:
This is a cash cow, more details please for those interested

Yes, they specialize in specifically building betting websites.You can contact the at primebetsystems (at) gmail.com. As I said, I don't really know the specific details as I don't have enough capital to start the business right now.Just thought someone here might be interested.
mkenyan
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:08:31 AM

tictac2048 wrote:
Jaro wrote:

Yes, they specialize in specifically building betting websites.You can contact the at primebetsystems (at) gmail.com. As I said, I don't really know the specific details as I don't have enough capital to start the business right now.Just thought someone here might be interested.

do they also procure for people betting licenses? getting licensing to run a betting outfit in kenya is not child's play. and last i checked you have to hand over a good percentage of your gross for charity.
deadpoet
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:31:29 AM

Sports betting might indeed be a cash cow, but I can't imagine the amounts needed for marketing. Those sports pesa guys might be raking in the cash, but breaking even might be another story.
tictac2048
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 10:41:31 AM

mkenyan wrote:
tictac2048 wrote:
Jaro wrote:

do they also procure for people betting licenses? getting licensing to run a betting outfit in kenya is not child's play. and last i checked you have to hand over a good percentage of your gross for charity.

No they don't procure for you betting licenses.All they do is provide you with a full functional system that you plug and run.The rest of work ie marketing and and legal work is yours.My assumption is that since their niche is in making gambling websites, they may not be interested in the actual gambling business itself.
Njung'e
#13 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2015 11:13:17 AM

Njung'e wrote:
oltome wrote:
[quote=Njung'e][quote=Mike Ock]S

Elite - (Soccer+ low odds + no jackpot + silly website)

Royalbet ( Soccer only + fair odds +no jackpot + funny website

Justbet ( All but selected sports + a red irritating website + fair odds + no jackpot

Goldbet Kenya (All sports + Fairly good website + best odds + best support team + No jackpot + lucks an interactive withdrawal service + the only house with bonuses ranging from 5% to 50% for multi-bets.

Sasa tuma tusker hapa kwa mzeesmile

Looks like some of these outfits get feedback from right here.Now SP has started offering other sports (Basket,cricket,tennis)....Unfortunately,their odds remain just that.CRAP! e.g,today's match between Wawrinka and Verdasco is at 1.16 and 3.95. The average in the international market for Verdasco is 4.61 and the highest at ,5dime , betonline and Marathonbet ranges between 5.20 and a high of 5.70. A whooping 1.75 differenceSad Sad
FRM2011
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 5:07:46 PM

I need sound advice here hopefully from someone who has walked this path.

Jana, a close buddy convinced me to put a wager on the spain vs ukraine match. He is a pro in these things and advised me to put 2k for spain, and to hedge the same by putting 1k for a draw.

The game was late at night so I went to sleep only to find an sms in the morning informing me I won kes.5,220. A net of 2,220.

My stupid question is, how slippery is this path I have taken? You guessed right,I am putting the entire 5k back to today's games.

Please lets avoid the self-righteous pontificating,and dish out good advice.
Mike Ock
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 6:15:16 PM

My personal experience: I bet once during World Cup. For some reason, the odds on minnows like Bosnia losing were better than average, so I put a multi bet on all the minnows losing against big teams like Argentina etc. I won 13k, withdrew it and ran for the hills. Of course I wasted the money on debauchery like most lottery winners, but it was all in fun, so no biggie. I have never bet again.

My cousin who was with me also put his first bet in around the same time. He bet on some big game, two giants facing off, can't remember which. Anyway, he lost and tried again. Till today he is so trying. He does it in secret, supposedly because of the shame, but all the men in the family know he has been caught by the betting addiction.

Take from that what you may
watesh
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:15:06 PM

deadpoet wrote:
Sports betting might indeed be a cash cow, but I can't imagine the amounts needed for marketing. Those sports pesa guys might be raking in the cash, but breaking even might be another story.

They bore the burden of educating the market and earning trust. Now so many pple bet on Sportpesa and lose. They will break even eventually as long as they stay number 1
FRM2011
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:47:19 PM

[quote=Mike Ock]My personal experience: I bet once during World Cup. For some reason, the odds on minnows like Bosnia losing were better than average, so I put a multi bet on all the minnows losing against big teams like Argentina etc. I won 13k, withdrew it and ran for the hills. Of course I wasted the money on debauchery like most lottery winners, but it was all in fun, so no biggie. I have never bet again.

My cousin who was with me also put his first bet in around the same time. He bet on some big game, two giants facing off, can't remember which. Anyway, he lost and tried again. Till today he is so trying. He does it in secret, supposedly because of the shame, but all the men in the family know he has been caught by the betting addiction.

Take from that what you may[/quot

@mike, thanks for sharing bro. Many take home. lessons from your experience.
UpcomingPaperChaser
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 11:36:48 PM

please hang on............this is my idea that i am intending to launch sometime next year around Thika Road. with all those soccer fans around thika road i was thinking of getting a space....quite large.....installing like two Plasma screens and getting the system installed..........my budget estimates are in the range of 400-500k all inclusive......and returns of 20k net weekly....this is on the lower side mark you.....where i am currently betting is even done mitaani where someone sits under a tree with the betting machine with a paper showing the odds and the gamblers can bet without visiting the bethouse!!!!

Please msubiri nije nianzeni kisha nitawapa feedback............
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.